Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't take long for Prims to suddenly claim he was a traitor. So you strung him up.

Dear Prims,

You are Missy, the barmaid.
You begin with 0/0 TP.

You run the Butterfly Bistro, a place where guilds and all sorts can gather to eat, drink, and have a good time. In addition, you manage a request board for less official business.

Bulletin Board (no cost): You may use this action with the command ##Put a notice up on the bulletin board. You may write a 500 character maximum message to be posted by the mod at the beginning of the next day. You may use this ability three times during the game.

Barmaid (no cost): As the resident barmaid, you have access to quite a bit of information about people as they come and go. You may use this action with the command ##What about USER? You will be able to determine what role your target has, but not their alignment. You may use this ability only once during the game.

You may use any number of actions each night.

You are aligned with Armoroad, and you win when all threats have been eliminated.

Spoiler

Well that’s nice and all, but that’s not really who you are.

You are the Eldest One.

You are basically a god to the Deep Ones, a primal species that resides deep in the Labyrinth. You pull the strings behind the scenes, having formed a pact with others.

Your abilities above stand, with the following changes:
Bulletin Board -> Omniscient (No cost): No changes.
Barmaid -> Frozen Eye (No cost): You may use this ability twice during the game instead of just once.

In addition, you have the following extra ability:

Death Thunder (No cost): You may use this action with the command ##Petrify USER with Death Thunder. You will turn your target to stone, preventing their Role PM from flipping. You will receive their Role PM. You must use this action as a modifier to the factional kill.

You have factional communication with your partners here.

You are aligned with the Deep Ones, and you win when you achieve majority or nothing can stop the same from happening.

It is now Night Four. You have 24 hours to submit night actions. Phase ends at 1AM GMT 3/28.

Edited by Grace

Turns out, Snike was that last person that wanted you dead. And the crown princess, no less.

Dear Sunwoo Snike,

You are Gutrune, Armoroad Princess.
You begin with 0/0 TP.

You are the crown princess of Armoroad, crowned due to your own brother mysteriously going missing. You still look for him to this day, and hope the Labyrinth holds an answer...

Royal (passive): As princess of Armoroad, you have contact with your advisor, Flowdia. You may talk to them here. You’re not certain if she is fully loyal, though.

Crown Princess (passive): Also as princess of Armoroad, no one would dare invade on your privacy or your safety. As such, all non-killing actions against you will be roleblocked. Killers wouldn’t care about this, if they really wanted you dead.

You are aligned with Armoroad, and you win when all threats have been eliminated.

Spoiler

Well that’s mostly true. You have a dark secret, one that you may just take to your grave.

As part of trying to seek your brother, you had to look for ways to prolong your life, and resorted to a pact with the Eldest One to become immortal, at the cost of your humanity.

Your role as above has not changed. You have factional communication with your partners here.

You are aligned with the Deep Ones, and you win when you achieve majority or nothing can stop the same from happening.

With that, town wins EO3 Mafia! The remaining alive people:

Dear Shinori,

You are Shinori, the Monk.
You begin with 20/40 TP.

You are the healer class of the game. Instead of being just a healer though, you also specialize in unarmed fist skills, but let’s face it, no one uses you for that.

Blood Return (passive): You regain 8TP whenever a town-aligned player dies for any reason, including lynching.

Full Heal (30TP): You may use this ability with the command ##Full Heal USER. You will protect your target from all actions that night.

You are aligned with Armoroad, and you win when all threats have been eliminated.

Dear Weapons,

You are _____, the Hoplite.
You begin with 14/14 TP.

You are the defense class of the game. Specializing in shields and spears, you bring a different utility to just protecting, with having row-changing utility in your spear skills.

Bodyguard (3TP): You may use this action with the command ##Bodyguard USER. You will redirect all non-killing actions from your target to yourself that night.

Switch Stab (10TP): You may use this action with the command ##Switch with USER. You will take your target’s place for actions that night, and they will take your place for actions targeting you.

You are aligned with Armoroad, and you win when all threats have been eliminated.

Dear Eury,

You are Flowdia, the advisor.
You begin with 0/0 TP.

You give the guilds of Armoroad official missions in the game, and act as the advisor to the princess Gutrune. There’s really not much else to say.

Advisor (passive): You have contact with the princess, Gutrune, due to your standing. You may talk with them here. You aren’t privy to the princess’ full agenda, since it’s not your place to question.

Mission Proposal (no cost): You may use this ability with the command ##Give USER a mission. Your target will be forced to undertake a menial mission for the sake of Armoroad, and their next action will be delayed. Delayed actions take effect the following night, incur their TP cost (if applicable) when they were initially used, and the target will be notified that their action was delayed.

Dear Bartozio,

You are Camus, the Zodiac.
You begin with 50/50 TP.

You are the magical class of the game, able to control the three elements and even dip slightly into physical spells. Your utility lies in being strong at hitting elemental weaknesses hard.

Dark Ether (12TP): You may use this ability with the command ##Dark Ether USER. The target will consume 0TP for their action that night, if applicable.

Meteor (50TP): You may use this ability with the command ##Meteor USER. You will make an attempt on that target’s life.

Also you find a scrap of paper on the outskirts of town.

Dear SB,

You are Kokichi, the Ninja.
You begin with 21/21 TP.

You are the utility/evasion class in the game. You have the ability to clone yourself and potentially be an army of one. You suffer from lacklustre stats and durability though.

Bunshin (12TP): You may use this action with the command ##Send a clone to watch USER. You will see who targets your target that night. In addition, you will also be affected by any action that your target receives that night, as you still are your own clone, after all.

