March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

@mampfoid You sure didn't waste any time incorporating that shiny new Celica into a 1-turn clear, and with Alm too!  Celica needing three attacks to kill a green armor with an Armorslayer is a testament to the absurdity of this map.

As expected, I needed to whip out a more conventional team to stand a chance here.  Obscene player-phase power, insurmountable enemy-phase tankiness, Movement suppression via Gravity, and dancing -- all of it has to come together to make some magic happen here.  Special shout-outs to the enemy healer.  She ultimately made this clear possible.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Wow, you made that one look easy! And just perfect having Alm accompany Celica's first time in a 1 turn clear video.

I should have tried my Alm for this map too. I forgot all about him since I got pretty tunnel visioned on fliers again.

Yeah it was fun to use them both together, a nice coincidence. My first plan was to use M!Marth, but Grima is hard to double and Alm already had WoM2. In Linus GHB I had trouble to deal with a dragon, thus Alm got WoM and nearly made it into the clear. 

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid Nice clear! Loving that Celica/Alm duo. Random semi-related funny story: I pulled an Alm in the same summoning session as my first CYL Celica. It was fitting. Random semi-related funny story #2: I was actually considering giving Marth WoM and Galeforce for this. Now I'm starting to think I should have gone through with it.

They have many parallels in my roster too. Except for BH!Celica I got all copies via pity breaker and they flooded me with great natures (2 (of 3) +ATK Alm, 2 (of 4) +ATK OG Celicas, +ATK FH!Celica, +SPD BH!Celica). 

Yeah, I had the same plan first ... oh, you meant Marth, not Marth

Edit: screw it, I'm feeling whimsical today.

Had to look up that word. ^^ 

Caeda still had to eat that Bonfire, I see now my M!Marth probably would not have survived this (perhaps with Swift Strike?). That axe flier was hard to beat for my Roy too. 

Cool alternative clear. 

Marth is now my second hero to have both Aether and Galeforce =P .

SI is there also for fun and I thought you are using Marth a lot? So nothing bad in that, my GF units are packed with SI (no Aether/GF combo though). 

Maybe I'm too used to having a Galeforce unit go up and hit something instead of just moving somewhere. I tried using Celica during my trial and error sessions, but couldn't get it to work. Of course, part of it is probably that I couldn't get Caeda in a good position to do anything after Celica initiated (since the latter can't run WoM).

We just need that WoM seal. It was kind of sad to waste Celicas GF to just move up one tile. 

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

@mampfoid I see that you pull out the big guns(Alm) to deal with the boss. I don't blame you. Congrats on the clear! The accessory looks good on Roy. Mine will be stuck with the bath towel for the time being. 

Thanks! 

The problem was not only to kill Grima, but to find someone to survive her Bonfire. I went the easy route to evade that altogether, but I'm always searching for occasions to include new units in my clears. 

Good thing is the rewards will not vanish, I bet we'll get some other tries at her map. 

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid You sure didn't waste any time incorporating that shiny new Celica into a 1-turn clear, and with Alm too!  Celica needing three attacks to kill a green armor with an Armorslayer is a testament to the absurdity of this map.

Yeah, they are such a happy couple killing the big guys of this map. Not sure, but I think I could have made Celica kill that armor with two blows. I had to nerf her to use all four blows to proc GF. She was unbuffed, LnD2 instead of DB4 and had not the "+" variant of armorslayer, also Def ploy is a thing. 

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

As expected, I needed to whip out a more conventional team to stand a chance here.  Obscene player-phase power, insurmountable enemy-phase tankiness, Movement suppression via Gravity, and dancing -- all of it has to come together to make some magic happen here.  Special shout-outs to the enemy healer.  She ultimately made this clear possible.

Escape Route on PA!Azura is a good choice, I'm running her too with that skill. The absurdity of this map is shown by the green armor surviving two hits and an Aether by Tiki. The healer blocking his teammates is a little like slapstick. When you ran out of space in the end, surprised with a 100% kill against the axe flier and his devastating Dragon Fang against Grima. Of course Gravity+/Dazzle/Wrazzle helped a lot too. Congrats! 

It may have taken me a while but I managed to clear abyssal Grima, the only thing that kept me going was the smug grin I would get when the Axe armour proc's bonfire for 2 damage on tiki

Spoiler

I do want to get that golden seashell hairpin but marths map is even stupider than Grima's so I don't think that's happening anytime soon 

Edited by Mackc2

@mampfoid Really, really impressive clear! Love how both Alm and Celica were in it, and the double armourslayer action was superb! Double Lion looks so fun to use!

