Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Possible. But like I said, it's likely that they are going to alter MUCH of the lore. 

I have a feeling that a Genealogy of the Holy War is gonna get a remake sooner or later and alter MANY lores that are established to fit their new canon.

I'm expect that in a FE4 remake some Holy Blood may be added or be removed. Characters to be added, merged or removed. after all there is a lot of bosses that share the same face.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just hope this never somehow alters Tellius and gives Ike Major Ashunera Blood.

I don't think this one requires any changes. Remember that this is a game made long after Kaga left Nintendo. Though it seems that most of the Tellius series seems to actually hold stuff that Kaga actually had written himself. Figures that one of the best series in the franchise has Kaga's influence in it. Though some things in there are still original.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course they will, and we will have to keep reminding people that these things aren't what was originally intended.

I do not mind if they alter the lore, as long as they do not make it be absolutely stupid. And maybe fill some plotholes that Kaga left behind. And probably also insert my theory on quintessence into how the Valkyrie Staff works.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, there's already the fact he uses the Falchion. And there's always confirming that Marth's ancestors do include the likes of Seliph, does revelaing they do carry Naga's blood, if remmanent after countless generations. I mean, they kinda pulled it already with the other Falchion. It came from Naga, but she's not the one who placed the blood-bind that it now carries, does it?

The Accordion seems to say that you have to have Divine Dragon Blood with a Brand to wield it. Though the Accordion does say that it must be Naga's Brand, which does not match Duma's Brand. Maybe just the Brand itself is how it works. 

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's stated in the supplemental material. It also sates he's the one who blood-binded the Aura and Excalibur tomes as well. Well, at least Aura. Come to think of it, now it makes me wonder what's the exact deal with Excalibur and Merric. I don't think it was stated Wendell used it to say there's no blood-bind there... unless they are related... who knows...

Actually, according to Kaga, it wasn't a blood bond, but a magical contract that he placed onto the items, so that only specific people can wield it. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Possible. But like I said, it's likely that they are going to alter MUCH of the lore. 

I have a feeling that a Genealogy of the Holy War is gonna get a remake sooner or later and alter MANY lores that are established to fit their new canon.

Oh yeah, i'm totally expecting that. Poor Kaga though. His stuff his getting getting retconned left and right.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sigurd visiting Tiki? What chance could he have gotten to do that? It can't be during FE4 unless he secretly survived Valflame. Did he  get on a boat that went radically off course one day and then stumbled into Tiki before returning home?

I mean, maybe it made it into the history books? 

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's stated in the supplemental material. It also sates he's the one who blood-binded the Aura and Excalibur tomes as well. Well, at least Aura. Come to think of it, now it makes me wonder what's the exact deal with Excalibur and Merric. I don't think it was stated Wendell used it to say there's no blood-bind there... unless they are related... who knows...

Well I think this is it:

Meanwhile, to protect the most powerful spells, like Aura or Excalibur, Gotoh attached a contract to them so that only the user could wield them. The same kind of protection was also placed on the Falchion.

So it doesn't say anything specifically about dragon blood, only a "contract". Which is good, since SD and NM kinda undid that contract at least partially. And it spares us from the idea that Linde and Merric are also dragon blood recipients.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't think this one requires any changes. Remember that this is a game made long after Kaga left Nintendo. Though it seems that most of the Tellius series seems to actually hold stuff that Kaga actually had written himself. Figures that one of the best series in the franchise has Kaga's influence in it. Though some things in there are still original.

Well Elincia exists unused in TRS, so that might be right. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i'm totally expecting that. Poor Kaga though. His stuff his getting getting retconned left and right.

I could've sworn for some reason you aren't his biggest fan.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The Accordion seems to say that you have to have Divine Dragon Blood with a Brand to wield it. Though the Accordion does say that it must be Naga's Brand, which does not match Duma's Brand. Maybe just the Brand itself is how it works. 

Actually, according to Kaga, it wasn't a blood bond, but a magical contract that he placed onto the items, so that only specific people can wield it. 

Well, not a worries then. Naga... Duma... Gotoh... they all Divines... Hmm, so that thing about the brands is a plothole or something?

