March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

Cool, so that worked. I replaced Lissa with Genny in Brotel and yorotosruuu yorotsruuu's strategies which used a Gravity+ healer, 5* Lissa since Elise and Genny are 5*-only summons, to get the enemies stuck after the first turn. I had Genny inherit Lissa's Rehabilitate since she couldn't fully heal BH Lyn with Physic+. I think it might have worked with Imbue instead of Heavenly Light equipped, but I'd like to get a 1-range heal on Genny later and I'm still having space issues as usual. Combat manuals can't come soon enough. Some things changed in the last moments of the battle as the enemy didn't move like in their strategies, so I had Genny chip away everyone's health with Savage Blow 3 instead so that Lyn could finish off the weakened enemies.

Brotel's strategy used 4* Lissa (neutral) with Gravity+ and a Savage Blow 1 seal, 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Axebreaker 2 and a Def Ploy 1 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Drive Atk 1 seal, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with Threaten Spd 2 and a Quick Riposte 3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeQPdi0jS0. He could have used 5* Lissa as noted in his comment in the video, but he didn't.

yorotosruuu yorotsruuu's strategy used 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral) with a Spur Spd 3 seal, 5* BH Lyn with a Def Ploy 3 seal, and 5* Lissa with Imbue equipped and a Savage Blow 3 seal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYCwncmZjwI. As noted before, I just replaced Lissa with Genny with Wrathful Staff unequipped and an inherited Rehabilitate.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really have the time nor patience for Abyssal so I just resorted to a guide. link z's channel has a low SI clear which worked out for me

Posting it here if anyone still needs help

Cherche does need to be +Atk but lucky for me I already had one. I did lack Dragon Fang though (for once, I needed male Corrin for fodder!) but I did have Astra on hand and that did the trick. Good thing I randomly taught mine one from a Virion long ago, although I had to sack a Cordelia in my second account since I lacked Virions. (On second thought, I should have upgraded that Cordelia and given Cherche GF while I was at it for any future Galeforce clears but alas). Also I did have to finally give Cherche the 3rd level of Death Blow to decimate the manakete.

Also randomly giving Olivia Escape Route early on in the game was a blessing so I could follow this. My Olivia was supermerged thought so I had to spent a good hour and a bit trying to get her in the right HP threshold (which in the end had to let her get hit by Savage Blow). The AI also moved a lot differently in a few different tries so that took me a while to get the finishing turns right, but it really was satisfying to see Cherche deal Astra plus exact damage against Robin in the end. Savage Blow is such a great SS for PvE content.

I'll respond to videos when I'm not so tired

Edited by mcsilas

Finally, Astra is useful as it is involved with multiples kills that otherwise would not happen without it. 

Music is Beethoven's Piano Concerto No.3 mvt. 1. 

Chill Spd is basically useless on this map since F! Grima is still way too fast. Probably could have gave Olivia another Seal skill or whatever budget B skill there is. 

I never thought my main flier team would be able to do it, but lo and behold.

I don't really feel like recording it, simply because I don't really remember what it is I did to secure the win, but let's just say that there may have been two dancers, Flier Formation, and Flier Guidance involved.

• ToD!Nowi (+Atk -Res) +2 merge.
  • Rauðrblade+, Reposition, Glimmer.
  • Life and Death 3, Desperation, Hone Fliers, Speed +3

• HNY!Azura (+Atk -Def_ +1 merge.
  • Hagoita+ (+Spd), Sing, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Flier Formation 1

• BB!Ninian (+Atk -Def)
  • Fresh Bouquet+ (+Spd), Dance, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Fliers, Hone Atk 3

• WoF!Hinoka (+Spd -Def) +2 merge.
  • Firesweep Bow+, Reposition, Luna
  • Life and Death 3, Flier Formation 3, Flier Guidance 3, Speed +3

• 4 weeks later...

Late by a whole month... better late than never, right?

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

For this one I did two clear. The first one is the standard Eirika solo in Infernal. It took a while to figure out but the results were pretty nice.

For the second one you'll see that Lilina is the main star this time but everyone did their own part to make this clear go smoothly. I still haven't found a team for clearing these kinds of maps but I think a magic nuke is the way to go. Hopefully I'll decide on a color soon.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

For this one I did two clear. The first one is the standard Eirika solo in Infernal. It took a while to figure out but the results were pretty nice.

Great! Reinforcements from all directions make me cringe only thinking of an own solo. Good idea to rush the north. 

Swordbreaker lance cav and swordbreaker Lance Dragon are the true bosses, Eirika tanking the Grimas bonfire at low health was bonus. 

Congrats! 

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

For the second one you'll see that Lilina is the main star this time but everyone did their own part to make this clear go smoothly. I still haven't found a team for clearing these kinds of maps but I think a magic nuke is the way to go. Hopefully I'll decide on a color soon.

I think you already found a fine working team, very nice clear! Perhaps the nuke should be colorless or green, since Airzura is part-time blue killer and part-time support. 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, mampfoid said:
On 10/2/2018 at 1:20 AM, Alexmender said:

I think you already found a fine working team, very nice clear! Perhaps the nuke should be colorless or green, since Airzura is part-time blue killer and part-time support. 

