Season 2 DLC Wishlist (If It Happens)

Deva Ashera

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Elibe: Hector (his own unique moveset, complete with Hectorcopter), Eliwood (Xander clone, or his own Unique moveset), and Roy (Marth clone, but with more fire)

For Magvel: Eirika (Marth clone), Ephraim (unique moveset), and Joshua (Lyn clone). L'Arachel would also be a solid choice, or Myrhh.

For Tellius: Ike (unique moveset), Soren (unique moveset, or a Linde clone?), Titania (Frederick clone). I feel like the Greil mercs would sell well as a DLC pack.

For Valentia: Alm (unique moveset), Berkut (unique lance cav moveset), Mae (Linde clone) or Boey (Robin clone).

If Berkut can't get in a DLC pack for Valentia, I'd love to see him in a Villains pack, with Camus/Michalis and Zephiel.

• 4 weeks later...

This is less of a "Season 2" list and more of a "FE Warriors Deluxe" roster. I don't want to make another thread similar to this so here it is.

Goals:

• More characters.
  • Removing "filler characters"
  • Optimizing the representation ratios.

Fates:

First of all, remove the following: Niles and Oboro.

They're clones and hardly necessary either way.

Replace them with:

Selena, Laslow, and Odin*

All of them would be unique characters rather than clones. Selena would be a bow knight wielding a bow while using a sword in her specials. Laslow would be an infantry axe user, while Odin is an infantry mage user who has erratic attacks.

As a bonus, give them alternates that represent their awakening appearance.

With these additions, Fates would have: Corrin, Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, Sakura, Leo, Camilla, Elise, Selena, Laslow, and Odin bringing the total to 13 Fates characters.

Awakening:

Cut Tharja and Owain. Despite being extremely popular, Tharja doesn't warrant a new slot. Owain is already represented as Odin.

Replace them with:

Nowi, Adult Tiki* and Sumia.

Nowi would be a clone of Young Tiki. However, Young Tiki will be cut and Adult Tiki would have a unique moveset plus a young Tiki costume. Finally, Sumia would be a flier with a tome. 

With these additions, Awakening would have: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Cordelia, Lissa, Frederick, Olivia, Nowi, A!Tiki, and Sumia bringing the total to 10 Awakening characters.

Shadow Dragon:

This will be simple. Tiki is now an Awakening representative making her the only SD "cut".

As such, we will add:

Jagen and Gordin

Jagen is a cavalry lance user while Gordin is an infantry bow user with a unique moveset.

SD would have: Marth, Caeda, Jagen, and Gordin bringing their total to 4.

Gaiden/Echoes:

We have Celica, so we'll add some others to keep her company.

Alm, Lukas, Mae, and Berkut.

Alm would be a unique infantry sword user, Lukas would be a unique infantry lance user, Mae is a unique tome user, while Berkut may share a moveset with Jagen.

Their total is now 5.

Others:

Along with Lyn, we'll add Hector, Roy, Eliwood, Lilina, and Nino to represent the GBA games.

The final additions would be Ike, Micaiah, Black Knight, Finn, Ayra, Lene, Ishatar, Eirika, and Eiphraim.

In total, FE Warriors Deluxe/2 would have 47 characters (+ any # of original characters). 

I guess representing most of the series is harder than I thought.

Edited by BoringBoi
Misinformation

11 minutes ago, BoringBoi said:

This is less of a "Season 2" list and more of a "FE Warriors Deluxe" roster. I don't want to make another thread similar to this so here it is.

Goals:

• More characters.
  • Removing "filler characters"
  • Optimizing the representation ratios.

Fates:

First of all, remove the following: Niles and Oboro.

They're clones and hardly necessary either way.

Replace them with:

Selena, Laslow, and Odin*

All of them would be unique characters rather than clones. Selena would be a bow knight wielding a bow while using a sword in her specials. Laslow would be an infantry axe user, while Odin is an infantry mage user who has erratic attacks.

As a bonus, give them alternates that represent their awakening appearance.

With these additions, Fates would have: Corrin, Azura, Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Hinoka, Sakura, Leo, Camilla, Elise, Selena, Laslow, and Odin bringing the total to 13 Fates characters.

Awakening:

Cut Tharja and Owain. Despite being extremely popular, Tharja doesn't warrant a new slot. Owain is already represented as Odin.

Replace them with:

Nowi, Adult Tiki* and Sumia.

Nowi would be a clone of Young Tiki. However, Young Tiki will be cut and Adult Tiki would have a unique moveset plus a young Tiki costume. Finally, Sumia would be a flier with a tome. 

