Desired New Heroes and New Hero Banners Discussion

I really need a Laguz royals banner + Ranulf. Maybe he could be a TT reward. 

After that I need the rest of the Awakening kids and Gregor, though the latter should probably join with Maribelle and Sumia. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

Going all-out on Tellius is fun to see - they're some of my favorites, too, and they have SO MANY CHARACTERS so it would be great to see Heroes acknowledge that and just have a Tellius explosion for a few months sometime. I'd be down for that.

Going purely off PCs Tellius has 73 playable characters including Largo and excluding the BK. Add NPCs and enemies, like Dheg, Ludveck, Valtome, Lekain, Hetzel, Izuka, Ashnard, Jarod, Bryce, Petrine, Bertram, Shiharam, Levail, Ashera, Yune, Ashunera, Greil, and Elena and add in the BK and Zelgius whom we already have, and we have ~90 characters to work with. Archanea has a comparable number (81 PCs between SD and NM, but fewer NPCs and villains). Fates has ~69 PCs, with perhaps 10 viable villains/NPCs. Awakening has 51 PCs (counting Robin and Morgan sexes separately), and perhaps... 5 NPC/Villains (the Spotpass Paralogues convert most to PC status)?

Of the 73 PCs of Tellius, 17 are non-Dragon or Heron Laguz.

Spoiler
  1. Lethe
  2. Mordecai
  3. Muarim
  4. Ranulf
  5. Lyre
  6. Kyza
  7. Nailah
  8. Volug
  9. Janaff
  10. Ulki
  11. Nealuchi
  12. Vika
  13. Caineghis
  14. Giffca
  15. Skrimir
  16. Tibarn
  17. Naesala

Which if a hypothetical Strike was Quad-Color like Breath is now, gives us 4 characters Strike Color. We could add Panne, Yarne, Keaton, Kaden, Velouria, Selkie for another 6 Strike units. So 23 Strikers total, or 6 per Color. They could add the White Lion of lore Soane for a 24th. And they could have a fanfict-worthy Stefan able to somehow in desperate circumstances go Lion (and Soren would be able to go Black Dragon, while Zelgius goes Tiger).

Man, there's lots of characters I wanna see. Hardly any of my favorites have been added to the game. I dunno how they could all be incorporated, but here are some ideas:

Lyndis's Legion (FE 7): Kent (Sword Calvary), Sain (Lance Calvary), Wil (Bow Infantry)

Knights of Pherae (FE 7): Isadora (Lance Calvary), Harken (Sword Infantry), Lowen (Sword Calvary)

Traitors of Grado (FE 8): Natasha (Staff Infantry), Cormag (Lance Wyvern Flyer), Knoll (Red Mage Infantry)

Greil Mercenaries (FE 9/10): Shinon (Bow Infantry), Gatrie (Lance Armor), Rhys (Staff Infantry)

Crimean Citizens (FE 9/10): Brom (Axe Armor), Heather (Dagger Infantry), Devdan/Danved (Lance Infantry)

Searching Lovers (FE 9/10): Meg (Sword Armor), Zihark (Sword Infantry), Ilyana (Blue Mage Infantry)

Dawn Brigade (FE 10): Edward (Sword Infantry), Nolan (Axe Infantry), Leonardo (Bow Infantry)

Faithful Companions (Fates): Kaze (Dagger Infantry), Silas (Lance Calvary), Mozu (Lance Infantry)

Wandering Mages (various): Canas (FE 7, Red Mage Infantry), Etzel (FE 11/12, Red Mage Infantry), Hugh (FE 6, Red Mage Infantry)

Deserters (various): Heath (FE 7, Lance Wyvern Flyer), Legault (FE 7, Dagger Infantry), Duessel (FE 8, Axe Calvary)

Advisers (various): Oifey (FE 4, Sword Calvary), Marcus (FE 6/7, Lance Calvary), Mycen (Echoes, Lance Calvary)

Elder Sisters (various): Elice (FE 11/12, Staff Infantry), Fiora (FE 7, Lance Pegasus Flyer), Juno (FE 6, Sword Pegasus Flyer)

Elder Brothers (various): Conrad (Echoes, Lance Calvary), Makalov (FE 9/10, Sword Calvary), Matthis (FE 11/12, Lance Calvary)

Middle Siblings (various): Boyd (FE 9/10, Axe Infantry), Farina (FE 7, Lance Pegasus Flyer), Thea (FE 6, Lance Pegasus Flyer)

There are a ton of other characters I want, of course. Wolt, Lugh, Perceval, Nils, Rath, Pent, Gregor, Sumia, Kliff, and more, but I'm out of banner ideas.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, Tybrosion said:

TT Reward: Brom (Axe Armored) to appease Fire Emblem Fan

Pfft, I wanna summon tons of Broms and make a +10 MONSTER!