Yeah, if Lilina isn't enough I think this is a good idea to look into. Nino or B!Veronica would be my first picks (because I'm a casual :P)

Great as ever, @Alexmender!

@Alexmender This would have been more extravagant if I hadn't just watched Eirika tear Tiki a new one. As it stands it's still pretty impressive all the same! Kudos on the Lillina clear as well. I tried to use her, just couldn't find a way to make it work. Sorry it took so long to watch these.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid I don't what came over and decided to attempt this LHB on Abyssal but here it is. I've had enough of this LHB for my life time.

Did it take long to solve? You forgot to post it for weeks. ;-) 

Nukes and dancers are the right answer to this new level of difficulty. Olivia being tanky enough to take hits from the archer was surprising. Congrats!

Hope to see Camus & co on this level one time. :-) 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Did it take long to solve? You forgot to post it for weeks. ;-) 

It took me about a day to figure out but it was spread over 2 days of a weekend. Tried so many things that it was hard to keep track of. 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nukes and dancers are the right answer to this new level of difficulty. Olivia being tanky enough to take hits from the archer was surprising. Congrats!

Hope to see Camus & co on this level one time. :-) 

Thanks! I just happened to refine her weapon and was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked out perfectly. I don't think Camus & Co. are strong enough to take on this LHB on Abyssal as it took everything they had to clear the Infernal level. But that might change in the future.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Since someone else bumped this, guess I'll post my revised infernal solution.

I have a theoretical way to 1-turn this but don't have the skill fodder to make it happen - Minerva needs either odd attack wave or Morgan needs a link skill in order for Minerva to be able to activate Galeforce of of the wyvern, so RIP that idea.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have plans to improve them? 

The current problem is that my units don't have enough firepower to take things out in one round of combat and the enemies spawn too quickly for me to deal with so hopefully merges, teleporting skills, and splash damage are what I need to clear it on Abyssal with Camus & Co.

Edited by Flying Shogi

I needed a break from the Ryoma map. I’m not sure it can be done, too many enemies need the Glacies activation in a pretty short span of time.

This looks like a nice, open map where Julia can just run around with her Dancer squad, but there’s a surprisingly large amount of moves that will cause the enemies to move around the purple spikes differently.

6 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

The current problem is that my units don't have enough firepower to take things out in one round of combat and the enemies spawn too quickly for me to deal with so hopefully merges, teleporting skills, and splash damage are what I need to clear it on Abyssal with Camus & Co.

I had the same problem with Oliver, Walhart and co. They are fun units for Infernal, but Abyssal needs more whoomp

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I needed a break from the Ryoma map. I’m not sure it can be done, too many enemies need the Glacies activation in a pretty short span of time.

Did you try AoE and special Spiral

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

This looks like a nice, open map where Julia can just run around with her Dancer squad, but there’s a surprisingly large amount of moves that will cause the enemies to move around the purple spikes differently.

I like this map, the music and all too, but it can be treacherous. Funny how her main problem are those Pegasus Knights while Grima pops like a bubble. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did you try AoE and special Spiral

I like this map, the music and all too, but it can be treacherous. Funny how her main problem are those Pegasus Knights while Grima pops like a bubble. 

I’ve never pulled a Lewyn ;_; . But no, I hadn’t thought of an AoE. I think I’ll give that a shot, thanks!

Divine Naga’s funny like that.

@Landmaster @ruruo @Azuris @Nanima

I figured since I linked you guys all of the other clears in the current LHB rotation I may as well link you this older one too. The Matthew clear at the time of the map's initial release was probably my best clear with the team at the time. Definitely worth seeing, I did the other clears later on but check em out when you have the time.

Spoiler

This is one of the best showcases of my team since Valter and Takumi. What this map makes me love about my team is how absolutely perfect their synergy is. Every unit has a role they fulfill but also a role they can fill if they need to. And this map forced them to use every single tool they had at their disposal. Genny's capability to tank and attack as well as healing. Ayra's potential as a mixed phase unit, Inigo's dancing ability but potential as a ranged unit. Matt is usually the star of the run but for this one he was simply a leader. He tanked like he always does but where he really shined here was his ability to create a force field around his team with his buffs.

It took one or two stamina potions, the difficulty brought back shades of Valter and Takumi and probably would have been as difficult as they were but my Matthew is not what he once was. Still the key to winning wasn't nuking every unit as fast as possible but to make sure that my team could survive enemy phase. Matt's biggest role is that of a unit that makes your team incredibly hard to kill and that's never been more apparent. For seals, Genny needed the ATK+3 seal to kill the armor and Ayra needed the Close DEF 3 seal to survive the flier gauntlet.

I hope you enjoy this run as much as I enjoyed doing it. This map brought out the very best in my team. I hope they do more of these for future legendary banners. Was a difficulty spike I never would have seen coming. Cheers~

Then here's the other ones that came later.

