Say something nice about your least favorite character

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

You guessed correctly. 

If I'm to guess why some people sooner bring up Sigurd or Leif when talking about flaws and making mistakes it's because their mistakes tend to have much more grave consequences than the rest.

Edited by Hekselka

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celica- Has a nice design and Erica Lindbeck is awesome
  • Faye- Cute
  • Corrin- Genuinely enjoyed their supports in warriors and appreciate that they're incredibly unique among the lords in terms of personality and design
  • Alm- Made me appreciate Marth and Eliwood that much more
  • Stahl-I'm not forced to use you so that's nice
  • Peri- Everything about her relationship with laslow is nice
Edited by MisfitMiju

On March 31, 2018 at 11:14 PM, Slumber said:

(snipped for post size)

Hm…I see. Being in the middle of a Story Chapter could be considered a plus for Gaius, though, since you can just kill him off if you don't like him and then you only hear his death quote's candy pun - I accidentally did that in my first Awakening playthrough not realizing you could recruit him until after I killed Tharja(and lost Libra) in similar mistaken fashion. I don't think he does any candy puns in his Chrom Supports, if that helps your opinion at all - at least none that I caught. If nothing else, he…kind of ended up helping Chrom develop as a character? That's a plus, right?

Asugi isn't as candy-crazy, no, but the way his relationship with Saizo was written really gets on my nerves, especially the first interaction you see between them - Asugi somewhat understandably isn't too keen on the concept of being Saizo son of Saizo son of Saizo son of Saizo son of Saizo son of Saizo, and his father basically throws a fit, then Asugi also throws a fit, which I would be more bothered by if Saizo hadn't done it first and ruined his own character for me, then Asugi performs the stereotypical teenager move of running away from the problem, 'cuz, you know, he's totally gonna be able to escape his Assassin's Creed father. The writing for the interaction just sucks. Also I dislike Asugi's pose with his hands behind his head, it bugs me for some reason.

On April 1, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Ertrick36 said:

Severa is immensely improved in Fates from selfish dick to female jock with about a dozen moments of self-reflection.

I dunno, she's still rude to pretty much everyone for no visible reason. If anything, I'd argue Fates hurt her for anyone who doesn't know her Awakening backstory, since in Awakening one of the reasons she became that way was to keep herself from getting hurt again, while in Fates she's just doing it because…habit, I guess. I'd also contend that her only real moment of growth in all of Fates is her A-Support with Caeldori, which a) requires you to be playing Revelations, b) requires you to marry her to Subaki, and c) requires you to spend the effort building her Support with her motherdaughter to A, which is something that I've seen a surprising number of players say they don't have time for otherwise I wouldn't mention it. If there are a dozen moments of self-reflection, I've missed like half of them, and I use her a lot, so I'd love to know where to look because I really like Severa and would like to like Selena, but she doesn't feel as relatable or understandable.

16 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I don't really count Mark : P or i guess i should have said Kris is the first playable avatar. 

Tbh, i don't either but i just wanted to make a joke.

At least Oliver can be killed for experience instead of recruited, or used for a free nosferatu tome and silence staff. His recruitment makes me laugh even if I despise him.

Tharja: Noire wouldn't exist without her.

Peri: I don't hate her as much as Oliver. That's as nice as I can be.

Niles: He's useful, if a douche.

Fates Children in general but mostly Rhajat and Soleil: It's possible for them not to exist

Takumi: He reminds me of Shinon, who I actually liked. Unfortunately, it's for having Shinon's negative traits without his best one (training Rolf)

Azura: To be fair, if she'd been a logical character the game wouldn't have lasted any time at all.

Heather & Charlotte: As despicable as I find their manipulative manner, at least it's for a good reason (unlike versions of Anna)

Whoever Nah's canon father is: At least your daughter is cool, even if you're fucked up mate.

Dolph and Macellan: You're both really handy in Archanea Chronicles... I just always forget which of you is which.

The Sable Order guys from Archanea Chronicles: I like the concept. I just wish you guys weren't so damn forgettable.

Innes: At least the people you hire are good.

Manfroy: I'm pretty sure I'm meant to hate you, so kudos. What's the next step of your master plan.

On 4/1/2018 at 6:46 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Barst is.....um......uh... I got nothing.

Better than Bord and Cord, ideal for using a hammer on knights?

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I think this is the only good thing I've heard about Tharja here.

Tharja: Mother of Noire 

Pretty much. Ironically though it's also the reason I dislike her. I could handle her being pretty much an evil character but on your army out of an insane infatuation with Robin. What bugs me about her is the treatment of Noire (and for that matter her husband). The other redeeming feature of the character is her A-support with Noire where it's revealed Noire isn't a dark mage because the alt-future Tharja actually did care about her daughter to the degree that she didn't want her suffering the side effects of using dark magic. So Noire is simultaneously Tharja's greatest failing and success.

