Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

I just clicked on the link to this thread, scrolled through some pages and I can say with certainty, I have no idea what’s going on here and probably couldn’t capably describe it to any curious party.

Sooooo....how about that new Alfonse?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bubba Jones said:

I just clicked on the link to this thread, scrolled through some pages and I can say with certainty, I have no idea what’s going on here and probably couldn’t capably describe it to any curious party.

Don't bother. I brought up the fact that he's wearing a bridal veil and nobody cares. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It seems like nobody was happy except Marth and Caeda then, which is kind of unrealistic. Like you said, some people are happy together, some wind up not being happy together.

Not necessarily. I mean, Marth and Caeda weren't the ONLY couple. Astram and Midia married. Merric and Linde never became a thing, but that's cause its implied that Merric married Marth's sister Elice instead. Julian and Lena are said to have settled down and cared for orphans. 

Just cause several couples failed didn't mean that others had as well. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not necessarily. I mean, Marth and Caeda weren't the ONLY couple. Astram and Midia married. Merric and Linde never became a thing, but that's cause its implied that Merric married Marth's sister Elice instead. Julian and Lena are said to have settled down and cared for orphans. 

Just cause several couples failed didn't mean that others had as well. 

I don't know who any of those other characters you mentioned are... Aside from Elice. I feel like too many failed here though, compared to ones that succeeded.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know who any of those other characters you mentioned are... Aside from Elice. I feel like too many failed here though, compared to ones that succeeded.

I mean, not really. In all those cases you mentioned of the failed loves, most were at best love triangles and a few other things. But in the end, plenty of couples did work out and were happy. I think it was all balanced out.

And really, that's reality. Not everything works out, and we just feel more sad about it and feel its not good only because we've spent the game using our units and feeling like they should get a shot at happiness, so when it doesn't work out, we are upset.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I mean, not really. In all those cases you mentioned of the failed loves, most were at best love triangles and a few other things. But in the end, plenty of couples did work out and were happy. I think it was all balanced out.

And really, that's reality. Not everything works out, and we just feel more sad about it and feel its not good only because we've spent the game using our units and feeling like they should get a shot at happiness, so when it doesn't work out, we are upset.

Then agree to disagree.

Duh, I know. But that doesn't mean a ton of characters have to be unhappy or a ton have to be happy. It should be more even imo.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I know. But that doesn't mean a ton of characters have to be unhappy or a ton have to be happy. It should be more even imo.

Or perhaps more happy than unhappy. Though ideally we'd want ALL the characters to be happy.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What? I'm not sure I get what you mean here by the arena bonus heroes thing. But yeah, for whatever reason, they didn't seem to want Christmas to overlap with New Year's.

The bonus heroes in the Arena always include the most recent new character banner's characters at each rotation change.

This means that for the Winter's Envoy characters to be the Arena bonus heroes on December 25th, the banner needs to start just before December 19th, which is the last rotation change before the holiday.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

And let's not also forget Rhajat being added in a gauntlet banner which was unprecedented.

"Unprecedented" and "breaks a pattern" are two different things.

Or the Black Knight who was in no banner at all and was only available as TT reward and the starter pack.

Many characters are never on a banner, and the Black Knight being available as a Tempest Trials reward is neither special to him nor breaks a pattern. Being the first starter pack character is not breaking a pattern.

As for why they wouldn't want to rerun it, I don't know, IS doesn't always make sense. Maybe to keep the appeal of Legendary banners up.

I don't see how making the characters available on a Voting Gauntlet banner reduces the appeal of the Legendary Heroes banners. Takumi and Hector appearing on the recent Countering Skills banner isn't going to reduce their appeal if they appear on another banner in two months' time.

Also, maybe you should look into working on your rebuttals so you sound less...well, rude. You can make good points, but presentation is still important if you want people to listen to you.

I get very blunt in my responses if I have to make the exact same argument every few weeks or so. I'm also at work most of the day and don't often have time to edit my responses to be easier to digest.

Simple, that Tempest had nothing to do with Sacred Stones. It was about Fjorm.

By that logic, none of the Tempest Trials really has anything to do with Masked Marth either, other than the fact that she keeps needing to get her ass saved because she needs to git gud and learn to solo the game.

20 minutes ago, Bubba Jones said:

These threads have a bad habit of having long arguments where any other post just gets buried under a couple dozen posts by the same 3 people. Just wait for it to die down. It usually does... eventually.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The bonus heroes in the Arena always include the most recent new character banner's characters at each rotation change.

This means that for the Winter's Envoy characters to be the Arena bonus heroes on December 25th, the banner needs to start just before December 19th, which is the last rotation change before the holiday.

Ohhh, now I see. That's a good point then.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Many characters are never on a banner, and the Black Knight being available as a Tempest Trials reward is neither special to him nor breaks a pattern. Being the first starter pack character is not breaking a pattern.

