Say something nice about your least favorite character

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd is one of two male Lords (the other being Leif from what i hear) that has actual legitimate flaws and pays the ultimate price for it. Also, his portrayal in the Mitsuki Oosawa manga adaptation of FE4 is actually a great and i wish the eventual FE4 remake would use it.

Without Thraja, we wouldn't have Noire. Also, Christmas!Tharja is pretty cute.

Rhajat is a slightly better Thraja that you can actually miss out on if you play as M!Corrin and marry someone in the 1st Gen.

Peri......has nice hair.

Oh, I love these, ahem *mic tap*:

Subaki has a daughter who is better than him no matter who the mother is.

Rhajat makes me laugh even harder at Hinata.

Hinata is Rhajat’s father. *ba-dum-tish*

Makalov is consistently at the top of PoR’s tier list.

Charlotte can help Xander auto-win conquest.

Peri looks unique.

Gordon has a ranged weapon.

You don’t have to deploy Virion.  If your Robin is male, you won’t have to worry about missing paralogues.

Fighting a war with an army of Corrins is pure joy...unlike using just one Corrin.

Ike can spend the entire game in Titana’s lap.

Amelia has a speed wing.

I would play conquest on Phoenix mode if it included a “Hector Owned” counter.

I should probably stop now.

Edited by Bubba Jones

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sigurd is one of two male Lords (the other being Leif from what i hear) that has actual legitimate flaws and pays the ultimate price for it. Also, his portrayal in the Mitsuki Oosawa manga adaptation of FE4 is actually a great and i wish the eventual FE4 remake would use it.

Well slightly off topic but it seems like there is a grand total of five lords who have non trivial flaws and are punished for them. 

OT: I don't like Bastian because his lines are painful to read but he has a neat relationship with Lucia. 

18 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Well slightly off topic but it seems like there is a grand total of five lords who have non trivial flaws and are punished for them. 

OT: I don't like Bastian because his lines are painful to read but he has a neat relationship with Lucia. 

Which are other ones?

Celica, Eirika and Micaiah?

@Slumber, out of curiosity, what made you hate Gaius in the first place? Also, my suggestion for something nice you can say is 'He's better than his Fates counterpart' - it's not much, but it's something?

On-Topic: Uh…who were my least favorites per game again? Give me a sec...

……

…Yeah…I can't think of anyone…oh, wait!

Rowan: Super Saiyan hair. Maybe it's only like SS0.001, but it's still Saiyan hair.

Edited by SoulWeaver

Ike is such a dull character he makes everyone and everything around him look better than they actually are.

Faye has a cute design and it's nice to see her break the archetype by actually confessing.

Kris is actually a nice character. I just can't stand their concept.

Sain is... a good unit, I guess?

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

@Slumber, out of curiosity, what made you hate Gaius in the first place? 

He has, barring Peri, probably the worst, dumbest gimmick out of all of the Fateswakening gimmick characters. 

His entire character is based around CANDY. HIS TOPICS OF CHOICE ARE CANDY. And when he's not actively talking about candy, he's cramming as many candy puns as he can into his sentences. Out of every gimmick character, he's the one who is the absolute worst when it comes to not letting you forget about it. It's between him and Niles with Niles' constant innuendos, but at least Niles' character quirk is an actual character quirk, and not an obsession with something external(Figuratively and literally. Should you even try to skip all of Gaius' dialog, just looking at the candy stuck to him will remind you "HEY, REMEMBER THAT THIS GUY IS ALL ABOUT CANDY FOR SOME REASON". If there was to be a fair comparison to Niles, Niles would have to walk around with dildos strapped to his outfit). Outside of his candy, there's absolutely nothing to the guy. He says he doesn't like being violent, but that's a blatant lie.

He's dumb. It's the moment I go to when I remember thinking that the writers simply gave up. I can generally see where they were coming from with most other characters, no matter... how misguided they were. But with Gaius, I simply see "They needed a thief character, and they just didn't care." Never mind how fucking annoying he is if you just don't find his gimmick funny. 

