Just an opinion on a console ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DarkSoul

So, I know everyone here likes the Nintendo portable consoles (Duh, I guess that's pretty obvious), but I didn't saw anyone saying anything about the PSP and Vita for example. What you guys think about it? Come on, give me your thoughts, don't be shy :D:

they're both great in their own right, it's that the PSP is a really fragile system, with games that break at the drop of a pin

as for the Vita I loved it, but if you don't like JRPGS, well that's all your going to get

The Vita feels way more durable in your hands than one would expect - I always worry about breaking the Joypad on my 3DS playing Street Fighter, but never have that worried feeling playing Arcana Heart on my Vita even though the game uses the same stick rotation input system as Street Fighter. Project Diva's also decent if you're into rhythm games, I prefer Project Diva X to Project Mirai DX now that I've gotten used to VOCALOID games as Mirai DX feels more oriented to Miku newbies. SAO Lost Song's not bad either, but I don't have any other games for the console so my opinion stops there.

The only PSP games I've played are the ones that were later put on PS2, like Jak & Daxter the Lost Frontier, and Secret Agent Clank. Also the God of War games that were remastered for PS3, I like those a lot.

I bought a Playstation TV for forty bucks years ago. Great way to get your hands on a "Vita" if you don't mind it functioning like a console and not having access to touch controls. With that I played Persona 4 Golden and downloaded Mega Man Powered UP. Both great games. Muramasa Rebirth is sitting on my shelf as well.

Guest Dreamyboi

The PS Vita for me was a means to play PS1/PSP classics on the go and not much else, now it's a ghost of a handheld being kept alive by anime games or something.

Persona 4 golden was nice though.

I had a PSP once and a whopping total of one game: Daxter. I really enjoyed that game and i actually have no idea where the hell both my PSP and the game went.

The PSVita's got a shit ton of JRPGs and i've always been interested in it but that since i love JRPGs but my interest in the Vita has waned since the system is basically dead. Not actually like the Wii U but even the Wii U had a bigger playerbase, i think.

46 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And off to General Gaming with you!

Whoops, sorry, I just though that the General Gaming section was only for games, not consoles.

Thinking back right now, that was a ridiculous thought.

30 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

The PS Vita for me was a means to play PS1/PSP classics on the go and not much else, now it's a ghost of a handheld being kept alive by anime games or something.

Persona 4 golden was nice though.

41 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The only PSP games I've played are the ones that were later put on PS2, like Jak & Daxter the Lost Frontier, and Secret Agent Clank. Also the God of War games that were remastered for PS3, I like those a lot.

I bought a Playstation TV for forty bucks years ago. Great way to get your hands on a "Vita" if you don't mind it functioning like a console and not having access to touch controls. With that I played Persona 4 Golden and downloaded Mega Man Powered UP. Both great games. Muramasa Rebirth is sitting on my shelf as well.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I had a PSP once and a whopping total of one game: Daxter. I really enjoyed that game and i actually have no idea where the hell both my PSP and the game went.

The PSVita's got a shit ton of JRPGs and i've always been interested in it but that since i love JRPGs but my interest in the Vita has waned since the system is basically dead. Not actually like the Wii U but even the Wii U had a bigger playerbase, i think.

Yeah, I have a PSP since I was a kid, but today it gets quite difficult finding games for it. I wanted to buy a Vita, but I think it's too expensive, at least here on my country. Besides the JRPG games, there aren't many other games that can make him worth buying. Still I wish I could play Persona 4, it was the only one along with the first of the series I didn't play :mellow:

Oh well, guess I will just have to wait till Atlus stop making dancing spin-offs and launch a bundle of the classic ones for the PS4. It can happen, right? :D: (Probably not)

Edited by DarkSoul

Everyone talks about how the Switch will replace the 3DS but no one talks about the fact the Switch totally killed the Vita.

It was still a great console. It's because I had a Vita that I discovered the Trails series, and for that I'll always be gratefull.
And we had Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth as well (plus Hacker's memory recently), and those games are amazing. (I'll continue to say they're better than Persona/SMT games until the end. I also discovered Perqona with the Vita.) I also discovered lots of old PS and PSP games.
My love for the Wild Arms Franchise is also thanks to the Vita.

I'll never regret buying it, since I made full use of it. And it will probabaly still see some uses, since I still haven't tried Romancing Saga 2.

I'm a big fan of handhelds, and even if Sony never knew what to do with it, and abandoned it, it had a good life. And even if it's on zombie mode right now, it lived far longer than everyone would have thinks.

And as a big fans of underdogs, it's clearly a console for me.

I always wanted to pick one up to be able to play the games made of my favorite anime (Saiyuki), but I never have had the extra money.  I tend to like handhelds better because my house only has one TV and I have to share with my family, so a Vita has always appealed to me.  

I remembered another thought I had. If you ask me, the Vita is exactly what the WiiU Gamepad should have been, as I found the Gamepad awkwardly huge while the Vita felt more at home in my hands. If there were some way to rig up a Vita to function as a Gamepad I would totally drop money on a WiiU. Yes, that's even with the Switch coming out and all.

11 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

I'll never regret buying it, since I made full use of it. And it will probabaly still see some uses, since I still haven't tried Romancing Saga 2.

Woah, you never played Romacing Saga 2??? You don't know what you're missing.

14 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

It was still a great console. It's because I had a Vita that I discovered the Trails series, and for that I'll always be gratefull.

I've heard good things about Trails, though i've never seen any actual gameplay. I have interest in the series, it's just hard for me because i don't have a Vita and likely won't be getting one in the near future. Hopefully those games comes to the Switch, otherwise, i have zero way of playing them.

