Total: 161~163

Default skills:

Weapon: Expiration
Assist: [none]
Special: Bonfire
Passive A: Dragonskin
Passive B: Cancel Affinity 3
Passive C: Res Smoke 3

WIP: I still need to run numbers with lower merges and without flier/dragon buffs.

Player phase
General use, Arena offense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Res] / [+Spd, -Res]

Flametongue+ [Spd]
Reposition / [flexible assist]
Moonbow
Life and Death 3
Desperation 3 / Dull Ranged 3 / Cancel Affinity 3 / Guard 3
[flexible passive C]
Attack +3 / Speed +3

This build focuses on pushing Robin's player-phase performance to its absolute maximum, killing pretty much anything that isn't equipped with Falchion, Close Counter (Divine) Naga, Berserk Armads, Great Flame, or Wary Fighter. This build heavily relies on flier or dragon buffs to overpower opponents while taking as little damage as possible.

A +Atk or +Spd nature is preferred to maximize her kills, with +Atk landing more kills against bulkier opponents and +Spd landing more kills against faster opponents. This can be stacked with the same or opposite Sacred Seal depending on which match-ups are prioritized.

Flametongue+ [Spd] is the preferred weapon because it has the same player-phase stats as Expiration, but comes with an additional +5 HP and +3 Spd.

Reposition is the most flexible assist skill for a flying unit on a team of fliers, but the slot is flexible depending on the needs of the team.

Moonbow is the preferred special skill due to its low charge time, guaranteeing an activation if Robin can perform a follow-up attack and the opponent can counterattack.

Life and Death 3 maximizes Robin's offensive stats. Her defensive stats are high enough to typically take any counterattack that doesn't deal effective damage and isn't a special skill activation, meaning Swift Sparrow 2 doesn't provide a significant advantage.

Desperation 3 gives Robin greater sustain, allowing her to avoid dying even at low health, but any of the other listed skills can be used to target specific threats if sustain is not necessary.

Attack +3 and Speed +3 are the best offensive Sacred Seals currently available. Similar to the comparison of natures, the two have comparable performance with Attack +3 landing more kills against bulkier opponents and Speed +3 landing more kills against faster opponents.

Other options:

• Hit and Run or Drag Back are options for the passive B slot just like for any other melee flier.
  • Weaponbreaker skills can be used to specifically target certain enemies that are too fast to perform a follow-up attack against normally or have Wary Fighter.

Mixed phase (optimal)
General use, Arena offense, Arena defense

Spoiler

Nature: [+Spd, -Res]

Expiration
Moonbow
Dragonskin / Fury 3 / Life and Death 3
Desperation 3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Dull Ranged 3 / Cancel Affinity 3 / Guard 3
[flexible passive C]
Speed +3 / Quick Riposte 3 / Iote's Shield

[description]

Enemy phase

Spoiler

Nature: [+Def, -Res]

Expiration
Moonbow
Dragonskin
Dull Ranged 3 / Cancel Affinity 3 / Guard 3 / Quick Riposte 3
[flexible passive C]
Quick Riposte 3 / Close Def 3 / Speed +3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This build results in the best survivability without sacrificing her enemy-phase kill count. This build is best used on a team that stacks skills like Ward Fliers, Ward Dragons, or Drive Def.

[nature]

Expiration is more powerful than refined Lightning Breath+, but results in less overall bulk. Lightning Breath+ [Def] is an option, but it sacrifices a non-negligible number of kills for the additional sustain.

Reposition is the most flexible assist skill for a flying unit on a team of fliers, but the slot is flexible depending on the needs of the team.

Moonbow is the preferred special skill due to its short charge time, having a guaranteed activation on the second counterattack if the opponent is not equipped with Guard.

Dragonskin is Robin's preferred passive A skill because it grants both Bracing Stance 2 and Iote's Shield with a single skill slot. It's not quite as strong against a single damage type as Steady Stance 3 would be, but it frees up the Sacred Seal slot for something other than Iote's Shield.

Windsweep / Watersweep (?)

Spoiler

[I guess?]

