Say something mean about your favourite character(s)

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That goes for pretty much everyone, though, since they didn't bother to change lines for spouses.

Frederick was one of the only few to have a line after Robin vanishes though, I think. I believe Chrom and Lissa are the only others.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi is too harsh to Azura at times.

Oboro's support with Niles was not pleasant on her end to say the least.

Python's skill stat is not good for an Archer.

Chrom trusts Robin too quickly.

Virion and Inigo's behavior towards girls at times can be questionable.

Conrad was just a walking deux-ex-machina almost everytime he showed up in the story.

Support!Xander only made Peri a retainer because of her looks.

Hinoka is basically nonexistent in Fates' story.

Forde is one of the more lackluster Cavaliers in Sacred Stones.

Lute can be too harsh at times.

Charlotte is nearly naked despite being a gold digger.

Laurent was mean to Noire in their supports together.

What the hell Henry?

Marth Every lord is typically a bad unit or a handicap in their respective games.

Odin/Forsyth/Ilyana are benchwarmer material.

Hinoka has no plot relevance in Fates.

Leo is the worst royal.

Takumi’s son is probably going to be a disappointment in your playthrough.

Anna can’t do much more than meme, accidentally delete your save data, tell you things you already know, take your money, and open locks.

Sigurd is a terrible judge of character.

Soren is a mega-douche, Ike's RD outfit is terrible, Micaiah's kinda selfish, Takumi's rude af, Erk's a little nerd, Lyn has no relevance in Blazing Sword, Azura's very stupid(plot wise), Hector's kinda foolish, Leon, sadly has no personality outside Valber, Sonya's hero's art is terrible and Zelgius...redemption didn't excuse him for killing Greil, especially in front of his son.

Lucina's Marth disguise was kind of unnecessary. The mask would have been enough and maybe then people would stop calling her female Marth without actually looking at their characters.

Chrom is kind of a dork, but that might actually be a good thing. He is too trusting though.

18 hours ago, Lau said:

Marth has an awful name to pronounce and he is a terrible unit in SD's harder modes. His SD portrait is really ugly too. I still love you baby boy.

Caeda's name is awful pronunciation wise, and should have been pronounced "Kay-duh".

...I can't. That's all I can do.

What's so hard about Marth?

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What's so hard about Marth?

I always have trouble pronouncing the "-th" sound, so it comes out as "Marf". Probably not that big of a deal when saying it in a proper sentence, but I'm very self-conscious about it.

Lyon could maybe be a bit more genre savvy when tinkering around with a stone containing Satan.

Micaiah is really slow and would be pretty garbage if she didn't have Thani's effectiveness vs armors and cavalry.

Lyn takes a lot of pampering to even be decent.

Takumi is mega annoying in Conquest and despite his justified anger, he comes across as a whiny pissbaby.

Saying Corrin is unpopular is a grand understatement. He/she does things at times that are cringey to watch and he/she often fails at being at being the player's avatar.

Hector loses to his own daughter in Heroes. No, he's not holding back.

Celica is terrible at talking to friends about important issues.

Cervantes wasn't enough of a meme to last.

Priam only exists in Awakening for fanservice.

Genny doesn't have many friends. Just look at her amount of supports in Shadows of Valentia.

Wherever Heroes Gray goes, he's always greeted by people shouting about pitybreakers and Five-Star pools.

Chrom is just as destructive as Felicia.

Henry's attack stat in Heroes is terrible.

Roy is just Marth without the loss of father and kingdom.

Fir is pretty bad on normal mode.

Forde is a pretty bad unit full stop, and that's saying something if you're a cavalier.

Even though I like training up an Est-type unit once in a while, L'Arachel is really tedious to level up.

In terms of story, Jill might as well not be present in Radiant Dawn.

It's not Shiida herself that's a broken unit, it's her bling that elevates her from "good" to "broken".

Yubello is a whimp.

On 1.4.2018 at 5:16 PM, Anacybele said:

Frederick was one of the only few to have a line after Robin vanishes though, I think. I believe Chrom and Lissa are the only others.

Really? I seem to recall all the characters having one line about Robin's disappearance. But then again, I haven't played Awakening in a while, so I could be wrong.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Really? I seem to recall all the characters having one line about Robin's disappearance. But then again, I haven't played Awakening in a while, so I could be wrong.

I only recall that being the case for when Grima's attempting to take over Robin, and everybody reaching him/her before he/she can succumb. But It's been awhile since I last played too.

