Jump to content
Jotari

Is Ishtar really a good match for Julius?

Recommended Posts

So we're left pretty much with guess work as to how holy blood works when you lumpt three different blood lines together. The games seem to run with the fact that one of them inexplicably gets ignore. Seliph has no Loptyr blood, Julius has no Naga in him etc. But what we do know, is that when two people breed, if they have the same minor blood, there's a good chance they'll make a major blood. Their own major blood doesn't necessarily affect this. Deirdre and Alvis managed to conceive a Loptyr major despite havingn Naga and Fala major respectively (they also conceived a Naga major and presumably could make a Fala Major too).

So with all that being said, I reckon Ishtar was a pretty poor choice to be Julius' mate. If the two of them breed, it seems they've only a 33% chance of conceiving another heir for Loptyr. They could just as easily create a major Tordo or major Fala. If our ugenics experts are really into the game, then they should be having Julius breed with someone who's completely normal to guarantee a loptyr heir. We know suitable people from the nobility must exist since Gen 2 is apperantly the first time families started intermarrying en masse (Deirdre and Alvis are the only examples of mixed blood that I can think of from Gen 1).

But perhaps the whole mixing of blood lines was intentional. Other holy bloods didn't exist during the first empires. Maybe Manfroy wants to make Loptyr even more powerful by including holy blood from the other gods. In which case, I still think that pesky minor Fala blood Ishtar is lugging around is problematic. You don't want another bloodline overrriding Loptyr completely. He should be married to someone without Fala blood to reduce the probablility to an even 50-50. So with that in mind, I suggest that Julius should have been paired with Altena. This would give their off spring descent from five of the noble houses, including Loptyr. And the only chance of the child not being Major loptyr is if it's major Noba. Additionally, and possibly an even more important point, it would be the perfect way to sieze control of one of the last free lands on the continent as Altena is officially a princess of Thracia. And, wouldn't that kind of make for a bit more exciting a story? Leif's sister isn't just his enemy, it's the enemy that's bonking satan! Ishtore's easy for them to fight, only Tailtu's kids have much reason to feel conflicted (and with the abuse they received that's easily buried). But if it was Altena marching against the liberation army in that last chapter, it would be much more difficult for their leaders to fight. Of course, this is assuming Travant would be on for such a union. Hard to say how he might feel about it.

So eh...yeah. I ship Altena and Julius, even though they don't share a single line of dialogue with each other. Just thought I'd share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So with all that being said, I reckon Ishtar was a pretty poor choice to be Julius' mate. If the two of them breed, it seems they've only a 33% chance of conceiving another heir for Loptyr. They could just as easily create a major Tordo or major Fala. If our ugenics experts are really into the game, then they should be having Julius breed with someone who's completely normal to guarantee a loptyr heir. We know suitable people from the nobility must exist since Gen 2 is apperantly the first time families started intermarrying en masse (Deirdre and Alvis are the only examples of mixed blood that I can think of from Gen 1).

Actually, despite explaining how Holy Blood works, based on what we've learned with Loptyr, literally every first gen that the Galles had were Major Loptyr Blood, and in one generation, a second one was born with Minor, being Maera. 

I think due to how powerful Naga and Loptyr are, their blood seems to just be more powerful and have a much higher chance to be inherited before others. Seliph got major Baldr Blood and Minor Naga blood, while with Julius and Julia, Julius is Major Loptyr and Minor Fjala, and Julia being Major Naga and Minor Fjala. So if Julius got that blood, if he got with Ishtar, it would more like be a case of the firstborn being Major Loptyr Blood and Minor either Fjala, or Minor Thrud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, despite explaining how Holy Blood works, based on what we've learned with Loptyr, literally every first gen that the Galles had were Major Loptyr Blood, and in one generation, a second one was born with Minor, being Maera. 

I think due to how powerful Naga and Loptyr are, their blood seems to just be more powerful and have a much higher chance to be inherited before others. Seliph got major Baldr Blood and Minor Naga blood, while with Julius and Julia, Julius is Major Loptyr and Minor Fjala, and Julia being Major Naga and Minor Fjala. So if Julius got that blood, if he got with Ishtar, it would more like be a case of the firstborn being Major Loptyr Blood and Minor either Fjala, or Minor Thrud. 

