Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

@mcsilas Then you were stronger than me, because at that banner I bought my first small orb pack to get a decent Archer. Funnily enough I ended up with 5* Jeorge instead of Takumi. 

Invest your hard saved money into a power bank to grind HM. ;-)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid The strats almost always involve the DEF Tactic seal which mostly limits my infantry farming. I can farm them for the BHB strat, I just happen to be doing fliers. Currently farming Luke (+HP/-ATK, whom I'll never use) Clive (perpetual benchwarmer whom I've never used) and Hinata (fury fodder, so he'll be in and out of my barracks.)

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Usually the units that do the killing on farming strats are DC armors or DC infantry. Since armors work on most strats and infantry is the biggest to-farm fraction, that goes well with Tactic skills. 

Funny thing about that—today is Ursula day and my strat for that uses Hone Atk 1 (Filler 3) and the Def Tactic 3 (Filler 2) Seals on QR3 Seal BK (slot 4) to clear it, so you can run three infantry there.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Forgot to list the QR3 Seal for BK.

So, I got my first 2000 feathers of the day, at night I'll try to get another 2000. I've decided to try to get 4000 feathers every day that my units let me, since I've not much time to grind.

Last night I was thinking about something: can regular Ike beat the maps that Legendary Ike does? I haven't check the difference in their stats, but maybe a little SI can make things up (unless Heavy Blade isn't enough to emulate Breath's effect)

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

We are not alone:

Interestingly L!Ike can solo lunatic Xander, Saias, Clarisse and Michalis Ursula but needs QR3 on two of them.

Very nice find. That's a lot of QR3 Ikes listed. I suppose I might have to inherit that onto him after all, instead of just lazily using the seal.

I'm currently farming Ursula with BK and a Draw Back ally with Def Tactic ally. I'm already impressed with the feather income. Perhaps I could be going faster, but I'm not leaving the auto on overnight or when I'm not home. I like to give my computer a rest from being on all day otherwise. I think I've made about 10k feathers from farming Infernal Robin with Camilla yesterday, so things are off to a good start.

Now if only the game would give me the remaining Cordelia and Soleil copies I need to go with all these feathers.. @Zeo If only they had a trade system, I'd have helped you finish off your Matthew with how many of them showed up yesterday when pulling for Hinoka. Of course I only get a mere 2 Kageros instead (and my only 2 ever), since the desire sensor is beyond real.

51 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

No, I keep at least one copy of every hero I get, I was just wondering for the moment when L!Ike will max HM

I sacrificed my only normal Ike without ever using him, but that has been the absolute exception.

L!Like has some big advantages in Warding Breath and radiant Aether, I think you have to try on each map what works and what not (perhaps also with other DC units). 

42 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Very nice find. That's a lot of QR3 Ikes listed. I suppose I might have to inherit that onto him after all, instead of just lazily using the seal.

Yep, I was thinking the same. First I'll try if I can go along with QR2 though.

43 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Now if only the game would give me the remaining Cordelia and Soleil copies I need to go with all these feathers..

Got my first 3* Cordelia today, ~15 copies to go.

Functionally, there are going to be few times when QR3 makes a difference over QR2, though Aether's healing probably muddies that a bit. I suppose running that in his B might make that 10% more relevant if for no other reason than that he can run DD3 or CD3 in his S slot, which might give him enough concrete defenses to squeeze more utility out of it.

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Got my first 3* Cordelia today, ~15 copies to go.

Truly a Galeforce madman I see. I need at least 3 more to finish Cordelia + give Galeforce to Cherche.

Maybe I'll have to decide on QR for Ike tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll need to auto Lloyd yet, or if another of my units can do it. Camilla can do Robin Infernal, but I don't think she can do his.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Truly a Galeforce madman I see. I need at least 3 more to finish Cordelia + give Galeforce to Cherche.

Maybe I'll have to decide on QR for Ike tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll need to auto Lloyd yet, or if another of my units can do it. Camilla can do Robin Infernal, but I don't think she can do his.

If you're willing to do duos, this solution uses NY!Corrin and LA!Eliwood without any SI.

10 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If you're willing to do duos, this solution uses NY!Corrin and LA!Eliwood without any SI.