10 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm not the only one. (tears of joy)

I do think that Canas, Pent, and Louise have a fairly good chance of getting into the game at least within this year. 

Gosh I hope so! I love those three. I was thinking Pent and Louise could work well in a banner with Erk, but Canas works with that group as well (maybe one of them could be a TT reward?)

55 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

Gosh I hope so! I love those three. I was thinking Pent and Louise could work well in a banner with Erk, but Canas works with that group as well (maybe one of them could be a TT reward?)

I too vouch for the PLC trio. Canas I think would make the better TT reward since he isn't a graceful woman or her handsome husband and hence less likely for someone to pull for. But that might deny him a unique Dark tome, given TT units as freebies that aren't too strong to encourage more summoning, which some may want. I mean Luna isn't actually magically locked to Canas in FE7, he just happens to be the only Dark user you get prior to Athos in the final battle. Still, given this game is willing to play to memes and things like that, there might be some awareness of all the talk of Canas as being good because he has Luna (which I find overrated, but that is besides the point). I don't want too many personal weapons added, but it could be an option for him, or more likely Gespenst, which they are free to invent any effect they want to give it since it lacks any in FE7. I'd be disappointed if Gespenst did anything other than summon a punch-kick-blaster-ripper mecha though.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Man, there's lots of characters I wanna see. Hardly any of my favorites have been added to the game. I dunno how they could all be incorporated, but here are some ideas:

Lyndis's Legion (FE 7): Kent (Sword Calvary), Sain (Lance Calvary), Wil (Bow Infantry)

Knights of Pherae (FE 7): Isadora (Lance Calvary), Harken (Sword Infantry), Lowen (Sword Calvary)

Traitors of Grado (FE 8): Natasha (Staff Infantry), Cormag (Lance Wyvern Flyer), Knoll (Red Mage Infantry)

Greil Mercenaries (FE 9/10): Shinon (Bow Infantry), Gatrie (Lance Armor), Rhys (Staff Infantry)

Crimean Citizens (FE 9/10): Brom (Axe Armor), Heather (Dagger Infantry), Devdan/Danved (Lance Infantry)

Searching Lovers (FE 9/10): Meg (Sword Armor), Zihark (Sword Infantry), Ilyana (Blue Mage Infantry)

Dawn Brigade (FE 10): Edward (Sword Infantry), Nolan (Axe Infantry), Leonardo (Bow Infantry)

Faithful Companions (Fates): Kaze (Dagger Infantry), Silas (Lance Calvary), Mozu (Lance Infantry)

Wandering Mages (various): Canas (FE 7, Red Mage Infantry), Etzel (FE 11/12, Red Mage Infantry), Hugh (FE 6, Red Mage Infantry)

Deserters (various): Heath (FE 7, Lance Wyvern Flyer), Legault (FE 7, Dagger Infantry), Duessel (FE 8, Axe Calvary)

Advisers (various): Oifey (FE 4, Sword Calvary), Marcus (FE 6/7, Lance Calvary), Mycen (Echoes, Lance Calvary)

Elder Sisters (various): Elice (FE 11/12, Staff Infantry), Fiora (FE 7, Lance Pegasus Flyer), Juno (FE 6, Sword Pegasus Flyer)

Elder Brothers (various): Conrad (Echoes, Lance Calvary), Makalov (FE 9/10, Sword Calvary), Matthis (FE 11/12, Lance Calvary)

Middle Siblings (various): Boyd (FE 9/10, Axe Infantry), Farina (FE 7, Lance Pegasus Flyer), Thea (FE 6, Lance Pegasus Flyer)

There are a ton of other characters I want, of course. Wolt, Lugh, Perceval, Nils, Rath, Pent, Gregor, Sumia, Kliff, and more, but I'm out of banner ideas.

Pfft, I wanna summon tons of Broms and make a +10 MONSTER!

Interesting to see people talking about Brom as an axe character. Can he use axes in the Tellius games? I know in Path of Radiance he only gets swords and lances, but I'm not very familiar with Radiant Dawn. I wouldn't mind seeing him use an axe though, just curious if that comes from his games or is just fan desire. 

I love those sibling banner ideas. I definitely want Fiora and Farina in Heroes to round out the FE 7 pegasus sisters, and Conrad would be such a great addition (so would lots of Shadows of Valentia characters, I'm surprised they only really did one banner for them and then stopped). 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I too vouch for the PLC trio. Canas I think would make the better TT reward since he isn't a graceful woman or her handsome husband and hence less likely for someone to pull for. But that might deny him a unique Dark tome, given TT units as freebies that aren't too strong to encourage more summoning, which some may want. I mean Luna isn't actually magically locked to Canas in FE7, he just happens to be the only Dark user you get prior to Athos in the final battle. Still, given this game is willing to play to memes and things like that, there might be some awareness of all the talk of Canas as being good because he has Luna (which I find overrated, but that is besides the point). I don't want too many personal weapons added, but it could be an option for him, or more likely Gespenst, which they are free to invent any effect they want to give it since it lacks any in FE7. I'd be disappointed if Gespenst did anything other than summon a punch-kick-blaster-ripper mecha though.

