What are your favorite/least favorite things in the FE series.

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi

Question time again, because why the hell not? What are your most and/or least favorite things about the Fire Emblem series based on what you've played so far?

Favorite would have to be the varied cast of characters. As for game mechanics, I like the escape missions. I'm one of the few people who loved the faceless escape level from Conquest. I also like the three tier class system from Radiant Dawn, as well as the combat animations from that game, minus the overly dramatic and long Rex tome animations.

Least favorite would be the dating sim mechanics from Fates and self inserting aka Avatars. While I enjoyed the newer Fire Emblem games, I just hate self inserting in video games in general, and it feels very out of place in FE. So yeah, Kris, Robin and Corrin are my least favorite things about the series. 

As vague as this sounds I really enjoy the style of turn based combat used in most fire emblem games along with the difficulty and challenge of the games which was one of they reasons I tried fire emblem out.  

What I dislike most is true hit/dual rn in fire emblem games as the displayed Hit rate is incorrect but, above 50% hit is actually higher than displayed and the opposite for below 50% hit.

Also the child units in fateslandia, I just think they feel a bit to forced into the game I would rather they were just not in fates. Unless they where put in game as just normal characters and not space magic time children. 

13 minutes ago, Lost Impact said:

I just hate self inserting in video games in general, and it feels very out of place in FE. So yeah, Kris, Robin and Corrin are my least favorite things about the series. 

I know what you mean, all three of these avatars are terrible and they pander in game and to the player is just retch worthy at points. But I would like an avatar character in the next new game, but only if they have as little relevancy to the plot as possible and is more of a blank slate for the player project themselves onto.

What I love most about the series is its worlds and lore and of course the wide variety of characters. I also very much enjoy the strategic aspect of it's gameplay (duh!) and that you can approach it in many different ways and are free to do so.

What I dislike most is when you can clearly see developer favouritism towards certain characters when said characters are always shoved in your face with neon signs that say "Like me!!!", especially when other characters only exist to make these characters look better, both in gameplay and supports. Though this problem really only exists in Fates. It isn't as bad in the other games.
I also hate it when the developers clearly intend for players to use certain characters over others, either with the maps themselves and how they are structured or with some kind of gimmick that only a handful of units can make use of, thus restricting your options.
I want to pick who I like and use. I don't need you to do that for me.

Edited by DragonFlames

What I like most in Fire Emblem.... well I enjoy the gameplay a lot I guess? There is not really anything I like about it more than others, I enjoy a lot about Fire Emblem.

What I dislike most about Fire Emblem is a large portion of it's fanbase. Luckily Serenes is mostly reasonable and more tame.

What I Like:

• The Gameplay: The series started and set in stone many of the conventions found in Turn-Based Strategy RPGs, and it was also among the first games to put an effort into the story. I also enjoy how each Fire Emblem manages to be unique in it's gameplay, making each game distinct but without having to relearn the basic's every time. Although it ranges between games, I also like how the difficulty is hard, but not unbearably so.
  • The Characters: The selling point of the series, and something has been done consistently well. Each game loves to put a twist on a previous archetype, and we've seem a wide variety of personalities over the years. They aren't all winners, but the good outweighs the bad here. The support mechanic is also a brilliant way of both expanding on a character while providing gameplay bonuses.

What I Don't Like:

• Permadeath: I don't mind it as a concept (heck, permadeath is one of my favorite aspects of other strategy games), but the execution of it in Fire Emblem leaves much to be desired. You have a very limited number of troops to work with, and not all games seem to be designed with this mechanic in mind. It doesn't help that some characters you need to keep alive in order to recruit other units or to unlock side-quests.
  • Fog of War/Ambush Spawns: I dislike the former in Fire Emblem simply because it ignores other examples of doing this gimmick right (such as Battle for Wesnoth, where you can move a unit one space at a time, but you can't undo any moves. Why don't they do this in Fire Emblem?), and I hate the latter because it's just plain poor design and adds nothing but frustration to the gameplay.

I like all the things in Fire Emblem...

Well, except for some of the things.  But we don't talk about those things.  Those things are private...

In all seriousness, if I had to pick...