Spoiler

Now for the recent stuff, as always you're gonna want to watch these in order. First is the Morgan clear. It was actually pretty seamless. Considering how much trouble this map gave Matthew and Co. it's funny how Morgan's team trivialized it. It's comical because 90% of these maps are cake for Matt and conversely have some sort of counter to Morgan that makes it tricky to deal with. This is the exact opposite. Smooth as butter, didn't even have to swap skills once. Took 2 or 3 tries max, can't remember, it was too quick. Boo-yah.

Next we have a special clear. I know I say don't get used to the third clear but in this case I've been looking for a reason to use Chrom again and I couldn't pass this up. I needed Bridelia who makes her first appearance in my clears but she's part of the Awakening crew so it works out. Frederick comes to his lord's aid once again, we toss a dancer on top and have a go at it. The only real challenge here was keeping the ranged units away from Chrom which the Bride does with relative ease. I actually realized that Instead of Inigo I could have used his mom and the clear would have been a consistent Gen 1 clear and worked fine but ah well. I'm satisfied either way. Now let's get to showing off those bonds.

Now for the kicker... Jesus...

First I'm going to say... this game has thrown me challenges, tough ones even. But the hardest ones have always been self imposed. Since the refinery and this new age of powercreep, I've always taken it upon myself to tackle content, no matter how hard within a specific parameter. Weather it's running my Matthew team and being determined to beat a stage or using a specific team and trying to clear a tough map while limiting my unit selection to a specific game. This... was nothing like that.

This difficulty took every unit I've built in this game, chewed them up, spit them out and somehow laughed in the process. Matthew team, Morgan team, Lillina, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, ToD!Jakob, Emblem teams, Hector, Grima, Sothe, Ishtar, LA!Lyn, the list goes on. This map chewed up every single one of those units I've put time and effort into. I've always challenged myself in this game since getting to a certain point but I always know that if things are too tough I can just break out the big guns and clear it in the worst case. Here that was almost impossible... but I did it.

I'm not going to pretend this was easy for me or that I beat it quick like some of the rest of you did. But I did beat it without a guide. However, it took everything I had and more in order to beat it. Not only was I forced to run the most powerful team in my barracks but I was forced to optimize and overclock them to the point of absurdity and even still It took eons of trial and error before I finally achieved success. Admittedly I forgot about supports which would have made this a heck of a lot easier. But that only makes this even more of an achievement. 

This is not a "showcase" or an introduction of a new team, this is me trying my very best, using the most powerful tools at my disposal to beat the hardest map ever introduced in Heroes. And once again, the standard has been raised. This is my biggest achievement in Heroes. Only difference is it's probably a lot of other people's too. I don't care that I had to resort to the tools I used in order to win, I'm proud of myself and maybe, just maybe you'll get a feel for just how hard fought a victory this was as you're watching. 

This is everything that I have.

Cheers~

I don’t often think of Threaten Res as useful, but it has its perks.

I basically followed the movement pattern from the Julia clear to begin with, and adjusted as necessary. Why fix what isn’t broken, right?

Spoiler

@Zeo Genny got to be much more active as an attacker, which is pretty beneficial with her Gravity Staff since the space to work with here is so small. She ended up taking a lot of hits but also getting a lot of kills. Ayra shows how well she works in both phases. Matthew really helps his team take all the damage the can while still surviving.

Team Morgan did get through it with more ease. Priscilla once again has a Miracle save. The Res on that last Red Cav against Morgan was pretty  insane but Ninian cleaned him up pretty easily. I will continue to live vicariously through Amelia and smash all the blue manaketes in the face.

The Awakening team was fun as Brave Weapons usually are. I never get to see Freddy boy, he’s pretty powerful on this map, love seeing him throw Chrom all over the place. Chrom is hella buff, most of the enemies barely scratched him. That Aether on-shot on Grima is extremely satisfying.

I’m not surprised you had to pull out all the big forces on Abyssal. This one was played out really strategically. It wasn’t as offensively driven in some parts as I would have expected but part of this map is knowing where your units are and being able to get them out of the way when they need to be and that’s what double dancers allow you to do. Like Nino’s double Drag Back to save Azura. Probably why I can’t beat this map. I see a lot of Bridelia solo clears on Abyssal maps, she’s just great with that Brave Bow, and all the quad attacks she gets off. Congrats on never having to see this map again~

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I don’t often think of Threaten Res as useful, but it has its perks.

I basically followed the movement pattern from the Julia clear to begin with, and adjusted as necessary. Why fix what isn’t broken, right?

Hide contents

And she does it again, no AOE Special needed this time. This map is one where having Flying dancers is a godsend

@Zeo

That is quite a bit to watch again, but as it soon over, I will enjoy every one even more.

Genny did some work again and Matthew kept up everyones defenses really nice and then took out Grima like it is nothing.

Looked like it wasn't that big of a puzzle for Morgan this time, you kept the map relatively clean so it couldn't get out of hand.

On the Awakening one Cordelia and Chrom were amazing, they made it look really easy and I thought Frederick was just there at first, but even he got some moments to shine.

And that was one of the first abyssal maps, wasn't it? Good job making it through that with your own plan and utilizing all you got. It got close sometimes, but I am impressed how easily you took care of Grima herself. I remember having problems after everything was cleared and just Grima left to find a way to defeat her.

Good job with these clears yet again, was really fun to watch.