Naga isn't displayed to be any more powerful than the other bloods, precisely because Seliph got minor Naga. And he was even the first born of Deirdre's children. Additionally, the fact that Julia and Seliph have no Loptyr blood, not even minor, is a pretty good suggestion that Loptyr works just like regular holy blood too. The fact that all the Galles had Major Loptyr is just the same as all the first born children of the regular holy bloods being major. That's a standard rule, it only gets complicated when other holy bloods are put in the mix (also since there was public burnings of people with Loptyr blood, I don't think Maria was the only second child of the centuries old royal family).

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Naga isn't displayed to be any more powerful than the other bloods, precisely because Seliph got minor Naga. And he was even the first born of Deirdre's children. Additionally, the fact that Julia has no Loptyr blood, not even minor, is a pretty good suggestion that Loptyr works just like regular holy blood too. The fact that all the Galles had Major Loptyr is just the same as all the first born children of the regular holy bloods being major. That's a standard rule, it only gets complicated when other holy bloods are put in the mix (also since there was public burnings of people with Loptyr blood, I don't think Maria was the only second child of the centuries old royal family).

Not necessarily. This is because in the Hezul Blood, the Major Blood ended up going to the youngest daughter of Hezul that was married off. While yes, perhaps there are cases of the Naga and Loptyr Blood still functioning in similar rules, I think there are more cases of there being exceptions for them than others. 

Julia for Minor Fjala Blood, same as Julius. They simply got the Naga and Loptyr Blood in Major case respectively. This could very well be the case in how they are twins. 

However, even if the firstborn between Ishtar and Julius does not result in a Major Loptyr Blood born first, they would try again. Holy Blood is still very powerful, so there's a very high chance of getting Major Loptyr blood through someone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at how holy blood gets passed down, Major bloods get priority, and only do so once. For Julius and Ishtar, chances are more leaning to 50%, not 33%, because the first two children will inherit major blood (Loptyr, then Tordo, or vice versa), regardless of order (although the argument can be made the father's major passes down first). It's possible the third child may also get major, due to the union of both minor Fala.

The same case can be seen with Arvis. His Major Fala went to Saias. Then, in his union with Dierdre, the Major Naga passed down be cause MAjor Fala already did, in a previous union. And then, it was the union of both Minor Loptyr. I think it is stated Julius is the younger twin, giving credence to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not necessarily. This is because in the Hezul Blood, the Major Blood ended up going to the youngest daughter of Hezul that was married off. While yes, perhaps there are cases of the Naga and Loptyr Blood still functioning in similar rules, I think there are more cases of there being exceptions for them than others. 

Julia for Minor Fjala Blood, same as Julius. They simply got the Naga and Loptyr Blood in Major case respectively. This could very well be the case in how they are twins. 

However, even if the firstborn between Ishtar and Julius does not result in a Major Loptyr Blood born first, they would try again. Holy Blood is still very powerful, so there's a very high chance of getting Major Loptyr blood through someone. 

It might only be a headcannon, but I firmly believe that the reason Hezul major blood passed to his youngest child is because she was the only one he conceived after the blood bond (I also firmly believe the Crusader Sety slept around a lot given the inordinate amount of minor Sety blood going around in random minor bosses). We have over a dozen examples to work with and that's the only one where the elder children (plural) don't inherit any holy blood at all (though we do have several examples were younger children don't inherit minor holy blood).

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking at how holy blood gets passed down, Major bloods get priority, and only do so once. For Julius and Ishtar, chances are more leaning to 50%, not 33%, because the first two children will inherit major blood (Loptyr, then Tordo, or vice versa), regardless of order (although the argument can be made the father's major passes down first). It's possible the third child may also get major, due to the union of both minor Fala.

The same case can be seen with Arvis. His Major Fala went to Saias. Then, in his union with Dierdre, the Major Naga passed down be cause MAjor Fala already did, in a previous union. And then, it was the union of both Minor Loptyr. I think it is stated Julius is the younger twin, giving credence to this.