Hmm, that's interesting. Considering that at least in both Falchion and Aura they work as if it was a blood bond. Falchion we all know about. Aura was only Miloah's, and then his daughter Linde's. Well, the remakes added the "and now all females can use it". And Excalibur... I'm not sure it was placed on Merric itself. Likely on Wendell, being another of Gotoh's students, then? But then how could it be passed down then... and of course, remakes add the "and now all males can use it". No longer that much special for Merric and Linde, huh. At least they kept something in the "no need to reach rank A" to use them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unless they destroy the soul of his work, I don't think its that much of a disgrace. I mean, the remake of Shadow Dragon helped develop Marth so well that analyzing him made him become one of my most favorite characters in the franchise.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, maybe it made it into the history books? 

Tiki foresaw Sigurd in her dreams. Tiki clearly displays a level of consciousness even while asleep. And if my theory is that Naga has clairvoyance, Tiki inherited some of it, and sees things in her sleep.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Elincia exists unused in TRS, so that might be right. 

But, if they were gonna remake it, I would prefer if Ike's more emotional moments did NOT sound so terrible in the voice acting for the scenes. Just saying. XP

Oh, and maybe also make it so that him and Elincia can be a thing. (A guy can dream!)

Though I would like if they expanded on his reasons for leaving Tellius despite promising Mist he wouldn't leave her in PoR. My theory that I wrote was that the Black Knight awoke Ike's own hunger for battle, but Ike's is less murderous and more a desire to just test out skills. So losing his rival, he went to find strong fighters. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

eanwhile, to protect the most powerful spells, like Aura or Excalibur, Gotoh attached a contract to them so that only the user could wield them. The same kind of protection was also placed on the Falchion.

So it doesn't say anything specifically about dragon blood, only a "contract". Which is good, since SD and NM kinda undid that contract at least partially. And it spares us from the idea that Linde and Merric are also dragon blood recipients.

You know, depending on when that article was made, the "contracts" could might as well be proto Blood Bonds, before they were changed into what we know today. So if this was revealed before Genealogy, then chances are they could be the same thing. If this was revealed after Genealogy... then sure, it could be something different.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

This book has so many story and lore, the character backstories really help characters like Deen who have little material (that's why I'd like to know Kamui's description), and the timeline tells us cool details that we wouldn't know any other way, like the history of valentia or details like about Sirius mask or Gradivus. This makes me want another remake of FE3/12 even more, I mean while we know a lot about the chronology of Archanea, there surely are still lot's of details to be told, like if Chorm's ancestor is Sigurd, and all those characters from the games would really beneficiate from a backstory. 

This is really giving me hope for the Fates artbook, if it has this many details I might replay the games and even enjoy them. It's a shame that the awakening one was scarce in worldbuilding, while it had a glossary it was pretty basic, and they could have told what happened to the regalia. Also, some characters who only can have support with Robin and little more could have been given more details, like Say'ri or the Khans, but nothing can be done about that.

I am pretty surprised they said it was the same Gradivus, it seemed like the remake was downplaying Gradivus's legendary status by having the player able to forge it and the other Regalia. Meanwhile Kaga seemed to have initially planned multiple Falchions and Gradivus before changing his mind.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

7 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

This is really giving me hope for the Fates artbook, if it has this many details I might replay the games and even enjoy them. It's a shame that the awakening one was scarce in worldbuilding, while it had a glossary it was pretty basic, and they could have told what happened to the regalia. Also, some characters who only can have support with Robin and little more could have been given more details, like Say'ri or the Khans, but nothing can be done about that.

Well even if they didn't have any world building/characterization planned at the time, they can invent some now and we won't be able to tell the difference/we'll accept the retcons. They have plenty of time, because Kozaki has to make over forty new official artwork pieces and he is apparently busy as is. They're saying by the end of the year hopefully, but it might take even longer.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I am pretty surprised they said it was the same Gradivus, it seemed like the remake was downplaying Gradivus legendary status by having the player able to forge it and the other Regalia.

You need to forge very rare Blessed weapons to make them, and you need a boatload of Gold as well. So they aren't exactly easy to make and the Mercurius is trash.

Being able to forge regalia does not seem canonical, only the Gradivus in Duma Temple is for all we know.

10 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I am pretty surprised they said it was the same Gradivus, it seemed like the remake was downplaying Gradivus's legendary status by having the player able to forge it and the other Regalia. Meanwhile Kaga seemed to have initially planned multiple Falchions and Gradivus before changing his mind.

But you know, I feel that this part of Gradivus can be legit. Camus had it last, and we can make the assumption that after defeat, him and Gradivus fell into the ocean and carried away. 

