March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just going to point out there were twelve other 5-star exclusive blues (Azura, Delthea, Ephraim, Hardin, Hinoka, Linde, Micaiah, Morgan (F), Nephenee, Ninian, Olwen, Tana) still available…

In a month and a half, it will be a whole year since Linde had last been on a banner.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was hoping they'd save Sakunyan for the banner next month, so I could build more orbs.. (and pull me some bunnies). Instead, I'll have ~180 orbs initially to make this happen, and with my shitty luck with these banner (Jan and Feb banners took hundreds of orbs from me without a 5*) this could turn out very disappointingly.. It might even force me to stop being F2P.

At least they were merciful with adding an evil F!Grima and B!Lyn. If it had been Mist, that would've been just cruel. Having multiple of the other two won't be a bad thing because of IVs and Lyn making for great SI fodder in a pinch.

Still, all I really want is Sakunyan.. I was so sad when I failed to get her for over a month and consoled myself that she'd be on one of these... After my past experiences though, I am more than nervous. Who knows when she'll be back after this.. 

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Take your cynicism to one of the threads dedicated to that.

Cynical Schmenical

I'll stop complaining. Shouldn't be too emotional over a mobile game. From now on I'll try to keep my mouth shut

Oh okay. F!Grima, so? Damn she give speed as bonus. Why Speed ? Oh well...

Nonetheless, I'm pulling colorless here. Have no NekoSakura, I still can use F!Grima, and I have to broke my curse about the inhability to pull any Lyn. Plus I can use more Swift Sparrow fodder.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In a month and a half, it will be a whole year since Linde had last been on a banner.

Yup. And that sucks because I both don't have her and want her. Fortunately for me, they at least put Lute (and not Micaiah, who recently fell into my lap) on this one, who I also don't have and want. But seriously IS, bring back Linde sometime this year dammit.

Aww man, I was really hoping they'd use the colourless breath to introduce other transforming units like taguel. Or if they want breath it to be just for dragons, dragon laguz. Ah well, I never pull on these legendary banners anyway because 8% is a lie.

So feGrima fans have successfully whined her into the game. Congratulations, unironically.
But why isn’t she in her rightful grandmaster outfit? Come the fuck on, it’s not like cuboon’s Cipher art doesn’t exist:
TCGCipher_Robin_female_03.png

Oh my gosh! Summer Elise AND Halloween Sakura are in this?! Well, Elise is top priority for me! Time to unleash my stockpile! I mean, if I get Fell F!Robin or a better IV Gunnthra or Sakura it would be cool but Summer Elise is a MUST. Summer Tiki and Brave Lyn are just troll fodder to me, and red and blue will be avoided like the plague unless I’m forced to pull one, which will be blue, for a better Brave Lucina. If 200+ saved orbs can’t do it, and I have to buy some orbs, so be it. I’m not missing out on Summer Elise this time!!

They could have given Grima a new Assist skill, something like this: 

Void - Reduces HP of adjacent ally to 1 HP. Grants ATK/SPD/RES/DEF+3 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.    

Edited by mampfoid
Zero is too low if we want to avoid zombies

Female Robin/Grima is kind of tempting since I never got the male counterpart plus she is a colorless flying dragon but I need to save orbs if I'm right in assuming a certain someone is being put on the Bridal 2.0 banner. She will be back on another legendary banner anyways.

Tried for Mist, got Innes instead. Which I'm completely okay with. But dang.

On topic, I sure do hope I can get Summer Tiki. With my luck tho, I'll end up with 6 Elises (Elisi?) instead. These banners really love to give me Fates characters tho.

The first one gave me 4 Spring Camillas. No Hector.

Don't think I pulled on the second one.

3rd gave me 3 Seigberts.

4th gave me 3 Shiros 1 Leo 

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I know he's shorter, but surely the Robins could have had their robes updated?

I may be the only weird one, but I prefer the Robins’ coat to Morgan’s. The Robins’ is sharp and crispy, Morgan’s is blurred and overdetailed.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

much better art than her male counterpart

Yeah, no.

Edited by Vaximillian

God, F!Robin/Grima is tempting. I'm trying to save orbs and than she pops up. Damn it.

The fact that she's a colourless flying dragon unit makes me want to pull her, since I'm lacking both flying and dragon units. The only dragon unit that I have is M!Robin, and it was an absolute struggle to get my mitts on him.  Not really interested in any of the other units, so that's a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, no.

No? I just found that the style of female Grima fits better to the general style of Heroes, while male Grime looks more like the mix of a DC comic and ... I don't know, Ren & Stimpy? 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No? I just found that the style of female Grima fits better to the general style of Heroes, while male Grime looks more like the mix of a DC comic and ... I don't know, Ren & Stimpy? 

