Grand Hero Battles I'd like to see

Gregster101

Was bored, so I felt like making a list of characters I'd like to see as Grand Hero Battles, whether because I like them or a lot (like Travant and Ashnard) or I don't like them but I feel like they would make interesting Grand Hero Battles anyway (like Garon and the Awakening villains)

5aac3d364e5f9_GrandHeroBattlesIdliketoseeinFireEmblemHeroes.thumb.png.aab0334839208d231ba4c90d42e2c920.png

Archanea: Gharnef, Medeus

Valentia: Fernand, Rudolf, Jedah

Jugdral: Travant, Ishtar, Julius, Galzus, Kempf

Elibe: Galle, Linus, Nergal

Magvel: Caellach, Selena

Tellius: Naesala, Ashnard, Jarod, Dheginsea, Sephiran

Awakening: Gangrel, Walhart, Aversa

Fates: Garon

What do you guys think? Who would you want as Grand Hero Battles?

I like all of those ideas with the exceptions of Garon and Walhart, simply because I didn't like them in the story. It's a little hypocritical of me to be okay with Gharnef and Jedah, because part of what I dislike about Garon and Walhart, as well as Validar, is that they mark the trend in the series of making the villains super-obviously evil looking and acting. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

LOVE, Galzus, Fernand and Kempf in particular though. I really liked Fernand in Echoes despite him being a giant ass, and Kempf I felt was the inspiration for villains like Narcian. And Galzus is just Galzus, I'll always like him, especially the way he's used as the "hurry up" incentive in Thracia.

Only ones not mentioned that I'd really like to see are Brunja and Idoun.

2 hours ago, Cornguy said:

I like all of those ideas with the exceptions of Garon and Walhart, simply because I didn't like them in the story. It's a little hypocritical of me to be okay with Gharnef and Jedah, because part of what I dislike about Garon and Walhart, as well as Validar, is that they mark the trend in the series of making the villains super-obviously evil looking and acting. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Well no I don't like the Fates and Awakening villains either, I just thought they would make for interesting GHBs that's all

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Well no I don't like the Fates and Awakening villains either, I just thought they would make for interesting GHBs that's all

I'm sure they would, I guess I just look at GHBs more so for the characters themselves, rather than the actual battle. And just cause I don't like them doesn't mean no one else can.

That’s a pretty solid list already but lack of Petrine is condemnable.

Vaida. Technically not a villain since she allies herself with Eliwood’s army but she’s a big threat in an earlier chapter. I’d like to see what her own absurdly-busted spear would be like.

I’d want one of the morphs as GHB unit. My preference is Sonia. I just like despicable villains with no redeeming qualities and she’s as evil as they make them. Limstella would also be great. After all, Limstella is the perfect morph so they would probably make more sense. Ephidel would be interesting simply because he never appears as a unit in-game so he could be anything c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶

Kishuna is strange because he never wields a weapon. He’s just there and prevents anyone from being able to use magic. As with Ephidel, I just think he has the potential of being interesting. He could be staff user with something similar to Candlelight. Or have “magic seal” as a skill that disables magic if within two spaces of him or something like that.

GHB Iago because I like his design and that’s about it.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Grand Hero Battle against Duma would rock. Especially if they give him Megaquake as an attack similar to Takumi's AOE attack.

I support this notion.

Decided to take the OP's template and do my own version of it, without reusing any of the battles featured.

GrandHeroBattles.thumb.png.34a08e185e181e5024f22eae3890b85b.png

I know there's already an Alvis battle, but this would be in Emperor variation. Reptor could open up to the idea of allied units for story mode. Sonya could have terrain that changes with each turn. Izuka could potentially introduce summoners and Yen'fay could introduce hazardas terrain.

1 hour ago, nirvanafan said:

I would like a Fernand grand hero battle, although I would prefer a Flora grand hero battle but im not sure if that is how they would add her to the game if she gets added at all.

Honestly I'm surprised I didn't think of a Flora GHB. Or a Fuga GHB for that matter :P

11 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Aside from that, I'd like to see Ishtar and Travant (kind of hoping he's the GHB when Leif's banner drops).

There isn’t a new GHB, or even a re-run of one, on the immediate schedule. Granted, a new GHB could be what follows the Nowi and Tiki BHB on April 16th but there’s nothing indicating what’ll come after that BHB at this point.

53 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Aside from that, I'd like to see Ishtar and Travant (kind of hoping he's the GHB when Leif's banner drops).

I wouldn't see either of them being added with the FE5 banner, because they only appear in cutscenes in FE5 (even though Travant is King of Thracia). If anything, we probably won't see them until they do a banner featuring some of the Gen 2 Characters from FE4.