Budget

Spoiler

Nature: [any]

Expiration
Bonfire / Moonbow
Dragonskin
Cancel Affinity 3
[flexible passive C]
Quick Riposte 3 / Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3 / Speed +3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

Just slot in Reposition and maybe also Moonbow, and she's ready to go. Great if you want to put some Earth Blessings to work on an offensive flier team and just need to get a Robin that is good enough without much investment because her base kit is just that good.

Other options:

• Life and Death 3 and Desperation 3 are both available from 4-star units and can be used for a variant of the mixed-phase build with a less optimal nature.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thoughts on Light Breath+ as a possible alt for the player phase set? (since IIRC its buffs only go into play when initiating and are pretty good so might as well if it's an option though IDK how badly it impacts performance)

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Thoughts on Light Breath+ as a possible alt for the player phase set? (since IIRC its buffs only go into play when initiating and are pretty good so might as well if it's an option though IDK how badly it impacts performance)

My biggest problem with Light Breath+ is that its effect simply doesn't work well at all in general.

A melee-range player-phase unit by default needs to move farther away from its allies to attack, making it difficult to make use of radial after-combat buffs. If your other units haven't moved yet, few of them will likely be in range of receiving the buff, and if your other units have already moved, they can no longer make use of the buff during the same player phase without using up a dancer's turn.

I'd rather suggest Dark Breath+ over Light Breath+ because a radial after-combat debuff is more likely to affect additional targets when used by a player-phase unit. Furthermore, Dark Breath+'s effect isn't rendered ineffective by other field buffs that are likely to be run, like Hone Fliers, etc.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My biggest problem with Light Breath+ is that its effect simply doesn't work well at all in general.

A melee-range player-phase unit by default needs to move farther away from its allies to attack, making it difficult to make use of radial after-combat buffs. If your other units haven't moved yet, few of them will likely be in range of receiving the buff, and if your other units have already moved, they can no longer make use of the buff during the same player phase without using up a dancer's turn.

I'd rather suggest Dark Breath+ over Light Breath+ because a radial after-combat debuff is more likely to affect additional targets when used by a player-phase unit. Furthermore, Dark Breath+'s effect isn't rendered ineffective by other field buffs that are likely to be run, like Hone Fliers, etc.

I feel like keeping allies in range of the buff AoE might be easiest with a flier team (which this Grima conveniently is), especially one that relies on stacking goads/wards and thus has no redundancy due to lacking Hone. BUT, you make a fair point, it's hard to overlook how it's kinda inherently counterintuitive an effect. 

I might build that for the hell of it if I have a spare Fae drop by, and if I'm able to give it a test spin I'll let you know if I find out anything different. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was running some test simulations for my own player phase build I'm working on and I just wanted to throw it out there that it seems like Glimmer would be better on her than Moonbow :o Since all the refined breaths have the whole 'targeting the weaker defense' thing, it kinda stands to reason that she would benefit more from Glimmer than Moonbow, same as Myrrh. 

Also, I'm not sure why she would really want to run Wind/Watersweep :o I'm curious to know your reasoning with that one, it might just be that I don't know what the benefits are, not that there are none/fewer than the others. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

I was running some test simulations for my own player phase build I'm working on and I just wanted to throw it out there that it seems like Glimmer would be better on her than Moonbow :o Since all the refined breaths have the whole 'targeting the weaker defense' thing, it kinda stands to reason that she would benefit more from Glimmer than Moonbow, same as Myrrh. 

it's probably due to how I run my match-ups. For +10 units, the opponents I use are +10 with a +Spd nature and +3/3/3/3 buffs, sometimes also with Fury 3 in the A slot. For +0 units, the opponents I use are the same, but +5 instead of +10. Moonbow ends up giving me better numbers than Glimmer.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Also, I'm not sure why she would really want to run Wind/Watersweep :o I'm curious to know your reasoning with that one, it might just be that I don't know what the benefits are, not that there are none/fewer than the others. 

