March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

The old +Spd (just +1 merge) Linde fury/desperation/bladespam from the start of this game still works without too much trouble, so it doesn’t seem like much has changed. Well it’s buffed a bit now by Flashing Blade Seal + Dragon Fang and double flying dancers + Tactics Seals.

Haven’t had time for Marth but I imagine it should still work. 

I was prepared to +10 a +Atk Nino or the f2p dragons Tiki/Nowi/Fae with my 900,000+ feathers but it seems there’s still room for stat inflation to go. >_>  

Edited by XeKr

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperation blade tomes with full buffs have always inflicted gross overkill on normal targets, so I don't think it's especially surprising that it's still powerful enough to carry a team through these inflated stats. I think most of the problems I had with Abyssal was my EP dragons not having quite enough damage to kill—even with TA3 advantage (whereas Nino only had that issue on select overly bulky stuff, like the armours, if she had her buffs). I was beginning to wonder if I should swap over to multiple refreshers when I ended up beating it.

On top of that, while it wasn't specifically on this map, a friend deployed Rein against Abyssal Marth and it worked just fine. Old, mainstay meta is meta for a reason, I guess.

Grima cleared, same 4 people I always use unless the content is just too easy. I do like that it's no longer move ryoma into the middle of everything and just hit end turn at least, whatever my feelings on hyper hp inflation being a fairly unrefined method of increasing difficulty may be.

Screenshot_2018-08-28-19-54-52.png

After several hours of attempts, I have complete the new difficulty node. With Dark Azura, Rein, flying Azura, and my Tharja with tactics buffs.Tharja did most of the work here since Rein can't easily kill the heavy resistance red units. On to Marth's Abyssal, this may take a while.

Abyssal hurts.

...But that didn't stop me from doing it.

There were a lot of "kills you by the smallest stat difference" situations akin to Grandmaster Tactics Drills, but I kept plugging away at it until the eureka moment happened: I realized that killing the Sword Flier spawned the Red Cavalier, letting me delay his arrival by one crucial turn so my F!Grima didn't have to eat both the opposing Grima's Bonfire and a shot from the Red Cavalier at once (she dies by 3 HP). After figuring that out, everything fell into place.

I suppose I could hop aboard the video footage train

Pretty happy that I didn't have to use any extra resources to beat this, even with my wee little +1sies

I don't have video footage, but here's some screenshots from my second Abyssal clear.

Team is Halloween Nowi, Summer Corrin, regular Azura, and regular Ninian. Corrin does the bulk of the work, the others are mostly there to give buffs and movement assists. The dancers in particular should have a lot of room for flexibility, if anyone wants to try adapting this strategy to different units.

Corrin has Blarblade+ and Ninian has Lightning Breath+, but all other SI here is available at 4* or below. Corrin is +1, which I don't think matters here. Other units are unmerged.

tumblr_pe82peS6Nd1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82pcDHoF1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pb6rBG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p5OWFv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pfm7tf1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p8s3s11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h1U40m1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gvgxVv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82grX98T1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h7YlN11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82haBIDQ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gzVkwy1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82gpKtBn1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gwBwEw1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h4fRax1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h5Y0r51rj8duz_540.png

Edited by Othin

Abyssal Robin in one turn: 

Wow, that was faster than expected. First time Celica & Alm, yeah!

I needed to nerf Celica because I didn't have WoM3 fodder for Alm. A little sad, because with her vanilla kit she would have killed the armor, proced GF and arrived perfectly below 50% HP. Positive coincidence I already had Ally support on Roy & Cordelia. Roy needed every help he could get to one-round that Flier (Drive ATK on Alm, Spur ATK & Support on Cordelia). 

Clears so far: 

Spoiler

LHB - Robin: Fell Vessel
Discussion Link - Video Link

LHB - Lyn: Lady of the Wind

LHB - Ryoma: Surpreme Samurai

LHB - Hector: Marquess of Ostia

LHB - Lucina: Glorious Archer

LHB - Marth: Hero King (Abyssal)

GHB - Narcian: Wyvern General

GHB - Robin: Mystery Tactican

GHB - Ursula: Blue Crow

GHB - Michalis: Ambitious King

GHB - Navarre: Scarlet Sword

GHB - Zephiel: The Liberator

GHB - Xander: Paragon Knight

GHB - Lloyd: White Wolf

GHB - Camus: Sable Knight

GHB - Legion: Masked Maniac

GHB - Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark

GHB - Berkut: Prideful Prince

GHB - Valter: Dark Moonstone

GHB - Arvis: Emperor of Flame

GHB - Oliver: Admirer of Beauty

GHB - Lyon: Shadow Prince

GHB - Takumi: Empty Vessel

GHB - Saias: Bishop of Flame

GHB - Kana: Dragon Spawn

GHB - Julius: Scion of Darkness

GHB - Linus: Mad Dog

GHB - Walhart: The Conqueror

BHB - Alm & Celica
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Cecilia & Lilina
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ephraim & Eirika
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Ninian & Hawkeye
Waiting for Rerun

BHB - Minerva & Maria

BHB - Takumi & Hinoka

BHB - Amelia & Tana

BHB - Raven & Lucius

BHB - Corrin & Azura

BHB - Chrom & Lissa

BHB - Tiki & Nowi

BHB - Seliph & Julia

BHB - Matthew & Hector
Discussion Link - Video Link, Alternate Video Link

BHB - Leo & Elise

BHB - Micaiah & Sothe

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Abyssal hurts.

