Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

26 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

We don't have many axe horse cavs, but we have a few and they are maybe decent?  There isn't that much demand for axe cav though since people like to run a green tome in cavalry instead.  

Yes, but why do you think people more often run green tome cavs instead of axe cavs? Because our choices of axe cavalry are currently Gunter who sucks, Titania who is just decent but not great, and Frederick, who is arguably great when built up. Frederick is pretty much the best of the three and the only one of the three who can do just as well as the green mage cavs.

You could make a monster Titania like Rezzy did, or a monster Frederick like I did, but not many people did that, and both of those builds are expensive.

Plus, one of our choices of green mage cavalry is Gunnthra, a legendary hero. So I'm not surprised the green mage cavs are a bit more appealing right now. We need some more awesome axe cavaliers before they become more widely used. Kieran could help with this sometime, if he could get some awesome stats and skills. I also hope CYL Ephraim is an axe cav.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharena looks SO HAPPY! :D

Glad Catria’s in this one, SoV gave me new respect for the Pega-sisters. Also gotta love the Norse mythology references in them eggs :3

Yay new unit class for Kagero! Love how she can look so silly and still be stoic and cool. Ninjabbit attack indeed!

Alfonse looks cute in costume too! So festive! Also is that a live rabbit in his special animation? Woah >> Hardcore.

Banner is cool but not sure how much I’ll summon on it. I want them all of course, but I want to stick to F2P for the time being. Plus, there’s this month’s legendary banner and who knows when the next Brave Heroes banner is coming out? Probably not soon but still.

Good luck later tonight everyone! May your bunnies be plentiful and have them herald the warmer weather, s’been cold too long!

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, but why do you think people more often run green tome cavs instead of axe cavs? Because our choices of axe cavalry are currently Gunter who sucks, Titania who is just decent but not great, and Frederick, who is arguably great when built up. Frederick is pretty much the best of the three and the only one of the three who can do just as well as the green mage cavs.

You could make a monster Titania like Rezzy did, or a monster Frederick like I did, but not many people did that, and both of those builds are expensive.

Plus, one of our choices of green mage cavalry is Gunnthra, a legendary hero. So I'm not surprised the green mage cavs are a bit more appealing right now. We need some more awesome axe cavaliers before they become more widely used. Kieran could help with this sometime, if he could get some awesome stats and skills. I also hope CYL Ephraim is an axe cav.

Well in general since the strength of cavaliers is their high movement, tome users are preferred.  It allows you to attack someone 5 spaces away as opposed to 4.  Who are the most meta horse units?  Reinhardt and Bow Lyn.  Maps are small, sometimes space where one can move is very limited, all this highly favors high movement ranged units with high offense.  The other side is high defense/res enemy phase units who sit and win by counters.  However that is much better accomplished by dragons and armors.  

27 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well in general since the strength of cavaliers is their high movement, tome users are preferred.  It allows you to attack someone 5 spaces away as opposed to 4.  Who are the most meta horse units?  Reinhardt and Bow Lyn.  Maps are small, sometimes space where one can move is very limited, all this highly favors high movement ranged units with high offense.  The other side is high defense/res enemy phase units who sit and win by counters.  However that is much better accomplished by dragons and armors.  

True, but then why aren't we seeing full cav tome teams? I never do. In fact, I often see cav teams run only one tome or CYL Lyn or both, with the other two being a lance, axe, or sword. And some enemies have high res. So those high res blue units? You want an axe to kill them.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but then why aren't we seeing full cav tome teams? I never do. In fact, I often see cav teams run only one tome or CYL Lyn or both, with the other two being a lance, axe, or sword. And some enemies have high res. So those high res blue units? You want an axe to kill them.

Part of it is the BST factor.  You take a penalty for being a ranged unit, and then in addition cavs have a penalty just for their movement type.  Higher in arena it is +10 merged cavaliers or none at all, and mostly armors and dragons.  BST still has a massive influence on high tier arena.  

