Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

Ursula Lunatic:

Black Knight (w/ B:Vantage 3 and S:Distant Defense 3, and +2 merges) + 3 random units.

BK in position 3, position 4 random unit with the Drive Def 3 seal.

Turn 1: Move BK down one.

Turn 2: Move BK right one.

Turn 3: End turn.

The AI may act differently depending on who your allies are, their levels, colour, etc. but this works for me.

---

HM gains are influenced by a bunch of things. But having a higher level on average gives more HM.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

This does not include the time it takes to get a unit up to level 40.  

lol, that's what crystals are for. Especially when considering filler units you can't see yourself using honestly.

26 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

lol, that's what crystals are for. Especially when considering filler units you can't see yourself using honestly.

You'll run out of crystals pretty quick getting 4*s to level 40.  It costs a crapton to get them to 40.

Today is a great day to level 4*s though - the flying training map are much easier than the other training maps.

Edited by Lushen

I got an auto-battle strat for Ursula Lunatic that just requires the F2P Vanguard Legend Ike and a Gunnthra. Ike just needs Quick Riposte 2 and the Distant Def 3 seal with all his other skills being his innate ones, Gunnthra just needs Chilling Seal equipped (to nerf the Poison Dagger jackasses) and she and the two other heroes of your choice need to be unarmed and not have an assist equipped just to ensure they stay where they are. As for the team layout, Ike just needs to be the third or fourth from the left.

I jumped on the autobattling trend because I started running, and I'm so tired afterwards that I don't have the brain properly do anything else. So here are two (threeish?) that might be useful for next week:

5* Camus can solo Clarisse's hard map. He needs to be in the third slot of your team from what I can tell, and it doesn't really matter what A slot he's running. But he'll need Bonfire, Vantage, QR for this S slot. I'm not sure what level of QR is required, but I've been running QR 3. 

5* Vanguard Ike can solo Clarisse's Lunatic map. I'm not sure if the slot he's in matters, but I've been running him in the third. Mine is +ATK -SPD, but I think the neutral one will work just as well. The only SI he has is Vantage in his B slot, and I'm fairly certain he doesn't need it because he heals up so quickly. Running QR in his S slot helps too. 

I tested the same type thing with Fjorm. I had her in the first slot however. I know she can beat the Hard map running her default kit and QR, but I don't remember if she can beat the Lunatic one or not. -raven mage gives her some trouble. 

I've been running the Vanguard Ike strategy to get HM on Henry, Beruka, and Saizo. I never thought I'd see the day that they'd have any merit at all. XD

44 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

5* Vanguard Ike can solo Clarisse's Lunatic map. I'm not sure if the slot he's in matters, but I've been running him in the third. Mine is +ATK -SPD, but I think the neutral one will work just as well. The only SI he has is Vantage in his B slot, and I'm fairly certain he doesn't need it because he heals up so quickly. Running QR in his S slot helps too. 

I can confirm neutral Vanguard Ike works, though I have him in the second slot and with QR2 as the B and Distant Def 3 as the seal. You also need to make sure that whoever is in the third slot can survive a round against the sword cav.

51 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I jumped on the autobattling trend because I started running, and I'm so tired afterwards that I don't have the brain properly do anything else. So here are two (threeish?) that might be useful for next week:

5* Camus can solo Clarisse's hard map. He needs to be in the third slot of your team from what I can tell, and it doesn't really matter what A slot he's running. But he'll need Bonfire, Vantage, QR for this S slot. I'm not sure what level of QR is required, but I've been running QR 3. 

Thanks - I almost maxed out on my VIke and WChrom already and haven't seen anyone using Xander or Camus.

Also note - Michalis's GHB is going to be very valuable.  All the units are physical units so if you're looking for someone to solo it get a high def melee unit w/ CC and you're good.  All the other maps probably require DC or CC to solo due to the mixed ranges - or are there any other that are all ranged or all melee?

Camus looks really easy if you have someone who is effective against cavalry.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I can confirm neutral Vanguard Ike works, though I have him in the second slot and with QR2 as the B and Distant Def 3 as the seal. You also need to make sure that whoever is in the third slot can survive a round against the sword cav.

