My Top 10 Newcomers for Super Smash Bros. Switch

Gregster101

I've seen other people post characters they wanna see in the new Smash, so I figured I'd post 10 new characters I would like to see as well. I'll be going with two rules for this; 1. No veterans, so I won't include characters like the Ice Climbers and Wolf (even though I would like to see both of them come back) and 2. No characters who didn't debut in a video game (I'm looking at you Goku and Shrek fanboys). With that said, here are the characters I'd like to see in Smash.

5ab281764e5b4_Top10SuperSmashBros.SwitchNewcomers.thumb.png.f9d79a6b49f0abb18a39a5134a5ea0fa.png

10. Banjo-Kazooie

9. Alm

8. Decidueye

7. Rayman

6. Geno

5. Bandana Waddle Dee

4. Dixie Kong

3. Waluigi

2. King K. Rool

1. Shovel Knight

5ab28189ea687_Top10SuperSmashBros.SwitchNewcomersTemplate.thumb.png.ecda6a46eab49b422e34fd8ab5af2575.png

Here's a template if you guys want to do this as well.

So yeah, these are the characters I'd like to see in the new Smash. Some of them I think are unlikely (mainly Banjo-Kazooie and Alm), but I'd be super happy if all of these characters made it in. What about you guys, who would you like to see?

Credit to the Smashified team for some of the character art https://smashifiedart.com/

I only really disagree on Geno, Alm, and Waluigi for your list. Geno has no relevance and is a one-time character from a game that came out at least twenty years ago, plus he's owned by Rare, so there's copyright issues. I don't get why anyone would want/expect him. I'd rather see the FE Switch lord instead of Alm right now, especially if he/she has a lance or axe. And I just plain don't like Waluigi and find he's highly irrelevant and undeserving compared to some other Mario characters, namely Daisy, Toad, and Toadette.

Otherwise, your list seems fine to me.

I don't feel like making a picture right now, so I'll just post a text list.

1. Daisy (Mario)
2. Vaati (Zelda)
3. Ribbon Girl (Arms)
4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5. FE Switch Lord (Fire Emblem)
6. Keldeo (Pokemon)
7. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
8. Rayman (Rayman)
9. Toad/Toadette (Mario)
10. Spring Man (Arms)

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I only really disagree on Geno, Alm, and Waluigi for your list. Geno has no relevance and is a one-time character from a game that came out at least twenty years ago, plus he's owned by Rare, so there's copyright issues. I don't get why anyone would want/expect him. I'd rather see the FE Switch lord instead of Alm right now, especially if he/she has a lance or axe. And I just plain don't like Waluigi and find he's highly irrelevant and undeserving compared to some other Mario characters, namely Daisy, Toad, and Toadette.

Geno is owned by Square Enix, not Rare (that's Banjo). He had a Mii Costume in the previous game, and Sakurai has confirmed that he wanted to add Geno since Brawl, but he was unable to. If he was able to make Cloud of all characters happen in Smash, I'm sure he could make Geno happen. Alm's my personal favorite lord, and I chose him because we don't know anything about FE Switch at this point, so I wouldn't really see whoever the protagonist is of FE Switch in the base game (Maybe DLC). Really? I think Waluigi would be much more interesting compared to those three. If anything, I could see Daisy as an alternate costume for Peach (similar to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings as well as Olimar and Alph.).

Just now, Gregster101 said:

Geno is owned by Square Enix, not Rare (that's Banjo). He had a Mii Costume in the previous game, and Sakurai has confirmed that he wanted to add Geno since Brawl, but he was unable to. If he was able to make Cloud of all characters happen in Smash, I'm sure he could make Geno happen. Alm's my personal favorite lord, and I chose him because we don't know anything about FE Switch at this point, so I wouldn't really see whoever the protagonist is of FE Switch in the base game (Maybe DLC). Really? I think Waluigi would be much more interesting compared to those three. If anything, I could see Daisy as an alternate costume for Peach (similar to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings as well as Olimar and Alph.).

Sakurai has never said that. I have no idea where you got the idea that he did. Even if he did say that though, I don't think Geno's ever getting in because of the copyright thing. My mistake on who owned Geno though, I thought Rare owned both him and Banjo.

Daisy is already an alternate costume for Peach and is more relevant to the Mario series than Waluigi is. Toad and Toadette are more relevant as well, having had more prominent roles and even playable appearances and even their own game. But I think Daisy needs to be more than just a costume and get her own model. I don't like Peach and would rather be actual Daisy, not Peach in Daisy's colors. Waluigi has been nothing but team-up fodder for Wario. He hasn't even appeared in any Wario games.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sakurai has never said that. I have no idea where you got the idea that he did. Even if he did say that though, I don't think Geno's ever getting in because of the copyright thing. My mistake on who owned Geno though, I thought Rare owned both him and Banjo.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

12 minutes ago, Shin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1bef105bf19dd416a5a06f29558f0637.png

Behold!