I would probably add Rifis to that, since I enjoyed battling him in Thracia (or his minions as he stood there and did nothing... something I'd really love to see portrayed in the GHB somehow, like you have to kill everyone except him to win. Brings a different spin on GHBs).

Also Ephidel and Limstella, since I quite like them. I'd also add Glen, since I have a bias towards him (my favourite SS character's brother, heck yes), although he could be summonable or a TT reward, since we don't actually ever fight him even though he's on the bad side. If we could get him and Selena, I'd totally S rank them together <3

I would like Fernand, but I wouldn't like his title to be Hateful Knight. I'm not sure what I would want it to be, though, as I'm no good at that. 

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would like Fernand, but I wouldn't like his title to be Hateful Knight. I'm not sure what I would want it to be, though, as I'm no good at that. 

I couldn't think of another title that would fit him, so I just sort of went with Hateful Knight.

Just now, Gregster101 said:

I couldn't think of another title that would fit him, so I just sort of went with Hateful Knight.

Ahh, fair enough. You've done way better with the titles than anything I could do :D

Maybe Scornful Knight or something. Even that doesn't feel quite right... But maybe more like that...

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd also add Glen, since I have a bias towards him (my favourite SS character's brother, heck yes), although he could be summonable or a TT reward, since we don't actually ever fight him even though he's on the bad side. If we could get him and Selena, I'd totally S rank them together <3

Just My Dream <3

And with Duessel to beat the Valter's GHB with the Imperial Three <3

Edited by RuleOfRose

10 minutes ago, RuleOfRose said:

Just My Dream <3

And with Duessel to beat the Valter's GHB with the Imperial Three <3

I'd love to smash Valter with Cormag more than anyone, but having them to really smash him to bits would be good fun :D 

Of course, 'cos I suck at this... it'd only be on hard mode xD Valter's GHB was hard v.v

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I wouldn't see either of them being added with the FE5 banner, because they only appear in cutscenes in FE5 (even though Travant is King of Thracia). If anything, we probably won't see them until they do a banner featuring some of the Gen 2 Characters from FE4.

Even then, I feel like Travant is almost more applicable to Thracia than he'd be to Genealogy. Gen 2 has a lot of more prominent villains from what I remember, granted it's been a while since I played it. I know there's Ishtar, Julius, Arvis, and Manfroy. I could even see a case for Areone and maybe Hilda, too. Travant and Blume are in a weird place where they're overshadowed by a lot of people in Genealogy get 2 and aren't actually relevant in Thracia. It's disappointing since Travant is one of the GHBs I'd love to see.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Ahh, fair enough. You've done way better with the titles than anything I could do :D

Maybe Scornful Knight or something. Even that doesn't feel quite right... But maybe more like that...

Bitter Noble? It's a little on the nose, but yeah, he doesn't readily lend himself to anything.

As for ones I'd like to see, they've pretty much all been named. Murdock is the only other one I can think of right now.

8 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Bitter Noble? It's a little on the nose, but yeah, he doesn't readily lend himself to anything.

As for ones I'd like to see, they've pretty much all been named. Murdock is the only other one I can think of right now.

Ooooh, I want Murdock, too :D I forgot about him >.< I also want Yahn, but he has been mentioned already.

I'd also like Arione from FE4, too, because more pretty male fliers is always a good thing :D Again, not sure if he'd be better as a GHB, Summon or TT, though.

Bitter Noble could work, since it ties to him better than hateful, I reckon. Better than anything I've come up with so far, at least :D 

Never mind about on the nose. I mean, we have 'Minerva's Sister' and 'Lionheart's Sister' because those women clearly have nothing else to them apart from whom they're related to (still annoyed about those titles over any others in the game). 

Edited by Cute Chao

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Ooooh, I want Murdock, too :D I forgot about him >.< I also want Yahn, but he has been mentioned already.

I'd also like Arione from FE4, too, because more pretty male fliers is always a good thing :D Again, not sure if he'd be better as a GHB, Summon or TT, though.

Has Areone not been mentioned? I could've sworn I'd seen him. I'd love him too, though I could definitely see him being a TT reward with a Travant GHB on a banner featuring Altenna, just based on story statuses. He's probably my second favorite FE4 enemy, only behind Ishtar.

Then again, when it gets down to it, I'd like everyone that's been mentioned because GHBs are one of two ways to get a guaranteed character :P

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Bitter Noble could work, since it ties to him better than hateful, I reckon. Better than anything I've come up with so far, at least :D 

Never mind about on the nose. I mean, we have 'Minerva's Sister' and 'Lionheart's Sister' because those women clearly have nothing else to them apart from whom they're related to (still annoyed about those titles over any others in the game). 