Good points about Canas (and if you have both Pent and Louise, they really should be in the banner together - don't separate them and make one of them a TT reward!). TT freebies tend to be weaker, though they have their moments and abilities (I've gotten tons of use out of my LA Eliwood), I really wish they wouldn't hold back so much with them, as GHB units tend to be quite strong, especially recently, and those could also be considered "free" units (same with Fjorm). But there's also the possibility of investment and skill inheritance (though no real chances of merges, which is sad) to buff them up. Heck, Canas is great, I just want to see him in Heroes. I don't know much about the FE 7 meta, since despite playing through it dozens of times, I really just choose characters to use based on who I like, Supports I want to build up, or just funky themes and personal challenges. So my character wants for Heroes mainly revolve around who I like as characters, more than the meta or their strengths/weaknesses (I also support your feelings about Gespenst's effect in Heroes, that's really the only way to go if we're being honest)

I can’t prticularly think of full themes but I’m dying for 2 mixed banners.

Mercenaries with Gerik and Diecke as well as a Wyvern Rider banner wit Heath and Cormag. They were all some of my most dependable units in their respective games. Would also love Nailah because Nailah.

I mostly think of individual characters, but I got a theme or two:

1-Gotoh characters: The man himself, Athos, Flavia, and Nagi

2-Lore characters: At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if a lore character or two would be included one day. My picks would be: Naga, Altina, maybe one of the twelve crusaders, and one of the heroes of Elibe

3-Development gag characters: this game deals with alternate versions of characters, and we've already seen one of such in Gleipnir Eirika, so we may get more. I can only think of Amelia being a princess of Frelia, and Tana being a general, but my knowledge of beta elements is limited

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

3-Development gag characters: this game deals with alternate versions of characters, and we've already seen one of such in Gleipnir Eirika, so we may get more. I can only think of Amelia being a princess of Frelia, and Tana being a general, but my knowledge of beta elements is limited

I'm pretty sure that the BHB with amelia and tana was a nod to that already, I don't even know if tana even existed during that time of development though.

now I think if we ever get a seasonal amelia, she will be a flier.

2 hours ago, RuleOfRose said:

She doesn't really exist, but her design was made for L'Arachel initially.

Yeah. Her head and L'arachel's clothing

12 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'm pretty sure that the BHB with amelia and tana was a nod to that already, I don't even know if tana even existed during that time of development though.

now I think if we ever get a seasonal amelia, she will be a flier.

It was, but IS has shown actual development gag characters is not beyond their boundaries, so they could step-up their game with making said playable versions of them. Or Amelia at least, however, she could be a flying archer using Nidhogg instead, as I feel using Vidofnir would make her too similar to Tana (or not, as Zelgius and Black Knight aren't exactly the same gameplay-wise, despite being the same character). Princess Amelia with Vidofnir could be a legendary wind hero as well, as "winged lance" makes a small nod to wind.

Still, IS is getting increasingly more unexpected with the kind of characters being playable. At this point, I think is only a matter of time before getting FE characters cosplaying as other Nintendo IPs, if not those characters themselves 

Defenders of Archanea

• Good Boy Hardin as a lance cavalier with Gradivus
  • Astram as an Infantry Sword with Mercurius, which gives a +5 boost to a stat and Sword Valor 3
  • Wolf as a bow cavalier
  • Xane as a TT reward with Imitate.

Remaining Shadows

• Kliff as a blue mage infantry with Sagittae, which is just a Firesweep tome
  • Tatiana as a staff infantry
  • Valbar as a lance armor
  • Kamui as a sword infantry
  • Duma as a GHB Red Dragon Infantry

Inheritors of Legend

• Ced as a Green Tome infantry with Forseti
  • Febail as a Bow Infantry with Yewfelle
  • Ares as a Sword Cavalier with Mystletainn
  • Ishtar as a GHB Blue Tome infantry with Mjolnir

Mercenaries

• Boyd as an infantry axe
  • Rolf as an infantry bow with Rolf's Bow
  • Rhys as an infantry staff
  • Gaitre as a TT reward
  • Shinon as a GHB with the Double Bow

Here are your Beast Units are you happy now?