My favorite aspects of FE are the supports and the strategy.  The supports, I've explained before, tie well into the general narrative of comradery in FE and plus I also just prefer character-oriented narratives to more narrow or broad narratives such as when they only focus on one person as if they're the most important person in the world or when they don't have any character focus at all.  And strategy, well...  I just like slower-paced games that don't leave me panicking every second.

My least favorite aspects...

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What I dislike most is when you can clearly see developer favouritism towards certain characters when said characters are always shoved in your face with neon signs that say "Like me!!!", especially when other characters only exist to make these characters look better, both in gameplay and supports.

This is one of them.

It's awful being someone who likes the non-royal Fates characters.  It's even worse that out of the royals, I only really like two of them a lot, kinda like another, and am mixed on the rest.  I hope IS never tries to jampack a FE game with ten main characters again.

Another thing I dislike about this franchise is when the level design is bad.  Of course all bad level designs aren't enjoyable, but when the level design fails in Fire Emblem, it fails hard.  It becomes exponentially more tedious and frustrating than a lot of other games, being that it's a slower-paced game.  And because you can't save your progress in the middle of a battle, you have to restart the entire battle if you fail.  While a game like Ninja Gaiden might take a few tries to get you frustrated, a bad FE map needs only a single serious try to get your blood boiling.

41 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's awful being someone who likes the non-royal Fates characters.  It's even worse that out of the royals, I only really like two of them a lot, kinda like another, and am mixed on the rest.  I hope IS never tries to jampack a FE game with ten main characters again.

You read it here first, folks. If even someone who actually somewhat LIKES the Royals gets miffed by this, then you KNOW they effed up somewhere.
I mean, for me it was a given to have my pets peeved by this since I dislike 7 out of 9 of them and the only two that I DO like are sadly nothing more than loli-imouto bait (even though there is more to the characters, you can tell that that is what IS was going for with Sakura and Elise. Just look at their "extras" in Heroes).

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

What I Don't Like:

• Permadeath: I don't mind it as a concept (heck, permadeath is one of my favorite aspects of other strategy games), but the execution of it in Fire Emblem leaves much to be desired. You have a very limited number of troops to work with, and not all games seem to be designed with this mechanic in mind. It doesn't help that some characters you need to keep alive in order to recruit other units or to unlock side-quests.
  • Fog of War/Ambush Spawns: I dislike the former in Fire Emblem simply because it ignores other examples of doing this gimmick right (such as Battle for Wesnoth, where you can move a unit one space at a time, but you can't undo any moves. Why don't they do this in Fire Emblem?), and I hate the latter because it's just plain poor design and adds nothing but frustration to the gameplay.

It gets even worse when the "death" of a unit means nothing in terms of the story, since the character that "died" just retreated. I don't mind if it's only a few characters that retreat for the sake of the story, but when it's basically ALL of them, it just feels cheap to me and basically serves no other purpose than rob you of one of your potentially valuable units. It's more of a hassle than actually threatening, since you never actually lose someone, except for a select few the developers thought to be disposable, I guess.

100% agreed on Fog of War and Ambush Spawns, though. Any game / difficulty setting that has the letter in it is automatically disqualified from being called fair, in my opinion. Especially for first time players, since they can't possibly know exactly WHERE they show up to kill you.
The former WOULD be a good idea if the AI was just as impeded by it as you. This is one of those examples that fall under my personal definition of "fake difficulty": The enemy having a clear advantage over you because they don't have to adhere to the same rules as the player.

I like

• The characters. Fire Emblem's always done characters better than stories and for me, characters are more important than story. It's why for as abysmal Fates' story is, i don't care as much because most of the characters are somewhat decent. And ever since FE6, we've had Support conversations which are great for learning more about characters.
  • The gameplay: Most Fire Emblem games have good gameplay and it's enjoyable, even if it can get frustrating at times.
  • Music: FE has some pretty good music, especially with more recent games. SoV has the best OST in the series in my opinion.
  • The GBA and SoV battle animations. GBA-era FE has some of the best battle animations in the series and nothing really came close to topping it until SoV and even then, i'd argue the GBA-era still has the best animations.

