Bound Hero Battle: The Shepherds (Chrom & Lissa)

SatsumaFSoysoy

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm not one that likes spending so much time trying to clear one challenge in a game, truth be told. And sometimes I feel I should criticize/complain. But if I do it too much, sorry about that. I don't mean to annoy anyone.

You're good, spending a bunch of time trying to beat one BHB sounds kind of lame to a lot of us, hence why I never even tried past Hard on most of the BHBs - I wasn't interested in trying to deal with it. Just remember we're all cool to offer help if you run into trouble anywhere in Heroes.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

You're good, spending a bunch of time trying to beat one BHB sounds kind of lame to a lot of us, hence why I never even tried past Hard on most of the BHBs - I wasn't interested in trying to deal with it. Just remember we're all cool to offer help if you run into trouble anywhere in Heroes.

Right, yeah. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And somehow I cleared infernal too.

I really think you do underestimate yourself LOL Congratulations! How many infernals have you cleared by yourself now?

This one was seriously a snooze tbh

Beat infernal first try :ph34r: 

Just now, Arcanite said:

I really think you do underestimate yourself LOL Congratulations! How many infernals have you cleared by yourself now?

I think only two. But I'm not entirely sure.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I wish IS wouldn't lock so many free orbs behind crap like this though.

So by curiousity, do you think there shouldn't be more difficult challenges for the players that seek them?

And if not, you believe there shouldn't be good prizes associated with beating them?

I'll personally only complain about the difficulty once it becomes clear that f2p players cannot complete them anymore. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I think only two. But I'm not entirely sure.

Hmm that's what I thought. Even so, you shouldn't give up so easily... we've both been playing the game for over a year now :P 

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'll personally only complain about the difficulty once it becomes clear that f2p players cannot complete them anymore. 

As a free to player with a +10 Nino, I'll just say that this situation would be impossible for this game

You know about mkv right?

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

So by curiousity, do you think there shouldn't be more difficult challenges for the players that seek them?

And if not, you believe there shouldn't be good prizes associated with beating them?

There should be good prizes, but why are the toughest ones always orbs? It feels like this is the case.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hmm that's what I thought. Even so, you shouldn't give up so easily... we've both been playing the game for over a year now :P 

As a free to player with a +10 Nino, I'll just say that this situation would be impossible for this game

You know about mkv right?

I felt the Takumi GHB was getting dangerously close to being much too difficult for f2p players. That map was just insane. I can't imagine doing it again with further unit restrictions when they are going to repeat it.

I suppose I could have a +10 merged unit if I had invested an extraordinary amount of my limited resources since the start of game but I always prefer using feathers to build up the catalogue or get good skill fodder. 

Still, the only GHB I didn't beat the first time it showed up was Legion's and I took care of it the second time it came around.

(yes, I do abuse f2p guides when in a bind)

Edited by Vince777

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I suppose I could have a +10 merged unit if I had invested an extraordinary amount of my limited resources since the start of game but I always prefer using feathers to build up the catalogue or get good skill fodder. 

Been playing since start of the game, yet I started merging my Nino in September and finished in January lol It's not as hard as it seems (all 11 of them were promoted, I've never pulled a 5 star Nino)

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I felt the Takumi GHB was getting dangerously close to being much too difficult for f2p players. That map was just insane. I can't imagine doing it again with further unit restrictions when they are going to repeat it.

Ehhh I beat it easily, it took 3 tries

I beat it for my friends who had trouble too... I think it's really about thinking a little more outside the box rather than it being too difficult

5 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Still, the only GHB I didn't beat the first time it showed up was Legion's and I took care of it the second time it came around.

(yes, I do abuse f2p guides when in a bind)

That is another that many people struggled with

But mkv (who I mentioned before) when they still played, was able to beat it with 4 star f2p units with no SI and only some equipped seals

It's really hard to say that anything or some things in this game is impossible for f2p

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But mkv (who I mentioned before) when they still played, was able to beat it with 4 star f2p units with no SI and only some equipped seals

I do remember that.

Ridiculous shenanigans with Obstruct Stalh. :)

(there were seals back then?)

Edited by Vince777

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Ridiculous shenanigans with Obstruct Stalh. :)

I couldn't stop thinking about mkv when we saw obstruct seal in TT

Imagine the power :blink:

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

(there were seals back then?)

Remember when SI wasn't a thing?

Me neither

Well, that was easy. Nino did everything except the Axe Cavalier, who for some reason decided to run up the right-hand side of the map... where Arvis was waiting.

Also? Dazzling Gravity+ kinda sucks when you do literally 0 damage + Savage Blow and are bodyblocking all your strong friends.

Someone always posts F2P (ie all the units were available to everyone) units with no SI and 4* or lower rarity clears. Provided you didn't send your free units home, you should be able to complete all the challenges.

Use a guide if you just want the orbs.

@Zeo Hello there, long time no see. I'm a bit down because this map is not challenging at all. I don't need a challenging one like Takumi's map but this one is too easy. Maybe it's easiest BHB we had so far, I can say. If I can change one thing in this map, Lissa should have both Dazzling and Wrathful would be more challenging.

Tried Brotel's strat, it failed me.

Decided to roll with 5* D!Ike (Neutral, Default), 5* Nohrzura (+Atk/-Res, Uror, Dance, Luna, TA3, WoM3, Drive Res 2, Spur Def 1 Seal, Spd Blassing), 5* Nephenee (+Spd/-Def, +Def Slaying Lance, Pivot, Moonbow, Atk/Spd +2, Wrath 3, Hone Atk 3, Atk Blessing) and the star of the show 5* +1 Rebecca (+Atk/-Def, +Spd Silver Bow, Ardent Sacrifice, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, Vantage 2, Hone Atk 3, Atk Blessing).

