New Rumor: TMS: Definitive Edition could be coming to the Switch.

7 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I am pretty sure the list was edited since it was posted, so you can't use that as proof.

It's not like these forums where it tells you if and when a post has been edited, yet you can still edit posts.

that is a good point, idk if igmur shows if a post has been edited like mines on here 

5 hours ago, Florete said:

The post itself says that it updates:

Data Mined codes for Nintendo Switch Games that are due in the next 2 years or so. Some are already announced, some are not announced (note that this data mine updates time to time)

The biggest factor in this being fake is the simple fact that no one is talking about it. If Nintendo's pipeline for the entirety of the next two years had actually been leaked, the internet would be ablaze with it.

nobody is talking about it? loads are talking about this link haha, its mostly been passed around the pokemon youtube community that all hypes the shit out of the 8th gen games for switch since on the list front and center as "pokemon chemical" & "pokemon nuclear" 

11 minutes ago, Hyou Vizer said:

nobody is talking about it? loads are talking about this link haha, its mostly been passed around the pokemon youtube community that all hypes the shit out of the 8th gen games for switch since on the list front and center as "pokemon chemical" & "pokemon nuclear" 

I am not trying to sound mean, but that's a pretty low bar if you ask me XD

I'm not sure if @Florete was suggesting this, but I don't recall many prominent news sites or industry people talking about this list. If it was actually legit, I'd think Nintendo would be panicking and industry people would be jumping on the list to confirm it and rake in the hits. But so far, nobody has done that--as far as I know, anyway.

Ignoring the horrendous subtitles, Chemical and Nuclear don't fit in with... the grand scheme of things. If you catch my drift. Unfortunately, that's all I can say.

Also, this list is really annoying because, given Nintendo's track record, I can almost see a TMS#FE port happening. If it does happen, people are going to wrongly assume this list as being the whole truth, when it's clearly not.

That list makes my have doubts because of this game...

TMS doesn't need the second screen to do the phone stuff?

Looking at this I am calling fake, but there is stuff on this list I would like.  Anytime I see something about an Earthbound collection I smell dead fish.  I would buy TMS again for Switch if it does happen, but this list is probably fake.

Super Smash Bros. Royale

I was actually guessing that the subtitle for this Smash would be Royale. 'Course I won't believe it till Nintendo reveals the title themselves.

Also afaik from the majority, Mario Party 10 and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival were mostly subpar entries, so I really doubt they'd be getting "Deluxe" ports to the Switch. No one, if anyone, would ask for those ports.

I have a feeling this game is never going to get ported. 

Games like Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze were all quite beloved and acclaimed games who just happened to have the bad luck of being released on a poorly selling system. That's why the much better performing Switch is being bombarded with port after port.

But Tokyo Mirage isn't like that other games. It was almost immediately reviled when the fans saw what it was and while the game definitely won over some people I don't think its reputation has improved for the large amount of fans who can't look past the high school/Pop Idol setting. The other games didn't perform to expectation thanks to their system but I have a feeling this game is going to bomb for a second time regardless how much the Switch outperforms the Wii-U. 

They’ve been using Wii U ports as padding in-between Switch game releases. If the likes of The Wonderful 101 or even Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival ever get ported, nothing is really stopping TMS from getting ported over to the Switch. The people that truly “hate” the game are the salty ones that never played it and were hoping for stuff like Ike taking on Lucifer in what would have been “super edgy SMT with more strategy elements and some FE characters and references thrown in”. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• 6 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 5:44 AM, Lord-Zero said:

They’ve been using Wii U ports as padding in-between Switch game releases. If the likes of The Wonderful 101 or even Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival ever get ported, nothing is really stopping TMS from getting ported over to the Switch. The people that truly “hate” the game are the salty ones that never played it and were hoping for stuff like Ike taking on Lucifer in what would have been “super edgy SMT with more strategy elements and some FE characters and references thrown in”. 

TMS was the game that introduced me to Atlus games in general and particularly Persona 4 in the first place! And hey, if people hates the J-Pop/high school aesthetic, then the same thing needs to be said with Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4, and especially the entire game of Persona 4: Dancing All Night - and apparently that game did better in sales.

Edited by henrymidfields

Yeah, no way in hell that this is real. Aside from not spelling some titles right (Such as Phoenix Wright), and nonsense titles (Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie: Hydro Atrocity), and really just things that would be put in for people to fanboy over, say "Oh, I want that", and forget about (Golden Sun 4, The Simpsons: Hit & Run HD). Also, ports that will not happen (Star Fox Zero, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks HD), this list is pretty fake, although I commend the author for keeping it relatively up to date.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing more DLCs with Persona-related stuff. Also, don't just limit the mirages to Akaneia and Ylisse, they should be having at least Lyn and Ike, if nothing more than marketing purposes.

As for the haters, well:

• I gather you don't like Persona 4: Dancing All Night or anything to do with Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4 (or even Yukari Takeba in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax?!) either? If you don't like how TMSFE glorifies the idol industry and prefer P4D being a lot more honest about its appraisal (and more consistent with the general tone of the Persona 3-5 narrative), well, okay, sure, I'll give you that. I admit, I'll have to give the verdict (for story narrative) in P4D's favour too. Doesn't stop me for enjoying TMSFE's story either.
  • You'll be surprised at what you would (dis)like. I generally have disliked, and still dislikes J-Pop in general, but I ended up loving the majority of the songs featured in TMSFE.
  • Admit it, the majority of critics generally approve of the game, or at least don't find it anywhere near as bad as you say - around the 80% mark.
  • If nothing else, TMSFE introduced me to Atlus in general and to Persona 3-4 in particular. Now no one can take that experience of inspiration away from me!
Edited by henrymidfields

• 2 months later...

This forum is dead so I'll just reply here since I'm interested.

First: I enjoy the game heavily and I put hundreds of hours into it because I speedrun the game. Gameplay is great. Story, not so much, but story doesn't matter when you're skipping everything.

The reason why TMS#FE is disliked is because it's not really a crossover game. It's a Persona game with Fire Emblem references in it, and for Fire Emblem fans it's a major sting to see something some foreign done to their characters. 

The reviews don't really matter, because at it's base it's a good game that hits all the marks, very well even. But if no one is interested in the pitch the marketing team makes for the game then it's bound to fail. When you think of Fire Emblem and SMT melding together, very few would think J-Pop Idols. And I can't stress just how un-Fire Emblem it is.

I personally love TMS, and I would like to see a port so I can finally retire my Wii U, but it's not going to happen. The game sold horribly bad and I don't see a reason why they would try to market it again.

Edited by HeroMystic

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:10 AM, HeroMystic said:

This forum is dead so I'll just reply here since I'm interested.

First: I enjoy the game heavily and I put hundreds of hours into it because I speedrun the game. Gameplay is great. Story, not so much, but story doesn't matter when you're skipping everything.

The reason why TMS#FE is disliked is because it's not really a crossover game. It's a Persona game with Fire Emblem references in it, and for Fire Emblem fans it's a major sting to see something some foreign done to their characters. 

The reviews don't really matter, because at it's base it's a good game that hits all the marks, very well even. But if no one is interested in the pitch the marketing team makes for the game then it's bound to fail. When you think of Fire Emblem and SMT melding together, very few would think J-Pop Idols. And I can't stress just how un-Fire Emblem it is.

I personally love TMS, and I would like to see a port so I can finally retire my Wii U, but it's not going to happen. The game sold horribly bad and I don't see a reason why they would try to market it again.

but it's not going to happen.

SUCK IT, ME!