I don't see how making the characters available on a Voting Gauntlet banner reduces the appeal of the Legendary Heroes banners. Takumi and Hector appearing on the recent Countering Skills banner isn't going to reduce their appeal if they appear on another banner in two months' time.

I get very blunt in my responses if I have to make the exact same argument every few weeks or so. I'm also at work most of the day and don't often have time to edit my responses to be easier to digest.

By that logic, none of the Tempest Trials really has anything to do with Masked Marth either, other than the fact that she keeps needing to get her ass saved because she needs to git gud and learn to solo the game.

1. I meant for that last gauntlet.

2. Because part of seasonals is limited availability and people already don't like legendary banners so if they can just get them when that season rolls back around, why bother with the dreaded legendary banners?

3. Then wait till you get home. Unlike other people here, you can't be set to ignore (I tried), so, please, do at least try not to talk down to people and the such.

4. Lucina is common thread for whatever reason. All other tempest units barring Marissa were themed after the focus game. Also, you try to stop a world shattering phenomena on your own, and there's a difference between asking for help and getting saved.

50 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Don't bother. I brought up the fact that he's wearing a bridal veil and nobody cares. 

I care! Alfonse is actually not wearing a bridal veil. Its a cape that is pinned to him by the flowers on the front.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

1. I meant for that last gauntlet.

Alfonse and Sharena were in the first Voting Gauntlet and are in no way summonable. Nothing special about Voting Gauntlet participants that are not summonable.

Sure, everyone has guaranteed access to Alfonse and Sharena, but getting the Black Knight from the starter pack is far more cost-effective and reasonable than trying to pull for a copy of a character from the gacha.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

2. Because part of seasonals is limited availability and people already don't like legendary banners so if they can just get them when that season rolls back around, why bother with the dreaded legendary banners?

Because there's zero guarantee that the banner will be available again when the season comes back around. The previous spring banner would be here not because it is Easter again, but because a Voting Gauntlet occurred with them as participants. There's a big difference between those two. The former is in no way expected right now, but the latter would be if a Voting Gauntlet with them as participants were to be announced.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

3. Then wait till you get home. Unlike other people here, you can't be set to ignore (I tried), so, please, do at least try not to talk down to people and the such.

I don't often have the opportunity to engage in back-and-forth when I'm at home because I'm not sitting next to a computer the whole time, and posting here on a mobile device is a pain in the ass (made even worse because my phone will almost instantly short its battery the moment it is unplugged from the outlet and then woken up).

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

4. Lucina is common thread for whatever reason. All other tempest units barring Marissa were themed after the focus game. Also, you try to stop a world shattering phenomena on your own, and there's a difference between asking for help and getting saved.

The focus game here was Heroes. Which basically means they can do whatever they want, and they decided to put one of the new characters from the most recent banner's theme as the Tempest Trials reward. Still not that different than the fact that we have an Awakening character as the reward for two non-Awakening-themed Tempest Trials.

And she was very much about to get her ass handed to her on a plate by Loki in that particular Tempest Trials.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

It wasn't just that. Abel's inability to express feelings as well as understand Est's own emotional state, he wasn't able to appease her insecurities. He wasn't able to assure her that things were fine in the end. Rather all he did was raise those insecurities even more. And Est's emotional state just went further and further that in the end, she just ended up leaving. Had he been able to understand her, able to assure her, she wouldn't have left. 

Despite how I am sad about their ending, they may have just not been right for one another. Kaga tends to give some people happy endings, but he certainly makes quite a few not work out in the end. 

He still loved her to the point he went in history as the knight that kept on searching for her never to be seen again. That ending sounds pretty dark if you ask me. Est really just needed to break up so Abel could continue his life without wasting it away trying to find someone who didn't want anything to do with him anymore.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't often have the opportunity to engage in back-and-forth when I'm at home because I'm not sitting next to a computer the whole time, and posting here on a mobile device is a pain in the ass (made even worse because my phone will almost instantly short its battery the moment it is unplugged from the outlet and then woken up).

Then maybe you should post less if you don't like using your phone?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The focus game here was Heroes. Which basically means they can do whatever they want, and they decided to put one of the new characters from the most recent banner's theme as the Tempest Trials reward. Still not that different than the fact that we have an Awakening character as the reward for two non-Awakening-themed Tempest Trials.

And she was very much about to get her ass handed to her on a plate by Loki in that particular Tempest Trials.

Okay, fine, then Lucina was the one who broke trends.

She was tricked. Not that she could have used Falchion against her so she could have retreated and be ticked about losing Falchion.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Dude, he can't really do his job as an EDITOR and staff member of this forum if he only posted a little bit. He contributes a lot to the Heroes board in particular and has done some really helpful things for people playing the game and posting here. Leave him alone, seriously. He's done nothing wrong.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I want to respond to this comment, but I can't find a way to do so in a civil manner.