Best list, 10/10!

My version wont fully load up, so I will just list them out. This is mostly just a "If I could choose/characters I would really want to see but not likely to happen" kind of list.

1. Rin (Senran Kagura)

2. Nephenee (Fire Emblem)

3. Doom Marine

4. Edgar Roni Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)

5. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)

6. Kain (Final Fantasy 4)

7. Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)

8. Nero (Fate/Extra Fate/Extella)

9. Arthas Menethil (Warcraft III) (Only one that is entirely impossible due to not being on a Nintendo console)

1. FE Switch Lord

2. Phoenix Wright/Alt. Miles Edgeworth 

3. Isaac (Golden Sun)

4. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

4. Decidueye 

5. Rayman

6. Spring Man (with Arms characters as costumes)

7. King K. Rool

8. Sylux (Metroid)

9. Alm & Celica (tagteam in the vein of Ice Climbers)

10. Paulina (Super Mario Odyssey)

Edited by Etheus

Unlike previous Smash Bros. games, I'm starting to find it difficult to pick as many as ten new characters I think ought to be in the game without resorting to jokes.

In no order

• Helix 
  • Tora + Poppi 
  • Sylux 
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Lana or Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
  • Rayman
  • Gunvolt
  • Solaire

From Software is not and probably will not ever make a game exclusive to a nintendo system. But the Dark Souls phenomenon is the sort of thing that deserves a shout out from such an incredible crossover as Smash Bros. Plus if Wii Fit Trainer is in the new game, she and Solaire can share the wackiest reveal trailer in Smash history, titled: Salute or Praise? And the Lana or Linkle slot is because we desperately need a new, fresh Zelda pick and the Warriors/Nintendo crossover games could use a shoutout. Since both of them came out after Smash 4, they're certainly recent enough .

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Unlike previous Smash Bros. games, I'm starting to find it difficult to pick as many as ten new characters I think ought to be in the game without resorting to jokes.

In no order

• Helix 
  • Tora + Poppi 
  • Sylux 
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Lana or Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
  • Rayman
  • Gunvolt
  • Solaire

From Software is not and probably will not ever make a game exclusive to a nintendo system. But the Dark Souls phenomenon is the sort of thing that deserves a shout out from such an incredible crossover as Smash Bros. Plus if Wii Fit Trainer is in the new game, she and Solaire can share the wackiest reveal trailer in Smash history, titled: Salute or Praise? And the Lana or Linkle slot is because we desperately need a new, fresh Zelda pick and the Warriors/Nintendo crossover games could use a shoutout. Since both of them came out after Smash 4, they're certainly recent enough .

As far as Nintendo Warriors goes, perhaps they could just change Ganondorf to his Warriors incarnation. He needs to no longer be a less viable Captain Falcon and Warriors Ganondorf is his best incarnation yet with an awesome appearance and incredible moveset potential.

The Puzzle Game master race marches on!

lQdtvlO.jpg

10. Bub and Bob from Puzzle Bobble.

And some arcade game that came earlier.

9. Dana the Wizard from Solomon's Key. - I've said elsewhere that I don't think SK is the last word when it comes to the block creation/platforming kind of puzzle game due to games coming after it like Zipang, but I think that as far as the ability goes Dana is still the go-to represtative, and it is a cool ability, even in a fighting game context.

8. The Warehouse worker from Sokoban. 

7.Aquii from Xi Jumbo. 

6.Susumu Hori from Mr. Driller.

5.AiAi from Super Monkey Ball

4.The Lode Runner from Lode Runner

3.Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo

2. The Lemmings from Lemmings

1.Head and Heels from Head Over Heels - I could re-evulate using them as the final evolution of Solstice/Knight Lore despite picking Dana/Sokoban over their superior descendents, but that is really a conversation for another time

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

As far as Nintendo Warriors goes, perhaps they could just change Ganondorf to his Warriors incarnation. He needs to no longer be a less viable Captain Falcon and Warriors Ganondorf is his best incarnation yet with an awesome appearance and incredible moveset potential.

It's true ganondorf desperately needs a rework. But my choice would be to make him pig ganon with a trident. It would reference more games than ganondorf does, including the relatively recent Link Between Worlds. He'd stand out from other heavy weights with his teleportation that leaves a trail of fire. Warriors Ganon would be fun I suppose. I'm never totally hyped for humans with swords and I still want a new Zelda character rather than just reworking the old. 

Not sure who I would pick for top 10 since there are only like 4 or 5 characters I would like to see but here goes...