Sweet! Glad to know this works. I think by having Ike in the third slot, your other teammates don't have a problem with the sword cav. Just tested this out with my normal Ike. I'm not sure if it'll work for him, because he's not quite as bulky. I'll have to see if a skill set other than his vanilla one works. He's also not free, so I'm not sure that'll help anyone. 

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Thanks - I almost maxed out on my VIke and WChrom already and haven't seen anyone using Xander or Camus.

Also note - Michalis's GHB is going to be very valuable.  All the units are physical units so if you're looking for someone to solo it get a high def melee unit and you're good.  All the other maps probably require DC or CC to solo due to the mixed ranges - or are there any other that are all ranged or all melee?

I know I watched a strategy for a solo Navarre GHB clear using V!Ike as well as BK/Zelgius. I'll have to link the video later once I can get to YouTube. Didn't test it myself however.

Michalis's GHB might be fun. I wonder if my Lukas might be able to solo it... Wouldn't be a f2p strategy, but it would be satisfying. XD My CC Leon might also be able to do some damage here too. Maybe I should start putting Sol/Daylight on some folks. 

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Sweet! Glad to know this works. I think by having Ike in the third slot, your other teammates don't have a problem with the sword cav. Just tested this out with my normal Ike. I'm not sure if it'll work for him, because he's not quite as bulky. I'll have to see if a skill set other than his vanilla one works. He's also not free, so I'm not sure that'll help anyone. 

I can't get it to work if Ike is in the third slot, because then the blue mage will just end up going down the right side and kill one of the filler units (Karel in my case).

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I can't get it to work if Ike is in the third slot, because then the blue mage will just end up going down the right side and kill one of the filler units (Karel in my case).

Ahhh.... Now that's interesting. Must be the difference in nature and/or the positioning of teammates. But if it works for you, that's all that matters I suppose! 

I also found out that Adult Tiki has very little trouble with the Hard map. Mine is a 5*+2 (+ATK -SPD) running (+RES) Lightning Breath+, Bonfire, Distant Defense 3, QR 3, and Close DEF 3. You could probably make it work with DEF+3 or RES+3 in the A slot for budget builds. The only unit that really did any sort of damage was the blue mage. I tried it out on Lunatic, and some enemies broke through to kill off my allies, so I'll have to experiment with positioning. I had forgotten about the manaketes/dragons. I suspect you may be able to clear this map with a few of the others as well if they're running Lightning Breath. I'll see how Nowi, F. Grima, M. Grima, and maybe Myrrh do later. I'd test out Fae as well, but I don't have her built. XD

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

that happened to me.  I was able to move my units around so that doesnt happen.  And I changed my neutral VIke to have QR1 and DD3 (rest his natural skills).  If I change DD3 for like HB3 then the blue mage does that.  I also m oved my red unit to slot 1 and my blue unit had hone atk and spawned next to VIke.  If you fidget with it it should work.

BTW I got 18K feathers just today from this.

Edited by Lushen

It's surprising that it is Lloyd of all things that poses a problem for me in the typical auto-battled 1 + 3 HM farming. The general openness of the map and the mixture of Def/Res rainbow enemies make it difficult for my usual candidates of the "1" (refined steady/warding Aether dragons, Like, Noontime Vector) to solo the map under the AI. My F!Corrin + 6 is the closest in soloing as she cleared all the enemies except the freaking axe pegasus with 32 Res. Now granted, I can still do guided solo (where I script my manual movements instead of auto-battling), but that takes longer per clear (hence resulting in drops in farming efficiency) and is less reliable because there are more button presses (sometimes the emulator just fails to register a click or two).

So, has anyone found a good candidate for Lloyd auto-battle solo yet? I didn't even try Berkut because of the scatter starting positions, but if anyone does find a generally applicable 1+ 3 auto solution it will of course be welcome too:) Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ninferno

1 hour ago, Ninferno said:

It's surprising that it is Lloyd of all things that poses a problem for me in the typical auto-battled 1 + 3 HM farming. The general openness of the map and the mixture of Def/Res rainbow enemies make it difficult for my usual candidates of the "1" (refined steady/warding Aether dragons, Like, Noontime Vector) to solo the map under the AI. My F!Corrin + 6 is the closest in soloing as she cleared all the enemies except the freaking axe pegasus with 32 Res. Now granted, I can still do guided solo (where I script my manual movements instead of auto-battling), but that takes longer per clear (hence resulting in drops in farming efficiency) and is less reliable because there are more button presses (sometimes the emulator just fails to register a click or two).