With these additions, Awakening would have: Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Cordelia, Lissa, Frederick, Olivia, Nowi, A!Tiki, and Sumia bringing the total to 10 Awakening characters.

Shadow Dragon:

This will be simple. Tiki is now an Awakening representative making her the only SD "cut".

As such, we will add:

Jagen and Gordin

Jagen is a cavalry lance user while Gordin is an infantry bow user with a unique moveset.

SD would have: Marth, Caeda, Jagen, and Gordin bringing their total to 4.

Gaiden/Echoes:

We have Celica, so we'll add some others to keep her company.

Alm, Lukas, Mae, and Berkut.

Alm would be a unique infantry sword user, Lukas would be a unique infantry lance user, Mae is a unique tome user, while Berkut may share a moveset with Jagen.

Their total is now 5.

Others:

Along with Lyn, we'll add Hector, Roy, Eliwood, Lilina, and Nino to represent the GBA games.

The final additions would be Ike, Micaiah, Black Knight, Finn, Ayra, Lene, Ishatar, Eirika, and Eiphraim.

In total, FE Warriors Deluxe/2 would have 47 characters (+ any # of original characters). 

I guess representing most of the series is harder than I thought.

I really like those roster choices, however from what I understand is Koei Tecmo never removes characters. So that means Niles, Oboro, and Tharja are probably here to stay unfortunately. Owain is a bit of a special case so I guess they can change his moveset in a deluxe version? 

Also Awakening trio for the win. I wonder if Severa/Selena gets in as a bow knight her promotion would be called “stellar knight” or something.

2 hours ago, Eqstrian819 said:

I really like those roster choices, however from what I understand is Koei Tecmo never removes characters. So that means Niles, Oboro, and Tharja are probably here to stay unfortunately. Owain is a bit of a special case so I guess they can change his moveset in a deluxe version? 

Also Awakening trio for the win. I wonder if Severa/Selena gets in as a bow knight her promotion would be called “stellar knight” or something.

Honestly, clones could just be alternate costumes with different voices and it'd be fine.

I still think that without having an unreasonably large roster, you can't accurately represent the FE series. 

@BoringBoi They're not getting rid of characters, and they're not making a Deluxe Edition.  If they do anything, it's gonna be a sequel.  A Deluxe would be far too late down the line since the Switch is pretty fresh, and KT seems to only cycle out characters in Warriors games once the roster reaches something like 50 or so.

And Oboro's not a clone; she and Azura have very different movesets, and can't even be considered "semi-clones" of one another.  It'd be like saying Navarre's a clone of Ryoma.

You'd have to define what exactly is "filler" cause going by your choice of cuts, Cordelia fits that bill as well, and in a different vein, both Lyn & Celica are too for being literal bonus characters in the base game. If it's representation ratios you're worried about, it sure seems lopsided to include Gaiden/Echoes, Elibe and that "Other" category, yet leave Shadow Dragon at 4, when SD being so low compared to Fates & Awakening (which you added one extra to both) is the prime example that creates the problem.

I think that what most people don't consider is that (in my opinion), Fates was basically 2 games (excluding Revelations). Other than reusing assets, they were completely different beyond Chapter 6. I don't know how much that justifies it, but it's something to take into consideration.

In all fairness, when it came to the earlier FE games, there weren't all that many memorable characters due to the lack of developed story/design. Compare that to Echoes which got a complete revamp on vastly superior hardware, it makes sense why some stand out more than others. I did forget to mention Minerva and Navarre, so that's something.

Point being, creating a realistic roster that still manages to represent the entire franchise is unreasonable at best. There is simply too much to consider, whereas LOZ doesn't have a cast nearly as big.

16 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

@BoringBoi They're not getting rid of characters, and they're not making a Deluxe Edition.  If they do anything, it's gonna be a sequel.  A Deluxe would be far too late down the line since the Switch is pretty fresh, and KT seems to only cycle out characters in Warriors games once the roster reaches something like 50 or so.

And Oboro's not a clone; she and Azura have very different movesets, and can't even be considered "semi-clones" of one another.  It'd be like saying Navarre's a clone of Ryoma.

This is just an observation, but depending on how strictly you define clone and unique, the only actual non-clone characters could go as low as 5.5, with Corrin, Lissa, semi for Tiki, Azura, Linde and Olivia for having unique classes (in relation to generic classes)

4 hours ago, BoringBoi said:

I think that what most people don't consider is that (in my opinion), Fates was basically 2 games (excluding Revelations). Other than reusing assets, they were completely different beyond Chapter 6. I don't know how much that justifies it, but it's something to take into consideration.

