Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

Sorry about tardiness in updating OP. I added that Clarisse strat from three days ago and the Michalis strats.

Xamder looks extremely promising. After a while of workshopping the best I can come up with is Filler, Filler, L!Ike and Spring Lucina. Ike doesn't need anything special. Lucina's slot should be filled by any infantry mage that tanks a hit from the green cav and ideally one round the red infantry. The blue lance is a big problem for Ike, but with Ike's natural skills he'll survive if the other threats have been dealt with.

Edited by Glennstavos

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much tinkering around, I found a solo auto-battle strat that works for Xander Lunatic. Unfortunately, it requires a 5* Naga's Voice Tiki that looks something like this:

+0, +Atk/-Spd; Lightning Breath+ (+Def refine), Aether, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte 2, Close Def 3 seal
Team layout: filler, Tiki, filler, filler

Aside from the heavy Tiki investment, you'd also need something to debuff the lance fighter's Res (Res Ploy 3 seal on the first slot filler unit, Threaten Res 3 on Tiki) to ensure that Tiki is able to kill them on Turn 2 and make sure the third slot filler can take an Ignis hit from the sword fighter.

Edited by Tybrosion

My strategy for auto battling Xander lunatic is VLike, wTharja, Effie, and SCamilla. VIke is the only necessary one with the close defense seal so he can take on most of the map by himself.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

10 hours ago, Lushen said:

For some reason when I have two units armed and two units unarmed the two unarmed units follow the armed units around.  No idea why.  As for an alternative, pair an armed healer w/ any high def unit on the left side.  Give the high def unit vantage if (s)he needs it.

Managed to get 40K feathers between last night and today so now I'm up to 60K feathers obtained from HM farming in two days.

I had some trouble with that for a bit. I'm not entirely sure why. It might have been because I had movement skills equipped. For most of my battles, the unarmed units stayed idle until they were in danger. 

I also found that I was able to use Brave Ike up the left (even when he was only half built). And I alternated between Lukas, Shiro, and Nephenee on the right. All of them could handle themselves. IDK how much I've actually grinded, but yesterday was very productive. 

For Xander's map, @Tybrosion's Adult Tiki trick works well. Mine is +ATK -SPD with a RES refine on Lightning Breath+, Bonfire, Distant DEF, QR 2, Threaten RES 3, and Close DEF 3. She needs the HP recovery from Aether, but I also found that putting an unarmed healer (I've been using a Physic healer) in the first slot (as long as they can survive a hit from the green cav) does the trick. 

Found a nowi-centric strat that requires only Quick Riposte 2 in terms of SI. But your filler slots are more particular in order to support her. It also works with A!Tiki, but you need to upgrade the obstruct seal to level 2.

Edited by Glennstavos

Again, F!Corrin helps me achieve fully auto 1 + 3 in Zephiel, which is vital because Narcian is lv35. However, due to the damn wary fighters making ORKOs impossible,  it's a 3.5-turn clear (finishes on turn 4 player phase). As a result, time-efficiency wise Zephiel is not the best daily GHB for grinding compared to the others.

Configuration is 3 unarmed fillers and F!Corrin (Lightning+/Steady/Aether/QR as usual) at the 3rd slot. Similarly-built Corrins and Nowis should have similar performance. As usual, if you lack power to ORKO the blue mage (who is dangerous to leave alive because he will move down and likely kill your 2nd unarmed unit with Blazing Thunder), add Atk+ seals; if you fail to survive, add CD3 or DT3 or both.

And with Zephiel we have pretty much completed a full cycle of the daily GHB rotation. We still have Cah-moo tomorrow but Navarre on the same day is already so easy that we are already covered. So my grinding strategy for any week will be:

Monday: Zephiel fully auto solo with F!Corrin. Around 29 seconds per clear. (I always add more than enough delays between clicks in the emulator scripts because network speed and latency does vary from time to time. If you are confident you won't run into repeatability issues then you can surely make it shorter.)

Tuesday: Navarre fully auto solo with Like. Didn't timed it first time around, should be around 27 ~ 28 seconds or so.

