Your Most/Least favorite moments in FE?

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi

Welp it's question time again since that's all I seem to fucking do here, I'm boring like that. 

Exactly what the title says, what are your favorite and/or least favorite moments in Fire Emblem story-wise?

Every time someone dies in any of the paths of Fire Emblem Fates, no matter who may be. Maybe it isn't one of the best Fire Emblems, but it can sure make you feel like shit, whichever path you choose.

Favorite Moment - Jagen being the one to snap and call out Lang for his horrible morals  in Mystery/New Mystery.

Worst Moment - Lewyn Coming back from the dead in Geanology of The Holy War. 

Favorite: Tie between Sothe threatening to kill Pelleas and the oil scene in RD

Least Favorite: Most of part 4. It needs serious work. Like what they have (apart from after Ashera) is great, but it needs expansion.

What about the other games? I enjoy them but have no serious stand out moments.

Favorite: The units all giving a little speech in the final chapter of Echoes. Everyone manages to get their personalities and what they find important across and its a nice touch that they only start speeching once you select them.

Least favorite. The ninja cave in Fates. No Corrin, Kotaro capturing a common enemy is not some terrible crime and no Kotaro, killing the vast majority of the Nohrian royal family just because Corrin is being silly isn't a good response. 

Guest Dreamyboi

Might as well give my own two cents.

Favorite: Based on the part of Path of Radiance I've played so far the aftermath of Greil's death felt really real to me. The Greil Mercenaries had just lost their leader and a person that they respected greatly and the person next in line to be in charge is a boy who just got done being a trainee, so naturally a good number of them decided to jump ship either to save their own skin or because they just didn't believe in Ike as a leader since he was inexperienced. It made sense and Ike didn't even blame people like Shinon for leaving because he understood WHY they made the decision they did and didn't think he was good enough to fill his father's position. 

Least Favorite: If you're tired of Fates bashing you can stop reading right now because this one's from Fates: Conquest and I think we all know which one. After Corrin and Azura get back from Valla, Azura shows Corrin a crystal ball that displays Garon's true form. So imagine being me and thinking "this lame ass villain must have SOME depth" and then it turns out that he's a LITERAL empty shell with only a monster left behind, swell. On top of that even though Azura says that someone proficient in magic like Leo could see into the ball she never once thinks to show it to him, they could have easily shown a crystal ball to him and gotten him to convince his other siblings of what was going on except no he couldn't because not only does Plot-Xander LIKE Garon for no reason but the crystal ball shatters ALSO for no reason and it must have been the last one because nobody asks where to get them or if there are any left and Valla is protected by the stupidly contrived "You tell anyone you disappear" curse. Up until this point in the game Corrin says he wants to "reform Nohr from within" but we never see him try anything like that beyond him ordering his soldiers not to kill anyone, something he conveniently forgets to do when the Kitsune attack him later on when it's time to feel bad about him and now he's taking what is this plot's equivalent to an Undertale genocide run. Now he has to invade Hoshido, watch a ton of (innocent) people get killed in the process, put Garon on the Hoshidan thrown of oddly specific powers, and then kill the goopy boi and I'd like to remind everyone that there's no guarantee of him even setting foot on Hoshidan soil during this war which means this entire secret mission THAT IS TAKING HUNDREDS OF LIVES is based on a maybe and OF COURSE Corrin is going pitying himself the whole way through again and again and again. This whole plot point is built on contrivance after Contrivance AFTER CONTRIVANCE and was the moment in the plot where I was convinced that the writing was utter shit and not worth paying attention to, it's already bad enough I have to play as an aggressively bland mary sue who's values and actions are inconsistent  and still get him praise no matter what but when this little shit show happened I just gave up.

Edited by Dreamyboi

Favourite moment:
I have many favourite moments, but the cutscene in which Grima awakens in the present takes the cake. We see this giant behemoth whose head by itself dwarfs the already pretty tall Dragon's Table and I just sat there and asked myself "How in the name of all things holy am I supposed to fight that?".
The desperation in Lucina's voice and facial expression when she comes face to face with her nemesis just immediately tells you that sh** just got very real.

Least favourite moment:
This one is actually pretty hard. From Azura's first appearance to pretty much every scene the blue haired... whatever the hell it's supposed to be is in, it drowns the quality of the story every time it appears on screen and utters a word. Does that count?
If not, then Elise's death. Not only did they kill of one of my favourite characters, they even made her death pointless and worse: her killer still gets portrayed as a good guy afterwards. I don't feel like getting my blood boiling today, since my grandmother is pretty much on her deathbed right now, so I'll just leave it at that.