March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lilina really does fuck this map up. You didn't really need to charge Special on Innes at the start though, did you?

Yup, its, in fact, the reverse - the 2 starting play is to attack with Lilina or Innes into the Armor to bait the healer to heal the enemies. If Lilina attacked, it would be Axe Armor -> Axe Draco(Dragon Fang) and then Lance Pegasus(empty) whereas if Innes attacked it become Axe Draco, Lance Pegasus(Dragon Fang) which allows Lilina to Glacies on the Peg, move left to nuke the Axe Draco, and then have Hardin swaps in to take on the Red Mage

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Dragon Fang plus heavy blade burns too strong, Lilina looks sad though (running around with only DB2). That +6 Hardin, I think he scares everyone so they realize too late being killed by that red small girl. 

Azura usually no favorite of yours? 

I think the favorite list got messed up before, i actually just noticed she's not faved at that exact moment

The Lilina is fresh built, so theres a lot of leftovers skills on her. The DB2 is actually just included midway in because the Pegasus Lance OHKO Dragon Fang play requires Spur ATK on Axura with ATK+3 on Lilina

@Zeo Yeah the idea to use Lilina actually comes up super early for me, what messed up my run before was when i tried to fit in Marth in, but Marth isn't too effective in this map. The map is kinda awkward for me since they move turn 1 on a segmented position so its not easy to use buffs

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yup, its, in fact, the reverse - the 2 starting play is to attack with Lilina or Innes into the Armor to bait the healer to heal the enemies. If Lilina attacked, it would be Axe Armor -> Axe Draco(Dragon Fang) and then Lance Pegasus(empty) whereas if Innes attacked it become Axe Draco, Lance Pegasus(Dragon Fang) which allows Lilina to Glacies on the Peg, move left to nuke the Axe Draco, and then have Hardin swaps in to take on the Red Mage

Uh, but didn't you do 0x4 to the armor? So the healer didn't heal? Or I was blind.

@Zeo Lilina carried me through Infernal too, but she was Raudhrblade at the time. She's great!

I'll watch at home and get back to you then.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Uh, but didn't you do 0x4 to the armor? So the healer didn't heal? Or I was blind.

@Zeo Lilina carried me through Infernal too, but she was Raudhrblade at the time. She's great!

I'll watch at home and get back to you then.

double Salvage Blow

The healer only heals when 2 stack of Salvage blow is up e.g. 14 HP loss onwards for some reason

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

@Zeo I remember your first infernal Grima clear and was looking forward to your Abyssal solution. You already mentioned this one would give you trouble. I totally can relate to that, on day 1 I nearly gave up remembering how difficult this map was at Infernal difficulty already. 

Morgans clear went as smooth as you mentioned, hard to believe you didn't go for Abyssal ... on first glance only. There were so many exact kills, so many things going perfectly (WoM activation on Amelia and Ninian, special procs etc.), with just one kill missing the whole solution would probably fall apart. I like when Morgan is shouting "Checkmate!" and dealing 0 damage with his special. Of course his buffs/debuffs help Ninian to finish that last mage (and taking damage activates WoM), so in a way he checked him in the end. 

The Awakening clear was cool, I like all those characters from the only FE main title I ever played. From my perspective Olivia wouldn't have made a big difference, Inigo fits just fine. 

Your Chrom can relate now to my Roy, incredible he killed the Axe Flier with 100% of the needed amount of damage even with WTA. That's one bulky flier, the red flier was totally overkilled in comparison. 

Also perfectly timed Aether against Grima, Chrom didn't falter in the face of this false Robin. Cordelia is cleaning house, Frederick takes care of nasty blues, but Chrom is the real star in my opinion. 

Abyssal: Of course everybody will miss Matthew here, but like there is no universal solution to all challenges this game offers, there had to arrive a moment for him to have no immediate answer. (Immediate because I'm sure he'll give this map another visit in the future)

Nino is not Matthew, but it's nice to see another of your merge projects in action. Savage blow on Cordelia chips away ridiculously high HP, but also helps to keep the annoying healer occupied. 

Best close moment goes to Cordelia surviving the Archer with 1HP. So many quads including the glorious boss-finisher, I'd build Cordelia immediately that way but Innes and Setsuna are running quad builds already. 

Even the strongest nukes have to get into position masterfully, well done! 

Congrats on all three clears, many highlights to be seen! 

Grima didn't come again today, not even with September's orbs. Cecilia Celica Emblem went out to punish her: 

@SatsumaFSoysoy 100% Alm-free

@kirauza343 @Nanima redheads win

@Zeo & @mcsilas sorry, music didn't improve much since the last time.

Oliver's team lacks firepower for this map, I don't know if I can motivate myself this weekend to change that. 

Edited by mampfoid

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

redheads win

They do indeed. Nice clear with all Mono-coloured against the non-coloured dragon. I loved how you just showed up the troubadour like that. I remember her annoying me a great deal during my own run in March.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I am pleased, except you said Cecilia. Though Cecilia is also nice. @Vaximillian

Oops, perhaps that's the reason why 1 Celica died in the clear. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cecilia is absolutely, completely, exhaustingly ?