In all fairness, when it came to the earlier FE games, there weren't all that many memorable characters due to the lack of developed story/design. Compare that to Echoes which got a complete revamp on vastly superior hardware, it makes sense why some stand out more than others. I did forget to mention Minerva and Navarre, so that's something.

Point being, creating a realistic roster that still manages to represent the entire franchise is unreasonable at best. There is simply too much to consider, whereas LOZ doesn't have a cast nearly as big.

I don't think anyone [currently] is denying that; I'd agree and that probably would explain why there's a perfect parity between them, with Corrin [and Azura] being the bridge.

See now, a common thing that I disagree with is how most people seem to compare every individual's merits (or lack of) to the entire series with the subjective "memorable". What may be memorable to one person won't be to another, and even then, one's idea of memorable varies.  With such a method, the under-developed would remain underdeveloped  and characters like, say, Linde would never get a chance to tap into the potential that their home games failed to do [enough of, if at all]. '(an aside: I notice that I refer to her a lot lately in this regard for Warriors doing her justice, but if I were to pick someone else, I'd have went with Cain [cause how you gonna call it the "Altean army, yet the only actual Altean is the prince?])

For that reason is why the devs chose 3 settings to set the the core of the game. If only they saw it through. [Ideally] Better to realize an established selection pool than to haphazardly cram several worlds at once (cause no matter what they do, it'll never be enough), all the while, the modern games remain intact.

All that being said, if any current SD character can be considered "filler" at all,  I'd [reluctantly] admit it to be Navarre (tho given that History Mode exists because of him, it's debatable) 

Edited by Motendra

9 hours ago, Motendra said:

This is just an observation, but depending on how strictly you define clone and unique, the only actual non-clone characters could go as low as 5.5, with Corrin, Lissa, semi for Tiki, Azura, Linde and Olivia for having unique classes (in relation to generic classes)

Sure, but my definition of clone is in the strictest playable sense; that their moveset is the exact same as another playable character's moveset.  And "semi-clone" would be if they used just some of the same moves as another playable character.  NPCs/generics don't really count in all this for me.  Plus, I think if you're too broad with that definition, then you're just being way too cynical.

14 hours ago, BoringBoi said:

Well technically Zelda does have quite a sizable roster of characters, it's just that most of them don't really take part in the action.  So when they started adding characters like Medli, it felt less like they were trying to represent the entirety of the franchise and more like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Though the fact that they didn't have Tingle in the initial roster is a crime.

And that's why these things are to get fixed in a sequel with new additions to the roster.  We got three games (or four, whatever) worth of representation out of a 20-some roster.  I think if we use that as a benchmark, then a sequel is bound to have some good representation.  Unfortunately for me as a fan of Genealogy, I don't think it'll get much representation until the third or fourth game, which is a shame because I would love to destroy Travant with Finn and a spammable combo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 12:36 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Unfortunately for me as a fan of Genealogy, I don't think it'll get much representation until the third or fourth game, which is a shame because I would love to destroy Travant with Finn and a spammable combo.

I mean if every new warriors game uses three games to determine roster, the next most reasonable could be elibe (cuz Roy), tellius(cuz Ike) and genealogy(cuz Japan), it saddens me that magvel will probably be the last to be in a warriors game. I think Valentia is too old for it to matter, and 3H is two new for them to do anything with(though this depends on timing, I'd argue that it would be best to use one or two characters for ad space now like with celica).

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I mean if every new warriors game uses three games to determine roster, the next most reasonable could be elibe (cuz Roy), tellius(cuz Ike) and genealogy(cuz Japan), it saddens me that magvel will probably be the last to be in a warriors game. I think Valentia is too old for it to matter, and 3H is two new for them to do anything with(though this depends on timing, I'd argue that it would be best to use one or two characters for ad space now like with celica).

I think we can at the very least expect Edelgard for 3H. However, I expect that if we get a FE Warriors 2 at all, it will arrive significantly later than 3H. I fully expect 3H to be the main focus game. 

I'm predicting 3H as main focus (comparable to Fates in FEW1), as they would be stupid not to. I predict Elibe as secondary focus (comparable to Awakening in FEW1) due to its particularly large roster that is trickier to properly represent. I expect Tellius to be a minor focus (comparable to Shadow Dragon in FEW1) as you only really need Ike, Soren, Titania, Tibarn, Micaiah, Elincia, Black Knight, and Ranulf to properly represent Tellius. 

I don't expect Valentia to get representation beyond Celica and MAYBE Alm. Jugdral absolutely won't get anyone unless we see a surprise remake before FEW2, and I don't expect Magvel to get one either (though I would really love to see the Renais twins, Cormag, and Innes in Warriors).