Bound Hero Battle: The Shepherds (Chrom & Lissa)

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Ice Dragon @Zeo True, Lyn would have a hard time to proc GF on the first turn and to one-round infernal units (which is needed for one-turn clears), but I would gladly throw her at every Tempest Trials with refined Sol Kati (Desperation + Brash Assault), GF, Escape Route and QP seal. Beaming + GF shenanigans are the best! 

@Zeo Cordelia isn't TA2 or GF, she is TA3 and GF (and Brave+) in one go. ;-)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Somehow I don't think that would be as effective as you make it sound. Then again my Lyn is +ATK/-SPD so chances are she would miss a lot of kills on ranged units due to lack of doubles.

Also yeah, if you're going to inherit a unit with valuable skills, you may as well get the most out of the inheritance.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Somehow I don't think that would be as effective as you make it sound. Then again my Lyn is +ATK/-SPD so chances are she would miss a lot of kills on ranged units due to lack of doubles.

Also yeah, if you're going to inherit a unit with valuable skills, you may as well get the most out of the inheritance.

Effective no, fun yes. She is currently the only unit besides Anna that can run ER and Desperation (+Brash Assault) together. -SPD is unfortunate, but +ATK means you can reach 53 ATK before buffs on initiation with Death Blow 3. If she runs Brash Assault seal, you could choose +2 Mt refinement instead of the special refinement, with an ATK tactics buff she could reach 61 ATK on initiation then. That combination will kill a lot of melee units and some slower ranged units. 

Too bad she already has been TTs bonus unit in the past (To die on the battlefield), TT boosts are perfect for such units. Anna is still fun even without Galeforce in TTs, I can tell. 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Effective no, fun yes. She is currently the only unit besides Anna that can run ER and Desperation (+Brash Assault) together. -SPD is unfortunate, but +ATK means you can reach 53 ATK before buffs on initiation with Death Blow 3. If she runs Brash Assault seal, you could choose +2 Mt refinement instead of the special refinement, with an ATK tactics buff she could reach 61 ATK on initiation then. That combination will kill a lot of melee units and some slower ranged units. 

Too bad she already has been TTs bonus unit in the past (To die on the battlefield), TT boosts are perfect for such units. Anna is still fun even without Galeforce in TTs, I can tell. 

Yeah I missed the boat there. She would have been truly legendary. As for a build. She's just running a standard Life and Death/ER set with Speed +3 to patch up her still middling speed. She reaches 42 unbuffed so that's something.

@Fei Mao Much thanks! With the Seasonal banner being what it is and the Legendary banner potentially having that illustrious Dragon everyone is talking about, I'll have plenty of opportunities to pull colorless for more Matthews.

@Zeo Yay! I’m tagged :D: Belated reply but such an enjoyable video as always. I was surprised by how you decided to send Matt to handle the brunt of it, not that I doubted his survivability, it just seemed like a very brash decision. And you managed to do it blind on top of it all. That’s very impressive. Good luck on trying to +10 Matthew.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also nice clear @mampfoid! Is Wings of Mercy a staple in your GF builds or is that just for this BHB?

Thanks a lot!

I plan to give WoM to all my GF units and refreshers eventually, but Cain is rare. Cordelia got WoM1 together with Goad Fliers from a Palla months ago. Roy doesn't have WoM yet, but I sacrificed one of my two spare Cains to Cherche. Its an useful skill on her also in arena, since Cordelia and Roy get very easy below 50% HP. 

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@Zeo Yay! I’m tagged :D: Belated reply but such an enjoyable video as always. I was surprised by how you decided to send Matt to handle the brunt of it, not that I doubted his survivability, it just seemed like a very brash decision. And you managed to do it blind on top of it all. That’s very impressive. Good luck on trying to +10 Matthew.

Yeah, every now and again I overextend Matt but generally my first strategy is to throw Matt at pretty much everything on the map and see if that works. It usually does if they're clustered. But just to give you an idea of how dumb he is just at +6 (+SPD/-HP but he used to be neutral.)

• 32 DEF + 2 (Summoner/S) + 2 (Ally/S) + 6 (Rogue Dagger+) + 7 (Seal ATK/Smoke) + 3 (Drive DEF) = 52
  • 20 RES + 2 (Summoner/S) + 2 (Ally/S) + 6 (Rogue Dagger+) + 7 (Seal ATK/Smoke) = 37

He effectively has 52/37 defenses with nearly 50 HP. It's extremely hard to kill him in a single turn without a faster mage (not happening cause lol 44 SPD) or a Raven tome.

