Say something mean about your favourite character(s)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Lucia needed her own major moment in the end of Part 2, I would have really enjoyed that. Also her design is incredible (not a mean thing, just true)

Lucia did have her major moment at the end of part 2. She may have been a damsel in distress, but she managed to bravely yell "long live Queen of Crimea!".

Spoiler

Lucia:
“People of Crimea… Behold a true queen! YOUR queen! Long live Queen Elincia!”

Marth needs more developed personality; his original game doesn’t reveal much about him.

Keaton needs more personality outside of his quirk of collecting random shit.

Nyx’s clothes don’t make sense.

Xander, your dad’s obviously evil. And get a better retainer who won’t kill everyone.

Alm is kind of a Mary Sue.

Celica’s not good at spotting obviously evil villains either.

Berkut and Rinea should have got a happier ending :(

Genny has awful taste in men. 

No, Gray that’s not how you pick up girls!

Faye needs to get a life outside of Alm.

Robin is a Mary Sue. 

Henry might be a sadist (at least he’s not as creepy about it as Niles)

Brady isn’t attractive.

Laurent’s supports with Noire and Nah are just... nope. Wtf???

Soren is an asshole. 

Ike is a Mary Sue in RD.

• Tharja is a crappy mother.
  • Peri's voice sounds like a bad Harley Quinn impression.
  •  Inigo/Laslow has no sense of loyalty in a relationship, flirting with other girls even married.
  • Norie is a pessimistic, weak willed person.
  • Camilla treating Corrin like her dog is tiring after a while
  • Say'ri is a Robinsexual making her harder to use.
  • Lucia, she's gay for Elincia.
  • Athena, shadowed by much better units in all game she's in.
  • Mathilda, her stupid headpiece thing is distracting.
  • Nailah married a spineless husband.
  • Astrid, Makalov enough said.
  • Larcei is a clone of her mother.
  • Titania's piss colored armor in Radiant Rawn.
  • Saizo is too much of a grump.
  • Orochi gets dominated by ninjas easily. 

Robin's avatar status actively prevents awakening from delving deeper into it's world making it feel more shallow than it should of been

Lissa can come off as incredibly whiny

Outside of being cute Fae isn't that interesting

Caeda's whole appeal as a unit revolves around the wing spear 

Eliwood and Lucina can come off as incredibly dull characters due to their personalities

@Jedi Blasphemy. You simply haven't seen a good Matthew.

Anyways let's see...

• In actuality Lyn isn't all that original aside from simply being america's first Lord/Character.
  • Ephraim is basically just lance Hector/Proto Ike.
  • RD Ike is an amazing combat unit with an epic design, but as a character he's somewhat boring.
  • Everything about Sothe that's associated with Micaiah is irritating.
  • Edward and Mia are fairly shallow characters and even the latter lacks fleshing out to an extent.

Mind is stalling. That's it. 

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Lau said:

Caeda's name is awful pronunciation wise, and should have been pronounced "Kay-duh".

In Europe she's named "Shiida", so that wouldn't work.

30 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

In Europe she's named "Shiida", so that wouldn't work.

They made her Caeda now though after Heroes. Same with Navarre and really just all of Archanea, which is slightly disappointing IMO.

• Oosawa-Sigurd has more personality than his in-game self.
  • Ayra looks like an edgier version of Eirika in Heroes. Maybe too edgy.
  • Elincia is a milksop in FE9 and has awful taste in men. Her Heroes art is horrid and she REALLY looks like she needs to take a pee. Don't get me started on her voice.
  • I wonder how Lucia became Elincia's retainer with those base stats in FE9... About the only good thing about her sucking stat-wise in FE9/10 is that she can't possibly get worse when she eventually gets added to Heroes. Same deal with Bastian.
  • Lucina... Time-travelling doesn't work for a series like FE. Sorry, sweetie, even if you daddy did screw up super bad. Still <3 you in Heroes though.

Kent... most people think you're so bland and forgettable that if anyone even tries to say you're their favourite, others will instantly point to the much livelier Sain and say it should be him. You're never going to get into Heroes v.v

@Cute Chao I feel you on that.

@Cornguy Percival is to some extent just a recruitable Camus if that counts toward being a rip-off of another character. It's not the most definite thing in the wlrld, but like with a lot of FE6 and Marth's games, there's definitely some patterning after there.

Zeke: You really should've been making more of an effort to rescue the love of your life. Also, you were kind of a jerk leaving Nyna hanging there when you briefly showed up again briefly and then bailed, but that's up for debate. You also indirectly ruined Hardin's life and Hardin was the man.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 4/1/2018 at 1:39 PM, Hawkwing said:

Many of Panne's supports can be read as her either not trusting humans yet OR her just being antisocial, but she can be an uncalled for jerk in more than a few conversations. Also, as much as I like the Taguel class for ignoring the weapon triangle, it's not a very good class in the long run, and part of the reason I use it is so I can un-ironically enjoy a bunny warrior tearing things to shreds in a game other than Lugaru. The Taugel themselves needed some backstory that sadly was never given. Also she isn't wearing pants, and I wanted brain bleach when I first realized this.

What the... 

Okay, you've just made me go and stare at both Yarne and Panne for ages... How the frick did I not notice that before? oO 

Yarne's hangs kinda low so I always thought it was a loincloth of some kind ( can it still be a loincloth? I want it to be).