On 3/31/2018 at 6:05 PM, Slumber said:

Yeah, but Thieves suck in Awakening.

You can't buy Door/Chest keys AFAIK, so thieves have a niche.

10 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Better than Bord and Cord, ideal for using a hammer on knights?

I prefer those two over Barst actually. They ''know their place'' at least while Barst seems to have at least some degree of status within the community and a spot in heroes over his better peers from other games. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I prefer those two over Barst actually. They ''know their place'' at least while Barst seems to have at least some degree of status within the community and a spot in heroes over his better peers from other games. 

That's because Barst is, by and large, a good unit, while Cord, and especially Bord, aren't. Barst is basically Ogma(Ogma has better bases, Barst has better growths) with an axe, and he's like Ogma's #2 in the context of the games. 

Barst has all around fantastic growths, barring his wlv growth. He'll crush Cord and Bord in both games and their remakes. He has better bases, too. 

Edited by Slumber

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

That's because Barst is, by and large, a good unit, while Cord, and especially Bord, aren't. Barst is basically Ogma(Ogma has better bases, Barst has better growths) with an axe, and he's like Ogma's #2 in the context of the games. 

Barst has all around fantastic growths, barring his wlv growth. He'll crush Cord and Bord in both games and their remakes. He has better bases, too. 

Not going to go into incredible detail with this, but bases and growths should tell the story:

FE1:

Spoiler
Barst Fighter Lv 5 HP 24 Str 10 Skl 6 WLv 6 Spd 9 Lck 5 Def 6 Res 0 Mov 6
Bord Fighter Lv 3 HP 20 Str 8 Skl 4 WLv 5 Spd 7 Lck 1 Def 5 Res 0 Mov 6
Cord Fighter Lv 3 HP 20 Str 7 Skl 5 WLv 3 Spd 9 Lck 5 Def 5 Res 0 Mov 6

Growths:

Barst HP 60 Str 50 Skl 50 WLv 30 Spd 50 Lck 70 Def 50 Res 0
Bord 90 50 50 20 10 30 50 0
Cord 100 30 20 50 40 40 40 0

Barst is best everywhere save HP in the long run. WLv is useless as you only need 4 to use every single Axe.

FE3:

Spoiler
Barts Fighter Lv 5 HP 24 Str 10 Skl 6 Spd  9 Lck 5 WLv 6 Def 6 Res 0 6
Bord Fighter 3 22 8 4 7 1 5 5 0 6
Cord Fighter 3 22 7 5 9 5 3 5 0

Barts HP 60 Str 50 Skl 50 Spd 50 Lck 70 WLv 30 Def 50 Res 3
Bord 90 50 50 10 30 20 50 3
Cord 10 30 20 40 40 50 40

So basically the same. But what has happened to Cord's HP growth? WLv needed now is 10, still not much.

FE11:

Spoiler
Barst Fighter Lv 3 HP 24 Str 10 Mag 0 Skl 6 Spd 9 Lck 5 Def 6 Res 0 Mov 6 Axe D
Bord Fighter 2 20 8 0 4 7 1 5 0 6 Axe C
Cord Fighter 2 20 7 0 5 9 5 5 0 6 Axe E

Both of these in their base class of Fighter, not absolutes.

Barst HP 80 Str 40 Mag 0 Skl S40 Spd 30 Lck 40 Def 15 Res 0
Bord 90 55 0 45 10 35 10 0
Cord 80 50 0 20 40 40 10 0

Barst has been nerfed, Cord is arguably better or equal.

And FE12:

Spoiler
Cord Fighter 2 22 9 0 7 8 5 5 0 6

Axe E

Bord Fighter 2 22 10 0 8 6 1 5 0 6 Axe C

Barst Fighter 5 26 12 0 10 11 6 7 0 6 Axe D

Growths:

Cord 100 60 0 40 50 50 20 0

Bord 100 65 0 65 30 45 20 0

Barst 100 70 0 60 40 50 25 0

So Barst is still arguably the best, but again roughly equal to Cord.

And the "know their place" bit sounds to me like they mean Archanea's Fighters are personality-less characters like much of Archanea's crew and hence does not deserve much if any acclaim, which isn't completely off base.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:22 AM, Slumber said:

The one positive I'll give him. Eventual access to Galeforce for somebody else. 

The rest I won't because his growths can only be as good as his class options, and his class options are ass. 

You can kill Gaius. Does that make you like him?

1 hour ago, CyberController said:

You can kill Gaius. Does that make you like him?

Yes. Very much so. Get his seed and make his wife a single mother. 

Peri is atleast decent in conquest, and makes an overall good unit with good strength, speed and resistance. Well that is until Xander joins a few chapters later and breaks the game in half.