So, has anyone found a good candidate for Lloyd auto-battle solo yet? I didn't even try Berkut because of the scatter starting positions, but if anyone does find a generally applicable 1+ 3 auto solution it will of course be welcome too:) Thanks in advance.

I've been experimenting with both Berkut and Lloyd's battles. Berkut's is tricky because 1.) the separation and 2.) your allies seem to move instead of staying still even though they don't have weapons equipped and are out of danger at the start of battle.. Suddenly your trained heroes turn into the idiotic panic-stricken villagers.

As far as Lloyd's battle goes, I'm having a harder time figuring out a good autobattle strategy for the Lunatic level. Hard isn't quite as bad. So far strategies that work for me on Hard are: 

• Vanguard Ike (+ATK -SPD) - Default Kit + Vangtage 3 and QR 3
  • Adult Tiki [+2] (+ATK -SPD) - Lightning Breath+ (RES refine), Distant DEF 3, QR 3, no seal
  • BK - Added Vantage and Distant DEF 3 seal
  • Normal Ike (+ATK -RES) - Default Kit + Vantage 3 and Distant DEF
  • Xander - Bonfire, Armored Blow 3 (the Fury recoil got him killed), Vantage 3, QR seal
  • Camus - Bonfire, Grani's Shield (same reason as above), Vantage 3, QR seal
  • Dorcas (+RES -HP) - Default Kit (minus C skill because not enough SP) + Distant DEF seal
  • Nowi [+1](+SPD -HP) - Lightning Breath+ (RES refine), Aether, Fury 3, Lancebreaker 3, Threaten RES 3, QR 3

There are probably others I could test too...but I don't have the patience. XD As a general note, I always put the solo hero in slot 2.

For Lunatic....
LA!Hector - I hadn't thought of Hector for some reason. I decided to give mine Noontime like you suggested, and believe it or not, he did it. It just took a bit longer. His build is +DEF -SPD, default kit plus Noontime and Distant DEF 3 seal. He was a bit slow, but it worked.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For Lunatic....

LA!Hector - I hadn't thought of Hector for some reason. I decided to give mine Noontime like you suggested, and believe it or not, he did it. It just took a bit longer. His build is +DEF -SPD, default kit plus Noontime and Distant DEF 3 seal. He was a bit slow, but it worked.

Cool. My Vector is +Atk -Res and didn't survive... But even if he did, like you said he would be too slow moving his ass towards the enemy anyway. He soloed Ursula really well though, because on that map you start much closer to enemy range.

In the end I just figured for Lloyd I'm better off using my F!Corrin in a "semi-auto" mode. By that I mean instead of fully auto or fully manual, I start with auto, and right after my Corrin kills off all the enemy besides the LnD axe pegasus, I cancel the auto mode, take control away from the AI (who will just foolishly lead my Corrin into attacking the axe pegasus and killing herself), and then just manually end the turn to let the enemy attack, trigger Aether when retaliating and finish it off. This way I probably only lose a second or two at most.

My F!Corrin has Lightning Breath+, Aether, Steady Breath, QR 2, and CD3 seal. Any comparable Nowi should work too I suppose.

Edited by Ninferno

I'm also struggling to auto lloyd or berkut.  I think Berkut isnt worth attempting.  My DC Aether WChrom can almost do Lloyd's but not quite.  Maybe if I HM grind some armored units w/ ward armor...

Yes I was able to do it with WChrom and Effie.  When Effie got to max HM, I switched her out for Arden who was able to duo it with WChrom.  Still not a great day for HM farming.  But tomorrow is the best day - Michalis is so easy, you just need a high DEF unit with CD.

Edited by Lushen

On 4/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, Lushen said:

Michalis is so easy, you just need a high DEF unit with CD.

But how do you avoid getting the 3 unarmed dudes killed though. My Like can solo the map, but the enemy fliers will fly straight over the mountain on turn 1 towards my poor unarmed dudes; I can't get the map done without scripting manual movements by me to make these 3 dudes follow Like closely to avoid getting kill, which makes the clear time much longer than typical auto clears.

I can try picking 3 blue units and hopefully in auto they will follow my Like towards the sword cav, but even if I succeed, that will limit my choice of units to grind this map, which isn't an ideal situation.

