Say something nice about your least favorite character

Soleil... Well you aren't forced to recruit her.

Corrin is a good unit.

Berkut has a great English voice actor.

Faye has a cute design.

You aren't forced to recruit Oliver either

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Nanima said:

Soleil... Well you aren't forced to recruit her.

Corrin is a good unit.

Berkut has a great English voice actor.

Faye has a cute design.

You aren't forced to recruit Oliver either

what do you mean you don't like Berkut?

Emmeryne is good at surviving long fallsĀ 

Cordelia is the reason why Caeldori exist in Fates.

You don't have to recruit Tharja or Rhajat.

Camilla is a useful unit in Conquest.

Fiona loves her people.

Loki is a new character of Heroes.

Xander is a loyal prince.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

...one point as to why you hate Lucina is that she's involved with time travel? Wouldn't it make more sense to hate the time travel concept? It's not like time travel is a character's personality trait.

Yeah, but I dislike her for more reasons than that. And of course I also dislike time travel as a concept. But she's the main time traveler here, so...

...Wow, a lot of people are mentioning Ike here. That's sad. Never expected this at all. But oh well.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, a lot of people are mentioning Ike here. That's sad. Never expected this at all. But oh well.

I know right? It surprises me, too.

Some more:

Sothe is an okay-ish utility unit in Part 1 and 3 of Radiant Dawn.

Soren can be strong if you baby him a lot in the beginning of Path of Radiance.

Setsuna and Azama's introduction in Birthright is funny... until Hinoka ruins it by pointing out that the whole situation is indeed a joke. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I know right? It surprises me, too.

Yeah. I get why people wouldn't like RD Ike much. He wasn't as well written as his PoR self. And I get how some can see him as a bit boring. But Ike overall is definitely not the worst character and I don't see any reason to hate him... No good reason, anyway. Also, if you don't like RD Ike, but like PoR Ike...you still like Ike in some way, you know. So there's gotta be someone you dislike more.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But Ike overall is definitely not the worst character and I don't see any reason to hate him...

I mean, it's all subjective in the end. As long as people properly explain why they love or hate Ike, it's all good.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah. I get why people wouldn't like RD Ike much. He wasn't as well written as his PoR self. And I get how some can see him as a bit boring. But Ike overall is definitely not the worst character and I don't see any reason to hate him... No good reason, anyway. Also, if you don't like RD Ike, but like PoR Ike...you still like Ike in some way, you know. So there's gotta be someone you dislike more.

I'm definitely with you on this, though I like RD Ike just fine. His portrayal feels like a logical conclusion to his character development from PoR, though his ending is pretty shit.
What I like most about Ike is that he isn't royalty and starts out as a "nobody", so to speak, so all of his achievements actually feel like he earned them, not that they were handed to him on a silver platter, like some other Lords in the series. I touched upon this in another topic, too, so I'll just quote myself here:

I'm not sick of it, per se, but I think they should really reconsider the idea that every lord / main character has to be nobility in some way. It might just be me, but having your main character be privileged to hell an back due to being royalty cheapens some of their accomplishments, in that it seems like everything is just handed to them because they have blue blood running through their veins instead of having to work for it.
This is why Ike will forever remain as one of my favourite main characters, because his station as a "nobody" at the start of PoR feels like a breath of fresh air and makes his growth as a character all the more relatable and interesting.

And one more, so the mods won't get mad for going off topic:

Edward and Leonardo's personal weapons are pretty cool.

Serra's pigtails are cute

I understand that they wanted to make Micaiah a more flawed lord and I respect that (even if that made her seem a bitā€¦ errā€¦ evil in the final product)

Meg is funny

Tharja's portrayal in the main campaign of awakening was dignified

Camilla's design appeals to some people

Ryoma's an op unit

Corrin's dragon form's design is nice

Faye deserved better

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm definitely with you on this, though I like RD Ike just fine. His portrayal feels like a logical conclusion to his character development from PoR, though his ending is pretty shit.
What I like most about Ike is that he isn't royalty and starts out as a "nobody", so to speak, so all of his achievements actually feel like he earned them, not that they were handed to him on a silver platter, like some other Lords in the series. I touched upon this in another topic, too, so I'll just quote myself here:

And one more, so the mods won't get mad for going off topic:

Edward and Leonardo's personal weapons are pretty cool.