I don't really have anything that could go against those Abyssal stats since I'm not a merger haha. I could use the f2p guides but most use the free Veronica, which I haven't gotten yet. I don't want to be forced to get her when I haven't even gotten Bector in my main yet so I'll have to see if other strategies could work for now. I know she's a really good unit and a fun unit to use though, but if I don't summon Bector in my main then I want to free summon him. Good thing orbs aren't locked to this map at least

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Really, really impressive clear! Love how both Alm and Celica were in it, and the double armourslayer action was superb! Double Lion looks so fun to use!

Thanks! Yeah double lion is cool, I hope OG Celica gets something similar for her refinement. Too bad it blocks BH!Celica her from using WoM. 

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't really have anything that could go against those Abyssal stats since I'm not a merger haha. I could use the f2p guides but most use the free Veronica, which I haven't gotten yet. I don't want to be forced to get her when I haven't even gotten Bector in my main yet so I'll have to see if other strategies could work for now. I know she's a really good unit and a fun unit to use though, but if I don't summon Bector in my main then I want to free summon him. Good thing orbs aren't locked to this map at least

I think it's possible without merges in general but also to do an one turn clear. Not sure about Cordelia, but Alm, Roy and Celica could have done their job without merges. Roy would have needed Brave+ sword and some other buffs. 

Don't let yourself getting forced to choose Veronica only to solve this map. I bet it will get another rerun sooner or later. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Caeda still had to eat that Bonfire, I see now my M!Marth probably would not have survived this (perhaps with Swift Strike?). That axe flier was hard to beat for my Roy too. 

I don’t think Swift Strike would be needed? Mine’s running Life and Death, and doesn’t have Spectrum Bond built into his weapon. Marth (Enigmatic Blade) should survive just fine.

Edit: Oh wait, your Marth would need to take the Bonfire. I still think it would be possible. Mine survived with just a little less HP than he would have needed to take it, and again, your Marth has more Res.

Edited by LordFrigid

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid With Fury she got 6 RES more than Marth, without help she doesn't survive:

HKgqUhh.png

No Res buffs active. Perhaps res tactic and ATK ploy would be enough. 

Oh, I also forgot that Robin had been hit with Atk Smoke from Caeda in my clear. That plus the Falchion bond refinement (since Marth would be WoM-ing in) looks like it’d do it...assuming she can hit 51 Spd to double.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

If it's about abyssal F!Grima, do you have a 5* Linus, 200 Divine Dew, Desperation 3, Draw Back, Escape Route 1, Reposition, Savage Blow 3, and Wings of Mercy 2 to spare along with access to Attack +3, Brash Assault 3, Distant Def 3, and Drive Atk 2 seals?

さるGames uploaded an abyssal clear using 5* Linus with unique refined Basilikos, Reposition, Desperation 3, and a Brash Assault 3 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Draw Back, Escape Route 1, Savage Blow 3, and an Attack +3 seal, 5* Fjorm (neutral) with Reposition and a Distant Def 3 seal, and 5* Olivia (neutral) with Wings of Mercy 2 and a Drive Atk 2 seal. I don't know if Olivia needs to be 5*, but if she doesn't, then 4* Olivia or maybe any refresh unit with Wings of Mercy could work.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

ayy lmao severe lack of dignity for this one.

Why? It reminded me of the fact that I'm running Cordelia not often enough with Brave+. Those quads were satisfying to watch. No need to tank Grimas Bonfire when Lilina can one-shot her. Congrats! 

Ah, sorry I didn't tag you, Celica was featured in my clear (with Alm)! 

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @LordFrigid @mampfoid @Alexmender @Vaximillian ayy lmao severe lack of dignity for this one.

I see what you did there with the song choice heh

Is Lilina secretly the Dankuuho? When will we see Dankuuken? Movie sequel when? Why did it take half the entire series before the title mecha to combine? Is Azura secretly Alan?

We never know!

Wow, I used PM1's guide to complete Abyssal. It seemed simple enough, as two of the units I had at the same stats and I had all the right skills available... but a few seals made all the difference. 

It requires an upgraded Drive Attack and Res Tactics, neither of which I had past the first slot and neither of which I had the seals to upgrade. 