Edited by Ninferno

2 hours ago, Ninferno said:

But how do you avoid getting the 3 unarmed guys killed though.

True.  I actually use Lukas to suicide run up the left flank (who murdered everyone) and I had Takumi go up the right.  Both of them only started with ~100 HM so it worked for me.  I think you can use Beruka or another high def flier to suicide straight up but not sure.  Remember you can use the 4*s (its actually better to if it means you grind HM on 4 people instead of 3).

So far I've made 60K feathers.

Edited by Lushen

If there's any way to auto-battle Michalis Lunatic with just one unit, I don't know it and if there is I probably couldn't do it anyways. I do have a two-man method though.

Brave Mercenary Ike, filler, filler, Vanguard Legend Ike
BH!Ike: innate kit + Quick Riposte 3 seal; mine's +Spd and thus avoids getting doubled by Michalis after Hone Fliers but I don't think whether BH!Ike is +Spd or not should matter
VL!Ike: innate kit with QR 2 instead of Seal Atk/Def 2 + Close Def 3 seal

General strategy for Michalis  - - -

Have a highly survival (high def or high spd and mid def) like Leif or Lukas go up the left side.  The unit going up the left side will get their first meaning they will have to take out most of the units.  Have a healer follow (if you give a healer a weapon she will naturally go up the left end because that unit has less res.  Have a blue unit on the right side and go up there to take out the red on the right.

Pretty easy to change out units.  I did it first with my Lukas, and then my Leif.  I can also do it with Fallen Celica I'd imagine.  And the unit that goes up the right and the healer can be replaced w/ anything as long as that unit can kill the red on the right.  Vantage can help the unit on the left if he's struggling to kill all 3.

edit:  recip aid would work in place of the healer since you only need to heal once.

Edited by Lushen

Late into the day but theres a f2p strategy for the Michalis Lunatic one that works.

Basically, you need Vike and Xander. The Vike needs QR2, Threaten Attack 2, and a Defense +1 seal and the rest his base kit (idk if the exact number matters)

Then, Xander needs Ignis, QR2, and Close Defense 3 Seal. 

You make Ike your slot 1 while Xander is your slot 4 and you can auto battle. 

For my autobattle strategy for Michalis, I haven't had as much with a solo. I've been using one armed unit up the left and one armed unit up the right. I've had the most success with Exalt!Chrom and Lukas. My Chrom is +DEF -RES, and with his base kit + Heavy Blade seal, he handles everyone quite nicely. My Lukas is +ATK -SPD. He has DEF refined Slaying Lance, Bonfire, and QR. (Other skills as well but they don't come into play). 

One of the fliers always comes down towards my unarmed peeps. As long as the character in your second slot can tank a hit from the sword peg, you're good. 

My Chrom ended up maxing out HM, so I'm looking for a good alternative. I may end up trying Brave Ike since he was suggested.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For my autobattle strategy for Michalis, I haven't had as much with a solo. I've been using one armed unit up the left and one armed unit up the right. I've had the most success with Exalt!Chrom and Lukas. My Chrom is +DEF -RES, and with his base kit + Heavy Blade seal, he handles everyone quite nicely. My Lukas is +ATK -SPD. He has DEF refined Slaying Lance, Bonfire, and QR. (Other skills as well but they don't come into play). 

One of the fliers always comes down towards my unarmed peeps. As long as the character in your second slot can tank a hit from the sword peg, you're good. 

My Chrom ended up maxing out HM, so I'm looking for a good alternative. I may end up trying Brave Ike since he was suggested.

For some reason when I have two units armed and two units unarmed the two unarmed units follow the armed units around.  No idea why.  As for an alternative, pair an armed healer w/ any high def unit on the left side.  Give the high def unit vantage if (s)he needs it.

Managed to get 40K feathers between last night and today so now I'm up to 60K feathers obtained from HM farming in two days.

Edited by Lushen

Hooray, after a frustrating day of Michalis where I struggled and had to settle with unreliable scripted clears that take more than a minute per run, Xander comes to the rescue with its ideal confined corridor map structure. F!Corrin is my champ again and enables solo auto clear with only 2 turns and all ORKOs, resulting in under 23 seconds per clear, my personal record.

Again, any good DC blue should perform quite similarly.

Edited by Ninferno