In a perfect world I'd have Seal ATK/SPD 2 in his B slot and ATK Smoke in his 3 slot so I could run the Distant DEF seal and mitigate pretty much his only real weakness which is mages.

But yeah, stacking defenses on him is probably one of the funnest things I've ever done in this game. He's good for defense wins too. And I thought using Bridelia was fun. lol 

• 5 months later...

So this is being rerun.

Didn't have too hard of a time with Askrtrio and Fjorm.... once I figured out retreating after 1-shotting the flier was the way to go because Alfonse and Sharena then 1-shot the axe cav and Chrom respectively on EP. Everything else was clean up. The Anna refine was great to allow for the set up on the first turn and retreat. Nice to see Alfonse and Sharena's refines still being useful too.

Flier clear is easy without archers. Newzura and Witch!Nowi cleared with Elincia and Est in 2 turns. Swept through on the second turn with everyone 1-rounding..

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Even with Swordbreaker, 5-star Sharena can't one-round Chrom, for shame. Ended up having to do it in a separate run afterwards instead of doing it all at the same time.

I chipped Chrom down with a unit that had Guard, then had Sharena do the honors.  She'll take some damage, but as long as you can get her out of the way of the axe guy, it's all good.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I chipped Chrom down with a unit that had Guard, then had Sharena do the honors.  She'll take some damage, but as long as you can get her out of the way of the axe guy, it's all good.

Yeah, I was a bit cocky and just assumed Sharena baiting him would take care of him. Instead he was left alive with both Vantage and Brazen buffs up and it meant Sharena could no longer finish him off, oops. Next attempt I just played it safe and made sure Sharena had full buffs and initiated.

What if the Shepards stumbled into the endgame only a few minutes into Awakening's story?

This literally only took me one try. Bridal Ninian completely shits on this map, breaking the Gravity gimmick with her dancing and blowing Chrom to kingdom come with her blue tome before he can do anything - even without Veronica to buff her bladetome, she has Blarraven and Triangle Adept in reserve. In fact Veronica wasn't even necessary, she was just there to add insult to injury. Grima just feasted for the whole map (she even could've killed Infernal Chrom!).

As an aside, I realized that F!Grima can learn Swordbreaker. Turns out with Def and Res Tactic/Fortify Dragons, the merges and S-Support, she can rip apart any Falchion in the game that isn't Legendary Marth on initiation, and she can still soften him up if he's not fast enough to double her naturally. I'm keeping this in mind for a future dragon team in case Ninian (non-bridal) isn't in position.

Edited by Some Jerk

Got clear on the Sharena and Fjorm quests in 1 go using the Lunatic map:
5* Sharena (Spd/Def Bond Fensalir, Growing Wind, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Drive Spd 2, Spd Smoke 3)
Fjorm (Rally Spd/Res, Drive Spd, Quick Riposte)
+1 +Atk/-Spd Yukata Micaiah
+HP/-Spd Genny (Atk +3, Atk +1)

Flier clear is very easy: Summer Corrin, Cherche, Elincia, NY Azura

Edited by Roflolxp54

Huh? I didn't do this BHB before? Oh well, better late than never. 

The quests were extremely easy, my fliers tore through the map with no effort and the Sharena+Fjorm quest was also very easy so I did it in one go. I also got to try out my newly revamped Julia and she's awesome! 

- - - - 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

This one is pretty basic. The highlight would be Eirika tanking a Brazen Boosted Aether from Chrom imo.

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Huh? I didn't do this BHB before? Oh well, better late than never. 

The quests were extremely easy, my fliers tore through the map with no effort and the Sharena+Fjorm quest was also very easy so I did it in one go. I also got to try out my newly revamped Julia and she's awesome! 

- - - - 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

This one is pretty basic. The highlight would be Eirika tanking a Brazen Boosted Aether from Chrom imo.

Love it!

This BHB was a nice break from the TT and all the recent Abyssal stuff :P

Dazzle Gravity staffs made it trickier actually. For the Infernal I actually had to come up with my own team, because the YT strategies didn't seem reliable enough. L!Ryoma with support was great.

Just like the chapter this map is based on, Awakening's Chapter 24, the plan is to kill the fliers first, then advance and kill everything that gets stuck on the terrain. I don't care what anyone says, Lyon is still my favorite GHB unit.