Yeah, I agree 100% with this post.

12 hours ago, Bubba Jones said:

Rhajat makes me laugh even harder at Hinata.

Hinata is Rhajatā€™s father. *ba-dum-tish*

That's Hayato you're talking about...

Hinata's the one that spawns pickle boi Hisame.

Don't be like Treehouse; don't confuse the names just because they start with the same letter.Ā Ā Thank you, Oboro.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What I like most about Ike is that he isn't royalty and starts out as a "nobody", so to speak, so all of his achievements actually feel like he earned them, not that they were handed to him on a silver platter, like some other Lords in the series.

Seriously, I wish more protagonists weren't of nobility.Ā  It's a part of why Fates' story is so grating for me (too many royals; they hog the spotlight, and are all entitled, even Leo and Takumi to some extent), and why I'm not particularly keen on the idea of Holy Blood in Genealogy literally making everyone else irrelevant.Ā  I despise the idea of eugenics, and royal favoritism in these games is the closest thing you get to it apart from the non-narrative function of children inheriting the recessive parent's class sets and growths.

Ā 

Anyway...

Severa isĀ immenselyĀ improved in Fates from selfish dick to female jock with about a dozen moments of self-reflection.

I like Asugi's father, and he has a decent counterpart in Awakening.

Azura has some decent supports.Ā Ā Better hang me by my thumbs for not liking Azura.

Berkut's inclusion resulted in a decent map or two, and his tantrum scene made me laugh.Ā Ā That's a good thing, right?

Celica has a few funny quips ("that's a lot of pirate booty... heh") and isn't a complete fool in Acts 2 and 3.

Chris's inclusion means that every Archanean character gets a chance to shine as characters.Ā  Also he/she is an integral part of one of my favorite subplots in the series.

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

and he gives his daughter the pegasus knight class

The one positive I'll give him. Eventual access to Galeforce for somebody else.Ā 

The rest I won't because his growths can only be as good as his class options, and his class options are ass.Ā 

Edited by Slumber

Ike has...a nice hair colour I guess.

Corrin's eyes are a nice colour.

Ephraim has a really nice design and name.

Cordelia is very pretty.

Takumi's Fujin Yumi is fantastic.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I dislike her for more reasons than that. And of course I also dislike time travel as a concept. But she's the main time traveler here, so...

Well, of course you dislike her for more than that; I did say it was "one point" and cite that you also hate her for being boring over being indifferent about her.

I think I'll mention my least favorite lord while I'm at it: Kris's default designs look rad. Also, if his/her importance was relegated to the Katarina side plot and had minimal relevance to the main plot, losing the whole "they're Marth's shadow" thing, I think he/she might have worked and not be hated as much.

Vergil can drive the getaway car when the purists come to take you away to the black site/re-education facility. Ā If things look bleak, you can throw him out of the car. Ā TheĀ time they spend running him over, and reversing to hit him again may give you just the edge you need to escape.

Peri has a fantastic set of supports with Laslow, and I think it's up there for one of the best supports in Fates.

Camilla has a sad backstory regarding how the concubine wars affected her.

Faye has a really cute design, arguably one of the best in all of Echoes.

Miriel looks nice with those glasses and hat.

Anna is very committed to her business, to the point she knows how to defend it when it is danger.

Sully and Kjelle are pretty cool with their stubborn and headstrong attitudes.

Elise was a cool character in Birthright.

Story!Xander's death made me cry the first time I played FatesĀ (This was long before I came to the realization, "Wow, Story!Xander was actually being a real ass regarding what happened prior.").

