March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, isn't a little soon to powercreep Grima?

Does it really count as powercreeping when this Grima is a completely different type of unit than the other Grima? I thought that term usually referred to units that were directly comparable, not units of completely different colours and movement types.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking a pass. I personally do not like Grima and really wish IS hadn't shoved him into female Robin when she could've had a Levin Sword or something and when we literally JUST got a Grima not too long ago.

I know this Robin wouldn't have been a red sword anyway because of RD Ike,, but I honestly expected her to be a healer or archer or dagger unit. Not Grima. Grima's a villain that was bent on ending the world. I don't get why anyone in Askr would consider him a hero for any reason.

At least I get to save my orbs. And I kinda got my chance to be super happy with RD Ike and Ephraim being legendaries, so...

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, isn't a little soon to powercreep Grima?

She's a flier though, and thus isn't going to beat Grima (M) in terms of stat total since the latter is an armored unit. She's also locked out of using Vengeful Fighter or Bold Fighter like her male counterpart, which I'd consider a definite detriment. Besides, pretty much all the high-end Arena teams exclusively use armors to get the maximum possible score, at least from my limited understanding. Grima (M) isn't going anywhere.

At least no Halloween Jakob on this banner, that would make it much tougher to skip colorless.  I don't understand their choices for blue, lot of powerhouse blue units not featured yet, so why the repeat?

1 minute ago, C. Turtle said:

Does it really count as powercreeping when this Grima is a completely different type of unit than the other Grima? I thought that term usually referred to units that were directly comparable, not units of completely different colours and movement types.

Maybe, not sure on the exact definition, but this one has better movement and a handy exclusive skill. Largely though, I'm probably more upset that this is another Grima so soon and a legendary to boot, and that female Robin is not only the first Awakening legendary, who know when or if male Robin will get to be a legendary. Though hopefully he'll be a grandmaster if he does.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

She's a flier though, and thus isn't going to beat Grima (M) in terms of stat total since the latter is an armored unit. She's also locked out of using Vengeful Fighter or Bold Fighter like her male counterpart, which I'd consider a definite detriment. Besides, pretty much all the high-end Arena teams exclusively use armors to get the maximum possible score, at least from my limited understanding. Grima (M) isn't going anywhere.

Like I said above, I'm a bit salty about female Robin being the legendary. They didn't even go the grandmaster route, but maybe that means male Robin will get it.

@Anacybele Maybe she is a legendary hero to Muspell? After all, they seem to have a destruction fetish. Other than that, I got nothing.

It’s hard to say whether I’ll be spending or not. One hand, I always try to get new fliers. On the other hand, my orbs supply is kinda exhausted. I’ll decide when I get their.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

At least no Halloween Jakob on this banner, that would make it much tougher to skip colorless.  I don't understand their choices for blue, lot of powerhouse blue units not featured yet, so why the repeat?

I think there just has to be a CYL in the legendary banners as their rule

i don't mind. Still have no Lancina and an extra Brave Lyn is okay since she has nice fodder

thank goodness there's no must have characters for me so i'll just take the first non-dupe i get from red, blue or colorless. Summer Tiki would be nice for axe valour and i have no Gunnthra yet, but i still need a red mage flier, Lute/Lancina and i don't have any Grima yet and Sakunya is also pretty neat.

I'm happy that blue is a repeat cause Fjorm being there is enough to set me off blue anyway, same with V!Ike being in red makes me want to just avoid but he is excellent fodder at the very least also not happy that the interesting skills keep dropping with the legendaries 

Huh, I guess she's also the first flier with a built-in DC weapon. That's neat.

7 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Yeah, the two of them have very different roles. I certainly don't expect to use her as much as my original Grima, personally.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think there just has to be a CYL in the legendary banners as their rule

i don't mind. Still have no Lancina and an extra Brave Lyn is okay since she has nice fodder

thank goodness there's no must have characters for me so i'll just take the first non-dupe i get from red, blue or colorless. Summer Tiki would be nice for axe valour and i have no Gunnthra yet, but i still need a red mage flier, Lute/Lancina and i don't have any Grima yet and Sakunya is also pretty neat.

Up until now it's been one CYL unit per banner, suddenly they up it to two. Maybe it's a hint about the timing of CYL2? Two reruns this month, two the next, then CYL2 banner?

She shares the same artist as Micaiah and PA Olivia and she looks adorably evil to me. :p

This also means I won't get her because my luck with Chiko drawn characters has been terrible, especially with PA Olivia. And then there's Halloween Nowi (and Lute, BH Lucina, and Zelgius). Yeah, this banner is going to kick my butt. I will be denied a ranged flier yet again.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

@Anacybele Maybe she is a legendary hero to Muspell? After all, they seem to have a destruction fetish. Other than that, I got nothing.

Well, whatever the case, I agree with Sunwoo/Sangyul that this was a mistake. A lot of people surely pulled for and got Grima male Robin who came not long ago, so why would they want to bother with this new Grima so soon who is basically the same barring movement type? Not to mention male Robin is a bit more popular.

