• Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Corrin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, he's not a lord in terms of gameplay, but in terms of plot, Shannon is in the exact same situation as Leif and Seliph. Except he was old enough to understan what was happening around him when his country was put to the toch. What's more, he was the one charged with being the Finn figure and had to look after and provide for Seliph throuhout the time skip. Him and Oifey essentially became both rebels and parents at the age of ~twelve.

32 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Whoa, wait a minute here. Arvis raped Deirdre?

That depends on how one would classify having one's memory wiped and being unknowingly set up into having children with your own half-brother by the machinations of an evil cult. In a sense, by withholding such information from her, the answer to that question could be yes.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

That depends on how one would classify having one's memory wiped and being unknowingly set up into having children with your own half-brother by the machinations of an evil cult. In a sense, by withholding such information from her, the answer to that question could be yes.

Alvis only found out about the mind wipe and blood relationship after Julius and Julia were conceived though (well he knew she had amnesia, but I don't think he knew Manfroy was the one that gave it to her).

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Alvis only found out about the mind wipe and blood relationship after Julius and Julia were conceived though (well he knew she had amnesia, but I don't think he knew Manfroy was the one that gave it to her).

I didn't even necessarily say that Arvis was the rapist in this case. If anything, that label belongs to Manfroy, for setting it up.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I don't know much about the Jugdral Wars, but I thought Arvis didn't know about his blood relation with Deidre until later on?

In any case, if he really did brainwashed her, then God Almighty that's dark. I can't believe I'm supposed to feel sorry for him when he meet his end. I could've sworn he was manipulated by the Loptyr cult & regret his action when he finally realize he was being played by them.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I didn't even necessarily say that Arvis was the rapist in this case. If anything, that label belongs to Manfroy, for setting it up.

Eh. Can you really say you've raped someone when you've never even had sex with them? Mind raped maybe. Well, regardless of the technical name, Deirdre certainly didn't have a nice life.

Edited by Jotari

I actually voted for Leif, before remembering that Finn pretty much suffered everything Leif and Nanna would've had to otherwise. For example, he'd go without eating for days so that Leif and Nanna weren't left hungry, among other examples. I honestly think Lyn and Lucina had the worst early lives of all Lords, though; specially Lucina.

Edited by DarkAdvent
Misspelling a single word.

Deirdre wasn't raped, like, period.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't know much about the Jugdral Wars, but I thought Arvis didn't know about his blood relation with Deidre until later on?

In any case, if he really did brainwashed her, then God Almighty that's dark. I can't believe I'm supposed to feel sorry for him when he meet his end. I could've sworn he was manipulated by the Loptyr cult & regret his action when he finally realize he was being played by them.

Arvis had nothing to do with her brainwashing.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Eh. Can you really say you've raped someone when you've never even had sex? Mind raped maybe. Well, regardless of the technical name, Deirdre certainly didn't have a nice life.

Manfloy has a granddaughter, so we can assume some "push and pull" happened at some point in his wonderful life

Just now, Soledai said:

Manfloy has a granddaughter, so we can assume some "push and pull" happened at some point in his wonderful life

Yep. Arvis had absolutely nothing to do with it. And he didn't know the truth about her (both being Sigurd's wife and being his own half-sister) until much, MUCH later on. It was all Manfroy's scheme.

2 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I read what everyone else just so it seems to be misunderstanding on my part. Thanks for clearing that up, but he's still a dick.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

He definitely didn't know about the blood relation, per the Playing Guide interview.

https://serenesforest.net/general/designers-notes/holy-war/playing-guide/

Spoiler

Q: Did Alvis know that Diadora was his half-sister?

A: Not in the beginning. Within the palace, there were few people who could tell him about Prince Kurth and Cigyun’s relationship, and he was only 7 years old when his father committed suicide, so he would likely have been uninterested in the palace gossip that was occurring during that time. Afterwards, his beloved mother Cigyun disappeared, but because of his powerful trust in his mother he wasn’t disturbed by the rumours. Alvis always held the belief that his mother would return for him. He became the ruler of the Velthomer family in his youth and his influence frightened the nobles. Often he would quarrel with them after they disrespected his mother (even though they spoke the truth) and in extreme cases, he even killed people.

Although he had no interest at all in girls, when he first saw Diadora he fell in love at first sight, which may have been influenced by his mother complex. After marrying Diadora, he noticed that Diadora often seemed to be another person, and was afraid that one day she would leave his side like his mother did. Gripped by this thought, he lived his days with great unease (so we can see how much he loved Diadora…) and heard rumours that “Sigurd’s wife had gone missing”, leading him to carefully watch Sigurd. So during Chapter 5, he progressed with his plan (to let Diadora meet Sigurd), which was caused by his inability to let go his endless worry. He obviously shouldn’t have checked, but he was unable to control himself; that was the extent of Alvis’s sorrow. Following that, he investigated Diadora’s past, traveling to the Spirit Forest, and found out that she was Cigyun’s daughter.

However, after discovering his wife was in fact his sister, his feelings still hadn’t changed. He simply tried his best to not let Diadora find out the truth. The sorrow that Diadora would feel after discovering the truth was the most unbearable thing for him… In the end, although Diadora never recovered her memory, she did discover that Sigurd was her husband, but she didn’t hate Alvis at all. When her own son Julius was about to kill her, she didn’t show any resistance, which is due to her subconsciously trying to repent for her crime. Regarding Diadora’s character, there are many ways one could judge her, but as for this issue, it is still too early to draw a conclusion.

I doubt he knew about the brainwashing based on how much he cared about her. But he did suspect she was Sigurd's missing wife and had it confirmed during the Battle of Barhara, he then likely kept that information from her (the interview says she found out eventually and forgave him, but I doubt he was the one that told her as it also says he was expressly keeping it from her).

Dierdre had one of the worst lives.  Forget the ending, the rape, her beloved killed, being tortured and murdered by her own son.  All before that she lived as a cursed individual secluded in the spirit forest forbidden with communicating with others.

Yeah Finn had it really bad, I mean he is a squire seeing his first real combat in the events of 1st generation, then becomes caretaker of his lord's kids at a young age.  Then the whole thing with Lachesis and her unfaithfulness.  

What about Tailtiyu?  All the torture/mind break. 

Then there is Altenna, being raised by the murderer of her parents, obeying him unknowingly attacking and killing even though it goes against her heart.  Though encouraged by Arione.  Until she finds out the truth, used for her ability to wield Gae Bolg.  That would be really tough to deal with.

For Awakening.  What about Nah, who is a hated half breed without royal blood or servants or whatever, growing up in that same apocalyptic future?   

Then talking about breeds and prejudice, of course the mount of Ashnard.  That is a tragic fate.

However we are now going way off lords.

6 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Actually edited that line not long afterwards. Wasn't implying that Manfroy's a virgin, just that he never slept with Deirdre...Probably...He had her under his power for some time, and I certainly wouldn't put it past someone like him...

Edited by Jotari

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I doubt he knew about the brainwashing based on how much he cared about her. But he did suspect she was Sigurd's missing wife and had it confirmed during the Battle of Barhara, he then likely kept that information from her (the interview says she found out eventually and forgave him, but I doubt he was the one that told her as it also says he was expressly keeping it from her).

That's a bit too easily forgiven for my liking, but I guess she wouldn't be a Fire Emblem character if she didn't turn the other cheek.

I voted for Leif, but since it's backstory and not just how they grew up, I don't think characters like Marth are out of the running. Betrayed and forced out of your homeland is rough.

I guess Lucina would have the most harshest in concept, but not much is given on how fucked her world was beside generic, "everyone died" spiel. With Marth, we actually get to see the fall of Altea itself, with his sister staying behind to let him escape. That personal look into the situation is probably why many are saying people other than Lucina. We get a closer look into the other Lords' lives and thus whatever tragedy hits them, hits us too. Lucina, as said, we really don't get a concrete idea of what happened in her future.

I want to say Leif.

Thing is it's backstory here. Leif's parents dies, his kingdom's destroyed and he's had to be in hiding because he'd have been killed as the child of traitors, but he was still in a pretty stable situation in Fiana (after some time on the run with Finn and Nanna) before the start of the game.

Lucina and Lyn are definitely worse, Celica's is actually pretty horrifying as well if you think for a second because she's spent her life in hiding because she was being hunted for being Lima's kid (though she's doing alright besides), Marth was forced into exile because his country was destroyed and he has to assume his family died (including being saved by his sister in the anime by being warped away), continuing from there by trying to prepare for a revolt and Seliph might have been comfortable enough, but he was always aware of his father's being and the only reason he didn't have to run away was because they weren't found for 17 years and Shanan and Oifey have been rebelling the whole time (They and Finn have a terrible situation to deal with for that period).

Lucina's the worst (Literal survivor of the end of the world), but Lyn's the worst without an apocalypse.

I'd say the one with the easiest childhood is Eliwood. Corrin only loses because he was kidnapped and Roy only had one parent for great deal of his life. Ephraim and Eirika are probably up there too. Sigurd might have been up there, but we know next to nothing.

17 minutes ago, RedRob said:

I guess Lucina would have the most harshest in concept, but not much is given on how fucked her world was beside generic, "everyone died" spiel. With Marth, we actually get to see the fall of Altea itself, with his sister staying behind to let him escape. That personal look into the situation is probably why many are saying people other than Lucina. We get a closer look into the other Lords' lives and thus whatever tragedy hits them, hits us too. Lucina, as said, we really don't get a concrete idea of what happened in her future.

Well we do get this cutscene.

Plus like all the Future Past stuff.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I want to say Leif.

Thing is it's backstory here. Leif's parents dies, his kingdom's destroyed and he's had to be in hiding because he'd have been killed as the child of traitors, but he was still in a pretty stable situation in Fiana (after some time on the run with Finn and Nanna) before the start of the game.

Lucina and Lyn are definitely worse, Celica's is actually pretty horrifying as well if you think for a second because she's spent her life in hiding because she was being hunted for being Lima's kid (though she's doing alright besides), Marth was forced into exile because his country was destroyed and he has to assume his family died (including being saved by his sister in the anime by being warped away), continuing from there by trying to prepare for a revolt and Seliph might have been comfortable enough, but he was always aware of his father's being and the only reason he didn't have to run away was because they weren't found for 17 years and Shanan and Oifey have been rebelling the whole time (They and Finn have a terrible situation to deal with for that period).

Lucina's the worst (Literal survivor of the end of the world), but Lyn's the worst without an apocalypse.

I'd say the one with the easiest childhood is Eliwood. Corrin only loses because he was kidnapped and Roy only had one parent for great deal of his life. Ephraim and Eirika are probably up there too. Sigurd might have been up there, but we know next to nothing.

We don't even know if Sigurd has a mother. To my knowledge, in all the game's scripts and Kaga interviews and short stories, she's never mentioned once. DId she die in child birth? Fall off a horse when Sigurd was nine? Was she alive the entire time and then murdered by the Empire? Was she alive the entire time and not murdered by the empire because she posed no threat? Could she still be around in Chalphy when Seliph kills Alvis? Did Byron asexually create his two children?

Apologise for the double post. Serenes won't let me edit for some reason, saying something about too much time having past or it being deleted or moved.

I voted Leif because while he went through those hardships as a young child he still went through them and things that happen to young children scare them for life.  Having people hunting for you, not have enough food to eat and losing most of the people you care about tops Lucy's backstory for me.  Lucina lives in the worst world but at least she knew her parents and she never said she starved.

Edited by EricaofRenais

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I voted Leif because while he went through those hardships as a young child he still went through them and things that happen to young children scare them for life.  Having people hunting for you, not have enough food to eat and losing most of the people you care about tops Lucy's backstory for me.  Lucina lives in the worst world but at least she knew her parents and she never said she starved.

See, this is what I mentioned earlier.  While Leif has been persecuted nearly since birth, Finn was the one who went through most of the hardships which Leif and Nanna would've otherwise experienced. It i stated Finn would go for days without food just so Leif and Nanna were never left hungry. And even then, the three of them eventually found safe haven at Fiana, where Leif could grow up accompanied by the other villagers of Fiana. So, while I'm not saying Leif didn't suffer while growing up, most of the hardships many think he endured were actually endured by Finn. Or am I wrong somewhere?

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

See, this is what I mentioned earlier.  While Leif has been persecuted nearly since birth, Finn was the one who went through most of the hardships which Leif and Nanna would've otherwise experienced. It is stated Finn would go for days without food just so Leif and Nanna were never left hungry. And even then, the three of them eventually found safe haven at Fiana, where Leif could grow up accompanied by the other villagers of Fiana. So, while I'm not saying Leif didn't suffer while growing up, most of the hardships many think he endured were actually endured by Finn. Or am I wrong somewhere?

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

He did no such thing as brainwash her. Manfroy erased Deirdre's memories so that she would be found by Arvis. Brainwash is to force someone to adopt radical beliefs through systematic and forceful pressure. And Deirdre was in fact never forced into marriage. She had a choice, and she accepted Arvis marriage proposal.

1 minute ago, DarkAdvent said:

See, this is what I mentioned earlier.  While Leif has been persecuted nearly since birth, Finn was the one who went through most of the hardships which Leif and Nanna would've otherwise experienced. It is stated Finn would go for days without food just so Leif and Nanna were never left hungry. And even then, the three of them eventually found safe haven at Fiana, where Leif could grow up accompanied by the other villagers of Fiana. So, while I'm not saying Leif didn't suffer while growing up, most of the hardships many think he endured were actually endured by Finn. Or am I wrong somewhere?

Actually, this brings up a very good point. If Grima laid waste to the world and the land in the future world, how exactly where they getting food from anyways? I imagine that most animals were killed and a lot of the land became barren with little crops.