Okay, we're doing one per continent, again~!

- Tomas is a backup unit in every sense of the word, and so unimportant that he didn't appear in FE3
- Midir gets his ass kicked before the game begins
- Legault's conversations are subtle to the point that they're easy to misinterpret, and his Ice affinity doesn't up his assassination rate
- Knoll is stuck with the worst weapon type
- Stefan's recruitment and affinity is awful
- Tharja shares the same conversation problem as Legault, but has way more sex appeal, so people are less likely to read between the lines
- Both Ignatius and Hisame are child units, and thus are shoved into the story at an awkward angle

I'm just going to go off some characters I like.
Archanea edition.
Marth: A naive child that doesn't understand the ways of the world. Probably can't grow a beard.
Caeda: You're a manipulative conniving snake.
Abel: You should have picked Palla.  Probably can't grow a beard.
Minerva: Why in God's name would you give the kingdom to Michalis?
Palla: You somehow are outdone by both your younger sisters in Echoes.
Catria: Would be more useful in Shadow Dragon had Caeda not joined about 11 chapters prior. Would be more useful in Mystery of the Emblem if Palla didn't join with better stats bases next chapter.
Est: You ruined Abel's life, and are more trouble than you're worth.
Cain: You're only good because of availability and movement. Probably can't grow a beard
Barst: You have zero defining characteristics beyond being better than Bord or Cord. Probably can't grow a beard.
Jake: Anna's cheating on you in Fates and Awakening dude. Probably can't grow a beard.
Draug: Your name is unimaginative and your growths are horrible for your class. Probably can't grow a beard.
Ogma: You look like a Cloud Strife cosplayer in your DS animations. Probably can't grow a beard.
Navarre: If the swordmaster class was renamed to Edgelord, it'd still be a suitable promotion. Probably can't grow a beard.
Merric: You joined too late in Mystery of the Emblem to be useful. Probably can't grow a beard.
Linde: You joined too late in shadow dragon to be useful.
Wrys: You're honestly just a meme. Probably can't grow a beard.
Wolf: Why is a guy named after a wolf taking orders from a coyote? Also joins too late in New Mystery. Probably can't grow a beard.
Camus: There is nothing funnier than seeing the "most able warrior alive" get one-shotted by a wing-lance crit. Probably can't grow a beard.
Astram: Actually, I only like the fact he inexplicably reminds me of Link. Too dumb to recognize his own love. Persistent and annoying. Probably can't grow a beard.
Gharnef: You should have finished them in the desert. Probably can't grow a beard.
Medeus: You're so weak in FE 1 base level Marth can kill you. Probably can't.... dammit.

Edited by Mad-manakete
added a couple.

Micaiah's relationship with the Dawn Brigade (Nolan, Edward and Leonardo) is pretty weak in comparison to Volug, Rafiel, Nailah and Kurthnaga despite her being with the Dawn Brigade for longer. 

Tauroneo, the guy with a lot of combat experience and armour, spends most of the time being Pelleas' bodyguard while the frail Micaiah goes out on all the dangerous missions. What a sissy. 

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .and I missed one.

Lukas: His starting class does him no favors.  The lack of mobility really sucks in Thabes.

You can always fork him! I've heard he makes an excellent dread fighter (though it's had to do badly in that class). 

Gregor.... ah shit can't think of anything let me try another 

Cormag was dumb to believe Valter of  all people 

Lyn, you have the worst promotion of the three lords. As much as I will always talk you up over Eliwood, you really get more out raising Eliwood over Lyn. Bows? Yeah, and? Oh, you pretty much share the same promotion as the fighter, possibly the worst class in the GBA games. Nice. You probably should've just been a semi-plot important myrmidon instead of trying to wedge into a lord position.

Ike...you're not great in Smash. And I hear you're shit in Codename Steam. Also, why are you holding onto that single sleeve? Just do short sleeves, it's way easier than getting a new sleeve. I just don't agree with any other complaints about you though, so you're getting off easy here.

Black Knight, your plan was kind of dumb. Also, where did all of your knightly honor go when you were threatening to torture Mist and kill Ike? Your double-life was also somewhat unnecessary. You didn't really get anything done as *****. Heroes already spoiled everything about you, which I suppose is it's own complaint, but for whatever reason I hold onto the notion that I shouldn't spoil your identity.

Catria. Why couldn't you just speak up, or get over it? You might've been able to steal Marth away, but if not, Archanea is still full of good dudes. I have nothing to say about your gameplay however. NOTHING.

