DLC Pack 3 Discussion Topic

Ertrick36

8 hours ago, MMXZero said:

Yeah, that's not Karen Strassman as Olivia. I wonder if it has anything to do with how the game performed since she voices Anna in FEW. 

Olivia's class change is cute. A bit over designed, but still cute.

It is Karen Strassman. You can hear a higher tone for Olivia here like in Awakening and for the regular Olivia in Heroes.

Her Performing Arts version in Heroes has her voice more low, then high, to where she does sound like Anna somewhat.

I'm somewhat amazed at Olivia's promotion costume. It's original and has an like Arabian type look to it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Doof said:

I myself am so giddy with myself at being able to play with Owain, Chrom and Robin shirtless

I don't care about anything else now this game is perfect for me <3

I completely forgot this was a thing! Thank you for reminding me, I now have a new objective to reach once I'm able to play after work.

9 hours ago, Doof said:

Im glad that even though Owain is a clone, he has a lot of different animations.

His Awakening finisher is so badass too! Definitely using him over Ryoma

I feel like his awakening finisher has a really long animation. I can see that being a bit of an issue with the one type of timed mission, since the animation had to actually finish in time for the kills to count. (I could swear it would count the kills in the release version though) 

I really love how they did a different C6 for Tharja, it made such difference between her and Robin. It would have been really cool to give each clone character just one unique combo instead of justing have different specials. If they had more time for the game maybe they would have done it for each of the archers, Elise and Leo, the pegasus knights, etc. Even just having one combo would make each character feel more unique, because just having different Awakening and Warriors attacks doesn't make them feel as special, but maybe that's just my own personal opinion

Some things I noticed:
They seemed to have fastened support gains. I got Celica and Owain to A in no time at all, using two Bond Amulets or whatever they're called in English and keeping them paired up.

Also, does anyone know how Owain's skill works? I only know that the closer Strength and Magic are, the more damage you'll do. So theoretically, Owain and Celica should be absolute monsters while using this skill (which is why I got them to A first before anything else), but can someone give more accurate numbers on whether or not this is true and whether or not the skill is worth using over, say Skill +10 or Strength / Magic +10?

Olivia is ridiculously fun to play as, even though her English voice is kinda meh and her Japanese one sounds like something you might hear in a more uh... you know, lewd setting.
Her victory screen is hilarious, though.

And lastly, there is that one weapon skill that just increases all of your stats with no strings attached. How OP is that?

Edited by DragonFlames

I'm glad we finally get a canon pronunciation of Tharja (I always knew it was pronounced with a hard "J"). I love her move-set and I'm so thankful they gave her a unique Y6 (I didn't think Tharja and Rexaura went together :( ). So besides the amazingness that is Tharja, Olivia is... interesting. She is rather flimsy and a bit weak if given an improper weapon. I honestly Don't know if she can hold her own among the likes of my Lyn, Azura, and Caeda. However, I appreciate her uniqueness in the clone wars that is this game, and she is certainly a welcome addition to the game. I've yet to use Owain. I was never really hyped for him from the start but, unlike Niles/Oboro, I'll probably give him a try later on after I'm satisfied with my Tharja's build.

19 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

Is Owain worth using, I haven't used Ryoma so I don't know :/

Ryoma has a good moveset and one of the best skills in the game. Owain is a decent option because he can be set up to hit into resistance, because his magic and strength are the same.

Edited by Homosexualbeard

11 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

No, but she's a bonus character anyways...and not the cousin of one of the DLC characters.

Celica is another character added by IS suggestion, exactly like Lucina. So, if Lucina is shafted due to that, it's not odd Celica is handled in the same way.

2 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Celica is another character added by IS suggestion, exactly like Lucina. So, if Lucina is shafted due to that, it's not odd Celica is handled in the same way.

She is probably the closest, but she did get a history map dedicated to her...and isn't from a focus game and may have been added later in development as opposed to Lucina who was apparently the templet for clones.