Wednesday: Apparently a worse day of the week in terms of farming efficiency because F!Robin is lv35 and Legion is full of surrounding rainbow-colored enemies and reinforcements. The best option I have is F!Robin fully auto solo with Fae (Lightning+/Warding/Aether/QR). Takes around 26 seconds per clear.

Thursday: A pretty good day with both GHBs being quite accessible to fully auto solo. I have Ursula auto solo with Vector (Noontime), and Clarisse auto solo with Like. Ursula's is a bit faster, at around 27 seconds.

Friday: Lloyd semi-auto solo (on the second last turn, manually intervene to end the turn instead of letting the AI initiate on the enemy) with F!Corrin. If I make a few more merges on F!Corrin and gain a point or two on speed so that she doesn't get doubled by the LnD axe pegasus after being speed threatened, i could turn this into a fully auto. As of now, it takes about 30 seconds per clear.

Saturday: The absolute worst day for me. Valter is out of the question for obvious reasons, and as of now I do not have an auto solo solution for Michalis. The best 1 + 3 solution I have is a heavily guided solo with Like which takes more than a minute. I probably won't farm on this day until there are new findings or units that make better alternatives possible.

Sunday: The best day for me by far with Xander fully auto solo with F!Corrin. Takes only 23 seconds.

Note: The reason I'm only interested in 1 + 3 solutions is that I'm a lazy person. I do not want to have to change setups from week to week. I only want to save 7 scripts and repeat them every week (until I run out of units to farm HM for) with no change whatsoever and be happy with 15 HM per clear.

Edited by Ninferno

After some experimenting, I figured out a strategy that worked for Zephiel's GHB. It's not a solo or f2p, but it works! Slot one is Myrrh. Slot two is Nowi! And the other two can be random...though I did give one DEF Tactic seal and the other Drive DEF 2...but I don't think that affects anything. The biggest problem here is that Myrrh needs DC or Lightning Breath. I'm not sure, but you may be able to replicate this strategy with Fae or another dragon perhaps. For reference, here are my builds: 

Myrrh [+RES -DEF] - Great Flame, Reposition, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Dragons, Close DEF 3
Nowi [+SPD -HP] - Lightning Breath+ (RES Refine), Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Swordbreaker 3, Fortify Dragons, Distant DEF 3 (Nowi actually doesn't need Aether. So any special is probably fine. She also doesn't need TA 3, but the recoil damage from Fury can bite her in the butt, so TA, Steady Breath...basically anything that doesn't damage her works.)

I found that Zephiel Lunatic can be auto-battled with Fell Reincarnation Robin and a Physic+ user.

Robin (neutral): Expiration, Bonfire, Fortress Def 3, Vengeful Fighter 3, Close Def 3 seal
Physic + user, Sakura in my case: Physic+ no duh, Imbue, Hone Spd 3 (seal); Hone Spd 3 is needed so that Grima avoids getting doubled by the red mage
Team layout: filler, filler, Robin, Physic+

On 4/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, Tybrosion said:

I found that Zephiel Lunatic can be auto-battled with Fell Reincarnation Robin and a Physic+ user.

Same goes for Nowi (5*, position 3, Lightning Breath, Reposition) with a Physic user (position 2, weapon equipped), but only the hard map. Tested with Maria 4* and Lachesis 5*. The healer may need a Close Defense seal. 

/Edit: @Glennstavos

BK 5* vanilla (+Vantage, +ATK smoke seal) is able to solo Navarre lunatic. He has to be on position 1, position 2-4 have to unequip Weapons and Assists. 

BK 5* vanilla (+Vantage, +ATK 3 seal) is able to solo F!Robin hard with some help of a physic healer with hone ATK 3 (seal or skill) on position 1. BK has to be on position 2, Position 3-4 have to unequip Weapons and Assists. 