I dislike

• The fanbase but Serenes Forest is actually pretty cool and so is the FEH subreddit.
  • Kaga-era FE. Kaga-era FE is filled with bad and outdated gameplay. Only FE3 is good. Also, to clarify, when i mean Kaga-era, i mean the original games. So the remakes of FE1 2 and 3 don't count here, since the remakes are actually good. Also, i'm really glad Kaga left the series because otherwise, he would've kept making the games more and more difficult for newcomers.
  • Fog of War.
  • Status Effects.
  • The Avatars. These aren't really Avatars, these are just established characters that you can play dress-up with. In actuality, i have a love-hate relationship with these guys. I like their characters......in Support Conversations and spin-off material. There's some really good stuff to be found there. But story-wise......oooof. Like, ok, Robin wasn't that bad but even then, he shares traits with the other two Avatars and that's that he always has the right answers to everything and he can do no wrong. And even when the Avatars do fuck up, they just put a little band-aid on it because "we don't wanna hurt the player's feelings since the Avatar is supposed to be them." FE Avatars are basically just bad Isekai anime protagonists but that's actually just a joke because not even Corrin is that bad. I've said it before and i'll say it again, if FE wants to keep having Avatars, they should take a page from Xenoblade Chronicles X. Cross is one of the best Avatars i've seen in gaming because he actually is one. He's not a pre-established character like FE's Avatars.
8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What I dislike most is when you can clearly see developer favouritism towards certain characters when said characters are always shoved in your face with neon signs that say "Like me!!!", especially when other characters only exist to make these characters look better, both in gameplay and supports. Though this problem really only exists in Fates. It isn't as bad in the other games.

Ehhh, i wouldn't say it exists in Fates. It'd be more accurate to say that it exists in spin-off material, mainly Heroes and Warriors. Like, people complain about Ike stealing all the glory in Radiant Dawn, which is a valid complaint but like,  you don't see him again after that, and if you do, it's a spin-off so the impact isn't.....as big of a deal. Like, FEH had Awakening/Fates pandering for the longest time and it could be annoying but when i put it into perspective, at least it's just in the spin-offs and not in the main series games. Which is why nothing will ever be as bad as Game Freak's blatant Gen 1 pandering. Gen 7 was filled to the brim with it and it arguably suffered because of it.

I do understand why people are bothered by developer favoritism in FE though. It just personally appreciate that it's only confined to the spin-offs.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

And because you can't save your progress in the middle of a battle, you have to restart the entire battle if you fail. 

I agree, this is the worst part of any FE game. There's only four FE games that have ways around this, those being FE4, 11, 12 and 15. I'm not counting Casual Mode saves because it's Casual Mode but i don't get why in-battle saves aren't a thing aside from FE11 and 12 (and the save anytime feature of FE4 but that's more of a product of the game itself). And the Turnwheel is one of the best things the series has done and it makes bad maps much less painful. I want to see the Turnwheel in FE16, please IS.

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Ambush Spawns

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

because it's just plain poor design and adds nothing but frustration to the gameplay.

This is a bit of an unpopular opinion but i'm inclined to disagree. I agree that it adds nothing to the gameplay but frustration? Honestly no, in my opinion. I've always found that ambush spawns appear a good distance away from the player's army so they don't overwhelm you immediately and there's enough time for you to prepare your defenses. It's a common complaint i hear about Binding Blade but i've never actually seen the reason for it.

The two times ambush spawns are bad though is in Ch.21 in Binding Blade and Ch.27 in Blazing Blade and that's because they spawn when you pass certain points as opposed to it being turn-dependent like literally every other time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is a bit of an unpopular opinion but i'm inclined to disagree. I agree that it adds nothing to the gameplay but frustration? Honestly no, in my opinion. I've always found that ambush spawns appear a good distance away from the player's army so they don't overwhelm you immediately and there's enough time for you to prepare your defenses. It's a common complaint i hear about Binding Blade but i've never actually seen the reason for it.

The two times ambush spawns are bad though is in Ch.21 in Binding Blade and Ch.27 in Blazing Blade and that's because they spawn when you pass certain points as opposed to it being turn-dependent like literally every other time.

Maybe I should have specified that I was talking mainly about Awakening. Seriously, ambush spawns are the sole reason I'm never playing the hard difficulty on anything but casual (when I can play normal on classic just fine). I've lost track of the amount of times I've moved a healer or otherwise wounded unit outside of the enemies range, but close enough for the former to do their job, and for both to gain/give support bonuses, but then BAM! a reinforcement that I couldn't predict appears, expanding the danger area, and heading straight towards my healer, "killing" them. It wasn't just and every now and again thing either, nearly every single map that had reinforcements ended with Maribel or Lissa biting the dust.