That's fine, but Grima (M)'s face in his Special activation art is infinitely better than Grima (F)'s. He just looks so much like the raging sadist he is, I love it.

Spoiler

YTiYHAd.png?1

The attacking art makes it look like she's falling over backwards, like in one of those corporate trust-building exercises. Chrom has to catch her, but obviously didn't, and as a consequence she wants to destroy the world.

(I'm happy enough with the art overall though)

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

There is no such thing as “general style of Heroes”, nor can there be one with no less than 76 (seventy-six!) artists currently having contributed to the game.
When you have AKIRA’s and Mendako’s comic-book-esque stylised Olivia, Lon’qu, and Hector (EDIT: and ARTHUR!) on one end and Ippei Soeda’s hyperrealistic Arden and Dorcas on the other end of the scale, everything inbetween goes and fits. You have Akihiro Yamada’s old-school Zephiel, Jagen, and Ogma, and Sakura Miwabe’s loli Lachesis, Delthea, Est, and Mist. You have Miyuu with her characteristic style, and HACCAN with his characteristic thighs. There is a style for anyone to appreciate in Heroes. The only thing there is not is “general style”.

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm out of luck, Witch Nowi is here and I only have 130 orbs.  I really hope this isn't my last chance to get merges, hopefully on the last day the old spring banner returns for VG so I can look forward to the old Halloween banner coming back.  The other colors have good consolation prizes if no reds show up at least, especially colorless (Nowi would love Res Smoke), that's where I will go if no red shows up.

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Honestly,I prefer M!Grima's art the most out of all the possessed heroes because it makes him actually look warped and twisted in a way. The rest, if you removed the slasher smiles, purple tendrils and red eyes, just look normal. So, like Arthur's art, it feels the most suitable for the character, personally

Well, turns out the dataminers were right. Merr Grimas.

So as for the colours: Red's actually one I'd skip this time, D!Ike with a nature's not a high priority, Zelgius is low priority though I do need another sword armour and I already have Witch!Nowi. Blue does have Lute but the other two are units I'd rather not be hunting for as Fjorm is one of the few units I don't know what nature I'd take and I already have a great Lancina. Green does have Gunnthra, but it also has Summelise (who I have but her nature is terribad) and Tikini (who I don't have). Colourless though...... It has F!Grima (interesting unit), Catkura (The one halloween unit I didn't get..... Fucking Jakob) and B!Lyn's gotten a rerun which could be nice for Swift Sparrow/merges.

So my order for this one is Colourless, Green, Blue and Red. I'm surprised. Red needed a better set of choices.

Edited by Dayni

Does anyone else think that female Grima will actually be less impressive than male Grima? I mean, Dragonskin doesn’t really seem that impressive, she lacks the ability to have Vengeful Fighter, being Colorless isn’t really that good and most importantly, she seems lacks male Grima’s massive attack which was his strongest point.

Edited by Water Mage

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is no such thing as “general style of Heroes”, nor can there be one with no less than 76 (seventy-six!) artists currently having contributed to the game.
When you have AKIRA’s and Mendako’s comic-book-esque stylised Olivia, Lon’qu, and Hector on one end and Ippei Soeda’s hyperrealistic Arden and Dorcas on the other end of the scale, everything inbetween goes and fits. You have Akihiro Yamada’s old-school Zephiel, Jagen, and Ogma, and Sakura Miwabe’s loli Lachesis, Delthea, Est, and Mist. You have Miyuu with her characteristic style, and HACCAN with his characteristic thighs. There is a style for anyone to appreciate in Heroes. The only thing there is not is “general style”.

Yeah that's true, there are really big differences already. Then it's more personal preference I guess. It's not that I detest male Grimas art, I just found female Grimas art more fitting. 

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's fine, but Grima (M)'s face in his Special activation art is infinitely better than Grima (F)'s. He just looks so much like the raging sadist he is, I love it.

Yep, that face is cool, while female Grimas face in her special art is a little awkward. The rest of male Grima (especially the Hand) is too much out of proportion for my liking. 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Honestly,I prefer M!Grima's art the most out of all the possessed heroes because it makes him actually look warped and twisted in a way. The rest, if you removed the slasher smiles, purple tendrils and red eyes, just look normal. So, like Arthur's art, it feels the most suitable for the character, personally

He looks very possessed, indeed. Also the rest of his body looks twisted and out of proportion. That makes him less appealing to me (personally), even if I like the addition of evil/possessed heroes very much.  

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Does anyone else think that female Grima will actually be less impressive than male Grima? I mean, Dragonskin doesn’t really seem that impressive, she lacks the ability to have Vengeful Fighter, being Colorless isn’t really that good and most importantly, she seems lacks male Grima’s massive attack which was his strongest point.

She's a solid addition into flier emblem teams. If I do get her, I'd immediately put her in my flier emblem team