So I went a little crazy yesterday night and I got screens of my fav cute guys from Awakening in their Broken Armor models so here we go

Chrom

Spoiler

Untitled.png.5a6b0ab732f1ac3956757e0bf268081d.png

Robin (M)

Spoiler

DZcLNZtVMAAiFh0.thumb.jpg.c283b0b699fb27afe102327101682103.jpg

Owain

Spoiler

DZcLS1AVQAAjnJ-.thumb.jpg.448fbbd31593edd1d4de9748c0e8f501.jpg

All in all, this DLC was a hit for me. A total knock out. Thank you Intsys <3

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

She is probably the closest, but she did get a history map dedicated to her...and isn't from a focus game and may have been added later in development as opposed to Lucina who was apparently the templet for clones.

Yeah as you said earlier the devs must have something against her.

But I don't have a good opinion about them, everytime there is an interview they say weird/dumb things like Linde's feet, that they don't want more swords yet their OCs wield them, when they said they had much Fates characters so they made Azura DLC, etc. Or their silence for almost the whole month about this last DLC. 

And I don't feel Owain as Owain and rather as Odin which bugs me because even if they're the same person, I loved Owain and hated Odin because they shouldn't been in Fates in the first place.

But I have enjoyed Tharja and Olivia and I'm happy that finally the other characters got their prf weapons and armor break models. 

36 minutes ago, Doof said:

So I went a little crazy yesterday night and I got screens of my fav cute guys from Awakening in their Broken Armor models so here we go

Chrom

Hide contents

Untitled.png.5a6b0ab732f1ac3956757e0bf268081d.png

Robin (M)

Hide contents

DZcLNZtVMAAiFh0.thumb.jpg.c283b0b699fb27afe102327101682103.jpg

Owain

Hide contents

DZcLS1AVQAAjnJ-.thumb.jpg.448fbbd31593edd1d4de9748c0e8f501.jpg

All in all, this DLC was a hit for me. A total knock out. Thank you Intsys <3

Bless you for posting this! I'm still at work and can't get these on my switch until tonight. The eye candy is greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah as you said earlier the devs must have something against her.

But I don't have a good opinion about them, everytime there is an interview they say weird/dumb things like Linde's feet, that they don't want more swords yet their OCs wield them, when they said they had much Fates characters so they made Azura DLC, etc. Or their silence for almost the whole month about this last DLC. 

And I don't feel Owain as Owain and rather as Odin which bugs me because even if they're the same person, I loved Owain and hated Odin because they shouldn't been in Fates in the first place.

But I have enjoyed Tharja and Olivia and I'm happy that finally the other characters got their prf weapons and armor break models. 

I can also now confirm that she doesn't even show up in the mission for her own weapon's opus. There's no rule that they have to show up for their own opus, but if she was going to show up, you'd figure that might be it. Instead, we get what I think is a rendition of one of Tharja and Frederick's supports...but with Ryoma instead of Frederick even though he's in the game.

I generally supported the game before the DLC despite the large amount of Fates characters and Lucina's clone status and near cut. 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I can also now confirm that she doesn't even show up in the mission for her own weapon's opus. There's no rule that they have to show up for their own opus, but if she was going to show up, you'd figure that might be it. Instead, we get what I think is a rendition of one of Tharja and Frederick's supports...but with Ryoma instead of Frederick even though he's in the game.

I generally supported the game before the DLC despite the large amount of Fates characters and Lucina's clone status and near cut. 

Ugh more Fates bias, if she didn't appear there either at least they should have let Frederick be there, that support was funny. Is the mission difficult? Which map is?

Me too,but if Lucina didn't appear at all I probably wouldn't buy this game until it dropped price, second handed or until all the DLC got released.

11 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Why was she stalking Corrin in the first place?

Tharja was worried because Corrin was injured in battle the day before. 

18 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Ugh more Fates bias, if she didn't appear there either at least they should have let Frederick be there, that support was funny. Is the mission difficult? Which map is?