His defeat at Marth's hand did occur, since if you win the chapter without defeating Camus, it's said that Camus vanished but this means he's alive. And Nyna is shocked to realize Camus is alive when she meets Sirius. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and the Mercurius is trash.

Why is it always Mercurius? It was Marth's signature weapon before Falchion!

Edited by omegaxis1

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You need to forge very rare Blessed weapons to make them, and you need a boatload of Gold as well. So they aren't exactly easy to make and the Mercurius is trash.

Being able to forge regalia does not seem canonical, only the Gradivus in Duma Temple is for all we know.

I found it notable because you couldn't forge other legendary weapons or even Astra/Luna/Sol. I wonder why only the Regalia were forgeable?

You are probably right that the extra weapons aren't canon, its just the first time the series has had extra legendary Lances/Swords/Axes/Bows.

Gradivus was nerfed to hell in SOV.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But you know, I feel that this part of Gradivus can be legit. Camus had it last, and we can make the assumption that after defeat, him and Gradivus fell into the ocean and carried away. 

His defeat at Marth's hand did occur, since if you win the chapter without defeating Camus, it's said that Camus vanished but this means he's alive. And Nyna is shocked to realize Camus is alive when she meets Sirius. 

Not impossible, but a little strange, I figured Archanea would be eager to reclaim their heirlooms. In Mystery, all of the legendary weapons were with their nation of claim, implying the League returned them.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I found it notable because you couldn't forge other legendary weapons or even Astra/Luna/Sol. I wonder why only the Regalia were forgeable?

You are probably right that the extra weapons aren't canon, its just the first time the series has had extra legendary Lances/Swords/Axes/Bows.

Gradivus was nerfed to hell in SOV.

You can forge Falchion there.

Gradivus is at least still better than poor Mercurius.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You can forge Falchion there.

Gradivus is at least still better than poor Mercurius.

You cannot forge a Falchion, only improve the one you already have.

Gradivus might was reduced by 3 and its weight got increased by 5. Lances seem overall weaker to me in the remake.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Not impossible, but a little strange, I figured Archanea would be eager to reclaim their heirlooms. In Mystery, all of the legendary weapons were with their nation of claim, implying the League returned them.

Well, they did still have a war to deal with Medeus. And after that, a lot of effort would go into restoring peace, since even when the war ends, the need to make lots of repairs. They likely didn't have the time and resources to mount a search for a treasure at the time. Luckily the Whitewings found it and returned it. After all, by the time the war of Valentia ended, the War of Heroes was just beginning. 

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Gradivus might was reduced by 3 and its weight got increased by 5. Lances seem overall weaker to me in the remake.

Least there's no weapon triangle. Speaking of weapon triangles, what is the point of owning axes in the game if we can never equip them? Still annoys me. 

But at least Gradivus kept its 1-2 range, has a recovery skill, and with forging, it gets one might and loses one weight.

I just want to say thank you to all the people that have been translating all this information for us. This makes me appreciate the story a lot more then I had originally!

I wish that this had made it into the actual game, but I have the feeling that most of this was made specifically for the art book. Besides Echoes was most likely given a much smaller budget to work with so there was a lot less they could have fit in compared to Awakening, Fates, and whatever the Switch game is called...that is why if the Fates art book contains all the backstory that should have been in game I will read it all and be livid. That game does not have this ones excuse.

My rant aside thanks!

25 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Definitely the worst weapon type in my analysis. If only one could obtain an Emperor's Lance without random paid DLC (maybe give Rudolf one?), you could get a 100+ Crit rate with that. And then you have the Trainee's Lance and its potent Solo Triangle Attack, which is so good, but again, paid DLC, albeit you're guaranteed to get one, but only one.

Or, they could have just made it possible to Silver Lance > Ridersbane > Rhomphaia for the ability to craft a bunch of these instead of being stuck with one. The Rhomphaia's Dragonhaze can match the Zweihander's Tigerstance, and the Zweihander is arguably the best weapon in the game.

I found it odd you couldn't forge the Silver Lance into anything else when the Silver Bow can go Radiant or Killer. And the Silver Sword can be turned the Brave Sword, which in turn can go Shadow Sword, which go into the Ilwoon, or which you can make into a Rapier.

As is Gradivus is the best non-DLC Lance that isn't the one Ridersbane/Rhomphaia, which is saying how lacking they are. Oh, and there is the Sol too, but good luck with the RNG for that, and it still worse than the Rhomphaia on anyone that is fast. Gradivus's 1-2 range, while great by the standards of every other game, is only good for keeping squishy units safe on the player phase in this game, since Mire and Bows outrange it.