Edited by mampfoid

Just notice the Saias lunatic map is very good for "1+ 3" auto solo HM farming too. You just need a good DC unit (probably best if blue) with self-healing special at slot 3 and with 40 or above HP to panic ploy the blade tome mage. When auto-battling, this DC unit at slot 3 will take the right route to move up and slaughter everything. Alternatively, if your DC unit of choice doesn't have 40+ HP or it needs a seal (such as Distant Defense 3) to survive so it can't carry panic ploy, you can put it at slot 4 and one of the unarmed fillers with 40+ HP and panic ploy at slot 3 instead. In my case, my F!Corrin has 40+ HP so I just let her carry panic ploy and start at slot 3. She auto solo everything in 2 turns and under 23 seconds, which is fantastic in terms of HM farming efficiency.

Too bad we can only farm Saias for a week, but at least it will be a damn good week; you can farm it non-stop without changing setups. And on days with low yield such as today (F!Robin is lv35) or problematic days such as Michalis, this is still pretty valuable, even just for a day.

Edited by Ninferno

1 hour ago, Ninferno said:

Just notice the Saias lunatic map is very good for HM farming too. You just need a good DC unit (probably best if blue) with self-healing special at slot 3 and with 40 or above HP to panic ploy the blade tome mage, who then in auto will take the right route, and slaughter everything in fully auto mode. If your DC unit of choice don't have 40+ HP or it needs a seal (such as DD3) to survive so it can't carry panic ploy, you can put it at slot 4 and another unarmed filler unit with 40+ HP and panic ploy at slot 3. In my case, my F!Corrin has 40+ HP so I just let her carry panic ploy and start at slot 3. She auto solo everything in 2 turns and under 23 seconds, which is fantastic in terms of HM farming efficiency.

I used Nowi and it worked perfectly after some tweaking ! I needed on her:

• 34 RES or you will get Speed/Attack/Res Ployed by Saias.
  • 32 SPD to double the red swords.
  • An Hone Attack buff to secure ORKO

So my formation:

• Slot1: Random
  • Slot2: Random + Fortify RES/Drive RES/Tactic RES skill + Hone Attack Seal
  • Slot3: Nowi + Panic Ploy seal
  • Slot4: Random + Hone SPD Seal

My Nowi is only +3 so you might not need all these buff if yours is higher :P:

Thanks Ninferno for the awesome strategy ! :wub:

Edited by ZeBlueSlip

On 4/16/2018 at 11:06 PM, mampfoid said:

/Edit: @Glennstavos

BK 5* vanilla (+Vantage, +ATK smoke seal) is able to solo Navarre lunatic. He has to be on position 1, position 2-4 have to unequip Weapons and Assists. 

BK 5* vanilla (+Vantage, +ATK 3 seal) is able to solo F!Robin hard with some help of a physic healer with hone ATK 3 (seal or skill) on position 1. BK has to be on position 2, Position 3-4 have to unequip Weapons and Assists. 

Did that really work on Navarre? When I was trying with BK, he kept going right and my dumb filler AI refused to run away from Navarre.

For F!Robin, I don't have Hone Atk 3 seal, but I do have Hone Spd 3 as a seal and that also gets the job done.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Did that really work on Navarre? When I was trying with BK, he kept going right and my dumb filler AI refused to run away from Navarre.

He keeps going right from position 2 and 4, also from position 1 if he has the armor boots equipped. If he is on position 1 (upper left) without Armor boots/march, the direct route to the right side is blocked by his own ally. Thus he decides to go upward. 

@Ninferno @ZeBlueSlip Nice strat for Saia and Nowi, I'll try that later. I hope it works with my +0 Nowi as well. 

/Edit: It works under the conditions @ZeBlueSlip described with my Nowi (+RES/-HP, RES refinement, SPD+3 on A slot), but: you need to bring a unit that has more RES than Nowi (in my case Mathilda), otherwise Chill RES will hit Nowi. The unit on slot 4 needs to be a physic healer. 

Edited by mampfoid

I don't think I got anyone capable of soloing Saias Lunatic on auto-battle, but I did find I can do this.