Major blood does indeed get priority, but I'd also point out that uniting two minor bloods can trump the whole one Major per generation rule, as demonstrated with how you can have three major Odos in your own army. So I reckon Julius and Ishtar getting together has an equal chance of creating a Major Fala child, even with Saias or his potential children being the major Fala representitives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Major blood does indeed get priority, but I'd also point out that uniting two minor bloods can trump the whole one Major per generation rule, as demonstrated with how you can have three major Odos in your own army. So I reckon Julius and Ishtar getting together has an equal chance of creating a Major Fala child, even with Saias or his potential children being the major Fala representitives.

Union of minors is not the same as when Major blood is present. Major blood by itself passes down once, that doesn't change. A union of two minors (or Major+Minor) doesn't have a limit, as it can be seen with IraxHolyn or ClaudexSylvia. But once again, Major bloods get priority, so with Julius and Ishtar both the Major Loptyr and Major Torod get priority over the Minor Falas. So it won't be until the third child that a MAjor Fala would appear. And perhaps, every child afterwards will be Major Fala.

Again, back with Arvis, it took until his third child for the Major Loptyr to appear, despite having another Minor Loptyr in his spouse since the second, because said spouse also had a Major blood that had yet to pass down (and after ARvis's own MAjor passed down to his first). It's probable that if he and Dierdre had a third child, said child could've been also MAjor Loptyr.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jotari said:

It might only be a headcannon, but I firmly believe that the reason Hezul major blood passed to his youngest child is because she was the only one he conceived after the blood bond (I also firmly believe the Crusader Sety slept around a lot given the inordinate amount of minor Sety blood going around in random minor bosses). We have over a dozen examples to work with and that's the only one where the elder children (plural) don't inherit any holy blood at all (though we do have several examples were younger children don't inherit minor holy blood).

That is definitely a headcanon logic there no doubt. 

Though we have to remember that over a hundred years passed before the story of Genealogy kicked in. Doesn't have to be Sety per se. Though I do admit that it's strange that Daccar and Maios don't show any Holy Blood. It might be possible that they were supposed to, but the designers of the game forgot to encode it into it. Wouldn't be the first time they did that, as Hilda in the final chapter had Major Dain Blood, when it should be Minor Fjala Blood.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Union of minors is not the same as when Major blood is present. Major blood itself passes down once, that doesn't change. A union of two minors (or Major+Minor) doesn't have a limit, as it can be seen with IraxHolyn or ClaudexSylvia. But once again, Major bloods get priority, so with Julius and Ishtar both the Major Loptyr and Major Torod get priority over the Minor Falas. So it won't be until the third child that a MAjor Fala would appear. And perhaps, every child afterwards will be Major Fala.

That's really if Ishtar has Minor Fjala Blood. Otherwise, Fjala Blood will only be Minor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's really if Ishtar has Minor Fjala Blood. Otherwise, Fjala Blood will only be Minor. 

No, that is taking into acount Minor Fala.

Julius only has Major Loptyr to pass down once, Ishtar only has Major Tordo to pass down once, as those bloods don't overlap. However, both having Minor Fala, said union is going to create Major everytime afterwards. OR you mean IShtar herself doesn't habe Minor Fala?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

No, that is taking into acount Minor Fala.

Julius only has Major Loptyr to pass down once, Ishtar only has Major Tordo to pass down once, as those bloods don't overlap. However, both having Minor Fala, said union is going to create Major everytime afterwards.

No, I'm saying that that would only be the case if Ishtar has Minor Blood. Cause in the game, it shows she only possesses Major Thrud Blood, and no Minor Blood in her at all, despite how her mother has Minor Fjala Blood. This could be as I said above be a coding error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, I'm saying that that would only be the case if Ishtar has Minor Blood. Cause in the game, it shows she only possesses Major Thrud Blood, and no Minor Blood in her at all, despite how her mother has Minor Fjala Blood. This could be as I said above be a coding error.

Huh? She doesn't? Could have sworn she did. The family tree lists her with minor Fala (but doesn't list Levin's uncles or Scipio as having any holy blood). It's possible Hilda wasn't meant to have any holy blood at all, and both of her appearances are a mistake. Alternatively, inuniverse, nobody is aware that Hilda has holy blood, as aside from tracing lineage, it's not actually possible to tell (maybe).

