Set 12 Mage Sisters

So I heard that set 12 is going to release the Mage Sisters, who have interesting abilities. I was wondering what you guys think of them. If it's possible to pull it off or if they are to under powered to place in a deck. Also consider if there is a way to protect them with other cards. 

Spoiler

B12-094HN Banba: Infernal Mage Sister
Fire Mage/Cost2
Yellow/Female/Tome
40ATK/20SUPP/1-2RNG

"We will give you ample reason to fear us."

"Taste raging flames, brigand!" [ACT] [ONCE PER TURN] [Flip 1 <Yellow> bond card face-down] Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +20 attack.

Triangle of Flame [ACT] [TAP] If you have an allied "Fotla" and "Eriu", choose up to 1 non-lord enemy, and destroy them.

Illust. Yoko Matsurika

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B12-095HN Fotla: Tempestuous Mage Sister
Wind Mage/Cost2
Yellow/Female/Tome
40ATK/20SUPP/1-2RNG

"We will never let you down, milord."

"Taste the howling gale, traitor!" [ACT] [ONCE PER TURN] [Flip 1 <Yellow> bond card face-down] Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +20 attack.

Triangle of Wind [ACT] [TAP] If you have an allied "Banba" and "Eriu", choose 1 of your opponent's orbs, and destroy them.

Illust. Yoko Matsurika

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B12-096HN Eriu: Thunderous Mage Sister
Thunder Mage/Cost2
Yellow/Female/Tome
40ATK/20SUPP/1-2RNG

"The rebels shall be destroyed quickly, cleanly, efficiently and utterly."

"Taste the wrath of thunder, rebel!" [ACT] [ONCE PER TURN] [Flip 1 <Yellow> bond card face-down] Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +20 attack.

Triangle of Lightning [ACT] [TAP] If you have an allied "Banba" and "Fotla", your opponent chooses 1 card in their hand, and sends it to their Retreat Area.

Discus. 

Edited by 341

meh, their effects are all grossly overcosted, considering that you need all three of them to be out, and even then, flipping 1 to temporarily be a 60-attack unit isn't that terrific

no way to reliably get them in hand or on field (tutoring, if you're familiar with the term), Fotla hits only Orbs, so you can't actually kill with them

It's an interesting take on the Triangle Attack idea. I think they could be played, but the deck probably wouldn't be terribly optimal…so in other words exactly the kind of deck I like to play with! @341 give me an MC and I'll come up with something.

• 2 months later...

Please forgive me for my absent. Life got in the way.

@ScarletFlame: I get that it's hard to pull off, but would pulling it off be worth the effort?

@SoulWeaver: I would like to take you up on your offer if it still stands. Right now my main character is Shannan and I would like to keep it like that is at all possible. Otherwise there is also Holyn who would work with them (as he is stronger when he is the only front unit). And of course Leif who could get them from the Retreat. 

13 hours ago, 341 said:

Please forgive me for my absent. Life got in the way.

@SoulWeaver: I would like to take you up on your offer if it still stands. Right now my main character is Shannan and I would like to keep it like that is at all possible. Otherwise there is also Holyn who would work with them (as he is stronger when he is the only front unit). And of course Leif who could get them from the Retreat. 

You good bro. I've run Holyn MC before, back when we didn't have any of the newer stuff, so I can take another look at that, and I'll look into Shannan, one of my friends gave him a try right before Overclasses became a thing so I'll see if he's still got his list.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:58 AM, 341 said:

I get that it's hard to pull off, but would pulling it off be worth the effort?

what part of "grossly overcosted" do you not understand?

no, the mage trio is just pack filler, if you have to go out of your way for something like that, with so little return compared to even Delthea or Faye Overclass, it's by no means worth it, ever

There is actually an Elise Decklist floating around somewhere that uses the Mage Sisters. The Deck basically just Promotes Elise into her Set 2 SR as early as possible, then stalls until it gets the Sisters, and drops them. Early and Midgame strategies mostly revolve around discarding cards with the one Sister's effect, and destroying anything your opponent Deploys with the other Sister's effect. Once your opponent is out of hand, the Deck switches to a focus on Fotla, who pops an Orb, which is then discarded by her Sister's effect. The deck is gimmicky, and if your opponent is using Joshua or Jaffar you're bound to run into some difficulty, but otherwise it's a pain in the rear to get around. Kilmar can also make some headway due to being able to hit Tomes on the opponent's backrow, meaning Elise can't hide from him.