Slot 1: filler
Slot 2: 5* Camus (+0, Gradivus, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2, Distant Def 3)
Slot 3: 4* Priscilla (+HP, Rehabilitate, HP +3, Fortify Cavalry, Panic Ploy 3)
Slot 4: filler

I also have an auto-battle strat that I don't expect many, if any, people will be able to replicate but I'll share it anyway for Robin Infernal.

Slot 1: armor w/Fortify Armor
Slot 2: "Normal Girl" Tharja (Candelabra+, Swap, Glacies, Close Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Distant Def 3)
Slot 3: 4* Gunter (+Def/-Spd, Silver Axe, Armored Blow 2, Close Def 3)
Slot 4: filler

Worth noting that Vanguard Ike can farm Hard Robin with a similar setup to what he can use to solo Lunatic Navarre.

Algo got a strat for auto-battling Infernal Robin, but requires a dedicated support unit and a very expensive Sheena setup. I'll post it here anyway, in case someone's got Sheena with a ton of favouratism to throw around, though:

• Filler 1: Anything not an armour
  • Filler 2: Anything not an armour, Def Tactics 3 Seal
  • Sheena 5* +8 (+Spd/-Def): Slaying Axe+Def/any assist/Aether/DC/Guard 2/Def Ploy 3/QR3
  • Gwendolyn (or anyone with Hone Armor inherited, I guess): Hone Armor, Fortify Res 3 Seal (other stuff doesn't matter so long as she has no weapon or assist)

I haven't mathed it or had a chance to test it, but there's a chance that Goad Armor can work in place of Hone Armor.

Also, Black Knight strat for Lunatic Ursula:

• Filler 1: Whatever
  • Filler 2: Def Tactics 3
  • Filler 3: Unit that has 2 Move (so that the AI will make this unit flee to the left of BK on turn 2, avoiding the enemy ranged); if BK is +0, Hone Atk 1.
  • Black Knight with Quick Riposte 3

Just make sure there's no more than one additional armour as filler.

EDIT 2: Turns out Fortify Res isn't necessary at all.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi Does your Black Knight has some merges, Summoner Support or other skills? If I try your solution, this happens:

1. Turn 1: BK moves right and kills Thief on EP
  2. Turn 2: BK moves right and kills Ursula and Knight on EP (Sword Cav (1 HP) and 2nd thief (8 HP) remaining)
  3. Turn 3: BK moves right to kill the 2nd thief opening the road for the Cav to kill my fillers. 

This works though for Ursula lunatic (tested with unarmed infantry fillers, level 3 seals and Vantage 3):

1. Filler
  2. Filler
  3. Filler (Def Tactics seal)
  4. BK 5*+0 vanilla + Vantage + Moonbow + Quick Riposte seal

My BK learned now Sturdy Blow, Death Blow, QR, Vantage, Poison Strike, Savage Blow, SPD+3, Drag Back, Wary fighter, HP+4

Hmmm, yeah, whoops. He's a +1. For some reason, I thought it gave him +1 Spd, which would be irrelevant here, but it's +1 Atk, which is why the cav survives with 1 HP (he should be dying during EP with the knight living instead). I'll make an addendum that Filler 3 also needs Hone Atk 1 (or Drive Atk, but... I'm skeptical that any unit with Drive Atk is going to end up as a filler in an auto-battle plan) if BK is +0.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Hmmm, yeah, whoops. He's a +1. For some reason, I thought it gave him +1 Spd, which would be irrelevant here, but it's +1 Atk, which is why the cav survives with 1 HP (he should be dying during EP with the knight living instead). I'll make an addendum that Filler 3 also needs Hone Atk 1 (or Drive Atk, but... I'm skeptical that any unit with Drive Atk is going to end up as a filler in an auto-battle plan) if BK is +0.

Hone ATK doesn't help, I tried that. If I remember correctly, BK gets the buff only for turn 1 where he fights the first Thief. The fillers are from turn 2 always at least 2 tiles away, therefore DEF tactics seal on filler 3 because he is the one always in range.

At least Vantage and Moonbow aren't expensive. 

