Help with Nuibaba's Abode

The problem I'm having with this map is approaching. I tried to get Nuibaba to cast herself down to 1 HP with her Medusa spell, but ran into difficulties with a Bow Knight who could kill whoever took Medusa, and the fact that the Arcanists that surround her can heal. I've tried circling around the mansion to enter from the back, but I don't have an effective way to deal with the Arcanists as no one can tank Mire nor Death that well, even with the Hexlock shield. Also hurting this is that Nuibaba also covers that entrance with her insane 1-7 range. How should I go about this map?

I remember taking her down with a baron equipped with a hex shield I had Silque warp right next to Nuibaba. They took little damage from every thing that came their way and Nuibaba basically killed herself with the heavy cost of her magic and the huge amount of damage a baron could do in a single hit.

Although if that doesn't work I would just slowly send your unit along the edge of the map out of attack range and try to take it that way.

Edited by Modamy
Forgot to add something

55 minutes ago, Tsak said:

dread fighters half the damage of spells. including medusa. You can also do warp/rescue strategies as well.

Thanks! Had no idea the ability also halved Medusa. Tonight, Gray dines on Exp!

When I soloed this map with Alm I would lure out the differant archanists and bowknights while making my way around to the back taking them out with Alm's bow. So you should be able to lure them out and take them down one by one. Using Dread Fighters is also a great strategy as Tsak pointed out.

Always have Nuibaba's attack range active, as she doesn't move (thankfully) but it's very important too know where she can attack.

The only way to approach her mansion safely without traveling up the mountain is to go around the sides. Bring any dread fighters you have for this task, as well as Mathilda, Clair (they'll have enough resistance to at least survive the magic attacks) and any other high resistance units. When they get near the entrance, bait out any enemy unit you can so you can deal with each them on their own without being attacked the next turn by their allies. Make sure you're careful with who baits out magic users, as they pack a punch no matter who they're up against.

The rest of your units should stay in the front of the mansion, out of Nuibaba's range. Their purpose is to bait any of the summoned units or other attackers that could chip down the party going around the mountain. You can also deal with a bow knight with one of your snipers/bow knights, as he can be tempted to attack you out of Nuibaba's range (at least on hard mode, I can't remember if one appears on normal).

As for Nuibaba herself, for better or worse, she has to be killed in one hit, and that is reliant on skills and/or critical hits. The saving grace is that she's pretty weak, so any critical will send her to the grave. Remember that there are other enemies present in the mansion, so be VERY careful if Nuibaba isn't killed the in the first attack and/or if she hits your unit at all, as the other enemy units will be all to happy to finish the job.

Warp and especially rescue are extremely useful here, as it's possible to warp someone next to Nuibaba, attack her, and then rescue said unit. This strategy has a lot of risks to it, though.

You can also spam dread fighters with Silque, although that requires grinding/overuse.

I don't have much to say that wasn't already said, but Dread Fighters can vaporize the Arcanists and aren't dropped to 1 by Medusa. It's also good for strategy to have Nuibaba's range active.

This is irrelevant to the topic, but you'll see another Medusa user later. Unfortunately, this one will NOT lose HP when he attacks. Worse yet, some other units, including the boss, are nearby. It might be better not to deal with him, especially on hard mode.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia