Should FE4's hypothetical remake follow the manga?

Guest Dreamyboi

It's also posisble that Lachesis innocently had Nanna with Finn after the Beowolf died in the Bharhara Barbeque. But Beowolf's own comment in Chapter 5 would still mean she had eyes on Finn while she was married.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

But then why can't Nanna use the Beo Sword? Is it a sexist weapon? I've hear the suggestion before that Nanna only means adoptive father when she calls Fin that, but I find it particularly strange, since Leif's in the exact same situation as Finn and he doesn't call Finn father on a first name basis (even though he does consider Finn his father). Mahybe it's just meant to be a quirk of Nanna's but I think other people, including one of the chapter opening narrations, call Nanna his daughter and Leif is never referred to in the same way, even though he has just as much cause to be.

Eh... Do you mean Archanea Saga? Because that's the only BS Fire Emblem I know of and as the name implies, that takes place in Archanea.

It's a joke...BS is called FE4 by IS.

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

That doesn't make any sense. It came out after Genaology of the Holy War.

SHhhh I don't remember what I'm talking abouttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

While a lot of characters benefitted from the added characterization (Ulster and Lene say hello), there are others that were hurt by it. Larcei and Tine come to mind. Their character traits/arc in the game is forgone for dumb drama. They both become crybabies over men, which was never the case in the game (where Larcei is more of an independent/need-no-man type of girl and Tine's character concept was a shrinking violet that becomes braver). Also, Chulainn and Beowulf are left out, which is a bummer.

At least there's the Earth Sword joke.

No, no, and no I don't need an incestuous Eldigan that really wants to bang Lachesis. To the point where be will betray his wife and tell people he doesn't know that well that he want some minor Hezul blood. That's too much, and butchers him greatly.

The manga only hurts the argument of the level incest in FE4, adding more into the game is excessive.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Regardless as to what happens, I hope they do give Eldigan's wife at least one on screen appearance. As it is, she just eixsts to fart out Aless. I'd likewise love to see who Sigurd's mother is too.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

While a lot of characters benefitted from the added characterization (Ulster and Lene say hello), there are others that were hurt by it. Larcei and Tine come to mind. Their character traits/arc in the game is forgone for dumb drama. They both become crybabies over men, which was never the case in the game (where Larcei is more of an independent/need-no-man type of girl and Tine's character concept was a shrinking violet that becomes braver). Also, Chulainn and Beowulf are left out, which is a bummer.

At least there's the Earth Sword joke.

Reading this kind of makes me sad because I like the manga so far and Tine is one of my favorite FE characters so I had hoped the manga would handle her arc well.

Edited by Hekselka

4 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Reading this kind of makes me sad because I like the manga so far and Tine is one of my favorite FE characters so I had hoped the manga would handle her arc well.

From what I've heard, the other manga didn't do much better for her character. It seems like both authors focused on Tine's love life rather than her personal vengeance, which I find more interesting. Her facing off against Hilda is one of the highpoints for her character in-game, I think it's a shame they didn't focus more on the braver aspect of her character.

However, don't let Tine/Larcei let you down. You may gain other favorites. Lene, Patty and Nanna are very well done imo- although they're both in romantic relationships, it isn't the main factor to their characterization. You may find new favorites in them. (Plus Lene has a great design). As for guys, Ulster and Oifaye are also highlights for me. I would say more characters are done well than characters done badly. Tine still has her good moments though, from what I've heard.