So Rebecca tanks the cleric with Nohrzura beside her while the other two move to the side to avoid the savage blow hit. On player phase, Rebecca first 1-round the cleric, then gets danced and 1-rounds the flier. Everyone else is ready outside of range and the enemy moves in, attacking Rebecca and D!Ike (mostly D!Ike). So the cav and mage are sitting next to each other by the tree at the gap, so I have Rebecca finish both of them off, leaving Chrom to attack D!Ike and Lissa goes for Nohrzura. The next turn, Nephenee and Rebecca attack Lissa and Chrom respectively, leaving me having to think my move as Chrom's Aether 1-shots Ike. I have to dance Rebecca to finish Chrom and Ike takes out Lissa, ending the map on 5 Rebecca kills.

Can't wait to see a slaying bow+ for her. Don't mess with Rebecca.

Yeah I am with the folks who say this one was pretty easy. Though having been on the 'not the right units built' side of things I can see how Infernal could be frustrating. I did it with my Legendary Fire team. Partly because that is clost to what my Arena team is this week so I didn't have to play with seals or skills. And Partly because I wanted to play with the new Def Tactic seal and of my built teams, Ephraim's Legendary Allies is the only team that is a true mix emblem team. I have a few 3+1 teams, but yeah, Ephraim's is the only one where everyone can benefit from it. Plus it has Siegbert in it so I also have ATK tactic.

I am considering killing my spare L'Arachel for Res Tactic to give to Myrrh. Her hone Dragons does nothing on this team. The problem is she is my designated range counter so she is the one who most wants that +6 RES. Her and Eirika. Which would mean giving it to Ephraim over Hone Cavalry(which Siegbert very much appreciates). Meh I don't really want to spend the feathers anyways. Plus that would really mess with me whenever I switch back to horse/dragon team.

Inspired by the video above, I did a one-turn clear with my arena team and made my first video! 

@Zeo @Vaximillian @mcsilas @Poimagic @SatsumaFSoysoy 

I didn't add any fancy music or edits, but I hope you will enjoy it anyway. 

It was a bit tricky to ponder out how to get Galeforce procced and kill Lissa with Cordelia. With too much ATK she would kill Chrom too fast (without procing GF), with too few ATK she wouldn't kill Lissa. Cherche suffers a bit from having Heavy Blade on A-slot, therefore I though she would need the Savage Blow (dealt by Cordelia) before to kill the Cav, but I didn't foresee the quad because of Hone Fliers and S-Support (Cordelia). There was not much additional SI needed, I only gave WoM to Cherche and I upgraded the Savage Blow seal. 

Sorry for double-posting, but I couldn't edit my previous post anymore. 

Edited by mampfoid

Honestly, this has got to be the  easiest BHB yet. I cleared Infernal with my usual favorite team (Micaiah, Nino, Sanaki and BLyn). 

Just try any team that works  for you. It’s a very lax map. 

No video, but I can tell you that my FeMorgan continues to pull her weight in my army despite her -Atk bane, as expected of the Avatars daughter.

I only needed one turn to set up Flier Emblem buffs on her and ToD!Nowi, and from there I was allowed to pick off the Lance Flier, retreat and let the enemy advance on me, pick off a few more, let Lissa think she could be an attacker, and then crush the little welps dreams of being like big sis Em along with her spine defeat her on the next turn.

Edited by Xenomata

@mampfoid 1 turn clears are always awesome. Well done. Jealous of those Galeforce antics. The only Galeforce units I have are BH!Roy and Lyn (who doesn't use it for obvious reasons.)

Auto-Battle would have been too easy btw. No, actually when I read your post I hadn't even trained M!Morgan yet. He would probably trivialize the map just as hard as Ayra did though. He'd nuke the green mage and potentially Chrom as well, that or soften him up for Matthew to finish.

I do kinda want to make a secondary team now though. Shigure would definitely add some versatility. If it's him instead of Inigo on the next legendary banner, maybe I'll pull for him if I have the orbs.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Hey, thank you! 

Why doesn't your Lyn use GF? (not obvious enough for me (-: ) I never got her myself. 

It's really a pity GF is such a rare skill, apart from Cherche I only gave it to Elincia (+SPD). But also Minerva, Titania, Tana, Oscar (all +SPD), Caeda and Siegbert (both +ATK) could make good use of it. If I add the missing merges for Cordelia (4) then I'd need 10 copies of her. *Sigh* 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why doesn't your Lyn use GF? (not obvious enough for me (-: ) I never got her myself.

Typically because she needs an offensive Special skill to make up for her low Atk stat.

@mampfoid Lyn lacks the ATK or SPD to make use of Flashing or Heavy Blade so she can't take advantage of cooldown reductions. If she tries to run a Brave Sword it gets even worse. Honestly even Chrom would make a better GF user because he could run Heavy Blade + QP. 

Really the only way to run Lyn is with her refined Sol Katti. Then she pretty much needs Wrath and Fury/LnD/Brazen ATK/SPD in order to keep up with the sword units of today.

And yeah, Galeforce and Aether have both been incredibly rare for me as both Chrom and Cordelia is rare. But where as every bad Cordelia I get is either TA2 or Galeforce, every Chrom is a merge so I won't have Aether fodder for a long time which admittedly sucks as I'm slowly climbing into the higher tiers of overall unit performance.