Besides BST one doesn't run all tomes cause people prefer to have a tanky melee or two to reposition the tome attacker, and survive any damage it may have to incur as a result.  Sigurd is a tank god so that is my melee of choice.  Reds are the most common chosen melee unit cause it can cover the weakness of Reinhardt.  A green axe would cover the weakness of a red tome user.  With the release of Eirika and possibly Leo upgrade (???) maybe that would be desired.  However they can't match the offense that brave tome Reinhardt provides, or that Bow Lyn can provide being colorless and preventing DC counters.  

Either way I hope Alfonse is a very powerful green axe.  I think he will have to be for people to consider putting them on their horse team.  

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Part of it is the BST factor.  You take a penalty for being a ranged unit, and then in addition cavs have a penalty just for their movement type.  Higher in arena it is +10 merged cavaliers or none at all, and mostly armors and dragons.  BST still has a massive influence on high tier arena.  

Besides BST one doesn't run all tomes cause people prefer to have a tanky melee or two to reposition the tome attacker, and survive any damage it may have to incur as a result.  Sigurd is a tank god so that is my melee of choice.  Reds are the most common chosen melee unit cause it can cover the weakness of Reinhardt.  A green axe would cover the weakness of a red tome user.  With the release of Eirika and possibly Leo upgrade (???) maybe that would be desired.  However they can't match the offense that brave tome Reinhardt provides, or that Bow Lyn can provide being colorless and preventing DC counters.  

Either way I hope Alfonse is a very powerful green axe.  I think he will have to be for people to consider putting them on their horse team.  

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

And yeah, especially considering that other than his weapon, Alfonse's skillset here looks underwhelming compared to what his sister and Catria got.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

It wasn't just that. Abel's inability to express feelings as well as understand Est's own emotional state, he wasn't able to appease her insecurities. He wasn't able to assure her that things were fine in the end. Rather all he did was raise those insecurities even more. And Est's emotional state just went further and further that in the end, she just ended up leaving. Had he been able to understand her, able to assure her, she wouldn't have left. 

Despite how I am sad about their ending, they may have just not been right for one another. Kaga tends to give some people happy endings, but he certainly makes quite a few not work out in the end. 

I honestly think Est left her family out of fear that she'd be causing them more grief by being a burden on them. It's not the correct thing to do, but considering she's not immature, I bet that's what she did instead of something like just run off because she didn't care much for him. I think that explanation shows she loves Abel so non-selfishly and worries that she'd be agonizing him with getting into trouble; after all, she's been kidnapped three times in two years. If Est ran away for that reason, even if it was the wrong choice, I think it's the most in-character reason for her and the most affectionate towards Abel.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...I'm shocked Catria is more popular than Palla. I figured Palla would be the most liked out of the Whitewings by far because she's really pretty, mature, and cool. But at least Est is the least liked. I like her the least as well. Though not by much. Catria bores the hell out of me and isn't even pretty, imo.

But maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. My favorites are never the actual popular ones unless they're named Ike and Ephraim, it seems...

Not gonna lie, saying "good thing this character is not liked much because I hate them" is sorta jerkish. It sounds like you're dictating what a character's popularity should be. I do like Est a little, but still.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

My orbs are safe.

Bring me the next Legendary banner, already. I would like that colourless dragon.

Ugh, please don't let it be someone I care about; I want a physical ranged flier, so I'm rolling for Kagerou. 

Guessing it'll be Corrin due to the recent alts being main characters. If so, then it should be fine. So long as it's not Tiki.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heads up, guys! We could see an update download soon and then a datamine of these guys' stats. ...I think?

We're still 5 and a half hours away from the daily reset, so probably not too soon. The updates seem to have been hitting 2 to 4 hours before the reset lately.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

We're still 5 and a half hours away from the daily reset, so probably not too soon. The updates seem to have been hitting 2 to 4 hours before the reset lately.

Oh. I wasn't sure exactly when these updates usually dropped.