I haven't gotten to far in Binding Blade (mostly because I have a crap ton of other games to finish first, and my free time at the moment is on the short side), but my first introduction to Rutger was him and his party moving on the turn they appeared, killing Ellen, Allen (who was heavily wounded at the time), Shanna, and Clairine in a single turn.

Considering that the reinforcements in the original Mystery of the Emblem were more of an annoyance than an actual problem, thought, I'll take your word for the later parts of the Binding Blade.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It gets even worse when the "death" of a unit means nothing in terms of the story, since the character that "died" just retreated. I don't mind if it's only a few characters that retreat for the sake of the story, but when it's basically ALL of them, it just feels cheap to me and basically serves no other purpose than rob you of one of your potentially valuable units. It's more of a hassle than actually threatening, since you never actually lose someone, except for a select few the developers thought to be disposable, I guess.

I see 'retreating after they "died"' as a necessary evil, just because there are many writing pitfalls that one can fall into if everyone died and it affected the story. Making everyone expendable comes with it's own pros and cons, though (almost no one has a story presence in the Binding Blade, for example, even with characters where it would make sense for them to pipe in every once in a while, because everyone except Merlinus and Roy can die. And despite not having played Fates, I've heard about the annoyance of having most of the cast retreat instead of dying on classic mode).

My problem is with the gameplay aspects of it. You have a limited number of overall units, as well as classes that are available to you. Some games handle this aspect better than others, but I hate it when I have to restart a chapter not just because I lost a character, but because I lost the gal that recruits an enemy guy, or because they're the only knight/healer at this point in the game, and I'm not getting another one for a long time, or because they're the only version of this unit in the whole game.

Thoughts of playing a pure ironman run turn sour for me whenever I realize these things.

Guest Dreamyboi
2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Avatars. These aren't really Avatars, these are just established characters that you can play dress-up with. In actuality, i have a love-hate relationship with these guys. I like their characters......in Support Conversations and spin-off material. There's some really good stuff to be found there. But story-wise......oooof. Like, ok, Robin wasn't that bad but even then, he shares traits with the other two Avatars and that's that he always has the right answers to everything and he can do no wrong. And even when the Avatars do fuck up, they just put a little band-aid on it because "we don't wanna hurt the player's feelings since the Avatar is supposed to be them."

I mostly agree, especially the bit I bolded. This right here is why the Avatar trend in FE needs to die, it's just an excuse for lazily written characters you can play dress up with that aren't fleshed out but also aren't avatars and they'll keep hurting the stories they're a part of if they keep showing up.

They really aren't even necessary, never were.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:
  • The Avatars. These aren't really Avatars, these are just established characters that you can play dress-up with. In actuality, i have a love-hate relationship with these guys. I like their characters......in Support Conversations and spin-off material. There's some really good stuff to be found there. But story-wise......oooof. Like, ok, Robin wasn't that bad but even then, he shares traits with the other two Avatars and that's that he always has the right answers to everything and he can do no wrong. And even when the Avatars do fuck up, they just put a little band-aid on it because "we don't wanna hurt the player's feelings since the Avatar is supposed to be them." FE Avatars are basically just bad Isekai anime protagonists but that's actually just a joke because not even Corrin is that bad. I've said it before and i'll say it again, if FE wants to keep having Avatars, they should take a page from Xenoblade Chronicles X. Cross is one of the best Avatars i've seen in gaming because he actually is one. He's not a pre-established character like FE's Avatars.

This isn't a problem exclusive to avatars though.  

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Maybe I should have specified that I was talking mainly about Awakening. Seriously, ambush spawns are the sole reason I'm never playing the hard difficulty on anything but casual (when I can play normal on classic just fine). I've lost track of the amount of times I've moved a healer or otherwise wounded unit outside of the enemies range, but close enough for the former to do their job, and for both to gain/give support bonuses, but then BAM! a reinforcement that I couldn't predict appears, expanding the danger area, and heading straight towards my healer, "killing" them. It wasn't just and every now and again thing either, nearly every single map that had reinforcements ended with Maribel or Lissa biting the dust.

