March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fffffff I did not really have time for this but dang it I did it anyway.

So far from the banner I've gotten another Vanguard Ike +Atk/-Spd this time, so I'll probably merge into that eventually. And a second Gunnthra +Spd/-Atk who is the only unit on this banner I did not want to pull but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

She's a flier, so no good once again sadly.

Agh, I forgot about that. Well, I guess she is not going to be tanking any nukes then.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

So what does that mean for a +Spd -HP one? I planned on using her for enemy phase, but is player phase better?

Since she dies to LA!Roy, Reinhardt, Celica, and BH!Lyn, I would not recommend using her as an Enemy Phase unit. You can give her buffs to make her tank them, but that is a lot of effort and she will still be in pretty low HP afterwards, so you might as well bring in a proper Enemy Phase tanks like Dierdre or Raven mages.

You can give her a dual phase build using Fury and Desperation, letting her tank things like Distant Counter Ayra and Nephenee since they are slower without an A slot stat boost, and then switch over to Player Phase after her HP drops. However, I would not actually use her as a tank to take on anything substantial like nuclear Ayra and Nephenee running Swift Sparrow and the like.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Ike's canon element in his home game was Earth, Ephraim's was Fire... as for Grima, physically and scientifically speaking , if you fell you fell to the ground, right? ground=earth,  so theres that. 

Still I see little sense. It would have made sense of Grima's origin was tied to earth dragons, and it was implied in Awakening, but Echoes revealed he's more closely tied to divine dragons. The fact that her floating is important enough to MAKE HER A FLYING UNIT doesn't help 

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Agh, I forgot about that. Well, I guess she is not going to be tanking any nukes then.

Since she dies to LA!Roy, Reinhardt, Celica, and BH!Lyn, I would not recommend using her as an Enemy Phase unit. You can give her buffs to make her tank them, but that is a lot of effort and she will still be in pretty low HP afterwards, so you might as well bring in a proper Enemy Phase tanks like Dierdre or Raven mages.

You can give her a dual phase build using Fury and Desperation, letting her tank things like Distant Counter Ayra and Nephenee since they are slower without an A slot stat boost, and then switch over to Player Phase after her HP drops. However, I would not actually use her as a tank to take on anything substantial like nuclear Ayra and Nephenee running Swift Sparrow and the like.

Don't have a Deidre and my two Boeys are both -Def. My Cecilia is -Def as well and I foddered off all the standard F!Robins (yes it was stupid, but what's done is done). I don't have the option of using tanky raven mages . Dragon skin and flier buffs should still work perfectly fine so long as I have someone to heal her afterward. When you don't have options you make do with what you have.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Since she dies to LA!Roy, Reinhardt, Celica, and BH!Lyn, I would not recommend using her as an Enemy Phase unit.

@Nanima

I would counter argue that Grima, being colorless, doesn't need to survive any of those to succeed. Being colorless means she's probably never going to be your team's primary choice to answer a specific threat, but she can cover for any of your team members if they end up at low health and unable to take another round of combat.

With Dragonskin and Fortify Fliers/Dragons, she hits 40 Def. If you run Guard instead of Cancel Affinity, she can survive pretty much any physical unit with up to 58 Atk, and no unit running a Brave weapon (excluding Bold Fighter units) will be able to perform a follow-up attack due to her Spd.

32 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Still I see little sense. It would have made sense of Grima's origin was tied to earth dragons, and it was implied in Awakening, but Echoes revealed he's more closely tied to divine dragons. The fact that her floating is important enough to MAKE HER A FLYING UNIT doesn't help 

Darkness is associated with the element of earth, the opposite of the sky that brings light to the world.

I think this might be the first legendary banner where I didn't spend all of my orbs. Still spent almost all of them though.  

Regarding pulls on the banner, I wanted a LH!Robin to replace Valter on my flier team but ToD!Nowi is not a bad alternative at all with her Hone Fliers support. I can always get Robin in future LH banners. 

As for the map, even though Takumi's map took more stamina potions, I personally feel like this map was harder because of the specific sacred seals I had to equip on my units to clear this map.