Me too,but if Lucina didn't appear at all I probably wouldn't buy this game until it dropped price, second handed or until all the DLC got released.

It's on the Emmeryn map. You have to clear every normal map with an S rank to get to it. I think it was a shadow rush map. Not exceptionally difficult, but Lucina was at a decent level (I had capped her prior to this DLC) with the amplifying skill on her weapon. Unfortunately, I am one cuff short of actually being able to use the opus. I think I had enough before the DLC dropped, but Owain uses Lucina materials.

Edit: And wing slayer. I think there is a pegasus knight on the map.

13 minutes ago, Jave said:

Tharja was worried because Corrin was injured in battle the day before. 

Oh, well, not what I was expecting.

Edited by Arthur97

2 hours ago, charmedx3 said:

I like that they were in fates, I hated Inigo and Severa in awakening, so it was good to see them a bit more mature. Even if it doesn't make sense that they are helping an evil kingdom to conquer a peaceful one.

18 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The support conversations for the new characters are (except Anna since I still don't have her):

Hide contents

Owain: Ryoma, Takumi, Camilla, Leo, Chrom,  Lissa, Niles, Navarre, Olivia

Takumi doesn't deserve this

Gotta watch on youtube all of Owain supports because I don't have plans to use him ever :l

Edited by SniperGYS

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And lastly, there is that one weapon skill that just increases all of your stats with no strings attached. How OP is that?

According to the GameFAQs people, it's a 20% boost.  So Anna's luck gets a whole 20+ extra points, making Lethality on her even more insane.  I'm unsure if the 20% is factored in before or after application of stat-boosting skills.

10 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Takumi doesn't deserve this

Oh hey, I didn't notice that you've returned. RGaYS2c.png

You've been enjoying the 'Boro in this game?

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

I like that they were in fates, I hated Inigo and Severa in awakening, so it was good to see them a bit more mature. Even if it doesn't make sense that they are helping an evil kingdom to conquer a peaceful one.

I second this, particularly in Severa's case.  She's immensely better in Fates; aside from her supports with Noire and maybe Kjelle, she's just plain rotten to everyone, so the fact that she's merely competitive is a huge step up.  And "Laslow" is one of my favorite characters on that side.

I still think Arthur's role in the war is the most confusing one.

@Arthur97

Cool thanks! I'll work on that map then! 

@Sbuscoz

In game I was neutral about the children but the Awakening Drama CD 3 and specially the Future Past made me love them all, so for me their Fates counterparts are inferior and they think mostly on their lives, so each to their own I guess. 

58 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

In game I was neutral about the children but the Awakening Drama CD 3 and specially the Future Past made me love them all, so for me their Fates counterparts are inferior and they think mostly on their lives, so each to their own I guess. 

I mean, to each their own, but I doubt that those Drama will make me sympathise with them after reading their supports.

Inigo, aside from a womanizer who tells his wife he won't stop going after girls even if he is married, shames Owain for his acting,  blackmails Brady into going with him to a town to make himself look better, saying that he will tell people he saw Brady crying, just to say it anyway to strangers to make him look worse, and I'm sure he would be like this with Cynthia and his heroine thing if she wasn't a girl. this is the same person who complains about gerome not trying to get along. He claims he want to make everyone smile, and I can partially belive that, but I can't take it serously when he complains because he wants to be manhandled and has to courage to ask "why girls fall for jerks". In comparison, Laslow, while still a womanizer, is way tamer.

Then we have Severa, I get that she has inferiority issues, but damn, telling Kjelle she should be more femenine, she bothers Cynthia and calls her a loser, demands that Gerome takes his mask off, spends the army's fundings without care and doesn't care when she gets called about it, and don't get me started in the whole society thing. She treats everyone as if they were lower than here, with zero respect. Even if that attitude is a facade it's still infuriating, it reminds me to the typical cheerleader cliche.

End of the ranting.