Games you are waiting for.

Raven

Very little which concerns me. Off the top of my head its really just octopath traveler. This is a bit of a downgrade from last year where at this time I already had Persona, Nier and Breath of the wild with Echoes coming not much later and Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade and Fe warriors all promised to come later in the year. 

Yeah there's Fire emblem Switch but that's not a tangible desire since we know absolutely nothing about it and the same goes for Bayonetta 3.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A portable version of Persona 5 - which I'm quite positive would come, considering P4 and P3 did so. I don't really care whether that's on the Switch, Vita, or a new PS portable - just as long as it's portable.

If a Switch version of TMS comes as well - no matter how unlikely - then I'll play that one too.

Edited by henrymidfields

On 3/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Glennstavos said:

God of War (2018). I'm finally buying a PS4 and it's coming bundled with this game. Got reacquainted with the series with my brother recently.

Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Smash, and Metroid Prime 4 will probably be great, but all of them lack any sort of gameplay trailer for me to attach any anticipation toward beyond the name.

I'm waiting for Hollow Knight to come to Switch. And I'm waiting for Shenmue 3, though I have no idea when that may come out.

Month later update, Shenmue 1+2 Baby! Wish it were coming to Switch but I'll be more than happy to nab it on PS4. And while I'm here...I dunno. I'm mostly just going to be catching up on PS4 exclusives for the next few months. I might buy the Crash collection on Switch? I'd have to pay more for that version, but unlike PS4 I have a bunch of Switch-owning friends that would be interested in borrowing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to note something else I'm after, that being Shining Resonance Refrain. Aside from that, there's the Bayonetta games and The World Ends With You Final Remix.

In no particular order:

• Super Smash Bros. on the Switch
  • Fire Emblem (Switch)
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Mega Man 11
  • Mega Man X Legacy Collection
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3DS remake

Yeah, time to add Blade Strangers to the list. I didn't care before since it was a fighting game with a bunch of characters that i didn't know since i've barely played any games from Nicalis but they made a deal with Inti Creates to add Gunvolt to the roster (and they are even using the Gunvolt 2 design) so now i'm actually interested.

• 2 weeks later...

No particular order:

PS4:

Final Fantasy VII Remake:  The never-ending story of this game that was finally announced.  More infuriating than the lack of FES news?  Has the wait made it impossible for this game to live up to the hype?  I feel like as a fan of the original, I need it to be insanely faithful, but younger gamers want it to feel like a modern game.  This announcement, along with a fierce desire to play MGS4, is the reason I bought a PS4.

Soul Calibur 6:  [Tentative]  I enjoyed SC:IV.  It was a fun game and I played it for quite a while when I just wanted some fighting game fun.  I purchased SC:V, and I've barely touched it.  Seeing that they're bringing back legacy characters that they removed is a good sign, but I'm taking a wait-and-see approach on this one.

Switch:

Fire Emblem Switch:  Awakening on 3DS opened me up to Fire Emblem, and despite how the community may be conflicted about its feelings about this game, I'm glad for it.  An old Final Fantasy Tactics lover like myself was easily drawn to this, and then some.

Megaman X Legacy Collection:  I love this series.  It faded hard after X4, but I still love it.

Disgaea 1 Complete:  I love this series, as well, and the characters from the original are still my favorites.  Disgaea D2 wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but D5 and the Switch was a match made in heaven.  Really hope this delivers as an HD Remake with some of the QoL improvements the recent installments have brought to the experience.  I can imagine there's potential for some nice DLC "guests" from later in the series as well.

Pokemon Switch:  Rumors sound intriguing.  I had a completed living Pokedex before Sun/Moon came out, but my daughter was born and I never really had time to play it, so I'm behind the times again.  As a fan of the series since my copy of Blue, and a big fan of my Switch, some terrible news would need to come out for me to skip this.

Super Smash Bros. Switch:  What needs to be said about this series that isn't already known.  My wife is not a gamer at all but even she'd happily play this.

Dragon Ball FighterZ(?):  This game looks like the DBZ fighter I've always wanted.  I wanted it on PS4, but with so many children's movies and shows occupying the PS4 most of the time in our house, having it on the Switch would be so much more convenient.  Since before it's release, people have been talking about it being a prime target for a Switch port, so I've held off hoping that becomes a reality.