Edited by tobuShogi

I am not seeing F!Grima run the meta at all. She is only bulky because she is fast but otherwise... She is getting wrecked by Falchion and Naga users and even melee Units with high res will crush her. Even Brave Bow fliers will wreck her if she doesnt run Dragonskin, which kinda compromises her Player Phase built. I guess you could make an Enemy phase built with Vantage and other stuff because she is fast enough to not need Quick Riposte.

My first run was with my arena team running their arena sets and I managed to clear it first run but I had to run from Grima for like 3 turns for positioning and shit

Hinoka barely made the ORKO

Came home and actually swapped skills to stuff more suited for PvE and it wasn't too bad

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am not seeing F!Grima run the meta at all. She is only bulky because she is fast but otherwise... She is getting wrecked by Falchion and Naga users and even melee Units with high res will crush her. Even Brave Bow fliers will wreck her if she doesnt run Dragonskin, which kinda compromises her Player Phase built. I guess you could make an Enemy phase built with Vantage and other stuff because she is fast enough to not need Quick Riposte.

To be fair, none of the other legendary heroes are meta defining either.

I wonder if they're gonna make them the new Hero Battles since it does follow the rule of 4 survivors, as well as the no Light's Blessings used. Perhaps we can call them LHBs (Legendary Hero Battles) in a similar vein to HBs, GHBs, and BHBs. Like introduce a new LHB map if the LH banner introduces a new Legendary Hero.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

F!Grima is for sure not going to turn the metagame upside-down like her male counterpart did, but I wouldn't sell her short. Dragons having to avoid Falchion/Naga like the plague is nothing new, and ignoring that obvious weakness she most of the tools to become a fantastic ranged tank. I was thinking something like this:

HP: 37 (-)
Atk: 48
Spd: 35
Def: 30
Res: 29 (+)
Weapon: Expiration
Support: Reposition
Special: Moonbow
A: Dragonskin
B: Quick Riposte 3 / Vantage 3
C: Res Smoke 3 / Guidance 3
S: Threaten Spd 3

Edited by Some Jerk

59 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

To be fair, none of the other legendary heroes are meta defining either.

Yeah, funny that the permanent alts are the obvious better choices. Zelgius have better speed, Black Luna  and  Warp Powder, Gleipnir Eirika is bladetome material with that speed, Horse Chrom is both tank and sweeper once Sealed Falchion's Brazen All + horse emblem buff hits, Male Grima is obvious all-killing armor....Yeah. 

19 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I wonder if they're gonna make them the new Hero Battles since it does follow the rule of 4 survivors, as well as the no Light's Blessings used. Perhaps we can call them LHBs (Legendary Hero Battles) in a similar vein to HBs, GHBs, and BHBs. Like introduce a new LHB map if the LH banner introduces a new Legendary Hero.

I think it will be a thing now, the map for the Female Grima battle is kind of ochre-ish like the earth color itself in FEH (inncluding the color of the Earth logo,  Earth blessing, and Earth Garden in blessed banner). 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

6 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

F!Grima is for sure not going to turn the metagame upside-down like her male counterpart did, but I wouldn't sell her short. Dragons having to avoid Falchion/Naga like the plague is nothing new, and ignoring that obvious weakness she most of the tools to become a fantastic ranged tank. I was thinking something like this:

HP: 37 (-)
Atk: 48
Spd: 35
Def: 30
Res: 29 (+)
Weapon: Expiration
Support: Reposition
Special: Moonbow
A: Dragonskin
B: Quick Riposte 3 / Vantage 3
C: Res Smoke 3 / Guidance 3
S: Threaten Spd 3

That’s about what the vetted builds appearing on the wiki look like and what’s being tossed around in the long discussion thread.  The other special being considered would be Glimmer and there are a lot more flier/dragon buffs for the c slot.  I also think the boon she could most use is more speed and to use flier or dragon buffs to augment her defensive stats.  If you use her like that her IV’s may not be as important unless you pull a -spd.  She’s looks good as something to add to an existing dragon or flier team and I’m probably going to make an earth flyer emblem team out of the one I pulled.