12 minutes, that's long! Not enough space on the battle animation screen for two Grimas, so yours kicked out enemy Grima. That seemed a hard piece of work, Alfonse did a great job and cool to see BB!Marth. Veronica boosts every team in strength, especially handy for epic long battles like this, I guess. 

10 hours ago, Wanda said:

Abyssal

That's fast, I nearly didn't get what's happening in the beginning! Wow, a +7 Celica, beautiful. Also great clear. 

7 hours ago, Johann said:

I suppose I could hop aboard the video footage train

Welcome on board! 

Close moment with 3 HP Ephraim beating the other lance cav. I already knew your über-Cain (didn't know you run him with Galeforce though), but also the rest of the team is pretty cool. I'm not seeing many Clarines around. Strange the blue manakete attacks Cain instead of Clarine, seems it doesn't care about his counter attack. Gunnthrá gets the final kill which is very fittingly the dragon boss. 

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't have video footage, but here's some screenshots from my second Abyssal clear.

Team is Halloween Nowi, Summer Corrin, regular Azura, and regular Ninian. Corrin does the bulk of the work, the others are mostly there to give buffs and movement assists. The dancers in particular should have a lot of room for flexibility, if anyone wants to try adapting this strategy to different units.

Corrin has Blarblade+ and Ninian has Lightning Breath+, but all other SI here is available at 4* or below. Corrin is +1, which I don't think matters here. Other units are unmerged.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pe82peS6Nd1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82pcDHoF1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pb6rBG1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p5OWFv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82pfm7tf1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82p8s3s11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h1U40m1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gvgxVv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82grX98T1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h7YlN11rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82haBIDQ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gzVkwy1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82gpKtBn1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82gwBwEw1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pe82h4fRax1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pe82h5Y0r51rj8duz_540.png

Looking at this further, you can do pretty much the same thing with regular Lightning Breath. The mage might survive Ninian's counter, but that isn't much of an issue.

@mampfoid Oh hey, it's Alm and the redheads! It's nice to see Alm and Celica helping you out (especially together)...this level was brutal, great job one-turning it!

Last time around I had to resort to Lynhardt cheese just to handle Infernal, but this time around? Well this somehow happened.

I love my main team, but I needed some more firepower for this map so my flier team it was. Thank god it's earth season though, otherwise there's at least one moment I know I wouldn't've survived.

Finally did Abyssal with my brute-force team. I kept missing crucial thresholds but then I realised I can still use ally supports. After that, it became manageable.

Team is Nino +10 supported with Axe Azura (B) and Bridal Cordelia supported with Olivia (S).

I was going to get Nino and Azura to S, but I was lazy and it turns out I didn't even need it since the enemy AI changed their priorities.

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Oh hey, it's Alm and the redheads! It's nice to see Alm and Celica helping you out (especially together)...this level was brutal, great job one-turning it!

Thanks! Ha, didn't notice the redhead theme, funny how Roy sneaked into Alms harem.

Alm and Celica make a great double lion couple. I always have Alm as my emergency dragon kill switch. I'm considering to give him heavy blade + Galeforce, but first I need a green and blue GF infantry. 

Celica will show up more often I hope, her skill set made her a member of my GF squad. 

3 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

I love my main team, but I needed some more firepower for this map so my flier team it was. Thank god it's earth season though, otherwise there's at least one moment I know I wouldn't've survived.

Great team, that Camilla got some speed! She nearly died to the staff, 1 HP left. 

That quad against Grima was cool, but I liked also the end when Airzura gets her kill dealing 3 damage. Nice! 

Wohko used 5* Walhart with a Quickened Pulse seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 2 seal, and 5* CYL Veronica (neutral) with a Live to Serve 1 seal and an Earth Blessing to beat abyssal. Not sure if the Earth Blessing would affect anything since it's Fire/Earth season as of this posting.

@mampfoid Wow, you made that one look easy! And just perfect having Alm accompany Celica's first time in a 1 turn clear video.

I should have tried my Alm for this map too. I forgot all about him since I got pretty tunnel visioned on fliers again.

I had alot of fun with the new difficulty levels, though I enjoyed the Grima map more than Marth's. I upgraded my Serra to better suit this map, which I've been meaning to do for ages now. The golden goggles are pretty cool too.

@mampfoid Nice clear! Loving that Celica/Alm duo. Random semi-related funny story: I pulled an Alm in the same summoning session as my first CYL Celica. It was fitting. Random semi-related funny story #2: I was actually considering giving Marth WoM and Galeforce for this. Now I'm starting to think I should have gone through with it.

Edit: screw it, I'm feeling whimsical today.

Spoiler

Marth is now my second hero to have both Aether and Galeforce =P .

Maybe I'm too used to having a Galeforce unit go up and hit something instead of just moving somewhere. I tried using Celica during my trial and error sessions, but couldn't get it to work. Of course, part of it is probably that I couldn't get Caeda in a good position to do anything after Celica initiated (since the latter can't run WoM).

Edited by LordFrigid

Yeah, it's just too bad for me that I still can't use that strat myself because I don't have all those seals fully enhanced... But I'll have to remember it for when I do, and when Grima Robin's battle returns...hopefully sooner rather than later.