Well in Awakening's case, i had that issue too at first but after playing the older games, i cam to the conclusion that it's less about the ambush spawns and more of just Awakening's maps are pretty bad. There's like no cover which is why ambush spawns are able to get you so easily.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I haven't gotten to far in Binding Blade (mostly because I have a crap ton of other games to finish first, and my free time at the moment is on the short side), but my first introduction to Rutger was him and his party moving on the turn they appeared, killing Ellen, Allen (who was heavily wounded at the time), Shanna, and Clairine in a single turn.

Yeah that one caught me off guard too but the cool thing about Binding Blade is that they warn you (most of the time) when reinforcements are gonna come. Remember Erik being like "bring more soldiers from the castle" or something like that. And then Rutger his party coming from the castle like 1 or 2 turns later? Yeah, that's how Binding Blade reinforcements work. Whenever you see the enemy talk about bringing reinforcements or something like that, that's when you know that the reinforcements are coming and it's time to prepare

55 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

This isn't a problem exclusive to avatars though.  

It's not but the Avatars take up to 11.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ehhh, i wouldn't say it exists in Fates. It'd be more accurate to say that it exists in spin-off material, mainly Heroes and Warriors. Like, people complain about Ike stealing all the glory in Radiant Dawn, which is a valid complaint but like,  you don't see him again after that, and if you do, it's a spin-off so the impact isn't.....as big of a deal. Like, FEH had Awakening/Fates pandering for the longest time and it could be annoying but when i put it into perspective, at least it's just in the spin-offs and not in the main series games. Which is why nothing will ever be as bad as Game Freak's blatant Gen 1 pandering. Gen 7 was filled to the brim with it and it arguably suffered because of it.

Gen 7 suffered because of many reasons, not just the Gen 1 pandering. Though I will agree that including Pokémon from older generations in the newer games is nothing short of stupid, since you always need to carry the baggage of the last generations with you to the new one, leaving less room for new stuff.

Anyway, I have to agree and disagree with you there. Agree, because I see a lot of Awakening and even more Fates in Heroes (even though I don't play it myself, I do read the news on the main page) and the Warriors devs clearly had a boner for the Royal siblings, but Fates is very, VERY guilty of the latter as well. The Royals are always in the centre, which I understand, since they are the protagonists, but there are characters that exist solely to make the Royals look better by comparison / to tell you that the Royal siblings are so awesome and infallible. 
Cases in point: Effie, Hana, Beruka, Selena, Odin, Laslow, Peri, Saizo. The former three are probably the most egregious examples of this, since they carry this over into their other supports. And it's not just them. Nearly every support the Royals have always makes them look like complete saints while their given partner gets to look like a bumbling idiot or like an asshole that DARES speak up against them. The ones that don't do this spend all their time gushing how awesome any given Royal is.

And that's not even getting into the gameplay yet. You KNOW they made sure the Royals look better during gameplay, either due to complete OP personal weapons (Raijinto, Siegfried, arguably Fujin Yumi) or far superior growth rates to everyone else of their class / role (Camilla, Hinoka, Sakura, Elise). The only one who isn't affected by this is arguably Leo.
Speaking of personal weapons, the Raijinto and Siegfried are even more OP than the Yato, the sword of the alleged "Mary Sue" (I hate that word) Corrin, because they have unrestricted 1-2 range, while the Yato is stuck at 1-range forever.

Maybe I'm turning the gadfly into an elephant as my grandma would say, but people always talk about how everyone in Fates bends over backwards for Corrin while ignoring that the Royals are just as bad, if not worse.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Cases in point: Effie, Hana, Beruka, Selena, Odin, Laslow, Peri, Saizo. The former three are probably the most egregious examples of this, since they carry this over into their other supports. And it's not just them. Nearly every support the Royals have always makes them look like complete saints while their given partner gets to look like a bumbling idiot or like an asshole that DARES speak up against them. The ones that don't do this spend all their time gushing how awesome any given Royal is.

I never once noticed this

And that's not even getting into the gameplay yet. You KNOW they made sure the Royals look better during gameplay, either due to complete OP personal weapons (Raijinto, Siegfried, arguably Fujin Yumi) or far superior growth rates to everyone else of their class / role (Camilla, Hinoka, Sakura, Elise). The only one who isn't affected by this is arguably Leo.