3 hours ago, DarkSoul said:

Woah, you never played Romacing Saga 2??? You don't know what you're missing.

That's on the Switch too, i believe. Maybe i'll check it out.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've heard good things about Trails, though i've never seen any actual gameplay. I have interest in the series, it's just hard for me because i don't have a Vita and likely won't be getting one in the near future. Hopefully those games comes to the Switch, otherwise, i have zero way of playing them.

All 3 Trails in the Sky are available on PC. NOt sure about Trails of Cold Steel, but I think it at least the ToC1 is released as well. So you can try it too.

Sky, in particular don't ask a particularily strong computer, so you can start with it I guess.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

IThat's on the Switch too, i believe. Maybe i'll check it out.

I checked, and it's the case as well.

There are also plan for the last SaGa to be released on Japan, but still no word over there

9 hours ago, DarkSoul said:

Woah, you never played Romacing Saga 2??? You don't know what you're missing

Never had the right console so far... But I definitely want to try it eventually.

SaGa is a franchise that really interest me, but that still stay on my backlog...

9 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

All 3 Trails in the Sky are available on PC. NOt sure about Trails of Cold Steel, but I think it at least the ToC1 is released as well. So you can try it too.

Sky, in particular don't ask a particularily strong computer, so you can start with it I guess.

The Trails in the Sky games seem all seem to be PSP games, so hopefully my PC should be able to run it. It doesn't seem to be that graphically intensive but i also said that about DS games but there was some really bad lag when i tried emulating the two DS FE games. It could just be that DS emulators suck ass though.

I'll look into it later today.

Also, the one thing i know about this series is that it's all a single continuity and it follows a timeline. So uh. Trails in the Sky 3 doesn't end with a cliffhanger, right? I don't wanna worry about potentially being locked out of continuing the story.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Trails in the Sky games seem all seem to be PSP games, so hopefully my PC should be able to run it. It doesn't seem to be that graphically intensive but i also said that about DS games but there was some really bad lag when i tried emulating the two DS FE games. It could just be that DS emulators suck ass though.

Also, the one thing i know about this series is that it's all a single continuity and it follows a timeline. So uh. Trails in the Sky 3 doesn't end with a cliffhanger, right? I don't wanna worry about potentially being locked out of continuing the story.

Trails in The sky FC and SC are one single story (FC ends with a cliffhanger). TC is more of a bonus scenario,  made to tie a few dead ends.

Some characters and event from ancient games may be referenced, but it's not as much of an issue (We never had the Crossbell Games over there, which makes some later part of Trails of Cold Steel not as clear as they should.) I don't know enough about the Franchise to give more details.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

DS emulators for PC sucks, but strangely the ones for mobile actually work like a charm, I know because I use one (Drastic) to play the Ace Attorney series and it runs perfectly, as well as both FE games ( Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of The Emblem, with his infamous and hated MU, Kris).

The 3DS was all right, I guess. There was Pokemon XY, my favourite, and FE Awakening, which brought me back to the franchises, and I'm planning to get Radiant Historia, courtesy of Blah's advice. On the other hand, Wii U I could care less, with the exception of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I'm seriously considering moving to the PS Vita as there are at least my planned 3 Persona games accessible there (and maybe Persona 5 as well, if 3 Portable and 4 Golden are any indication).

On 3/23/2018 at 8:48 AM, Armagon said:

Sky FC and SC are a single story, 3rd is a Gaiden game which helps setup events in later games but is fairly standalone in its innerworkings.

The Crossbell games Zero And AO the former of which has a fan translation quite far along takes place in a different country and sometime after Sky's games, 

Cold Steel is in yet a different country and is going on roughly around the same time as Zero & AO until Cold Steel 3 which hasn't been announced for Localization but that's the furthest in the timeline the games are.

Cold Steel 4 and a future arc will come in time as well.

So yes it's a fairly interwoven narrative.

Sky through 3rd is all on steam, Cold Steel 1 and 2 are also on steam.

I highly recommend them all since it's my favorite RPG franchise nowadays.

Edited by Jedi

On 3/26/2018 at 11:15 PM, Jedi said:

Sky FC and SC are a single story, 3rd is a Gaiden game which helps setup events in later games but is fairly standalone in its innerworkings.

The Crossbell games Zero And AO the former of which has a fan translation quite far along takes place in a different country and sometime after Sky's games, 

Cold Steel is in yet a different country and is going on roughly around the same time as Zero & AO until Cold Steel 3 which hasn't been announced for Localization but that's the furthest in the timeline the games are.

Cold Steel 4 and a future arc will come in time as well.

So yes it's a fairly interwoven narrative.

Sky through 3rd is all on steam, Cold Steel 1 and 2 are also on steam.

I highly recommend them all since it's my favorite RPG franchise nowadays.

So i was doing a bit of research on Trails and i happened to noticed that the Legend of Heroes series seems to go further back than i thought. Seeing as how the full name of the Trails series is "Legend of Heroes: Trails-", do i need to play the previous Legend of Heroes games to understand Trails or can i just jump into Trails without having to worry about the continuity of the previous games?

On 3/28/2018 at 6:13 AM, Armagon said:

So i was doing a bit of research on Trails and i happened to noticed that the Legend of Heroes series seems to go further back than i thought. Seeing as how the full name of the Trails series is "Legend of Heroes: Trails-", do i need to play the previous Legend of Heroes games to understand Trails or can i just jump into Trails without having to worry about the continuity of the previous games?

The first set of Legend of Heroes games are standalone pretty much, Trails is when they all started to connect.

I liked my PSP as a portable emulator machine.

The Vita's got some solid games, but once again it has mostly been relegated to a portable PS1.