Fire emblem 8 Palette Editing Help!

Jaygore

Hey guys, so ive been wanting to edit some palettes on Fire emblem the Sacred Stones, however, ive seemed to run into an issue. I am currently editing Seth so he is a a lighter shade of green and his shield is red (http://tinypic.com/r/jpg6ep/9 also I know its a female paladin but that's what FE Recolour provides for the sprtie, the male version is also there) after I use BSPalette Assembler to insert it, I go to play and this is what seth looks like (http://tinypic.com/r/6id5rd/9) im getting fairly frustrated as ive also tried downloading sprites and editing them through FE Recolour but I run into the same issue. Hope someone could help me out!

Is there something wrong with Fire emblem 8? Okay so I figured out how to fix Seth, but now im trying to change the chapter 1's boss into a solider, I edited a palette for him and replaced it with BS , but he keeps defaulting to original soldier palette :/

You should honestly try using FEBuilder to edit palettes...I'm not sure how to do it via the method you are asking about, but in my experience, using FEBuilder is as simple as finding the palette you want to edit, clicking 'export image,' opening that image in Paint and changing the colors to whatever you want, and then import it back into the game. 

So I think there is an issue with FE8's palettes. If you change the class of a boss and edit the palette and insert it, the boss just sticks with the default, generic palette of that class. Any chance someone knows how I could fix this. FEBuilder wasn't any help.

I've changed many character classes and successfully edited their palette in FE8. However, I've never tried it on a boss, so can't say for sure, but pretty sure there is no issue with FE8's palettes. I can test it out later to see if it works

2 minutes ago, Jaygore said:

okay, can you let me know if it does? im not having problems with characters you can control, just the bosses, is what I meant.

Okay, I figured it out on FEBuilder. Open up the "Character Palette" editor and find the boss whose palette you want to edit. Make sure you change the palette type to enemy, and then import the new edited palette. After that, open up the editor called "Palette Editor," find the boss and change his class to whatever the new class is. 

Let me know if this fixes your problem!

6 hours ago, ShamelessIan said:

Okay, I figured it out on FEBuilder. Open up the "Character Palette" editor and find the boss whose palette you want to edit. Make sure you change the palette type to enemy, and then import the new edited palette. After that, open up the editor called "Palette Editor," find the boss and change his class to whatever the new class is. 

Let me know if this fixes your problem!

Hey dude! Thanks so much! I learned how to use the program and it fixed it all! Much appreciation! One question though, how come I cant find the recruit, pupil and journeryman battle palettes? Do they exist to edit?

41 minutes ago, Jaygore said:

Hey dude! Thanks so much! I learned how to use the program and it fixed it all! Much appreciation! One question though, how come I cant find the recruit, pupil and journeryman battle palettes? Do they exist to edit?

You're welcome, glad you got it figured out! I'm not sure about the trainee classes battle palettes, it looks like they don't exist within the game. You could probably create your own and write it somewhere within the games free space, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about that within FEBuilder...