I haven't compared their dialog to compare pun ratio, but I give Asugi more slack because I simply remember waaaay fewer candy puns coming out of him. It might just be that Asugi is further out of the way so that I don't remember him quite as much, but even then, I can list that as a positive for Asugi. You don't even have to see him if you don't want to. Gaius is smack-dab in the middle of a story-heavy main chapter. 

Edited by Slumber

Takumi is an OK guy in Warriors and I would probably like him more if he was like that in his original game. I also like his English Warriors voice a lot more than his Japanese voice or his Fates one.

Xander is also a decent character in Warriors and he would be so much better if he was like that in Fates. Him sounding like a Cool Old Guy in Warriors probably helps with that, too.

Camilla breeds the best Velouria. I also vastly prefer her English Warriors voice over her Fates one. Oh, and her Japanese voice is actually awesome.

Hinoka gives you a free Guard Naginata.

Azura's English voice actress is awesome.

Ryoma has a cool personal weapon, both from a gameplay and design perspective. Also Matthew Mercer.

Leo's English voice actor is awesome. And he's the least worst Royal.

Anna looks cute, I guess.

Ephraim is unique as the only Lord who mainly uses lances.

Peri's way of spelling her name when introducing herself is funny.

Inigo / Laslow is voiced by Liam O'Brien.

Selena's support with Kaze is good.

Ricken makes a good Laurent.

Donnel is one of three people who can give Galeforce to Nah, Noire and Kjelle.

Some of Sully's lines are funny.

Kjelle's voice actress is awesome.

Asugi is a better unit than his Awakening incarnation.

Caeldori's S-support with Corrin is pretty cute. She's also kind of pretty with Hinoka's hair colour.

Rhajat is the best magic user on the Hoshidan side.

Peri looked interesting when all I'd seen of her was her back in battle and her eyes in the battle screen. 

Xander has a cool design.

Corrin is a little cute in their official art.

Chrom is really hot.

Validar... I'm sorry I can literally think of nothing good to say about him.

Might as well mention some other characters.

Tharja can do the same thing Julia did back in FE4. Nosferatu tank like there's no tomorrow, that's pretty cool.

Perri...I've got nothing.

Camilla has an incredibly interesting backstory and if it was given to a competent writer she could have been one of the best FE characters out there.

FemCorrin looks sort of nice I guess.

Shinon has a rad ponytail in my desired hair color and sweet animations in RD. He also serves his role well in the beginning of PoR. Otherwise, I don't really hate many FE characters.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

She's a bland and boring female Marth to me. I dislike her father almost as much, but at least Chrom isn't a genderbend of someone else. Also, Lucina is involved in time travel stuff and I always find that dumb.

...one point as to why you hate Lucina is that she's involved with time travel? Wouldn't it make more sense to hate the time travel concept? It's not like time travel is a character's personality trait.

Also, I find it interesting that boring = hatedom for you instead of indifference. Not that I consider Lucina boring.

I don't know how I forgot Kris.

He is the best avatar in terms of he has a good character creation (Like picking his backstory and such) and he helped provide character to some that needed it via supports.

11 hours ago, Slumber said:

Look, you could try to skin me alive and I couldn't come up with anything genuinely good to say about Gaius. Fuck Gaius. 

He has a strong support with Maribel (and a few other gems here and there). He has one of the funnier recruitments speeches in the series. HIs growths rock, so do his reclass options (becoming a myrmidon literally has no downsides for him. He sacrifices a few stats to become a fighter, but he is still a fast and accurate axe-user, and if he promotes into a hero, his sword stat is put to use, and he overall becomes a master-of-all kind of unit), and he gives his daughter the pegasus knight class. There you go.

As for the topic itself:

Tharja is the mother of Noire, she has some strong supports, and I glad that people get a use out of her class (I'm personally not that good at using Dark mages in Awakening).