It would be a refined Dark Breath+ set with Windsweep or Watersweep. I see the setup pretty often on Arena defense teams at the top for both Robin and Corrin.

In Windsweep set in particular appears to exist to screw over armor-heavy teams, and Watersweep deals with both Grimas and Myrrh. Seems to at least be a decent set for Arena Assault.

• 2 months later...

Screenshot_20180621-104229.png

Welp, I finished the build I had in mind (save Ward Dragons, which I'm still holding out for), and... Sad to say, the melee build hasn't proven to be quite as useful as I was hoping (and not just because of the Light Breath thing we discussed previously) x< It's tough to find justification to have her approach compared to other units, and (in my dragon team at least, though I imagine for SCamilla-less flier teams this would also hold true) her ranged-countering utility just seems to be more useful in general. It's too bad because she can really hit some ridiculous offense levels (60/52 with a Hone Dragons/Fliers), but she's yet to prove to be more worth it than Expiration/Dragonskin/Desp. =__=

Maybe I'm just not using her right....??

Edited by BANRYU

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's okay to comment here...

I'm trying to build mine up but she's +Spd -Def. Would these builds work as well with that or would you recommend something different? I'm f2p so my options are kind of limited in terms of rolling for better IVs and such so I'm trying to work with what I have.

4 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I hope it's okay to comment here...

I'm trying to build mine up but she's +Spd -Def. Would these builds work as well with that or would you recommend something different? I'm f2p so my options are kind of limited in terms of rolling for better IVs and such so I'm trying to work with what I have.

short answer: yeah, probably would work for any builds that rely on speed. 

Longer answers (or any at all, for future reference) would be better sought here or here

Edited by BANRYU

• 7 months later...

Sorry if this counts as a necropost, but with Aether Raids came a new type of meta: the Omega Tank. Usually these are colorless, and Grima seems to be one of the best options thanks to being able to flying, being colorless, and having Dragonskin. I think this would suffice to be a good enough set.

Weapon: Lightning Breath+ (Def or Res)

Assist: (Any)

A: Dragonskin

B: Mystic Boost 3 (To decrease damage from Staff users and allow for regeneration)

C: Res Smoke 3

Seal: Darting Stance 3 or Fierce Stance 3

On 2/27/2019 at 7:45 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Sorry if this counts as a necropost, but with Aether Raids came a new type of meta: the Omega Tank. Usually these are colorless, and Grima seems to be one of the best options thanks to being able to flying, being colorless, and having Dragonskin. I think this would suffice to be a good enough set.

Weapon: Lightning Breath+ (Def or Res)

Assist: (Any)

A: Dragonskin

B: Mystic Boost 3 (To decrease damage from Staff users and allow for regeneration)

C: Res Smoke 3

Seal: Darting Stance 3 or Fierce Stance 3

Necroposts do not exist on the Analysis sub-forum.

I feel like 38/29 or 34/33 defenses with no weapon triangle advantage is rather lackluster for a sustain build (considering you often need to tank through 4 or 5 rounds of combat on a single turn in Aether Raids), especially one that isn't running Close/Distant Def and sacrificed 4 Atk and 1 Special cooldown for 4 Def or Res.

You can make it work, but I'd change the build to be

Expiration
[flexible Assist]
Noontime / Aether / Moonbow / Bonfire
Dragonskin
Mystic Boost 3
Atk Smoke 3
Distant Def 3

and rely on teammates for as many buffs as you can possibly get (preferably something like double Supportive Corrin and as many stacks of Ward Fliers as you can find).

Noontime or Aether give her additional sustain on top of Mystic Boost's healing whereas Moonbow or Bonfire gives her more damage output. Atk Smoke is a better option than Res Smoke for tanking. Distant Def is somewhat more valuable than Close Def since most maps with overlapping threat ranges use more ranged units than melee units.

On the subject of Aether Raid tanks, though, I find that green units tend to be better than colorless for the job. In particular, the biggest ranged threats are typically Reinhardt, Ophelia, and colorless units (Veronica, Brave Lyn, Eir, and Sothe) with green and red ranged units being either less threatening or less common.