Satorubi (3TP): You may use this action with the command ##Use Satorubi. You will nullify the first kill attempt on your life that night. You may use this ability alongside Bunshin only once during the game.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:56 PM, Shinori said:

I don't count subs coming in or going out as Alignment indicative.  So don't use this argument as an actual reason:

And for the record. I think you would.

I've been made.

GG, thanks for hosting.

Feel bad for Prims considering his recent mafia rands.

Omega scummy for Marth/Boron dichotomy.

Marth/SB I think we could have worked things out but we all ended up dying before having a chance to really progress our reads. Shit happens.

Lol @ this game.

I should probably take a break from mafia at this point, it's starting to feel like a chore to write posts.

Had the kill not been blocked I was going to try to push eury/shinori scumteam lmao but this game was impossible as soon as Weapons pulled off the self-drive really.

I maybe didn't enjoy this game as much bc I subbed in, but at least I delayed my slot until the last.

IMO, I feel like 2 things should've been different setup-wise

1) Scum should not have had both of the 0 tp roles. It was easy to rolespec off of that.

2) I should've maybe had a fakeclaim wrt neighbors. I got flavorhunted after subbing in.

Quicktopics:
mafia
gy
neighbor v2

Postgame-ish stuff:

Boy. This was a game. Not without its share of fuckups by me, as well. The main one being that the delayer was only ever meant to be one-shot, but I didn't catch the wording until it was too late, and I had to run with it as written, which in the end screwed over the mafia, as that wasn't intended.
I almost completely hecked up the drive shenanigans on N3, but I actually caught most of that before people really saw I had completely forgot to apply that drive. Oops!

Comments:
D2 modkill: I had to debate whether to do one of the following:
1) Modkill, continue the day (lolno)
2) Modkill, allow discussion (ehh)
3) Modkill, end day.

I opted into 3) since the modkill had to take the place of the lynch, + delayer shenanigans meant the gamestate would stray too far from what was intended. 

Setup:

I tried to make it so that there were no duplicate roles or roles that were eerily similar, and to limit town's investigation to lower amounts. Non-TP roles existed on both sides to mess with rolespec. 
Ascetic was possibly a little too close to commuter, but aside from that I think I did an okay job. 
In general, I didn't want to jam shitloads of power onto each role, so I tried to temper it around and try out some less standard options. 
Inventor items were not terribly strong either, and the Farmer role was always kind of throwaway. That's on me.

Also I totally forgot a role pm. am good at the organisational things

Dear Via,

You are Napier, the merchant.
You begin with 0/0 TP.

You provide all the guilds in the city with your merchant wares, which most appreciate. Granted, you only do it because you care about the money to be gained from doing so, but that’s not the point.

You have three items in your stock at the beginning of the game. You may not use these items yourself; you must give them to other players. You may pass more than one item per night. Players holding items that die do not pass them on in any way.

Item: Amrita

You may use this item with the command ##Use Amrita. This item will restore 25TP to the user. This cannot exceed a player’s maximum TP value.

You may pass this item to another player with the command ##Pass to USER.

Item: Stonard

You may use this item with the command ##Use Stonard. This will negate all other non-killing actions on the user that night.

Item: Unihorn

You may use this item with the command ##Use Unihorn on USER. The target loses all passive effects related to their role until the following night, up to and including factional communication.

2 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Image result for monika doki doki

OK

42 minutes ago, Snike said:

Oh rip mb.

Still I'm not sure stacking 2 on a 3 man team is a good idea.

I guess not since via was also 0 tp.

I think my point about flavor is fair though.

i had an anxiety attack then coasted after d1 but it wasn't anyone's fault. i shouldn't have been trying to play mafia at 6am

Wait, wait, am I seeing this right? Did a game just end without me getting misslynched?!

On 14-3-2018 at 7:32 AM, Bartozio said:

Ah, peer pressure! It's also come to my attention that I still need to fix my reputation of always getting lynched!

I Honestly never expected I'd actually pull this off when I said this.

15 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Ending Day on a town modkill flip was the right call. 

I lol'd at reading scum planning my mislynch in qt. It probably would have worked; I think I was scumread by every townie minus Shinori who had an epic game.

Weapons really saved our neck, yeah.

GG guys. Scum played a really good game, but you guys had bad luck in me, weapons and later Eury being cleared from role actions and a nightkill being forced on Omega. PoE's a bitch and all that.

I got pretty pissed when the one time my role wasn't (basicly) vanilla as town Shinori went out of his way to block my one-shot action, but... yeah my reads sucked up until D3, so I guess it was justified. Sorry about shooting you Eury, I probably shouldn't have been so trigger happy.

Also, thanks for hosting a fun game Grace! I really enjoyed myself.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Sorry about shooting you Eury, I probably shouldn't have been so trigger happy..

S'all good. 

The main reason why I even ended up targeting you to RB was the fact that, from D1 priorities, I had Clarinets > Marth > You.

Figured it would be too predictable if I targetted Marth, so moved down to you lol.

Goddamnit team, I leave and this happens xD

On a more serious note, good game all, Í really enjoyed it, will definitely try forum mafia again at some point. My day 3 was really bad, I had a case prepared against Omega which I had to drop ofc and realized I couldn't assemble a reasonable scumteam without myself in it, so yeah.... I deserved that lynch.

Grace, I like the setup, I feel the balance was pretty good overall, good stuff

I skimmed the posts and SB/Iris asked me who was scum at the start of Day 2 and I called 2/3 of them before getting spoiled.  So that’s my experience with the game AMA.  Also the one I got wrong was Shinori, feels bad man.