Ephraim and Ike at least came way after their original versions did, and they're the first of their legendary elements. Also, Ephraim on a horse automatically trumps infantry Ephraim. xP

Hmm...I already have most of the focus units in the banner and F!Robin doesn’t really interest me. I’ll just do the free roll and save for Thracia. This also opens the gates for more villains to get the “Legendary Hero” treatment in the future. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Female Grima? I know we saw that in the Datamine, but still surprised.

Colorless seems the best. F!Grima, Brave Lyn, and Sakura are good choices.
Red is also good. Zelgius, Va!Ike, and H!Nowi. Not bad, but not top priority.
Blue and green are a little underwhelming to me. Blue has Fjorm and B!Lucina, Green has Gunnthra.

If I decide to summon, I'll go colorless first. Then Red as my second.

Hahah, look at that. Grima is a Legendary Hero before Marth.

...It's fine, it's fine. I'm not mad or anything, hahah.

Anyways...only B!Lucina and S!Tiki interest me here, what to do, what to do....

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Up until now it's been one CYL unit per banner, suddenly they up it to two. Maybe it's a hint about the timing of CYL2? Two reruns this month, two the next, then CYL2 banner?

I don't know what's up with the second CYL unit here, but I'm sure we're still months away from CYL2. I don't know how long it takes them to make new units, but May seems pretty fast, especially when last year suggests we should expect them in August.

Another day another Robin ~

Blue and Grey are the most worthwhile colors for me since I'm missing two from each. If Ephraim had been in instead of Fjorm I would have been really hyped, I still need that guy. Dunno how many orbs I want to spend before getting back to the spring banner's 3.75% pity rate. I'm sitting on 240 at the moment. I just want new units, game. 

Edited by Glennstavos

I would say F!Grima is the most interesting non-oc alt so far, V!Ike is just powercreeped standard Ike and Horse Ephriam is Ephriam on a horse. It was still a mistake to stop using OC's as legendary heroes though but at least they aren't all boring powercreeped versions of themselves 

Edited by Mackc2

I’m definitely going for colorless. I want to give this Grima a try, my Sakura could seriously do with some better IVs, and Brave Lyn is always welcome. I hope to get some stray Sothes and Kleins along the way, especially since the former is pretty shy and was only encountered once as a 4*.

I think green is second choice (I should mention I have everyone on this aside from Robin obviously). Elise is someone I want to give more merges to, and Close Defense from Tiki is cool too. Gunthra isn’t someone I need but I’m 

Red is third. Nowi is cool since she has Hone Fliers which I want to pass to more units. Zelgius can use some more merges, Ike is whatever. 

Last is blue. As much as I’d love to get an optimal Fjorm, the other two discourages me from attempting to try. I already have Lute and Lucina with great IVs and neither really have skills I really want to fodder.

@Anacybele I do agree that this was really dumb on their part. I feel like they did this to calm the people who were mad that Male Robin was Grima when Female Robin was shown off more often to be Grima. One big problem I have with her is that she is a flyer unit cause she floats....what?

Just now, Poimagic said:

@Anacybele I do agree that this was really dumb on their part. I feel like they did this to calm the people who were mad that Male Robin was Grima when Female Robin was shown off more often to be Grima. One big problem I have with her is that she is a flyer unit cause she floats....what?

People complained about that? How stupid. Female Robin was always the one being Grima. It was about time male Robin got a turn at that. Otherwise, it seems sexist because it's basically saying the male can't be evil.

Been thinking about the banner, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

I'm going to continue to avoid red like the plague because Ike. Maybe they'll rotate him out, but part of me thinks they'll rotate out Gunnthra first. A red flier would be nice, but nope. Can't risk it. I managed to pull a Zelgius a while back, but I just don't use armors all that much. 

I was hoping Shigure would be on blue, but no dancers this time around for some reason...For me at least, blue is pretty desirable. I'd like Fjorm merges for arena purposes. And maybe a good-natured Fjorm while I'm at it. Lute is one of the characters I don't have, so it'd be cool to get her, and I still haven't gotten a Brave Lucina with a decent nature. She's always -ATK or -SPD. But the thing is, I don't really need any blue fodder... Tailtiu is always useful I suppose. And I need a few more Lukases. But I got my ideal Oscar. And I've got Shannas for days. 

Skipping green for as long as I can. I got all my Merrics. I'm done with green hell. XD Don't need summer units. I'd only consider pulling green if Hector or Myrrh got on. 

Colorless.... No Mist is surprising, but I suppose it makes sense. Skill/stat-wise she's not the most desirable unit unless you love her...but it does seem unfair that they'd leave her off. I don't really care for Sakura even though I could probably give her dagger to...someone? IDK. I'd prefer Halloween Jakob or NY!Takumi. I suppose Brave Lyn is neutral. Swift Sparrow and whatnot. Female Robin seems like she'll be a good unit...but I may wait until the colorless units with her are more desirable options. 

Soo....dunno if I wanna pull. I may take this opportunity to skip the banner. Then again, I always say that...and never end up doing that. XD