Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I didn't see a new agreement yet on my end, but I saw somebody mention it could be related to the EU with GDPR changes. Since you're in the EU, perhaps that's it? Might also explain why I haven't seen anything myself, being in the US.

Did anyone actually read that thing? I received the notification and accepted, because there's nothing in there that would stop me playing xD

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I didn't see a new agreement yet on my end, but I saw somebody mention it could be related to the EU with GDPR changes. Since you're in the EU, perhaps that's it? Might also explain why I haven't seen anything myself, being in the US.

Yeah true, that's changing in EU from 1st May. Sorry for making everyone nervous. 

26 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After maxing VIke, the speed that I get hero merit is going to be slower since I use him on all of my grinding teams. Still, three units getting feathers  at the same time is quite a lot. Currently I have 24 characters maxed out.

How long are you guys letting it run during the day?  I feel like I must be going pretty slow, running it at only 10-12 hours max from noon till evening. (I don't leave it on while I sleep or leave the house) Yesterday with NY Corrin/V Eliwood duo on Lloyd I came close to maxing 4 units, aside from Corrin and Eliwood themselves (started at about 2k each)

Also, I managed to get a good duo setup for Lunatic Michalis.

Slot 1: V Ike: Vanilla, QR3 seal
Slot 2: filler
Slot 3: filler
Slot 4: Xander 5*: Blazing Light equipped, Fury 2, Vantage 3 (could probably just use 2), CD3 seal

He needs Blazing Light, as he naturally comes with, so he'll target and take out the blue flier on player phase. It also drops the HP of the cav unit so he'll kill him with Vantage. I tried other units to go up the left side in place of Ike since he's already maxed out, but nobody else I had could one-round Michalis back to prevent him from dropping a nuke with his special and killing them. His 4 turn Aether really makes it work.

Sorry to double post, but I found a post with some extra Michalist strats. Pretty helpful there's multiple units that'll work for it to get more farming efficiency.

Accidentally put this in the Arena thread before for some reason.

If you've still got HM left to gain on Gerome and Arden, I listed a strat a bit back that has them duo it with a bit of SI.

41 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Sorry to double post, but I found a post with some extra Michalist strats. Pretty helpful there's multiple units that'll work for it to get more farming efficiency.

Nice find. Looks pretty simple and my Clive/Joshua need some HM. I'll mess around with it after I finish up RD.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

How long are you guys letting it run during the day?  I feel like I must be going pretty slow, running it at only 10-12 hours max from noon till evening. (I don't leave it on while I sleep or leave the house) 

Currently I'm pausing (exceptionally busy weekend), but I would say maximum 10-12 hours as well usually. Half of it sleep time. 

I made a note to test out @Tybrosion's Zephiel strategy with my own M. Grima to see if it'd work with a slightly different skill-set/boon and bane. I feel like 90% of what I do now is steal strategies and modify them. lol But if this skill-set works as well:

M. Grima (+ATK -DEF) Expiration, Ignis, No A Skill, Vengeful Fighter, and Distant Defense. He needs to be in the third slot and supported with a Physic healer who has both Hone ATK and SPD. (I was running Genny.) 

I also just noticed the reddit strat for Zephiel's map. That's really cool... Maybe once my LA!Hector maxes out HM, I'll do that. I haven't been very fast with the grinding. Right now, only Helpful Chrom and Reinhardt have maxed out HM. XD

On 4/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, Alkaid said:

How long are you guys letting it run during the day?  I feel like I must be going pretty slow, running it at only 10-12 hours max from noon till evening. (I don't leave it on while I sleep or leave the house) Yesterday with NY Corrin/V Eliwood duo on Lloyd I came close to maxing 4 units, aside from Corrin and Eliwood themselves (started at about 2k each)

I grind hero merit about 4-6 hours, 3 times a week while I'm am going other activities. I'm need to slow down soon, I am starting to run out of merges for character. Or I could hope I can find more copies by summoning.

I spend most of my time at home so I can typically leave it on for the majority of it. Then while I sleep. Around 70% of the day it's been going so far. I already have over a page full of 5000 HM units.

I've been just a bit liberal with my promotions but I scaled back when I remembered that the feathers are in fact finite. Eventually every unit (you own) will have maxed HM and this grind will end. Sure they'll raise the cap to 6000 eventually. But that's 1000 feathers per unit which... I doubt I'll feel like doing vs the 3000-5000 we're getting starting from 0-2000 HM like most people.

Will hit 120k feathers soon. I could dump merges on Lukas but he's not a priority without a good nature (which I still don't have).

I rechecked my vanilla BK+0 strat for Ursulas lunatic map today and I must say that units with unequipped weapons move differently for some reason. First I had Catria on position 3 and Seliph on position 4 which didn't work out because Seliph stays out of DEF tactic range for some reason. If I switch both (and their seals) Catria keeps buffing BK and everything works fine. 

@Zeo At that rate you'll have more maxed out units than me soon. After my break on the weekend I try to get things going again. 

Grrr, Kana GHB is pretty nasty for auto solo because of the huge central defense tile area slowing down your killing process and the two-corridor layout making it difficult to protect your fillers. My Fae + 7 (Lightning+, Warding Aether, QR) is still able to auto solo it but it takes forever to kill those bulky dragons on defense tiles. Ultimately, it takes close to 30 seconds per clear. I will run this on the two absolute worst days of the week for me (namely inefficient Robin and nasty Michalis), and for other days I will just do the regular weekly GHBs.

