Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Grima, Genny and Nuibaba

Alright I have started a tally like last time and basically will do the highest priority ones first. Nuibaba is one that I saw many are interested in so may tackle her first.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

For people in this thread, any preferences on which profiles you want to see translated first? Everybody who has a full body portrait has a profile attached, so feel free to pick!

Saber and Lukas

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 4 of 8

We're halfway there now!

Man that seems like a pretty rough 2 years

Also wait did I misread the timeline or is Rudolf's wife never mentioned in this. Liprica is mentioned several times but Alm's mom is just sort of ????

39 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

For people in this thread, any preferences on which profiles you want to see translated first? Everybody who has a full body portrait has a profile attached, so feel free to pick!

Kliff, Genny, Jesse, Deen, and Nuibaba. Maybe Kamui, but I don't know whether his backstory is the exact same as in the game, or if it expands upon it. Same deal with Berkut and Rinea.

3 minutes ago, JDtheBA said:

Wait, lima actually loved liprica? And her death caused his philand? That's an interesting take.

It does make sense, since normal kings don't go around nabbing priestesses XD

@Kirokan

I saw you're looking for help with the profiles. If you want, I can help with some after I've done the timeline. Have Delthea and Tatiana been claimed yet?

55 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 4 of 8

We're halfway there now!

Wait, only halfway? Does the timeline cover the events of the game, and sometime after it?! If so:

Spoiler

This will pretty much sums up how I will feel. Minus the last part.

45 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Lima IV is such a pitiful man. So easily manipulated and lost himself in corruption. You know, he was an asshole, but when you think about it, he was surrounded by bad folk that showed him the wrong paths.

Just goes to show that evil men and women aren't born that way, and that the circumstances around us can and do shape who we are. Of course, the decisions we make in these situations, and what we take away from it, also form who we are as people.

Part of me wishes that most of this information was in the game itself as an unlockable, as I feel it would sooth over some (though not all) of the complaints about the story, but then again, it's obvious that they put a lot of thought into creating the lore, and I think that extra time helped iron out the final product.

Just saying, HistoryOfTheEmblem on tumblr translated Deen'sJesse'sLeon's and Python's profiles. I don't believe they translated the full thing, but they said they did any new info given (I think Leon's might of been an exception).

As for my personal preference, I would really like to see Nuibaba, Saber and Genny. Though of coarse it is important to take your time and not overwork yourselves.

1 hour ago, Sock said:

Saber and Lukas

Noted! Lukas has already been done by another and I should have it on his page soon.

44 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Kliff, Genny, Jesse, Deen, and Nuibaba. Maybe Kamui, but I don't know whether his backstory is the exact same as in the game, or if it expands upon it. Same deal with Berkut and Rinea.

Noted! Even if it's the same, it'll get done anyway. xD

36 minutes ago, L95 said:

Duma, Mila, Halcyon, Jedah, Nuibaba. Maybe Marla and Hestia but their profiles look so short I doubt they have any new info

Noted! New or not we intend to do them all : )

34 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It does make sense, since normal kings don't go around nabbing priestesses XD

@Kirokan

I saw you're looking for help with the profiles. If you want, I can help with some after I've done the timeline. Have Delthea and Tatiana been claimed yet?

Delthea has been, but Tatiana is open. I'll reserve her for you!

18 minutes ago, Azz said:

Just saying, HistoryOfTheEmblem on tumblr translated Deen'sJesse'sLeon's and Python's profiles. I don't believe they translated the full thing, but they said they did any new info given (I think Leon's might of been an exception).

As for my personal preference, I would really like to see Nuibaba, Saber and Genny. Though of coarse it is important to take your time and not overwork yourselves.

Indeed, I reached out to the translator of those and got permission to use them! (They even note it in their latest post), so those are covered and they will be credited of course accordingly. : )

Noted your preference! I'm working on Nuibaba as we speak as she got quite a few requests. : )

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 5 of 8

We've reached the game's prologue ^^

I'm going to sleep now, but the next page looks kinda epic.

oh i didnt catch that Conrad was only a half brother. And specifically one of MULTIPLE half brothers.

guessing she didn't bond as much with the rest.

33 minutes ago, r_n said:

guessing she didn't bond as much with the rest.

It's stated somewhere ingame that Conrad's mother is Rigelian, and thus they were both more or less "shunned" by everyone but Celica. ...I seem to recall Celica was in a similar situation of being looked down on (and thus Celica and Conrad didn't have anyone else), but don't quote me on that.

edit: Oh hell, I just realized thanks to this timeline: Celica wasn't necessarily "looked down on" but rather was set aside and ignored.