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, fine, then Lucina was the one who broke trends.

You can't break a trend that didn't yet exist. The first Tempest Trials was Heroes-themed and had Masked Marth, an Awakening character, as a reward.

12 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I care! Alfonse is actually not wearing a bridal veil. Its a cape that is pinned to him by the flowers on the front.

Mmm, I suppose you're right. I didn't recognize the bunny ears and thought they were part of the clothing. But in his attack art you can see they are separate articles of clothing.

If they re-run the original spring banner as well, I'm missing the greenies from there. Plus Summer Elise will likely be on the next legendary banner. Hopefully the next batch of a dozen bartres and cherche gives me one with the optimal nature I'm looking for.

I think there is a lot of off topic talk cause we still don't know the stats, once the stats are known and the banner drops pretty much all talk will be about the units, what teams they fit, what to do with various bane/boon, SI, etc etc.  

On the Whitewing sisters, I really like how Echoes developed them.  They are somewhat typical of the older, middle, younger sibling relationship particularly if the parents are absent.  Palla is very motherly towards the other, nurturing, protective, she is also that way in general.  Catria is quiet, withdrawn, feels like she doesn't fit anywhere, being the middle sibling is considered psychologically the toughest by far.  Est is the 'baby' of the family, and thus particularly around her siblings can act even younger and more childish than she really is.  

The CYL results are interesting, considering the triple split, the sisters are quite popular.  Can't blame them, they all have great designs visually, introduce the triangle attack, and appear in multiple games and continents.  Catria is likely most popular cause she is most well rounded, however I always preferred Palla cause of her high strength stat which is something I favor highly especially in peg knights.  Est, well she has become a name for a type of unit like Jeigan.  Ests are units that come super late in the game and have to be babied at ton to level up, if you do though they have great growth rates and thus may end up among the strongest characters in the game.  

Now many are wondering why did Abel choose Est?  Echoes supports and such which gave us more of the whitewing personalities answered this for me.  Palla is as I said very motherly, nurturing.  However Est is cute and fun, ...but dragons!  Est would be a blast to go out with it seems, and would be constantly hilarious and somewhat unpredictable.  Palla is a more mature very loving woman.  The ages also reveal a lot, maybe Abel is around 18, 19?  So Est is someone closer to his age, and also as a younger man and particular during middle age type times would want a younger woman rather than someone a couple years older than themselves. 

As for their relationship, I think Est suffers from a lot of insecurity, something that Catria does as well.  This would likely be something completely unexpected for Abel.  How could someone seemingly so carefree and full of enthusiasm for so much, have these deep insecurities?  Probably a turn off, cause might make him wonder if the super childish bundle of joy Est is really just a false mask for the true Est.  However I definitely am fine with Abel saying 'he just loves Est' without a reason.  Love can't be explained in words many times, I don't know what he would say.  Yeah you know I love short haired girls, or you have a nice smile!  Some of that explains physical attraction, but love is harder to pin down in exact terms.  

Oh yeah and back to topic, I agree that Kagero will be the one more people pull for than any other.  Besides the 'sex sells', she is the first flying dagger user.  This makes her appealing even for those who don't care for seasonals, or dislike bunny outfits, or whatever.  We have multiple blue tome cavalry, some of which are very good.  We have multiple green tome infantry, some of which are very good.  We don't have many axe horse cavs, but we have a few and they are maybe decent?  There isn't that much demand for axe cav though since people like to run a green tome in cavalry instead.  

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can't break a trend that didn't yet exist. The first Tempest Trials was Heroes-themed and had Masked Marth, an Awakening character, as a reward.

The first Tempest was literally called Dark Clouds over Awakening. The final map was the Dragon's Table from Awakening. It used Awakening maps. All but one bonus unit were Awakening units. It was not Heroes based.

Edited by Arthur97

Guys, lets get back on track.  This thread is for making bad jokes about the characters outfits and coming up with flimsy theories about why Kagero has a pegasus and Catria has a horse.

Also, there's a very simple reason Catria is most popular...and it has nothing to do with what has been put forth.  Her popularity mainly has to do with the fact that in Heroes, her butt cheeks are visible under her too-mini miniskirt, the kawaii headband, and blue-hair power, like Lyn and Lucina...

7 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Guys, lets get back on track.  This thread is for making bad jokes about the characters outfits and coming up with flimsy theories about why Kagero has a pegasus and Catria has a horse.

Also, there's a very simple reason Catria is most popular...and it has nothing to do with what has been put forth.  Her popularity mainly has to do with the fact that in Heroes, her butt cheeks are visible under her too-mini miniskirt, the kawaii headband, and blue-hair power, like Lyn and Lucina...

Lyn has green hair.