Bows by comparison have the powerful Killer, the shutdown of the Longbow and Silver, the range of Parthia, the accuracy of Luna, and the Res targeting of the Radiant. A lot of viable options.

Swords have the godly Zweihander, the crit-happy Brave, the anti-Cav & Armor and terrain Rapier, and solid B-rate weapons in the Silver, Shadow, and Ilwoon, and Alm's personal duo.

49 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I just want to say thank you to all the people that have been translating all this information for us. This makes me appreciate the story a lot more then I had originally!

I wish that this had made it into the actual game, but I have the feeling that most of this was made specifically for the art book. Besides Echoes was most likely given a much smaller budget to work with so there was a lot less they could have fit in compared to Awakening, Fates, and whatever the Switch game is called...that is why if the Fates art book contains all the backstory that should have been in game I will read it all and be livid. That game does not have this ones excuse.

My rant aside thanks!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fates has this same issue because even after DLC designed entirely around expositing important backstory and another DLC that ALSO gives some information despite being an AU scenario, there's still gaps in the story and setting and background and just...its a mess. its all a mess. I am pretty sure more information was given in radio dramas?!

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Definitely the worst weapon type in my analysis. If only one could obtain an Emperor's Lance without random paid DLC (maybe give Rudolf one?), you could get a 100+ Crit rate with that. And then you have the Trainee's Lance and its potent Solo Triangle Attack, which is so good, but again, paid DLC, albeit you're guaranteed to get one, but only one.

Or, they could have just made it possible to Silver Lance > Ridersbane > Rhomphaia for the ability to craft a bunch of these instead of being stuck with one. The Rhomphaia's Dragonhaze can match the Zweihander's Tigerstance, and the Zweihander is arguably the best weapon in the game.

I found it odd you couldn't forge the Silver Lance into anything else when the Silver Bow can go Radiant or Killer. And the Silver Sword can be turned the Brave Sword, which in turn can go Shadow Sword, which go into the Ilwoon, or which you can make into a Rapier.

As is Gradivus is the best non-DLC Lance that isn't the one Ridersbane/Rhomphaia, which is saying how lacking they are. Oh, and there is the Sol too, but good luck with the RNG for that, and it still worse than the Rhomphaia on anyone that is fast. Gradivus's 1-2 range, while great by the standards of every other game, is only good for keeping squishy units safe on the player phase in this game, since Mire and Bows outrange it.

Bows by comparison have the powerful Killer, the shutdown of the Longbow and Silver, the range of Parthia, the accuracy of Luna, and the Res targeting of the Radiant. A lot of viable options.

Swords have the godly Zweihander, the crit-happy Brave, the anti-Cav & Armor and terrain Rapier, and solid B-rate weapons in the Silver, Shadow, and Ilwoon, and Alm's personal duo.

Barons were also nerfed too, most notably using the +5 move from the Speed ring. 

Wow all this speculation and discussion makes me warm inside! I'm used to Tellius Recollection that didn't really have anywhere near as much activity xD (Then again it didn't really reveal too many new things either).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Their food interests- does everyone playable have those on their profile b/c Provisions? *Checks SF's Preferences page*, yup S&D match up with what it says there.

Ah! I wish I knew that page existed. Going forward I'll adjust the terms to the ones displayed here, and fix the Sonya page by the end too.

15 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

I'm used to Tellius Recollection that didn't really have anywhere near as much activity xD (Then again it didn't really reveal too many new things either)

Well the Recollections had plenty of nice stuff, but not as much it is true. Partly because the Recollections came out years after the release and therefore fewer people having a strong attachment to the base games. And we already had a lot of information available on Tellius owing to the timeline being released sooner, and a lot more stuff being said in the games themselves about the world and characters. 

On the timelines, I think Tellius's has its strengths vis a vis the new Valentian one, but Valentia's has a lot of great things about it as well. Tellius could afford to fill in the gap between 478 and 595, and maybe list a few other dates like Almedha's relationship with Ashnard, Soren's birth and Rajaion's capture, when Sephiran left Goldoa, when he recruited Zelgius, when he became a Senator, and Elincia's birth and the elevation of Renning to Crown Prince before that. The Valentian timeline fills in a lot of the short-term history that Tellius's doesn't. And I say this as one most partial to Tellius.