Boi, Hinoka isn't that great and the little sisters are pretty average actually. Xander is amazing but in Conquest, he isn't a delete button. Ryoma in Birthright on the other hand..........yeah, there's like no strategy in Birthright.

Speaking of personal weapons, the Raijinto and Siegfried are even more OP than the Yato, the sword of the alleged "Mary Sue" (I hate that word) Corrin, because they have unrestricted 1-2 range, while the Yato is stuck at 1-range forever.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last. In the Archanea games, the Falchion is weaker than Mercurius (and the other two Regalia weapons, i think). In Awakening,  the Wolf Berg is more powerful than the Exalted Falchion (though it's got limited uses).

And besides, the Omega Yato grants +4 to Str/Spd/Def/Res, something that Siegfried and Raijinto don't do. There's more to a weapon than just range. 

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I never once noticed this

Bless your heart then. I wish I hadn't either. I might still enjoy playing Fates without skipping any conversation the Royals appear in.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Boi, Hinoka isn't that great and the little sisters are pretty average actually. Xander is amazing but in Conquest, he isn't a delete button. Ryoma in Birthright on the other hand..........yeah, there's like no strategy in Birthright.

Hinoka is still better than Subaki, though (I have nothing against that, I'm just observing).
As for the little sisters being average... Elise is a living nuke once she promotes, the strongest magic user in Fates bar none, and Sakura is just as amazing as a Priestess. Even with E-rank weapons, their damage output will easily dwarf most of your army's.
Obligatory Ryoma is overrated comment is obligatory.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last. In the Archanea games, the Falchion is weaker than Mercurius (and the other two Regalia weapons, i think). In Awakening,  the Wolf Berg is more powerful than the Exalted Falchion (though it's got limited uses).

And besides, the Omega Yato grants +4 to Str/Spd/Def/Res, something that Siegfried and Raijinto don't do. There's more to a weapon than just range. 

I am well aware that this wasn't the first time that has happened. It was just an observation as people like to call Corrin out on being a Mary Sue, when in reality, they don't even have the best weapon in the game.
+4 to those four stats is incredible, yes, but you only have that for two chapters at most. Also, the enemies in Fates love to attack at range and unrestricted 1-2 range is too good in this game, just look at Daggers and the Point Blank skill.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Elise is a living nuke once she promotes, the strongest magic user in Fates bar none

Actually, Ophelia is the strongest. Granted, if Elise is her mother but Ophelia is still the strongest magic user.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

+4 to those four stats is incredible, yes, but you only have that for two chapters at most. Also, the enemies in Fates love to attack at range and unrestricted 1-2 range is too good in this game, just look at Daggers and the Point Blank skill.

It's true that having 1-2 range is great in Fates but it's not a necessity. Effie's considered one of the best units in the game despite lacking that 2-range.

Oh and Point Blank is very rare.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually, Ophelia is the strongest. Granted, if Elise is her mother but Ophelia is still the strongest magic user.

Oh yeah, I forgot she was in Fates for a moment there.
Difference is that you only need a Master Seal or Witch Seal to get Elise to be a nuke. For Ophelia, you're forced to deploy Odin for at least 5 whole chapters and have Elise constantly stick close to him, so she can't perform her healing duties elsewhere. Conquest and children don't go together that well.
Actually, Elise's base Magic growth without factoring in class growths is actually 10% higher than Ophelia's with Elise as her mother, so if you reclass Elise to Dark Mage (through marriage) or Witch (you can even get a free Witch seal), she'll be stronger. 

Though that won't change the fact that Elise is still squishy, I'll give you that, but in terms of raw power, she has her ideal daughter beat.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's true that having 1-2 range is great in Fates but it's not a necessity. Effie's considered one of the best units in the game despite lacking that 2-range.

Oh and Point Blank is very rare.

I was speaking more from a player perspective when I talked about Point Blank. If you have the DLC and the patience to grind the scroll / manual, you won't even recognize your bow users anymore. A 10 Move Kinshi-Knight Mozu with Point Blank is insane on Revelation, let me tell you that much.

Edited by DragonFlames