27 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as great as the legendary Robin is imagine if her design was based off this great design that I have always really liked from this cipher card.

250px-B08-048.png

Wow, I never realized that she has a different design for her cipher card, even though I play that deck a lot. And I do agree, it is pretty cool to look at. The robes make her look suprisingly menacing

38 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as great as the legendary Robin is imagine if her design was based off this great design that I have always really liked from this cipher card.

250px-B08-048.png

That card art aggravates me because it uses her Grandmaster outfit, which neither Grima in Heroes is sporting despite having it in Awakening. (Or at least I think they did? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edited by Some Jerk

Didn't come up with anything fancy for Infernal, so I just sent in Team Flying Death Princesses. Elincia, Corrin, Camilla, and Azura had to play a bit more carefully than usual, but still didn't need more than one attempt.

For infernal I had to use Rein and Lyn Cheese. Well maybe I could have found a different way, but I wanted those orbs. Starting to think they should make quests for these infernals that have a blacklist. A 'beat infernal without using *list of op heroes like the Rein/Lyn combo*. Just so that I have a reason to got back and bang my head against the wall for that extra orb or two.

That said this was surprisingly difficult even with that combo. Maybe it is because I just have a standard Lyn and my Rein is 4*+10 instead of a merged 5*, but I actually had to do a lot of running retreats to pull this off. Too many of the units 'just' survived. And Lyn definitely needed that +3 speed seal. Glad I guessed right there.

Edited by Usana

I didn't see people where posting here about the maps as well, so I'm going to quote myself:

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

In the middle of the night (4 o'clock), driving my car on a foggy Swiss road and listening to Freddy Mercury, I found the solution to my newest one-turn clear:

Reveal hidden contents

... and no, I didn't make the vid while driving the car ^^'

@Zeo @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Infinite Dreams 

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am not seeing F!Grima run the meta at all.

She doesn't need to deal with Naga or Falchion. That's what teammates are for.

Her biggest contribution to the meta is a Spd blessing for an all flier team. And you can bet that once I actually have the box space to pull from this banner, I'll be handing Earth Blessings to all of my non-Brave fliers.

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I was thinking something like this:

I'd lean towards +Def instead of +Res. Her Res is too low to reliably deal with magic without Dull Ranged and Spd debuff support.

For an enemy-phase build, I'd run either [+Def, -Res] or [+Atk, -Res], though [+Spd, -Res] does have the advantage of avoiding a lot of relevant follow-up attacks. For a player-phase build, I'd run [+Spd, -Res].

Turns out that even with her default Res+3 in the A slot and no special whatsoever, Nino still cleans up pretty well. Not ashamed to admit I had to resort to look up a strat after wasting one stamina bar on it (I will generally use no more than one bar to solve anything on my own before giving up), and went with the fairly typical Infernal setup of Blade, Brave bow and dual dancers. Pleasantly found both Olivia and Ninian were capable of tanking Robin for a turn each near the end when it threatened to go all pear-shaped.

Sorry Nino for neglecting you for so long, I promise I'll get you some real skills soon. (I foddered away my original +Atk Nino and this is a +Spd one I've had for months but never got around to building properly)

All that only took me up to 13 orbs so I'll wait for the April monthly orbs to arrive before trying to summon again. P.S. Looks like we're not getting anything for that SXSW GOTY award huh?

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd lean towards +Def instead of +Res. Her Res is too low to reliably deal with magic without Dull Ranged and Spd debuff support.

For an enemy-phase build, I'd run either [+Def, -Res] or [+Atk, -Res], though [+Spd, -Res] does have the advantage of avoiding a lot of relevant follow-up attacks. For a player-phase build, I'd run [+Spd, -Res].

Thinking about it for a little while, I have to agree that +Spd/-Res is probably the most ideal nature for an adaptable F!Grima. Despite +Res being a superboon and -Res being a gaping hole in her defenses, this way she has better tankiness against physicals and can reliably eat Bowmen for lunch, and +Spd means she doesn't have to rely on Quick Riposte as much for doubles so it can be swapped for something better; I personally like the idea of using Vantage or Desperation on her.

Edited by Some Jerk