In the end, I had to S support my Olivia and Ike (I also A supported Ike with the summoner, although I'm not sure that made much difference), and then I had to give Veronica an Earth's blessing, and be very happy Earth is in season. It took a while to figure out just how to make my units match enough, which was fun-frustrating for me. Figuring it out from scratch is not the slightest bit fun to me, but using my own units to work with a guide is pretty fun :) 

Abyssal Robin is pretty tough.  No coins for seals, no galeforce users, no highly merged units, and I already used Ike for fodder.  I even managed to roll Veronica but that wasn't enough for the guides.  The furthest I got on my own was 3 units left with flier Nino, Airzura, Olivia and Brave Hector.  All of them did their best but it wasn't enough it seems.

As for Abyssal Marth, I could promote Reinhardt but I'd much rather save those feathers for Jamke, plus the gold seashell looks kind of bad to me.  I actually really want those gold goggles as an accessory so this sucks, but maybe I'll be successful on a later rerun.

The funny thing is I'm 90% sure I could do this if Jamke was here right now and I gave him my planned Brave Bow set, but I believe the LHB ends right before his GHB arrives.

22 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Why? It reminded me of the fact that I'm running Cordelia not often enough with Brave+. Those quads were satisfying to watch. No need to tank Grimas Bonfire when Lilina can one-shot her. Congrats! 

Ah, sorry I didn't tag you, Celica was featured in my clear (with Alm)! 

I generally treat double dancer as a loss for myself.

Shut up Alm

20 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I see what you did there with the song choice heh

Is Lilina secretly the Dankuuho? When will we see Dankuuken? Movie sequel when? Why did it take half the entire series before the title mecha to combine? Is Azura secretly Alan?

We never know!

Cordelia is clearly Aoi

Holy crap, it works

Behold, the sheer power of C L I N I C A L D E P R E S S I O N , the greatest enemy of edgy existentialist evil dragon

@SatsumaFSoysoy I just learned that if Etrurian Scumistress doesn't work, you just use Etrurian Scumistress #2 - Ostian Formation.

@mampfoid @Quintessence

Either way this thing is a good wake up call for me, going into the month i actually have 100k+ feather and wasted a good deal of them merging up A Tiki. Gonna save up the feathers from now to the next Abyssal map release and build whats required

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I just learned that if Etrurian Scumistress doesn't work, you just use Etrurian Scumistress #2 - Ostian Formation.

Lilina really does fuck this map up. You didn't really need to charge Special on Innes at the start though, did you?

@XeKr Wow.... 900k+ feathers... and I thought I was impressive with my record of 300k+ but that's almost a million. Jesus. You must not promote ever.

@Hilda Shield Pulse is a rare sight since Saber doesn't exist and Fjorm typically gets foddered for other things. Still I would never have considered putting it on Raven of all people. I'd have to think long and hard about who I'd give a skill and build like that. Just goes to show you though that Raven destroys things even without an offensive special and can be built a myriad of ways, just as long as it's geared towards offense. Anyways, you made that look like an infernal clear, and you did it without dancers, blade tomes or any form of emblem team. That's saying a lot. Impressive.

@LordFrigid and @mampfoid I've never been more jealous about your one turn clears before. All the effort everyone's been putting into beating this purgatory of a map (me included) and you sweep it in a single turn. Frigid's clear was incredible but I know his arsenal is stacked. Mampfoid's clear really impressed me though! Alm and Celica side by side was a thing of beauty and it was both awesome and sad how many buffs Roy needed to sweep that flier when he already had WTA, Abyssal stats are ridiculous but the HP just takes the cake.

@Johann That Cain serves me well in RD but I've never actually seen you use him. More impressed that you beat this without blade tomes or dancers (Gunnthra doesn't counter as the former to me) and you sacrificed potential manpower to run a healer. At first questionable, it gives Cain the edge he needs to keep fighting since he's running WoM instead of Desperation. It's an incredibly well crafted team but it takes more than that to beat a map like this which only makes your win even crazier. Bravo.

@VincentASM I'm extremely jealous of this clear for reasons you will understand if you watch my own.

@Kaden I need a B!Veronica. The clear was impressive but nothing is made more apparent to me than my previous statement after watching that. She's a PvE Goddess. Move over B!Lyn.