Grima exhausted my orbs me today. But I think it's no big deal to have them mixed up via typo once per month since both the general and the princess are great. 

/Edit: @Nanima Thanks! 

Yeah the troubador is annoying indeed. I tried this map with Oliver and fallen Takumi. Was pretty satisfied for a second to hit so many units with Skadi only to have them all healed up at once by said troubador with a heavenly light. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice pain dealer. I got three Clarines in a row instead. 

Only needs gold rocks to give her Dazzling too. And maybe coins for the seal.
Also this is why grey is hell.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Can't rest yet though. Marth is next... God help me.

I think you can do it, here's a few tips based on what I used:

• A blue mage with really high Atk (like at least 55 but preferably over 60), at least 40 Spd, and has Swordbreaker can kill every red unit, including Marth. You need 40 Spd to kill the red manakete that appears at a certain point, who also has Distant Def, so keep that in mind or try to arrange it so your mage has a special ready. I used Ishtar with Blazing Wind, which she only needed to activate to kill that manakete. She needed Draw Back, also.
  • A TA Raventome mage with Bowbreaker. I used Boey and gave him Glimmer and Swap. They need enough Atk to take out at least the cavalry archer, which I had Boey bait by swapping into Ishtar's spot after she killed that very first sword infantry guy (Boey has 40 Atk, and had 46 on that first turn thanks to Ishtar). I'm not sure it matters what color this mage is, could probably do it with a low budget 4* merged Sophia since
  • A very high Atk/Spd green mage. I used Gunnthra again, which made Marth's AI try to chase her down, and thus he fell into my trap while his allies went elsewhere. You've got Nino which is perfect for the same role, though Gunnthra's mobility helped me out quite a bit, and I can't say for sure if that was a deciding factor. I had to use Spd Smoke sesal on Boey to ensure she could an essential early kill though, and she had Drive Atk seal to ensure Ishtar could kill Marth. Like Ishtar, Gunnthra needed Draw Back.
  • Last slot is a tricky thing, I used Cain, but his build is practically identical to Brave Roy's default kit, so if you have Brave Roy, he should work just as fine (Galeforce only kicked in once). Cain primarily used Reposition and took out the green mages. I didn't ever use WoM despite leaving it on him, so if you used the same setup and don't have enough Spd, slap Green Tomebreaker on him.

Here's the team:

Spoiler

lhbteam2-1.jpg.5683fefb5d7a92c6e54c36b0c845ae7f.jpg

Early on, the fight required some one shots (or in some cases, close to it), whereas later on, the healer and two lance guys (a cav and infantry) had nobody in range so they just stayed back and spammed Rally. I can try to make a video for it again if you want, though last time, the audio desynchronized with the video, so I gotta figure that out. I've seen a strategy that involved shifting everybody to the upper left area and blockading the hallway with the healer in front, though I'm not certain it'd be easy to arrange that, but if you could, you'd be in a spot to pick everyone off slowly with Matthew.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm not going to pretend this was easy for me or that I beat it quick like some of the rest of you did. But I did beat it without a guide. However, it took everything I had and more in order to beat it. Not only was I forced to run the most powerful team in my barracks but I was forced to optimize and overclock them to the point of absurdity and even still It took eons of trial and error before I finally achieved success. Admittedly I forgot about supports which would have made this a heck of a lot easier. But that only makes this even more of an achievement. 

This is not a "showcase" or an introduction of a new team, this is me trying my very best, using the most powerful tools at my disposal to beat the hardest map ever introduced in Heroes. And once again, the standard has been raised. This is my biggest achievement in Heroes. Only difference is it's probably a lot of other people's too. I don't care that I had to resort to the tools I used in order to win, I'm proud of myself and maybe, just maybe you'll get a feel for just how hard fought a victory this was as you're watching. 

I ran two nukes and two Dancers too. Even with BH!Lyn, NS!Corrin, and Olivia at 5*+10 (only BB!Ninian was +0), it still took me dozens of tries.

@ZeoOk, fixed the sound, here they are in action. I think at the very least, you'd get some good ideas by watching how the enemies can be split up

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I ran two nukes and two Dancers too. Even with BH!Lyn, NS!Corrin, and Olivia at 5*+10 (only BB!Ninian was +0), it still took me dozens of tries.

When trying out different units here, Dancers never got me as far as just having a diverse team. If the only dance-able units didn't have any meaningful actions to take, then I've got two units not doing anything helpful in a given turn. I haven't really done much to build my Dancers though, so aside from specific situations, they really aren't doing anything except buff a little and Dance.

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

When trying out different units here, Dancers never got me as far as just having a diverse team. If the only dance-able units didn't have any meaningful actions to take, then I've got two units not doing anything helpful in a given turn. I haven't really done much to build my Dancers though, so aside from specific situations, they really aren't doing anything except buff a little and Dance.

Dance/Sing-Reposition is my schtick.

I guess it is down to what tactics the player knows and are comfortable with, which influences how the player invest their resources and what they will have in their Barracks, which in turn cycles back and reinforces what they know and are comfortable with.