That's really helpful, thanks! Especially so since my Corrin and Eliwood are low on HM still too, so no missed HM with that strat for now.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Of course my utmost respect also to you! 

Didn't everyone buy the BK starter pack?

Wanted to, didn't. Would involve putting money on the account attached to my nephew's iPhone which is attached to my aunt's stuff and it just complicates things honestly.

Since we got the Warriors maps first, I had always 1 copy of each unit leveled to 40 manually. I don't know what to do with those 994k of colorless crystals though ... 

Respect to you. It never even occured to me to do that, but at the rate my shards and crystals are going, I'll have to start doing that sooner rather than later.

Usually the units that do the killing on farming strats are DC armors or DC infantry. Since armors work on most strats and infantry is the biggest to-farm fraction, that goes well with Tactic skills. 

With that in mind, I'm going to try to implement more BK and Hector farming strats. There are a million infantry units to farm HM for. Clarisse is being unkind to me. I didn't have a single hiccup farming the BHB yesterday, each unit gave me 3000 feathers at once, but I have to start Clarisse over basically every 500 HM. Had that not happened, the 3 units I set to farm when I went to sleep probably would already have maxed HM.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Your respect is overshadowed by your Matthew achievements? :P

That's respect of it's own I suppose!

5 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Funny thing about that—today is Ursula day and my strat for that uses Hone Atk 1 (Filler 3) and the Def Tactic 3 (Filler 2) Seals on QR3 Seal BK (slot 4) to clear it, so you can run three infantry there.

I'm already running a L!Ike strat on Clarisse's map that doesn't need DEF Tactic 3 so I can run three infantry there as well. I'm not sure which is faster so I may give the Ursula-BK strat a try, if for no other reason Clarisse keeps kicking me out. Maybe it's latency or something.

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@Zeo If only they had a trade system, I'd have helped you finish off your Matthew with how many of them showed up yesterday when pulling for Hinoka. Of course I only get a mere 2 Kageros instead (and my only 2 ever), since the desire sensor is beyond real.

It really is. Because the game dumps Saizos, Gaiuses, Serras and Setsunas on me with a side dish of Azama, Virion, Lissa, Jakob and Clarine with the occasional Wrys, Priscilla and Jeorge. The rarest units for me to pull are Kagero > Maria > Matthew > Klein > Sothe. Funnily enough every single one of those units are ones that are either amazing for fodder or ones I want to raise. The game knows what you want. It is kind to me when it comes to colorless *5's. But it's stingy when it comes to the normal pulls. 

49 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Wanted to, didn't. Would involve putting money on the account attached to my nephew's iPhone which is attached to my aunt's stuff and it just complicates things honestly.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, then perhaps it would be better to not spend money on orbs, but to save up for an own smartphone? Good Android phones are affordable compared to Apple hardware. (hope that doesn't sound patronizing, it's not meant that way)

50 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Clarisse is being unkind to me. I didn't have a single hiccup farming the BHB yesterday, each unit gave me 3000 feathers at once, but I have to start Clarisse over basically every 500 HM. Had that not happened, the 3 units I set to farm when I went to sleep probably would already have maxed HM.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Before doing a tap while recording, I count to three. Sounds silly and it makes the whole story a little slower, but it's a kind of buffer for any smaller connection "hiccup". 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, then perhaps it would be better to not spend money on orbs, but to save up for an own smartphone? Good Android phones are affordable compared to Apple hardware. (hope that doesn't sound patronizing, it's not meant that way)

No offense taken. Just waiting for the opportunity to get something new.

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Before doing a tap while recording, I count to three. Sounds silly and it makes the whole story a little slower, but it's a kind of buffer for any smaller connection "hiccup". 

There is a delay between my taps, but only for the beginning and end of the script. For the stage stuff I usually wait about a second and a half since there's no chance of a buffer hiccup once the stage has already loaded. The longest wait is for the script to restart since the biggest chance for latency comes after the stage is cleared before going back to the main menu.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

It really is. Because the game dumps Saizos, Gaiuses, Serras and Setsunas on me with a side dish of Azama, Virion, Lissa, Jakob and Clarine with the occasional Wrys, Priscilla and Jeorge. The rarest units for me to pull are Kagero > Maria > Matthew > Klein > Sothe. Funnily enough every single one of those units are ones that are either amazing for fodder or ones I want to raise. The game knows what you want. It is kind to me when it comes to colorless *5's. But it's stingy when it comes to the normal pulls. 

