Falchion deserved much more

Jotari

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hell, now its confirmed she made a Falchion before even that one.

Yes, she most definitely made the Valencian Falchion long before Jugdral as Duma and Mila split off from everyone else even before the Earth Dragon war.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, she most definitely made the Valencian Falchion long before Jugdral as Duma and Mila split off from everyone else even before the Earth Dragon war.

Mhm. However, now there's the confirmation that Marth likely as a Brand and Divine Dragon blood now. 

22 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

They said Valm's Falchion required a brand, they never mentioned anything about Archanea's Falchion.

Chapter 21
Those who carry the divine dragon’s blood and bear her mark can draw out the Kingsfang’s true strength and manifest their royal power.

14 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I've seen the timeline, its referring to the Valentian Falchion. 

It isn't referring to just the Valentian Falchion. Falchion is merely the name given to the Kingsfang, aka Naga's fang.

The Valentian Falchion is able to be wielded because Duma gave his blood to Rigel that allows them to be able to wield Falchion. But ultimately, the Kingsfang requires both Divine Blood and the Brand to be able to be held. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

It isn't referring to just the Valentian Falchion. Falchion is merely the name given to the Kingsfang, aka Naga's fang.

The Valentian Falchion is able to be wielded because Duma gave his blood to Rigel that allows them to be able to wield Falchion. But ultimately, the Kingsfang requires both Divine Blood and the Brand to be able to be held. 

The timeline directly talks about the Valentian Falchion right before that, its clearly referring to it.

Anything else is speculation.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The timeline directly talks about the Valentian Falchion right before that, its clearly referring to it.

Anything else is speculation.

You mean this?

Chapter 19
The ruler of the divine dragons was merciful, so before Duma departed, she gave him one of her own fangs, the Kingsfang.
(Official)

Chapter 20
Falchion was the name given to the blade carved from the Kingsfang. It was a sword of beginnings, an incarnation of the ruler herself.
(Official)

Chapter 21
Those who carry the divine dragon’s blood and bear her mark can draw out the Kingsfang’s true strength and manifest their royal power.
(Official)

Yeah, mind telling how this directly confirms that this is tied ONLY to the Valentian Falchion? 

Naga's fangs are referred to as the Kingsfang. Falchion is the name of the weapon carved from the Kingsfang. And you need the blood of a Divine Dragon and a Brand to use it's power. 

So this is tying to the Archanean Falchion as well. Meaning this is a new retcon or added lore. 

Since Marth is theorized to be the descendant of Seliph/Sigurd, he would at the very least have the possibility of having Minor Naga Blood. At the very least. At best, he does have Major Naga Blood. 

Not to mention, Falchion being called an incarnation of Naga herself only adds to the lore that Falchion's power rival's Naga's own. 

So Falchion ≥ Book of Naga.

On 19/03/2018 at 6:16 PM, Jotari said:

in that game it protected Marth from all melee weapons

Wow, why don't I remember that?

I played the original nes game at least three times and I forgot so many things about it because of the sequels. I was arguing like a dumbass the other day that Mercurius wasn't locked to Marth and could swear I used it with another unit in the nes game. I was wrong.

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Wow, why don't I remember that?

I played the original nes game at least three times and I forgot so many things about it because of the sequels. I was arguing like a dumbass the other day that Mercurius wasn't locked to Marth and could swear I used it with another unit in the nes game. I was wrong.

Well you only have Falchion for about two chapters and it doesn't protect him from Manaketes, which make up most of the forces of those last two chapters, so it's pretty understandable that someone might miss that ability (and the fact that it's only ever around for two chapters is all the more reason it should have some impressive stats/abilities).