Iago has a really cool design, and his voice acting is great as well.

Validar, Jedah, and Riev are highlyĀ devoted to their deities.

Fernand was a cool character in the DLC.

All of Berkut's themes are fantastic.

Ā 

Roy's father is Eliwood.

Marth...um...wow, I can't think of a single thing that's good about him.

Peri's hair striking isĀ kinda cool.

Tharja can die, Yes that's the nicest thing I can say to her.

-------------------------------Xx---------------------------------

Edited by Skylorella Con

So, let's do this by chunks.

Est - she comes with Mercurius in SD.
Faye - the only female character who has multiple reclass options without an item (only once, but still).
Sylvia - best dancing utility in the series, full stop.
Cath - Can be rescued by just about anyone.
Serra - First staffbot.
Lute - Anima's a surprisingly good affinity for her
Boyd - Has an interesting backstory, at least.
Micaiah - Best-dressed in the series, and should've instituted the Daein Fashion Police.
Sumia and Cordelia - Both of these ladies can get Galeforce relatively early, and without reclassing.
Hayato - Mages are very welcome in Birthright.
Charlotte - She makes a good pair-up bot.
Most of the Heroes' OC - Their story is still ongoing, so they may get more development yet!

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

The one positive I'll give him. Eventual access to Galeforce for somebody else.Ā 

The rest I won't because his growths can only be as good as his class options, and his class options are ass.Ā 

I can't tell if you ignored my point about his supports, or if none you've read have stood out to you. I don't blame you, Awakenings support system is a double-edged sword when it comes to characterization (you'll either get a really good conversation, or a really bad one, or something in-between).

I disagree about his class options being bad, but that's because I'm fine working with myrmidons, and as I said, changing him into a fighter means he can become a hero, making him both fast AND strong. Considering everyone has a different play-style with Fire Emblem games, I can see how you may think his options are bad.

8 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I can't tell if you ignored my point about his supports, or if none you've read have stood out to you. I don't blame you, Awakenings support system is a double-edged sword when it comes to characterization (you'll either get a really good conversation, or a really bad one, or something in-between).

I disagree about his class options being bad, but that's because I'm fine working with myrmidons, and as I said, changing him into a fighter means he can become a hero, making him both fast AND strong. Considering everyone has a different play-style with Fire Emblem games, I can see how you may think his options are bad.

I can't say I like his supports, either. The Maribel one offers nothing substantial about Gaius' actual character beyond just giving a story to tell. "I hurt your father. Sorry, but I was forced to do it and it helped you". Really not a lot of substance for Gaius beyond him being a generic nice guy who happens to be a thief. Again, it comes down to him having the personality of wet bread when candy's not involved. And the candy stuff is even worse.

And his recruitment conversation is fine. Once.

Camilla has nice hair and a cool crown, and her backstory had a lot of potential. (sucks that IS reduced her to nothing but fanservice instead of expanding more on her backstory and giving her a personality outside of Corrin)

Niles is kind of handsome.

Peri has cuteĀ floofy hair and a good fashion sense.

I like Soleilā€™s art in Heroes.

Makalov... doesnā€™t have to be recruited unless you really need a steel sword. I canā€™t think of anything good about him really. (I donā€™t understand how so many people hate Ike so much though :( even if you hatedĀ him in RD, how can he be the most hated when this guy is in the same game?)

Edited by ShadowAlchemist
I forgot one

Xander: He has some of the best supports in his game, showing compassion, wisdom and strength of character that we don't see in the campaign.

Iago: His mask thing is pretty cool and makes me wonder what happened to the side of his face it covers.

Corrin: A fun and flexible unit that adds a lot of replayability. F!Corrin is pretty cute.

Celica: She makes a good foil to Berkut and Jedah, and her flaws have consequences. You could almost forget she's a selfish, overemotional, dangerously naive trainwreck. Love the outfit.