Glad you like it :)

And yeah, those are pretty terrible. Maria's I find sort of humorously appropriate since there is so little that stands out about her, but yeah, Lachesis's is an insult. Then again, so is basically her whole incarnation in Heroes.

9 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Has Areone not been mentioned? I could've sworn I'd seen him. I'd love him too, though I could definitely see him being a TT reward with a Travant GHB on a banner featuring Altenna, just based on story statuses. He's probably my second favorite FE4 enemy, only behind Ishtar.

Then again, when it gets down to it, I'd like everyone that's been mentioned because GHBs are one of two ways to get a guaranteed character :P

Glad you like it :)

And yeah, those are pretty terrible. Maria's I find sort of humorously appropriate since there is so little that stands out about her, but yeah, Lachesis's is an insult. Then again, so is basically her whole incarnation in Heroes.

I haven't seen him - at least he's not in the display lists. Someone could have mentioned him and I missed it. 

Actually, they could do a whole thing. Altena and some other FE4 Gen2s on a banner, Travant or Julius as the GHB, and then a  TT with Arione as the prize with Travant or Julius as the boss. I would say Travant throughout, but Julius feels more like a TT boss lol 

I think Arione is my favourite FE4 enemy out of them all, although I do like Ishtar and her brother, too. I don't think Ishtore gets much limelight at all, though, since Ishtar was in the story much more. I like noble enemies. I just don't like them dying :( At least Arione, if I recall, doesn't die :) 

I wouldn't like some mentioned just because I don't really like them as characters. I only reluctantly got Oliver. Sephiran, Jarod, Ashnard... all of these would be far better ghbs than him but nope, we got Oliver because memes -.- 

Maria's would have been fine if it was Devoted Sister or Caring Sister, since that's what she is. My main two annoyances are:

A) She isn't just Minerva's sister.

B) She goes through this whole thing of painstakingly nursing Michalis back to health, and then he reciprocates this by actively trying to help her. 

I think Caring/Devoted Sister would have been way better. 

And yeah, Lachesis is an insult. If anyone deserves a legendary or good seasonal overhaul, she does. I won't say alt because I hate the trend of alts in the common pool... 

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I haven't seen him - at least he's not in the display lists. Someone could have mentioned him and I missed it. 

Actually, they could do a whole thing. Altena and some other FE4 Gen2s on a banner, Travant or Julius as the GHB, and then a  TT with Arione as the prize with Travant or Julius as the boss. I would say Travant throughout, but Julius feels more like a TT boss lol 

Yeah, also not advocating alts by any means, but I could see them doing one banner with an alt for Seliph since he's in desperate need of an overhaul, Larcei, and like Phee/Ishtar since it seems like everyone else that'd be likely is a swordie and I can't see them doing 3 reds on a new banner. Then Julius as TT boss and GHB and like Manfroy or Ishtar as TT reward character. That seems like they're all grouped together. Then maybe do another one that's Altenna, Ares, and Ced since they all sort of join around Thracia, and in Ced's case are playable in FE5, then have Travant be the GHB and Arione as the TT reward.

I think Arione is my favourite FE4 enemy out of them all, although I do like Ishtar and her brother, too. I don't think Ishtore gets much limelight at all, though, since Ishtar was in the story much more. I like noble enemies. I just don't like them dying :( At least Arione, if I recall, doesn't die :) 

Ishtore was awesome and I wish he got more attention. Being in the game so little really did a disservice to him. And agreed on Arione. I just wish they'd made him actually playable instead of an allied green unit, even if it is only for like a tenths of a chapter.

I wouldn't like some mentioned just because I don't really like them as characters. I only reluctantly got Oliver. Sephiran, Jarod, Ashnard... all of these would be far better ghbs than him but nope, we got Oliver because memes -.- 

Yeah, Oliver was a disappointment. So many great Tellius villains and they went with one who's just a punchline. Certainly not the worst character ever, but so many so much better.

Maria's would have been fine if it was Devoted Sister or Caring Sister, since that's what she is. My main two annoyances are:

A) She isn't just Minerva's sister.

B) She goes through this whole thing of painstakingly nursing Michalis back to health, and then he reciprocates this by actively trying to help her. 

I think Caring/Devoted Sister would have been way better. 

I can't believe I forgot about the Michalis thing :facepalm: Yeah, one of those would've definitely done her way more justice. Wonder if maybe they were afraid it'd make her too similar to Caeda? That's the only ting I can think of.

Edited by bottlegnomes