Anyway, in case it could be helpful for anyone, it is recommended that one of your three fillers to be a flier, so that your fillers can have more space to squeeze at the bottom left of the map to avoid getting reached by the enemy.

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Say are macros allowed in the game? I'm hearing mixed verdicts about people who got banned using them, and those who work well for them.

In the user agreements there is a paragraph where they exclude bots and "unwanted devices". 

Who got banned and when? 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

In the user agreements there is a paragraph where they exclude bots and "unwanted devices". 

Who got banned and when? 

Nothing concrete, just some people claiming that they got banned. So just to be safe, I won't use any bots.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Nothing concrete, just some people claiming that they got banned. So just to be safe, I won't use any bots.

I've only seen some people just trying to mess with others over it so far. As far as I know, the only concrete bans I've seen were some emulator users early last year (mainly Nox users, I think?) which nothing similar to has happened since, and people who've edited IVs/morphed units, which is actual tampering with the game.

If there was a worry here based on previous bans, I'd put it more on using the emulator itself than macros to auto tap the screen. (and you can macro right on the phone via an android app (frep or something, I think) and the built-in switch control feature of iOS (I couldn't make this work well, but I've seen others say they managed it).

I've been using the same Zephial strat as well.

I'd like to add that you can swap out Narcian for a 4* Arthur if you give Arthur a Savage Blow seal (mine's lvl 3, but I think 2 or maybe even 1 should still work) and have a flier in slot 1 with Def Tactic seal instead. I did this since my Narcian already maxed out, so I can work on Arthur at the same time for a bit more efficiency. Mine's +def -hp, but I'd guess anything should work since he's just fighting a blue armor with Emerald Axe.

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I've been using the same Zephial strat as well.

I'd like to add that you can swap out Narcian for a 4* Arthur if you give Arthur a Savage Blow seal (mine's lvl 3, but I think 2 or maybe even 1 should still work) and have a flier in slot 1 with Def Tactic seal instead. I did this since my Narcian already maxed out, so I can work on Arthur at the same time for a bit more efficiency. Mine's +def -hp, but I'd guess anything should work since he's just fighting a blue armor with Emerald Axe.

I got totally different AI when I tried this. But then switched the Def Tactic seal to slot 4, since it's Ike that needs it, not Arthur. 

33 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I got totally different AI when I tried this. But then switched the Def Tactic seal to slot 4, since it's Ike that needs it, not Arthur. 

Hmm. I put it in slot 1 since my flier moves right 2 spaces, which puts them in range to buff Ike for turn 2. Maybe some don't want to move that way, though my Spring Kagero does. 

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hmm. I put it in slot 1 since my flier moves right 2 spaces, which puts them in range to buff Ike for turn 2. Maybe some don't want to move that way, though my Spring Kagero does. 

Ah, that must be the difference. My fillers just move one space and stay there for the rest of the map. Weaponless filler AI can be weird. Even more annoying is when they have the space to retreat outside of an enemy's attack range but simply don't just to spite you.

I did basically nothing to grind HM this past week and yet I still almost hit 100k feathers just from all the normal stuff happening. Arena, GC and the rest.

Today is Navarre day though, so I'm going to go back to trying to max out a few characters.

Draug has been a good investment. He's been solo helping other characters farm HM to make up for the crazy amount I put into him to beef up my AA score. So far he's soloed Lloyd, Xander (hilariously, I had to put Fortress Def on him to lower his damage output so he didn't damage the lance, causing the healer to attack him instead of healing the lance) and Zephiel. With BK covering Ursula and Vanguard Ike covering Navarre, that only leaves Infernal Robin and Lunatic Michalis where I have to use duos. I guess once Grima + any Hone Armor units and the Gerome/Arden teams are capped, I'll just consider those days dead days for HM farming. Or maybe see if I can at least whip up some janky 4x 4-star scrub team to auto-battle Hard for 12.4 HM per fight. Granted, I that Reddit strat for Michalis might still have some life left in it since Camus isn't quite maxed—I just need to find someone who can fill Joshua/Marissa's shoes (or possibly swap back to Joshua if it's too much trouble and do 15/fight until Camus is capped).

Anyway, if anyone's looking to build a budget armour into a point monster, definitely recommend Draug, since his HM farming capabilities let him repay that expensive investment through GHB mashing.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Granted, I that Reddit strat for Michalis might still have some life left in it since Camus isn't quite maxed—I just need to find someone who can fill Joshua/Marissa's shoes (or possibly swap back to Joshua if it's too much trouble and do 15/fight until Camus is capped).

I got Tobin to work in place of Joshua and Marissa once they both got maxed. Mine has +def refine on his Armorsmasher, Bonfire, his innate +atk 3, Swordbreaker, and of course CD3 seal. Not sure if Swordbreaker mattered, he just has it anyway. A Soleil can do it as well (provided she has a different weapon--mine's +atk and has Brave Sword). I also got my Spring Xander to fill in for Camus after having maxed him most of my other melee cavs already. (he's +hp -spd and just had Bonfire, Fury 2 and QR3 seal)

That Draug sounds pretty sick. I wish I had somebody that could solo Lloyd, since I'm still doing the NY Corrin + LA Eliwood strategy for that. I don't have any highly merged enemy phase units right now besides Camilla, and she's not able to solo that one. For Michalis, I've luckily been able to keep rotating in units for the sword and cav roles and haven't had to stick with somebody maxed in order to beat it yet. Spring Xander might be the last cav I can do it with, though.