Tellius also had 2 pretty story heavy games to spread around information

Valentia basically has echoes and that's it. It's also kind of a smaller scope game, in general. It's rarely referenced otherwise and the one game that really does, Awaekning, is so far ahead of the timeline it's meaningless to the going ons of the character.

The artbook here also gets to connect it more directly to Marth's games, which is nice. Like yeah it's always been tied to them, but barely. I really appreciate lining up the timelines.

I think an Elibe artbook would get similar reactions, since those games have the whole...prequel made after the "sequel" issue that mucks everything up & FE6 is kind of...eh...with its going ons.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I think an Elibe artbook would get similar reactions, since those games have the whole...prequel made after the "sequel" issue that mucks everything up & FE6 is kind of...eh...with its going ons.

I can see that being the case with FE6, despite never having played it. The plot isn't about politics, religion, or even race really, it's about a misanthrope king using mass produced dragons to end the world. 

Valentia has its gods looming large over everything, Archanea and Jugdral the conflicts within the Dragon Tribes messing with humanity, and Tellius has its Laguz-Beorc relations turning 2 kingdoms into 7 over some centuries, besides having caused the Great Flood in the first place and later ingame causing the stony apocalyse. Nothing happens in Elibe vital to FE6's plot after the Scouring until Zephiel's attempted assassination.

Nergal and FE7 doesn't really matter much either to a timeline, Aenir dies and some dragons cross the Gate, Nergal meets Athos, Nergal goes mad, and that is about it. There is nothing of real importance happening in the world to put on there. The Etrurian internal rebellion and abuse of the Western Isles are pretty much filler that distracts from Zephiel and Bern. The, derived and unofficial, timeline of Elibe as is

Spoiler

Derived Timeline

Around -20
– A fierce war breaks out between man and dragon, known as the Scouring
– The Ending Winter occurs, distorting nature
– Hartmut and the other Eight Legends defeat the dragons and drive them away from Elibe

Around 480
– Athos and Nergal meet at the Nabata Desert

Around 950
– Renault teaches Wallace the arts of combat

– Madelyn of Caelin elopes with Hassar, a Sacaen youth

– Lyndis is born (according to the Japanese version)

– Rath leaves the Kutolah tribe

– Nergal and Sonia kill Nino’s family

– The lords of Lycia hold oath rites at Ostia
– Priscilla is adopted by Count Caerleon of Etruria
– The Black Fang is formed by Brendan Reed

– Wil leaves his homeland along with his friend Dan
– Dart is rescued by Fargus

– Guy leaves the Kutolah tribe to become a swordsman
– Erk becomes a student of the Mage General, Pent

– Hugh is born

– The Lorca tribe is slain by bandits, Lyndis is the sole survivor
– Farina leaves Ilia
– Lyndis leaves Sacae
– Eliwood and Lyndis become friends
– Lyndis heads to Caelin and defeats Lundgren
– Brendan Reed marries Sonia
– Ephidel appears in front of Lord Darin of Laus

– Elbert, the marquess of Pherae, goes missing
– Eliwood and Hector meet up with Lyndis at Caelin
– King Desmond of Bern plots an assassination attempt on his son, Zephiel, which fails
– The seal on the Divine weapons is removed by Bramimond
– Eliwood and Hector defeat Nergal and the Black Fang

– Eliwood becomes marquess of Pherae
– Hector becomes marquess of Ostia
– Klein is born

– Roy is born
– Dieck saves Klein’s life

– Lugh and Ray are born

– Death of King Desmond
– Zephiel’s first meeting with Jahn

– “Death” of Prince Mildain of Etruria

– The Kingdom of Bern invades Elibe
– The Etrurian army, led by Roy of Pherae, defeats Bern
– Guinevere is crowned as Queen of Bern
– Formation of the Kingdom of Lycia

is a pale comparison to the rest. That exist that is it, Awakening, Fates, and Magvel (where the derived timeline jumps from 003 to 793-803 which is the present day) still have it even worse.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Guest Dreamyboi
2 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

My rant aside thanks!

The smaller budget would certainly explain why the maps weren't given the rework they desperately needed, they probably didn't have the time and money to implement all of this so they just focused on the essentials and presentation.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fates has this same issue because even after DLC designed entirely around expositing important backstory and another DLC that ALSO gives some information despite being an AU scenario, there's still gaps in the story and setting and background and just...its a mess. its all a mess. I am pretty sure more information was given in radio dramas?!

I get the feeling Fates will be the butt monkey of this series for a long time.