1. Anna (Fire Emblem)
  2. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
  3. Jack Frost (Atlas/SMT)
  4. Sceptile or Decidueye (Pokémon)
  5. Alm or Celica (Fire Emblem)
  6. Waluigi (Mario)
  7. Toad (Mario)
  8. Eevee (Pokémon)
  9. Insert Xenoblade rep
  10. Insert DK rep

Hmm my personal most wanted...

1. Pyra and Mythra (Xenoblade)

2. Isaac (Golden Sun)

3. Lyn (FE)

4. Celica (FE)

5. Impa (Zelda)

6. Mipha (Zelda)

7. Neku (The World Ends With You)

8. Agnes (Bravely series)

9. Micaiah (FE)

10. Toad/Captain Toad (Mario) 

It was really a struggle to think of 10 characters I want that are somewhat possible. Realistically I'll be happy with Pyra and Mythra and a Zelda newcomer.

13 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Hmm my personal most wanted...

1. Pyra and Mythra (Xenoblade)

2. Isaac (Golden Sun)

3. Lyn (FE)

4. Celica (FE)

5. Impa (Zelda)

6. Mipha (Zelda)

7. Neku (The World Ends With You)

8. Agnes (Bravely series)

9. Micaiah (FE)

10. Toad/Captain Toad (Mario) 

It was really a struggle to think of 10 characters I want that are somewhat possible. Realistically I'll be happy with Pyra and Mythra and a Zelda newcomer.

:Lilina:

Well... Now my Top 10... so... Outside of the Top 1 (<3) doesn't have a particular order.

10.- Waluigi

9.- KOS-MOS

8.- K. Rool

7.- Ashley

6.- Ganon

5.- Crash Bandicoot

4.- Marx/Magolor (or another cool options from Kirby)

3.- Adeleine

2.- Bandana Dee

1.- Micaiah <3

Edited by Troykv

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

:Lilina:

1.- Micaiah <3

Micaiah was one of my most wanted newcomers when RD was recent. She would be so fun and different from the other fighters. Alas, I fear her chance has passed until a Tellius remaster gets released. On the plus side, she's still fairly popular going by her placing highly in both CYL Heroes polls.

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

KOS-MOS

Same here. And i think she has a decent chance, seeing as how she made an appearance in Xenoblade 2 as the rarest Blade in the game and even without that, Namco's on pretty friendly terms with Nintendo.

Anyway, i don't actually have a Top 10. But my most wanted newcomers, in no particular order (aside from #1 and #2), are

• Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  • Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

2. Tora and Poppi (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

1. Rex and Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Edited by Armagon

9. Balloon Fighter (mandatory classic character that would be an air game god)

8. Kamek (if Yoshi is to be a separate series to Mario, it should get a second rep)

7. Isaac (probably never going to happen at this point)

6. Claus (from Mother, also in the never going to happen category)

6. Saki (from Sin and Punishment, king of the never going to happen but it would be awesome category)

5. Father Baldur (make Bayonetta first party Nintendo!)

4.Impa (replace Sheik please)

3. Celica(second place in the last Heroes Poll and could have a HP drain moveset that actually works, unlike Pichu)

2. Pig Beast Ganon (see Number 1)

1.Ridley (not too big, shut up!)

I think Xenblade should get another character and definitely expect Pokémon to, but as of now there's none I can say I particularly want.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my Top 10 Newcomers that I pick that I wanted in the Upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch:

1. Alm (using a bow to avoid the plain swordfighter category since what happened to Chrom in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U)
  2. Fire Emblem Switch protagonist
  3. Spring Man from ARMS
  4. Mike Jones from Classic NES series StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
  5. Ragna the Bloodegde from BlazBlue series (It would be good if they add more characters from actual fighting games similar to like Ryu from Street Fighter series)
  6. Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei series
  7. Young Impa from The Legend of Zelda series
  8. Shantae from the Shantae series
  9. Decidueye from Pokemon Sun and Moon (It would be good if they add Grass-Type in the Nintendo Swithc title since Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U did lacked a Grass-type Pokemon since Charizard is a Fire-type and Greninja is a Water-type.
  10. King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong franchise (It would be good if they add more villains in the Nintendo Switch title)

• 2 years later...

heres my top 10

10 Om nom Don't ask why

9 shy guy eh idk why he is on here

8 toad lets get that mushroom in that roster

7 Maxwell maybe the only 3rd party character on this list but yeah I want him his games are fun

6 red from angry birds yeah if they were to add him they would have to do somthing with his movie but even my mom wants him in smash..

5 CHuchel Hey I like his game

4 baby mario and baby luigi I know this might not be a good idea but hey i love em so yeah.

3 bandana waddle dee yes you knew he was going to be on this list 

2 tails oh yeah the sonic series needs 2 characters please Don't have it be dr buttman

1 crash oh yeah he mostly has the best chance

characters who got in min min steve sephiroth and pyra

My dream roster 18.png

Edited by kirbyrockykid3724
I want to add a picture