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Union of minors is not the same as when Major blood is present. Major blood by itself passes down once, that doesn't change. A union of two minors (or Major+Minor) doesn't have a limit, as it can be seen with IraxHolyn or ClaudexSylvia. But once again, Major bloods get priority, so with Julius and Ishtar both the Major Loptyr and Major Torod get priority over the Minor Falas. So it won't be until the third child that a MAjor Fala would appear. And perhaps, every child afterwards will be Major Fala.

Again, back with Arvis, it took until his third child for the Major Loptyr to appear, despite having another Minor Loptyr in his spouse since the second, because said spouse also had a Major blood that had yet to pass down (and after ARvis's own MAjor passed down to his first). It's probable that if he and Dierdre had a third child, said child could've been also MAjor Loptyr.

Hold on, what about Galzus, how has the mark of Odo. That strongly suggests both he and Shannon inherited major holy blood, as there's no other references (to my knowledge) of minor holy blood coming with a mark. Though I suppose it's possible Galzus' parents were just incestious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Huh? She doesn't? Could have sworn she did. The family tree lists her with minor Fala (but doesn't list Levin's uncles or Scipio as having any holy blood). It's possible Hilda wasn't meant to have any holy blood at all, and both of her appearances are a mistake. Alternatively, inuniverse, nobody is aware that Hilda has holy blood, as aside from tracing lineage, it's not actually possible to tell (maybe).

Yeah, it wasn't expressly explained how they can keep track. Well, the noble families can, but not sure the others. 

As for family trees, I use this to look over the bloodlines:

jugdral_family_tree.jpg

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hold on, what about Galzus, how has the mark of Odo. That strongly suggests both he and Shannon inherited major holy blood, as there's no other references (to my knowledge) of minor holy blood coming with a mark. Though I suppose it's possible Galzus' parents were just incestious.

Incest is a major case in Genealogy. For Claud, literally only 2 possible child units can inherit the Valkyrie Staff, being Ced from Erinys, and Coirpre from Sylvia, and Sylvia is potentially Claud's sister or distant cousin. 

As for Galzus having it, it seems lie Galzus is the son of Maricle's sister, and Maricle is Shanan's father. This could very well be a rare case of two people inheriting Major Blood from another Major Blood parent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, it wasn't expressly explained how they can keep track. Well, the noble families can, but not sure the others. 

As for family trees, I use this to look over the bloodlines:

jugdral_family_tree.jpg

Incest is a major case in Genealogy. For Claud, literally only 2 possible child units can inherit the Valkyrie Staff, being Ced from Erinys, and Coirpre from Sylvia, and Sylvia is potentially Claud's sister or distant cousin. 

As for Galzus having it, it seems lie Galzus is the son of Maricle's sister, and Maricle is Shanan's father. This could very well be a rare case of two people inheriting Major Blood from another Major Blood parent.

Could have sworn the family tree gave Ishtar minor Fala. Guess I must have imagined the entire thing. Probably should have fact checked before making this thread (still like the Julius Altena pairing though). Speaking of Galzus, isn't it a bit strange that he's the same generation as Shannon? He's at least ten years older than Shannon, possibly more, he looks to be well into his forties. He has a daughter Leif's age so by all rights he should be from Quan and Sigurd's generation. Maricle's sister must have gotten married pretty young. Which isn't actually all that unlikely now that I think about it. Anyway, what I was suggesting for Galzus is that Maricle's sister had minor holy blood, as did the Rivough's Chief that she married. I'm guessing her having major holy blood is extrapolation given she doesn't even have a name.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Could have sworn the family tree gave Ishtar minor Fala. Guess I must have imagined the entire thing. Probably should have fact checked before making this thread (still like the Julius Altena pairing though). Speaking of Galzus, isn't it a bit strange that he's the same generation as Shannon? He's at least ten years older than Shannon, possibly more, he looks to be well into his forties. He has a daughter Leif's age so by all rights he should be from Quan and Sigurd's generation. Maricle's sister must have gotten married pretty young. Which isn't actually all that unlikely now that I think about it. Anyway, what I was suggesting for Galzus is that Maricle's sister had minor holy blood, as did the Rivough's Chief that she married. I'm guessing her having major holy blood is extrapolation given she doesn't even have a name.