Edited by Sock

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Just goes to show that evil men and women aren't born that way, and that the circumstances around us can and do shape who we are. Of course, the decisions we make in these situations, and what we take away from it, also form who we are as people.

Part of me wishes that most of this information was in the game itself as an unlockable, as I feel it would sooth over some (though not all) of the complaints about the story, but then again, it's obvious that they put a lot of thought into creating the lore, and I think that extra time helped iron out the final product.

Reminds me of the Emperor in Akame ga Kiru. 

I wish this was there as well. But to have this kind of exposition in the game would require a lot of effort and workings.

I think the only thing it really needed was a Memory detailing Rudolf meeting a degenerating Duma and trying to bluff his way through not immediately invading zofia for the past decade

On 4/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, omegaxis1 said:

I wish this was there as well. But to have this kind of exposition in the game would require a lot of effort and workings.

I could see it working as a new game+ reward, but then they'd have to add more features that they didn't have the time and resources for so the feature wouldn't come off as half-baked. Also, as great as this timeline is, I do get the impression that some of it was thought out after Echoes was released, and they wanted to clear a few things up.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 5 of 8

We've reached the game's prologue ^^

I'm going to sleep now, but the next page looks kinda epic.

Well, I'm excited for tomorrow then.

It's nice that they put the timeline of the events that happened in the other parts of the world in here. I don't have Shadow Dragon, and I dropped my playthough of the original Mystery of the Emblem after getting bored with the game (and my computer deleted my emulation save files, so I can't replay it now without starting all over again), so I'm not that familiar with the story of Marth's games. This helps clear things up, and it gives the impression that there are important things happening in the world at large.

Edited by Hawkwing
Fixed Grammatical Errors

Thanks for part 5! I'll get that up there.

In the meantime, here is Dolth and Nuibaba's profiles by popular demand (well, Nuibaba, but Dolth was on the page so xD). That's quite a backstory to her, poor girl.

4pUp0Uz.jpg

I'll likely do Duma and Grima next, as they have the next highest tally.

8 hours ago, Lodestar65 said:

If you don't mind, could you translate Mycen, Rudolf, and Duma's profiles?

Noted!

Edited by Kirokan

Holy crap, Nuibaba. THAT is the type of thing that needs to be in the freaking game, or at least in the game manual (but who am I kidding, game manuals don't do that sort of thing anymore).

Makes me wonder what I've missed from non-FE games...

Wow, that's really tragic. I wish we got some of that in game, like via an NPC is Nuibaba's abode or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of (though not necessarily everything) this information was stuff written about the characters to begin with. Like they outline what each character's deals are, what goes on in the timeline, then use that as a basis for the actual dialog and events in game. And sometimes, as seen here, that stuff just never makes it into the game.

Nier series is a pretty big example. There is a ton of backstory written for those games, but most of it is just trickled out in the game themselves.  But you can tell from what is there that they're not JUST back writing it in.

You see it in Pokemon, too. There' stuff only mentioned in passing *on their concept art* that never shows up in the games. Sun & Moon's concept art for Grimsley casually drops a time period relative to Gen 5 and information about his family's fall from riches is only on there or mentioned off hand in interviews. Pokemon design traits are often there too

So thing's like Nuibaba's extensive backstory is probably the same. It was written probably so writers could do her scenario and "voice" with that in mind (keeping a bunch of beautiful women in her dungeon, her interactions with Berkut, trying ot bring in Alm to her, specifically, etc).

Also is Dolth the one who summons draco zombies and the fort where you go through the underground? Is there *anything* in this book that talks about that fort because that always stood out to me. It's like...a factory. There's steel, extensive piping...it really stands out, design wise, from everything else that's usually just "generic fantasy"

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also is Dolth the one who summons draco zombies and the fort where you go through the underground? Is there *anything* in this book that talks about that fort because that always stood out to me. It's like...a factory. There's steel, extensive piping...it really stands out, design wise, from everything else that's usually just "generic fantasy"

Perhaps it's in the story summary section or section that talks about Draco Zombies in general. I'll keep an eye out for you though. But I believe he is indeed the Draco Zombie summoner/maker.

Just now, Kirokan said:

Perhaps it's in the story summary section or section that talks about Draco Zombies in general. I'll keep an eye out for you though. But I believe he is indeed the Draco Zombie summoner/maker.

Thanks! I really hope there's even an offhand "strange materials" or something. That and the prison thats just uh

just full of hanging bloody body bags that goes completely unremarked by the cast

feels like they had to have something written about it somewhere