@SatsumaFSoysoy A bit salty my Lillina is on par with yours but I wasn't able to properly utilize her. I also don't have either of those Azuras and my Cordelia was only recently promoted for HM farming purposes so she's not currently built yet. Still this clear was awesome to watch. Victory or not I was not able to make this look easy, which is what most of you have been doing. I had to sweat. A lot of finesse in this one though. All of your clears are smooth like this.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Lillina really does wreck this map... I was not using her correctly as all. She probably could have made this a lot easier for me.. oh well. Also nice Hardin there.

Also @Junkhead I meant to put my clears in a playlist in my sig. I'll get around to that one of these days so sorry about that.

@Alexmender @XRay @Ice Dragon @mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Cute Chao @Ginko @Hawk King @Alkaid 

Alright, so Grima's back. Obligatory reposting of the Matthew clear from her first outing. Check it if you haven't, it's one of my best.

Spoiler

Now for the recent stuff, as always you're gonna want to watch these in order. First is the Morgan clear. It was actually pretty seamless. Considering how much trouble this map gave Matthew and Co. it's funny how Morgan's team trivialized it. It's comical because 90% of these maps are cake for Matt and conversely have some sort of counter to Morgan that makes it tricky to deal with. This is the exact opposite. Smooth as butter, didn't even have to swap skills once. Took 2 or 3 tries max, can't remember, it was too quick. Boo-yah.

Next we have a special clear. I know I say don't get used to the third clear but in this case I've been looking for a reason to use Chrom again and I couldn't pass this up. I needed Bridelia who makes her first appearance in my clears but she's part of the Awakening crew so it works out. Frederick comes to his lord's aid once again, we toss a dancer on top and have a go at it. The only real challenge here was keeping the ranged units away from Chrom which the Bride does with relative ease. I actually realized that Instead of Inigo I could have used his mom and the clear would have been a consistent Gen 1 clear and worked fine but ah well. I'm satisfied either way. Now let's get to showing off those bonds.

Now for the kicker... Jesus...

First I'm going to say... this game has thrown me challenges, tough ones even. But the hardest ones have always been self imposed. Since the refinery and this new age of powercreep, I've always taken it upon myself to tackle content, no matter how hard within a specific parameter. Weather it's running my Matthew team and being determined to beat a stage or using a specific team and trying to clear a tough map while limiting my unit selection to a specific game. This... was nothing like that.

This difficulty took every unit I've built in this game, chewed them up, spit them out and somehow laughed in the process. Matthew team, Morgan team, Lillina, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, ToD!Jakob, Emblem teams, Hector, Grima, Sothe, Ishtar, LA!Lyn, the list goes on. This map chewed up every single one of those units I've put time and effort into. I've always challenged myself in this game since getting to a certain point but I always know that if things are too tough I can just break out the big guns and clear it in the worst case. Here that was almost impossible... but I did it.

I'm not going to pretend this was easy for me or that I beat it quick like some of the rest of you did. But I did beat it without a guide. However, it took everything I had and more in order to beat it. Not only was I forced to run the most powerful team in my barracks but I was forced to optimize and overclock them to the point of absurdity and even still It took eons of trial and error before I finally achieved success. Admittedly I forgot about supports which would have made this a heck of a lot easier. But that only makes this even more of an achievement. 

This is not a "showcase" or an introduction of a new team, this is me trying my very best, using the most powerful tools at my disposal to beat the hardest map ever introduced in Heroes. And once again, the standard has been raised. This is my biggest achievement in Heroes. Only difference is it's probably a lot of other people's too. I don't care that I had to resort to the tools I used in order to win, I'm proud of myself and maybe, just maybe you'll get a feel for just how hard fought a victory this was as you're watching. 

This is everything that I have.

Can't rest yet though. Marth is next... God help me.

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Alm and Celica side by side was a thing of beauty and it was both awesome and sad how many buffs Roy needed to sweep that flier when he already had WTA, Abyssal stats are ridiculous but the HP just takes the cake

Thanks! Yeah, I was really pleased I could put something similar to a theme to my clear. Perhaps those two will show up together once in a while. 

To be honest: I don't know if I would merge all my GF units. Until now I was able to kill every opponent so far, but with every merge it gets harder to take the necessary damage to activate WoM. Cherche almost never opens the fight. I even considered to switch Oscars nature to -DEF because it works so well on Elincia. 

/Edit: Lol, pressed the send button too fast while watching your clears. Hang on. 

Edited by mampfoid