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

What the... 

Okay, you've just made me go and stare at both Yarne and Panne for ages... How the frick did I not notice that before? oO 

Yarne's hangs kinda low so I always thought it was a loincloth of some kind ( can it still be a loincloth? I want it to be).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.036b13e3a5879536b5de743161ffcf26.png

(Admittedly, I just wanted to share this meme. Also, if I was the owner of a shop, I would probably give Panne service as well, because being killed by a shapeshifting bunny is a unique, though unimpressive, way to go).

Yay! Now somebody else has shared my... mental pain, I guess? (What category does wanting brain bleach fall under)?

As for Yarne, it could be a loincloth. Or it could be a longer set of fur that male taugels have to remain modest by covering up their...

...You know what? I don't wanna go there. Or get banned by a mod. After realizing what I've just typed, I'm going to go take a walk now.

Warning that the spoiler is slightly NSFW, but only in the sense that one's imagination fills in the details.

Edited by Hawkwing

5 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.036b13e3a5879536b5de743161ffcf26.png

(Admittedly, I just wanted to share this meme. Also, if I was the owner of a shop, I would probably give Panne service as well, because being killed by a shapeshifting bunny is a unique, though unimpressive, way to go).

Yay! Now somebody else has shared my... mental pain, I guess? (What category does wanting brain bleach fall under)?

As for Yarne, it could be a loincloth. Or it could be a longer set of fur that male taugels have to remain modest by covering up their...

...You know what? I don't wanna go there. Or get banned by a mod. After realizing what I've just typed, I'm going to go take a walk now.

Warning that the spoiler is slightly NSFW, but only in the sense that one's imagination fills in the details.

Say you got any spare brain bleach?

Lets see... Gregor is... ah uhh, shit can't think of anything.

Xander's actions in Fates go completely against his character 

10 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  Hide contents

I'd serve Panne, too. She's awesome :D She's my favourite female Awakening charrie ^.^

Which is why I can't believe I didn't notice sooner. I'm just going to try and forcibly retreat back into the land of those are totally very short shorts... made of the same animal fur as on her head... xD

On 10.4.2018 at 1:45 AM, Azz said:

They made her Caeda now though after Heroes. Same with Navarre and really just all of Archanea, which is slightly disappointing IMO.

Nope, still Shiida and Nabarl in German Warriors. At least that's the way they spell it.
I can't speak for Heroes, though.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Nope, still Shiida and Nabarl in German Warriors. At least that's the way they spell it.
I can't speak for Heroes, though.

I guess it must just be for English versions then.

As for Heroes, it is Caeda and Navarre for the English EU versions also.

22 minutes ago, Azz said:

I guess it must just be for English versions then.

As for Heroes, it is Caeda and Navarre for the English EU versions also.

99% of the time the EU English translation just uses the American one because it saves time and money.

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Except for FE7, for some reason.

Actually, up until Awakening, most FE games had differences between them. Like in RD Kyza was Kysha and Sentinel was Lancer. Also SD used a lot of original romanisations for their names like Shiida and Nabarl and mentioned earlier in the thread. Other example would be Medon instead of Macedon, Doluna instead of Dolhr etc. Really all of them were pointless and I really don't get why they bothered to change them.

Nowi and Nyx are pedobait

Camilla wants to bone me, which I would be fine with if I wasn't her brother in FE canon.

Celica is a moron.

Clair is a b**ch to Gray.

Jesse sucks as a unit.

Robin, Corrin, and to a lesser extent, Alm, are all Mary Sue's.

32 minutes ago, Azz said:

Actually, up until Awakening, most FE games had differences between them. Like in RD Kyza was Kysha and Sentinel was Lancer. Also SD used a lot of original romanisations for their names like Shiida and Nabarl and mentioned earlier in the thread. Other example would be Medon instead of Macedon, Doluna instead of Dolhr etc. Really all of them were pointless and I really don't get why they bothered to change them.

Well, I can understand Medon instead of Macedon, at the very least, since Macedon is just a shortened version of Macedonia, a place that exists in the real world. Come to think of it, a lot of the names of places in Fire Emblem exist or have existed at some point in the real world.

Lycia was the name of a region in southern Turkey (there even was a Lycian League at some point, like in the games) and Thracia was the name of a region in the Balkan that is now part of Bulgaria and Greece, to name a few, Valencia (Valentia) is a city in Spain, Bern is the German way to pronounce the capital of Switzerland, which is probably why the kingdom is called "Biran" in the German version of FE7, and even Grannvale from FE 4 has a real world equivalent: Grandval in Switzerland. Perhaps most famously, there is Crimea, which was a topic of conflict between Russia and the Ukraine up until recently. And I am 100% sure I missed some real world references, but I am too lazy to check, to be honest.
EDIT: Ostia exists, too. It's an ancient harbour town near Rome. Today, it's apparently an archaeological site. 

And here I am, trying to think of names for fantasy kingdoms for my novel while the big guys just take names from real world locations. Why the heck do I even bother?

Doluna just sounds better than Dolhr, in my opinion. With Dolhr, I'm not even sure how to pronounce it half the time, while Doluna is nice and straightforward. 
Addintionally, same as Caeda, Dolhr just looks... pretentious somehow, when you see it spelled out and compare it to the literal romanisation of the name. I don't even know why it makes me feel that way. It just... does.

Edited by DragonFlames