6 hours ago, Troykv said:

Doesn't even help that Abel reinforce (but probably in a non-intentional way) how useless is Est for saying he loves her... but not knowing what kind of good thing say about her.

Sounds like love/lust at first sight. And to be fair, they had been together for no more than a year, minus the Valentia voyage. They by no means were at a point by which they could have been 100% assured of their love and compatibility for each other.

But what am I thinking, this is FE! One year or less is enough to establish true love! I never heard anything about Peri and Jakob filing for divorce.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not necessarily. I mean, Marth and Caeda weren't the ONLY couple. Astram and Midia married. Merric and Linde never became a thing, but that's cause its implied that Merric married Marth's sister Elice instead. Julian and Lena are said to have settled down and cared for orphans. 

None of the endings in FE3 outright state who anyone married. Partly I think because didn't they bother to write alternative version of the character endings in case one member of the couple died.

Also, apparently Lena was originally going to be married to Michalis:

Spoiler

Q7: What is Lena and Michalis’s relationship?

Comments: *sweats* Well, Lena was born into a powerful Medonian noble family. Her mother was a court bishop at the Grustian royal court. When Lena was 10 years old, her mother died, and Lena moved to live with her grandfather at Grust. There she met Camus, who she deeply respected and who shaped her life. Later, Lena was summoned to the Medonian royal court by her foster father. It was around this time that Michalis noticed her and decided to marry her, for her beauty and wisdom, and also to closen his ties with the elder nobility, such as on Lena’s foster father’s side.

Ya know, I'd have liked a boss convo in SD for this, but they didn't do that for Marth-Jiol or Linde-Gharnef and metric ton of others so it doesn't surprise me. Michalis is the only boss who really gets any, Medeus gets a little line with Nagi, and Camus gets a pseudo-boss convo with Marth with the way Nyna interjects halfway into the fight. 

12 minutes ago, Thane said:

Guessing it'll be Corrin due to the recent alts being main characters. If so, then it should be fine. So long as it's not Tiki.

Male Infantry Breath and Female Infantry Sword? Male Infantry Staff (Hoshido Noble) and Female Infantry Tome (Nohr Noble)?

Or they could just toss Male Corrin a long awaited Yato upgrade.

We haven't had a non-Seasonal dedicated Fates Gen 1 Banner yet. A Corrin, a girl (Charlotte?), and somebody else (Silas?). Actually, ♀︎Corrin-Kaze-Silas would likely be rather popular and have a solid theme running through it. Something-Dagger-Something Cav, okay for variety's sake.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. I also wonder if Christmas was only two weeks because it's not big in Japan. Which would be kind of mean imo. Even though it's a bigger thing in the west, the west kind of has a bigger population, you know, which also means more money...

Bigger population doesn't always mean more money because among western players, there is more f2p players than paying players, when in Japan there is more whales than f2p players. Not much people knew Fate: grand order globally compared to FEH, nor do they have more players, yet FGO makes 2 mil dollar DAILY with 8k installs, when FEH only makes 35k dollar with 9k installs daily. 

Edit: Datamined stats are out. Kagero has 36/36 offense stat. THERE GOES MY ORBS. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Bigger population doesn't always mean more money because among western players, there is more f2p players than paying players, when in Japan there is more whales than f2p players. Not much people knew Fate: grand order globally compared to FEH, nor do they have more players, yet FGO makes 2 mil dollar DAILY with 8k installs, when FEH only makes 35k dollar with 9k installs daily. 

Edit: Datamined stats are out. Kagero has 36/36 offense stat. THERE GOES MY ORBS. 

And you know this how?

Also, source for the datamined stats?

Wow, Alfonse with a speed stat. I'm really surprised. Though then again, he IS on a horse instead of his feet this time.

Sharena looks like the best one statwise. Best Spd of the bunch and good Atk, with decent Res too. Glad I want her and her bro!

The galeforcing in the general thread is giving me whiplash, time to take the discussion back here.

Those new stats can now be taken as correct, so I'm happy to start my planning.