Given how things are, this is organized with the eldest child being from left to right. So the Sister that gives birth to Galzus was older than her brother that has Shanan. Nothing suggests exactly how old, and yes, like you said, could have given birth when she was still fairly young, like 16 or so.

Not everything in these things are fully explained. Kaga may tell some incredibly well written stories, but he doesn't fully explain some of the minor details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Given how things are, this is organized with the eldest child being from left to right. So the Sister that gives birth to Galzus was older than her brother that has Shanan. Nothing suggests exactly how old, and yes, like you said, could have given birth when she was still fairly young, like 16 or so.

Not everything in these things are fully explained. Kaga may tell some incredibly well written stories, but he doesn't fully explain some of the minor details.

I expect her being elder than Mannan is another guess. Hard to check given she's never mentioned in the game and only comes from one Japanese source. If she legitimately is older, then it definitely is a strange case. Would throw out all the established rules of Holy Blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I expect her being elder than Mannan is another guess. Hard to check given she's never mentioned in the game and only comes from one Japanese source. If she legitimately is older, then it definitely is a strange case. Would throw out all the established rules of Holy Blood.

Not really. Like I said, her and Mannan may in fact be just a very rare case of how the Holy Blood works. Kaga said that they generally work very randomly. So literally anything could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Isaach siblings, Ira is only Maricle's half-sister. No word if Galzus's mother is also half or fully related to either siblings. But the point is that Mannanan had more than one wife, so it's possible Galzus's grandmother had Minor Odo, or not, depending if she's not Maricle's mother as well. Ira only having Minor would suggest she and her sister could go either way regarding sharing or not the same mother.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Kaga may tell some incredibly well written stories, but he doesn't fully explain some of the minor details.

In his defense, I think that was often intentional as he wanted them to feel like real worlds where not everything is fully explained.

Anyway, on topic, I'm also going to say that there seems to be a divide between how holy blood behaves in the games, consistently, and how it behaves in the lore, which seems to be fairly random. I don't remember the source, think it might've been on SF, but I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where Kaga basically said as much that holy blood inheritance is pretty random.

I don't remember where exactly I got this impression, but I sort of took things as that Julius and Ishtar had been together before he got corrupted/possessed and that what we saw was the remnants of that relationship. On Ishtar's end, that being that she still remember Julius as the kind person he'd been (I believe that it was stated that he was pretty nice before Loptyr), and on Julius's end, that even with whatever his deal with Loptyr was, not everything from original him was completely gone and he still had feelings for Ishtar. If that's the case, even if Manfroy disapproved, I don't think he's going to tell his god that he should break up with his girlfriend.

Also, of course it's a good combination. Their kids would have wrath + vantage and either high magic and skill (Fala/Tordo or Loptyr/Tordo) or super high magic (Fala/Loptyr).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

In his defense, I think that was often intentional as he wanted them to feel like real worlds where not everything is fully explained.

Anyway, on topic, I'm also going to say that there seems to be a divide between how holy blood behaves in the games, consistently, and how it behaves in the lore, which seems to be fairly random. I don't remember the source, think it might've been on SF, but I'm pretty sure I saw an interview where Kaga basically said as much that holy blood inheritance is pretty random.

I don't remember where exactly I got this impression, but I sort of took things as that Julius and Ishtar had been together before he got corrupted/possessed and that what we saw was the remnants of that relationship. On Ishtar's end, that being that she still remember Julius as the kind person he'd been (I believe that it was stated that he was pretty nice before Loptyr), and on Julius's end, that even with whatever his deal with Loptyr was, not everything from original him was completely gone and he still had feelings for Ishtar. If that's the case, even if Manfroy disapproved, I don't think he's going to tell his god that he should break up with his girlfriend.

Also, of course it's a good combination. Their kids would have wrath + vantage and either high magic and skill (Fala/Tordo or Loptyr/Tordo) or super high magic (Fala/Loptyr).