Ayra, whooooo, Ayra. Not exactly your fault, but nonetheless, you remain unforgiven for your appearance in FE Heroes. Also you have no horse and this game is gigantic. 

Fin, who uhhh, who's Nanna's dad? You also got a mullet. Hard to defend that.

Perceval. How do I complain about you Percy? What do you actually do wrong? You're too perfect, so you're probably a rip-off of some other character. 

La'Rachel. You're definitely not helpful when you join. Thankfully I can grind in this game, so you can usually be justified eventually. Also, quit trying to one-up Innes. Innes is kind of a jerk, don't stoop to his level.

Lucina. To be honest, I'm not totally sure what it is I like about you exactly, but clearly I do, since I have all of your alts in Heroes and bought your Figma. I wish you had your own game.

Kaze. You're in Fates, so your writing is bound to be spotty in some places. You too Charlotte. 

Catria again. Genny, why couldn't you have more interesting supports? I want to complain about "I'm ready to roll", but I actually love it.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Gregor.... ah shit can't think of anything let me try another 

He's basically the Heavy from TF2 in a Fire Emblem game. All he's missing is a minigun and a dedicated healer at his side (although the last one is up to the player).

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

Ike...you're not great in Smash.

I disagree as an Ike main, but that's because he forgoes flashy moves (besides aether) in favor of single, chargeable, and damaging techniques, which can be done with some finesse when you learn to use him. This picture basically summaries why I like using him:

SSB Brawl: Ike

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

I disagree as an Ike main, but that's because he forgoes flashy moves (besides aether) in favor of single, chargeable, and damaging techniques, which can be done with some finesse when you learn to use him. This picture basically summaries why I like using him:

Too bad he sucks offstage and Mario can just either Cape or F.L.U.D.D him. Whenever Ike's offstage, Mario is his worst enemy.

Nah, but i agree, Ike is pretty decent, it's just a lot of his moves leave him open and he's combo fodder and Cape or F.L.U.D.D fodder.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

Too bad he sucks offstage and Mario can just either Cape or F.L.U.D.D him. Whenever Ike's offstage, Mario is his worst enemy.

Nah, but i agree, Ike is pretty decent, it's just a lot of his moves leave him open and he's combo fodder and Cape or F.L.U.D.D fodder.

His side special is a nice recovery move if double jumping+aether doesn't work. You even have a chance to do some damage!

The upside of him being open open is that nearly all of his attacks are chargeable, meaning that a he can really attack at any time, and as I said It can be done with some finesse. His counter helps with combos.

As not to derail this thread, I'll just say that despite being pretty good at smash (I can beat some friends who practice with level nines in a one-on-one fight pretty easily), I play the game purely for fun, and I don't go into as much depth or technicalities as many high-level players do.

Edited by Hawkwing
Fixed grammatical errors.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

His side special is a nice recovery move if double jumping+aether doesn't work. You even have a chance to do some damage!

The upside of him being open open is that nearly all of his attacks are chargeable, meaning that a he can really attack at any time, and as I said, one can use. His counter helps with combos.

As not to derail this thread, I'll just say that despite being pretty good at smash (I can beat some friends who practice with level nines in a one-on-one fight pretty easily), I play the game purely for fun, and I don't go into as much depth or technicalities as many high-level players do.

I forget sometimes that not everyone who plays Smash is a turbo-nerd who plays in tournaments. I clung to Ike's low-tier ass up until I stopped playing Brawl. Smash 4 I just play casually, so I can enjoy clubbing people with Ragnell.

Spoiler warning btw.

Spoiler

Canas, don't be showing your kid the dark arts! Do you want him to be a horcrux or something?

Finn..... Being a noble knight is fine and all, but don't you think that you could have been helping Shannan/Oifey's revolt this whole time? Also raising Leif and Nanna together was a weird and awkward choice. And do you want Lachesis or Brigged?

L'Arachel, why aren't you the main lord? You not pushing the twins of the the spotlight is dumb of you.

Micaiah really is way too fragile (and needs more focus, come on RD!)

Lucia needed her own major moment in the end of Part 2, I would have really enjoyed that. Also her design is incredible (not a mean thing, just true)

Azura's ending is crap.

Ike's ending is also crap.

Story Xander needs major help. Please help him.

Haar..... is there really anything mean to say about Haar? He's a beast.

Nailah doesn't get enough development.

Stefan, as much as I love you, your recruitment is bull.