- Catria is amazing, even with -spd or -atk she easily powercreeps Ursula (and pretty much Olwen too). I will definitely be going for her because I'm Horse Emblem trash (and because I failed to get Horse Eirika).

- Sharena is a slightly weaker Nino but with good res. Would have to get a good nature to replace anyone I'm using currently, so eh. If only they'd release a red mage with more than 34 speed, it's crazy how blue and green get bonus speed for some reason.

- Alfonse is speedier but less tanky than I'd hoped. Kind of puts a dent in my plans to have him be the designated enemy phase axe horse and Freddybear be the player phase one (because that'd be the cheapest combination to build). Now it looks like I'll be leaning towards Slaying Axe Fred instead.

- Kagero is a monster. Powercreeped herself in stats, move type and bust size.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Now it looks like I'll be leaning towards Slaying Axe Fred instead.

Can't go wrong with that, I say. :D

Spoiler

FA0sjS3.png

(and this is before horse Ephraim and some other horse buff him through the roof. lol Oh yeah, that A support is now an S too, with horse Ephraim.)

Hopefully I get Sharena with good enough IVs. I'd like to make her my new go-to green infantry mage.

Edited by Anacybele

Stat wise Kagero and Catria look incredible.  Kagero is the clear prize with those monster stats and being the first ever flying dagger user.  Catria is a fantastic blue cavalry, maybe the best besides Reinhardt. Also just the perfect ally for Gunnthra.  

Alfonse and Sharena look good but not amazing.  Alfonse does join the scarce cavalry axe pool, however Sharena joins the very competitive green infantry tome pool.  

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can't go wrong with that, I say. :D

Hide contents

(and this is before horse Ephraim and some other horse buff him through the roof. lol)

Hopefully I get Sharena with good enough IVs. I'd like to make her my new go-to green infantry mage.

Mine is 40+7 too ...but 4-star. I'm not quite that dedicated to him. :P

A potential issue might be that mine has a +Atk -Res which is perfect for the Brave Axe build, which had always been my plan but never followed through on. I do have a +Def -HP 3* one kicking around, but I'll probably stick with the current one for flexibility.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Mine is 40+7 too ...but 4-star. I'm not quite that dedicated to him. :P

A potential issue might be that mine has a +Atk -Res which is perfect for the Brave Axe build, which had always been my plan but never followed through on. I do have a +Def -HP 3* one kicking around, but I'll probably stick with the current one for flexibility.

Ah, well, I didn't mean you had to have as much dedication to him as I do anyway. XD Just thought I'd show an example of his potential with Slaying Axe is all.

And I see! Mine is +Def, -Spd, so the Slaying Axe and all was a great fit. I want to change that to +Def, -Res though. Neutral Spd would make him get doubled less and actually make him decent at doubling as well as tanking when he has horse buffs!

Alfonse has way more SPD than I expected. I like it tho. I want him... Probably not gonna get him tho.

Sharena looks pretty alright too, and I could probably use another Green Tome unit. I'd wouldn't mind getting her or Alfonse... Probably gonna get neither, but ah well.

Catria looks great, and I like her stats too. Hope to pull her.

Kagero looks pretty good too. Would be okay with getting her if she shows up, but I won't be trying for her specifically since she doesn't look especially good to me.

Gonna be pulling Blue > Green > Colorless >>>>>>>>>>>> Red, since Blue has Catria, Green has two focus units who I would like, Colorless has a focus unit and the possibility of pulling Sothe at 4-Star or pity-breaker Genny/Takumi/Sothe, and Red doesn't have a focus unit on this banner so it's the lowest priority. Hopefully between the TT, the Paralogue, whatever BHBs are coming up in the future, and the Voting Gauntlet, I'll be able to get a Focus unit off this banner and still be able to save up a decent amount of Orbs for Leif/Nanna next month.

Now I just have to wait another hour or so to find out how Alfonse and Sharena react to their seasonal selves... if they have any reaction to battling against themselves.