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hone ATK doesn't help, I tried that. If I remember correctly, BK gets the buff only for turn 1 where he fights the first Thief. The fillers are from turn 2 always at least 2 tiles away, therefore DEF tactics seal on filler 3 because he is the one always in range.

At least Vantage and Moonbow aren't expensive. 

The way I've positioned Filler 3, BK should move right, just below and still pick up the Hone and Fortify on turn 2. Likewise, he's within 2 tiles of Filler 2, so he picks up Def Tactics 3, letting him run all the buffs for EP 2. That's the most crucial EP. After that, he doesn't need the Def Tactics 3, because he'll Black Luna the knight to death and take no damage from the thief.

Replaying this, the cav should actually get way overkilled by Black Luna, so that extra Atk shouldn't matter... Did you do exactly as I said or did you stick Def Tactics 3 on Filler 3? That might be changing the AI order. Otherwise, I guess the AI order might somehow be changed up by the extra 1 Atk and HP (though that'd be weird if it does).

Here's the exact sequence of events for me:

• Turn 1: BK moves right and has Def Tactics 3, which doesn't matter. Thief suicides on BK. Ursula breakers the block closest to BK and the cav moves to the left of her. Knight moves down and the other thief falls in behind him.
  • Turn 2: BK picks up Fortify Res and Def Tactics (and Hone Atk, if it ends up being necessary). Filler 3 moves to the left of BK. BK then moves right. Knight attacks BK and takes 2x20 damage. Cav suicides on BK. Ursula suicides on BK.
  • Turn 3: BK Black Lunas the knight. Final thief suicides on BK.

EDIT: Actually, that Atk probably is what's messing up the turn order. The cav likely attacks first because it knows it will live through the two normal attacks. This then causes issues with the knight impaling himself on Black Luna instead of the cav, causing BK to run right the next turn. If you follow my setup and let BK pick up that Hone Atk, it should fix the issue because now the cav can't survive and should go in the proper attack order (the knight will attack first because it knows it can survive, then the cav attacks second because it knows it will die regardless—granted, even if it attacks first, then it'll die, the knight impales itself on Black Luna, then BK stabs the thief, which is win-win).

EDIT 2: Just double-checked and Fortify Res is completely unnecessary. BK +0 will live with 2 HP, so Filler 3 is free to run Hone Atk in the S Slot.

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi I think I tried also that, but I don't remember what went wrong. In most cases the Cav lived and killed a filler, or Ursula killed BK or a filler. Perhaps I'll try again next week (even if I do have a working solution now, with some minor SI though). 

Tomorrow Lloyd and/or Berkut. 

@mampfoid If BK is picking up Hone Atk 1, then it's impossible for the cav to live if he attacks BK at all. He has 49 HP, 25 Spd and 26 Def. BK with 50 + 2 Atk and 34 Spd will do 2x26, turning him into paste.

EDIT:  Pre-empting this because I thought I might be on to something with it, but it ended up not mattering: Threaten Spd drops BK to 29 Spd, so he doesn't normally double, but since Ursula can't attack him first due to being body blocked by the cav, the cav will still attack him while he's in QR3 range, even if the knight goes first.

Ended up experimenting with another autobattle strategy for Clarisse's map. My V!Ike one is fine, but he needs less than 500 HM, so I might as well find other alternatives for him. I ended up coming up with one that uses F. Grima. I haven't used her much since actually getting her. Mine uses her base kit + the Distant DEF 3 seal. Her nature is +DEF -RES, so results may vary. I also found that my characters needed some seals:

Filler (DEF Tactic 3) - Filler (Drive DEF 2) - F. Grima - Filler (Hone ATK + SPD)

Now...I'm not entirely sure how much of this is necessary....The characters I started grinding had the DEF skills already, so I decided to keep them around. I think she needs the ATK and/or the SPD boost more. I was pretty tired yesterday, so I didn't really experiment once I found something that worked for me. 

I am rather happy with my grinding progress though. Only Exalt!Chrom has maxed out HM so far, but that's mostly because I've prioritized grinding a lot of different characters, getting them to a 500 mark, and moving to someone else.