Ricken

Battywat

Which difficulty are you playing on? Lunatic might be difficult but easier ones can be done if you rush north with your strongest units.

Remember Miriel gives Magic on pairup, so if you're just a couple of range short on Rescue that's another option.

I don't know. I never considered using options other than Rescue staff. As that method is the fastest and I get another healer down to where I need her. There are only maybe a couple other maps including the paralouges where a Rescue staff comes in handy so you might as well use it. It MIGHT be doable without the Rescue staff but that's also going to take more turns, with a Rescue Staff you can acomplish it on the very 1st player turn.

If on normal mode, just move him down as far as you can on turn 1, and wipe the Barbarian and Dark Mage on the same turn. That should let you rendezvous with him easily

If you're on hard mode:

Try to kill the Myrmidon on turn 1, it opens up a tile or two of safe space that Ricken and Maribelle can sit it. If you can get the Barb to low HP as well, you can kill him with Ricken as the Dark Mage won't target him on EP turn 1.

On turn 2 there'll be a Myrm, some axe guy, and a Mage coming in from the left, and a Wyvern Rider coming in from the top that sits 2 tiles into a cliff (you can't melee this one). The Dark Mage from the previous turn will probably still be alive, and there's a second Wyvern in the top left that comes for you, too, but the skirmish area is on the border of his range. Here I usually drop all semblance of formation and send Avatar/Miriel deep to kill the Wyvern Rider, if they can double him, and try to wipe as many of the trio from the left as possible, plus the Dark Mage. Prioritise the Myrm so that he doesn't double any of your vulnerable units (Ricken).

After turn 2 the level eases up a lot. If you decide to turtle, this centre fort is a good place to do it, no reinforcements spawn from there, nor can anything reach you from their spawn points.

If you're on Lunatic or L+ I can't help you, sorry.

If Sumia is alive:

1. Have Ricken pair up with Maribelle
  2. Have Maribelle go in the edge of the cliff, right below where Ricken & Maribelle arrive
  3. Have Sumia go right next to Maribelle, and transfer Ricken onto Sumia.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry if it's too late.