Is Ishtar really a good match for Julius?

Jotari

54 minutes ago, EnjolrasMTA said:

The first child doesn't necessarily get the holy blood, cfr. Ishtat and Ishtor. It was confirmed (don't remember where exactly) that Ishtor is the older sibling, yet has minor blood. My theory is that the holy blood makes its own choice and picks the most suitable heir, which is usually, but not necessarily the first. It's a fantasy world so we can easily defy logic :p

I've been scanning the games script and interviews looking for any mention of which is older between Blume's children, because I suspected just that, but I came up with nothing. Ishtore is almost as shafted as Dannan when it comes to plot.

Edited by Jotari

On Saias, I don't there is a hard rule demanding that the firstborn gets Major Holy Blood. Saias existing wasn't necessary to explain why Julia or Julius didn't get it, it just could have been pure random luck that the Major Fjalar Blood didn't get passed on.

There is more evidence than just Ishtar and Ishtore about Major not always going to the firstborn.

Spoiler

Page 73: Leen & Corple

Cairpre clearly appears to be younger than Lynn (the other artwork doesn't make it as apparent, but it is still true visually in those cases), but if given Lewyn as a father, Cairpre and not Lynn inherits the Major Forseti. 

I do wonder, though, how much is the gameplay meddled there. Since as a rule daughters inherit from their mothers, and sons from their fathers. The only exceptions are Leaf, Altenna, Faval, and Patty. But then, would Faval really inheirt from Briggid if his class hadn't been an archer like her as well?

But well, where does the lore ends and gameplay begins? Can't comment on Blume's kids, since I'd need to see where it says who is really the older one.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:42 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

I do wonder, though, how much is the gameplay meddled there. Since as a rule daughters inherit from their mothers, and sons from their fathers. The only exceptions are Leaf, Altenna, Faval, and Patty. But then, would Faval really inheirt from Briggid if his class hadn't been an archer like her as well?

But well, where does the lore ends and gameplay begins? Can't comment on Blume's kids, since I'd need to see where it says who is really the older one.

Ishtore is older than Ishtar.

3 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the game.

I'm at work so I can't check the game now, but searching the web gives similar result

https://dic.pixiv.net/a/イシュトー

http://mrg.sakura.ne.jp/pm/fe/character/fe02/freege/ishtar.html

As I mentioned earlier, I've already checked the game, at least the English script, I wouldn't be surprised if Ishtar calls him big brother as oppoesed to brother in the original translation, as we don't really have a single word for it in English. It doesn't really matter much in the end as Corple makes a clearer example of the younger child getting the Holy Blood.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Saias, I don't there is a hard rule demanding that the firstborn gets Major Holy Blood. Saias existing wasn't necessary to explain why Julia or Julius didn't get it, it just could have been pure random luck that the Major Fjalar Blood didn't get passed on.

There is more evidence than just Ishtar and Ishtore about Major not always going to the firstborn.

Hide contents

Page 73: Leen & Corple

Cairpre clearly appears to be younger than Lynn (the other artwork doesn't make it as apparent, but it is still true visually in those cases), but if given Lewyn as a father, Cairpre and not Lynn inherits the Major Forseti. 

I believe there's also in-game evidence for Lene/Lynn being older as well. In the Ch.5 conversation with Alec, Sylvia only mentions Lene/Lynn, and makes no mention of Coirpre. Alec also uses the singular version of surprise, suggesting only Lene/Lynn has been born. This makes her about 16-17. Kind of weird that Lene/Lynn is one of the only "big sisters" in the army. 9 pairs of siblings and only 2 of them feature a big sister. 3 if Larcei is the older twin.

I don't recall if Coirpre's age is stated, but I believe Kaga/Thracia 776 implies he's around 14-15 or something. I'm just going off on memory.

Lene reclassing to a cleric in a PME is always fun, imo. She gets her rightful claim to the Valkyrie staff.