Since most of my major investments have been in Player Phase nukes and Dancer/Singers, I basically only have one hammer in my toolbox, so every challenge I see looks like a nail.

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

So ah, how about infernal, eh? *still stuck*

Have you checked out Phoenixmaster1's channel yet? He got a lot of free/minimal investment guides.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I guess it is down to what tactics the player knows and are comfortable with, which influences how the player invest their resources and what they will have in their Barracks, which in turn cycles back and reinforces what they know and are comfortable with.

Since most of my major investments have been in Player Phase nukes and Dancer/Singers, I basically only have one hammer in my toolbox, so every challenge I see looks like a nail.

i can relate to that. Same deal with cavalry for me. Even when Rival Domains and Grand Conquest call for something else, I still run the horses.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Have you checked out Phoenixmaster1's channel yet? He got a lot of free/minimal investment guides.

As ive seen. Unfortunately, i cant never mimic his runs to a T for one reason or another. In this case, that i don't have QR3 for Ike and that Ive only one Olivia (for some reason,  cause i temember having more. I should prolly ease up on the sending home)

Oliver & Crew strike back:

The original crew couldn't kill fast enough to keep all the reinforcements at bay. Setsuna (the reason my Cordelia doesn't run quad set) had to take over and immediately did half of the kills including the final boss. At least she is in the same tier as FH!Takumi. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy

That Lilina was pretty impressive. Negating full-charge Bonfire by just killing Robin was funny.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@LordFrigid and @mampfoid I've never been more jealous about your one turn clears before. All the effort everyone's been putting into beating this purgatory of a map (me included) and you sweep it in a single turn.

Say no to reinforcements.

Nice set of clears yourself! On the Abyssal clear, I wasn't paying too much attention to what got hit by Nino's Savage Blow after turn 1. Was its main purpose to get the troubadour to heal Robin? Clever.

I didn't have any time to work on either of this week's legendary battles until tonight, but here's a clear of Robin's Infernal difficulty. Hopefully I'll have time to work out a solution to Abyssal after I finish with Marth, but I've had less time to puzzle these out recently than I've had in the past so I might not be able to before it goes away again.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Holy crap that was beautiful. On my side I actually managed to do it with somebody on Youtube that posted a semi F2P clear with Olivia/Vanguard Ike/Brave Lyn/Lissa (Savage Blow seal).

My clear was with the following team:

Lene: Steel Sword (to manipulate AI and force the lance knight and axe armor to move right instead of looking up for Ike ), Fortress Def 3 (not important), Firestorm Dance 2, Drive Spd 2, Drive Atk 2.

Lyn: Mulagir, Reposition, Dragon Fang, Swift Sparrow 2, Axebreaker 3, Atk Smoke 3, don't remember the seal.

Ike: Ragnell, Swap, Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Vantage 3 (not important), Spur Def/Res 2, Quick Riposte 3 Seal.

Elise: Wrathful Gravity+, Spd +3, Renewal 3, Ward Cavalry (filler ), Savage Blow 3 Seal. *Savage Blow 3 on C skill helps*

The key of the clear is basically crowd control and wash away enemies with Savage Blow and final blows.

Lene lures the troubadour to the right side, Lyn goes down on the right where fliers spawn, Ike stays on the left below cav range and Elise sticks to Lene. The rest is Elise being the choke point in front of the troub and chipping the wyvern, that way she gravities axe wyvern, lance cav, troub, red wolfmage and Grima turns later. Ike Ripostes the archer and tanks an axe wyvern that spawns on the left, he also kills the red cav that spawns on the north. Lyn takes care of fliers on the east and south, and even the blue manakete with Dragon Fang hit.

On the end, Lyn kills the lance cav, the axe armor, Grima and the red mage.

Well, that was an adventure. I think I spent an hour or so mussing around with my team until I settled on this one, which ultimately brought me the win after a lot of trial and error.

I probably could have ended it a turn or so sooner by not playing ring around the scary purple spikes for as long as I did, but this'll do.

+10 Priscilla [+Spd, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Rehabilitate+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Savage Blow 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Hone Cavalry, Speed +3)
+10 Titania [+Spd, -HP] (Draconic Poleax, Reposition, Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, [empty for some reason])
+10 Eldigan [+Atk, -Res] (Mystletainn [unique], Reposition, Ignis, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade 3)

Peri needs Speed +3 to double the red mage because fuck Raudhrwolf's refine. She also needs Drag Back (or Hit and Run) for positioning shenanigans. I'm not sure why Titania's Sacred Seal slot was empty.

Eldigan's Fury 6 was hell of a pain to manage.

Priscilla draws the troubadour to the left by hitting the armor with Pain while Eldigan and Peri line up on the right to snipe the red mage and axe dragon. After that, everyone just goes around the spikes counterclockwise plowing through everything in front of them and running away from Grima until everything finally dies.

I might try this again later if I'm bored. Maybe I'll try recording... maybe.

gIhXBso.jpg

Edited by Ice Dragon