No doubt. The amount of Virion, Clarine, Gaius and Serra I get is especially criminal. (and of course they're like the most worthless ones for SI use) I still can't believe it took me like 14 months to get one Kagero, even as a 4*.

At least with HM farming maybe I can get to some of the lower priority units I've been wanting to work on sooner than later. I might actually get working on some of my favorites that are ranged or cavalry that have been on the backburner. (been focusing on my arena core of melee units instead) I guess I should be doing that anyway though, since not like Cordelia or Soleil merges come as fast as feathers do these days, even without the auto HM memes.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Just waiting for the opportunity to get something new.

Do you have special requirements? I have made good experiences with Moto phones, they are a good middle path between the top manufactures and cheaper china phones. 

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

For the stage stuff I usually wait about a second and a half since there's no chance of a buffer hiccup once the stage has already loaded.

That probably makes sense, I never recognized the loading/connecting sign once the map started.

Perhaps it would even work to record longer sequences when auto play is not possible. The sheet from Reddit mentioned a manual solution where L!Ike solos Michalis map. 

I think Clarisse's map is my favorite for autobattle. I found out that I can get it done with Mia by the Enemy Phase of the second turn using a strategy similar to my Ike strategy which makes things move much quicker. 

Mia is unmerged (+DEF -RES). She's running DC, Aether, Vantage, and Heavy Blade 3 seal. She needs to be next to an ally with Hone SPD (either as a C slot or S skill) to outspeed the Windsweep ninja. She starts out in the 3rd slot. During my experimenting, I also ended up giving one of her allies DEF Tactic 3 and another Drive ATK 2 (as seals), so I'm not entirely sure if they're required, but they couldn't have hurt her. I had felt really iffy about giving my DC and Wrath fodder to this pretty lady. Now I have zero regrets. She's amazing!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have special requirements? I have made good experiences with Moto phones, they are a good middle path between the top manufactures and cheaper china phones. 

Not particularly, but my (other) nephew had a Moto phone and it was a glitchfest, which turned me off from those phones in particular.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

That probably makes sense, I never recognized the loading/connecting sign once the map started.

Perhaps it would even work to record longer sequences when auto play is not possible. The sheet from Reddit mentioned a manual solution where L!Ike solos Michalis map. 

I had to redo the script multiple times after consistent dropouts after about an hour or so (including overnight which was a big waste) but I finally found the right timing sequence it seems. It's been quite a few hours with no issue. I'm dicey about manual solos as that gives much more room for desync and error, plus the fact that if you leave that unattended and you're out of the menu there's much more room for things like accidently sending units home, un-favoriting units, bad equips and stuff like that. With the auto way the clicks are few and there's little room for error outside of a few clicks on the home screen or something like that. Unless I can find strategies for specific maps, I may just take the good ways with the bad days.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Not particularly, but my (other) nephew had a Moto phone and it was a glitchfest, which turned me off from those phones in particular.

Hmm, never had problems with my G (1st Gen.), my X (2nd Gen.) and my current Z Play. Nearly vanilla Android, few but nice additions, good support and prices. sounds like advertisement, I stop here ^^

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm dicey about manual solos as that gives much more room for desync and error, plus the fact that if you leave that unattended and you're out of the menu there's much more room for things like accidently sending units home, un-favoriting units, bad equips and stuff like that

Oh yeah, that's true. Perhaps I'll try it with Michalis' map where everything happens at the bothers, where the risk is small to accidently hit an OK button in the middle. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry for the double post, but this new policy makes me wary. I'll stop grinding at least for the weekend (also because my PC room will be occupied). 

Link?

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

There was an in-app notification when starting the app this morning. I had to agree before to proceed. 

That's concerning. Chances are they're just going to patch out the HM or scale it down for the GHB/BHBs after the initial clears if they think it's a problem. When that happens there'll be no more farming anyways.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

There was an in-app notification when starting the app this morning. I had to agree before to proceed. 

I didn't see a new agreement yet on my end, but I saw somebody mention it could be related to the EU with GDPR changes. Since you're in the EU, perhaps that's it? Might also explain why I haven't seen anything myself, being in the US.

Edited by Alkaid