I get the impression that Ishtar and Julius were kind of pushed together by Hilda though. They like each other well enough, but it's not like they met at a bar or something. If Julius knew her prepossession then they've known each other since they were young children. I think it's said Julius killed Deirdre seven years ago and, to me, he looks to be about 14~16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I get the impression that Ishtar and Julius were kind of pushed together by Hilda though. They like each other well enough, but it's not like they met at a bar or something. If Julius knew her prepossession then they've known each other since they were young children. I think it's said Julius killed Deirdre seven years ago and, to me, he looks to be about 14~16.

Hilda definitely is pushing them together, but Julius genuinely loves Ishtar. In fact, Ishtar is pretty much the ONLY form of human emotion that Julius has left despite the corruption by Loptyr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I get the impression that Ishtar and Julius were kind of pushed together by Hilda though. They like each other well enough, but it's not like they met at a bar or something. If Julius knew her prepossession then they've known each other since they were young children. I think it's said Julius killed Deirdre seven years ago and, to me, he looks to be about 14~16.

I was never real sure on when exactly Julius got possessed. Certain things made it seem like a long time, but other things made it seem more recent, like maybe a couple years. On ages, I always took him to be about 18ish, granted 9 and 11 aren't terribly different age-wise if it was 7 years, but with FE and the pre-GBA games especially, ages seem rather difficult to discern just based on appearances.

As for their relationship, maybe it was one of those arranged marriages where the kids know each other from when they're really young? One thing that makes me think there's some credence to this is that everything presents Ishtar as a dutiful, but kind person. While she does support her father and mother, who are both terrible people, it seemed like she had an actual affection for Julius and if she'd only ever known him as possessed, then I can't imagine she'd actually have anything more than a sense of duty toward him for the sake of her house.

Then again, it's been years since I played 4 or 5 so it's all pretty hazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julius can't be more older than 17, being that the time gap between the two parts of the games. I don't think Dierdre was already pregnant when the BoB happened, so then Julius is around 16-17, assuming he and Julia were conceived not that long afterwards.

Considering how Hilda wants to be rise through the nobility ladder, it certainly sounds like the bethrodal was made when the two were very young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I was never real sure on when exactly Julius got possessed. Certain things made it seem like a long time, but other things made it seem more recent, like maybe a couple years. On ages, I always took him to be about 18ish, granted 9 and 11 aren't terribly different age-wise if it was 7 years, but with FE and the pre-GBA games especially, ages seem rather difficult to discern just based on appearances.

As for their relationship, maybe it was one of those arranged marriages where the kids know each other from when they're really young? One thing that makes me think there's some credence to this is that everything presents Ishtar as a dutiful, but kind person. While she does support her father and mother, who are both terrible people, it seemed like she had an actual affection for Julius and if she'd only ever known him as possessed, then I can't imagine she'd actually have anything more than a sense of duty toward him for the sake of her house.

Then again, it's been years since I played 4 or 5 so it's all pretty hazy.

Julius went mad and killed his mother when he first touched the Book if Loptyr, but I still think the possession was a rather gradual thing. He frequently gets fevers in Thracia 776 and it's clear that upon his defeat in the final battle, the possession has made a giant leap forward as he sees himself as Loptyr. Much like Levin, death probably brought that leap forward, but I reckon he would have eventually got to that stage regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another issue with the whole only the first born child gets the holy blood: Alvis can't possibly be the first person to get someone knocked up before his marriage. Imagine nobody in the royal family can use Holsety because the son of a prostitute in Agustria somewhere inherited the Major Holy Blood. Although, if they were forced to integrate the mother of whatever children they first have, then it would explain why like a third of the dukes and kings seem to have two spouses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Another issue with the whole only the first born child gets the holy blood: Alvis can't possibly be the first person to get someone knocked up before his marriage. Imagine nobody in the royal family can use Holsety because the son of a prostitute in Agustria somewhere inherited the Major Holy Blood. Although, if they were forced to integrate the mother of whatever children they first have, then it would explain why like a third of the dukes and kings seem to have two spouses.

The first child doesn't necessarily get the holy blood, cfr. Ishtat and Ishtor. It was confirmed (don't remember where exactly) that Ishtor is the older sibling, yet has minor blood. My theory is that the holy blood makes its own choice and picks the most suitable heir, which is usually, but not necessarily the first. It's a fantasy world so we can easily defy logic :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...