• Kurthnaga as a colorless dragon (identical to a regular manakete gameplay wise)
  • Tibarn as a colorless physical flier weak to bows and such
  • Caineghis as a colorless physical infantry weak to horse-slaying weapons
  • Ranulf as a TT reward as a colorless infantry weak to horse-slaying weapons

1 hour ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

• Kurthnaga as a colorless dragon (identical to a regular manakete gameplay wise)

I kind of hope that when if they do add beast units they give the banner a really passive aggressive name, just noting how much IS hates beast units.

I also feel like we would get mordecai or lethe before Caineghis.

6 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

Remaining Shadows

• Kliff as a blue mage infantry with Sagittae, which is just a Firesweep tome
  • Tatiana as a staff infantry
  • Valbar as a lance armor
  • Kamui as a sword infantry
  • Duma as a GHB Red Dragon Infantry

Love the "Remaining Shadows" title, that's a funny one. It would be very nice to get Kliff and Valbar, the others would be a neat addition. How they would include Duma as a playable character would be fascinating to see.

LOL at the Beast Unit banner title, though not laughing so much at them all being colorless. That would instantly keep me away from the banner, and I'd love to get some Laguz (though maybe them all being colorless was an extension of the joke in the title?)

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Here's another idea! Another 6-character FE 7 banner, just like the previous one but instead of getting Ninian, Rebecca, Priscilla, Lucius, Jaffar, and Karel, we get Nils, Wil, Erk, Canas, Legault, and Karla.

I'm sold! Karla's one of my most desired characters in Heroes, so it would be great to see her show up soon! Erk, Canas, and Nils are also high on my list (would love to see Nils turn into a dragon)

Actually, something that I think could actually work for the Laguz if the developers are willing to get creative would be:

Laguz royals (3 3-character 5-star banners)

• Caineghis (green strike infantry/armor)
  • Skrimir (green strike infantry/armor)
  • Nailah (green strike infantry/cavalry)
  • Tibarn (blue strike flier)
  • Naesala (blue strike flier)
  • Kurthnaga (red strike infantry/flier)
  • Reyson (colorless strike flier)
  • Leanne (colorless strike flier)
  • Rafiel (colorless strike infantry)

Have some more Laguz (12-character 4-star banner, half added as 3-to-4-star and the other half as 4-to-5-star)

• Ranulf (green strike infantry/cavalry)
  • Mordecai (green strike infantry)
  • Lethe (green strike infantry/cavalry)
  • Kyza (green strike infantry)
  • Lyre (green strike infantry/cavalry)
  • Volug (green strike infantry/cavalry)
  • Janaff (blue strike flier)
  • Ulki (blue strike flier)
  • Nealuchi (blue strike flier)
  • Ena (red strike infantry)
  • Nasir (red strike infantry)
  • Gareth (red strike infantry)

Tormod's Army... thing (3-character 5-star banner)

• Tormod (red tome infantry)
  • Muarim (green strike infantry)
  • Vika (blue strike flier)

Grand Hero Battle: Dheginhansea (red strike armor)
Grand Hero Battle: Sephiran (blue tome infantry)

Tempest Trials Reward: Giffca (green strike infantry/armor)
Tempest Trials Reward: Nealuchi (blue strike flier)

I think that covers all the playable Laguz units.

The herons could have daggers instead of 'strike' to reflect the only manner by which they could attack in the Tellius games, using cards. 

Is is really better to seperate them in colours based on the tribes (beast/bird/dragon) considering there are three kinds for each as well (+wolves)?  I feel you'd be then kind of stuck putting the taguels/werewolves/kitsunes along with the beasts and that will just crowd one colour. Ravens could be green, for instance, and reflect Naesala's ability to use wind magic. Dragons already exist in three colours and I just don't see Nasir as a red unit.

What about:

Cats & Wolves: Red
Tigers: Blue
Lions: Green

Hawks: Blue
Ravens: Green
Herons: Colourless

Red Dragons: Red
White Dragons: Blue
Black Dragons: Green

Taguels: Blue
Kitsunes: Red
Werewolves: Green

Edited by Vince777

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The herons could have daggers instead of 'strike' to reflect the only manner by which they could attack in the Tellius games, using cards. 

Is is really better to seperate them in colours based on the tribes (beast/bird/dragon) considering there are three kinds for each as well (+wolves)?  I feel you'd be then kind of stuck putting the taguels/werewolves/kitsunes along with the beasts and that will just crowd one colour. Ravens could be green, for instance, and reflect Naesala's ability to use wind magic. Dragons already exist in three colours and I just don't see Nasir as a red unit.

Yeah I'm not entirely on board with colors based on tribes either, for several reasons. 1) It crowds green once you add taguels and kitsunes, 2) We already have manaketes, and they aren't tied to a single color (that's good), and 3) The dragons in Tellius come in different types, so it would be very odd to have them all the same color. 

Sometimes it may come down to arbitrary choice for color (lots of the beasts could honestly be any color), but Naesala's ability to use Wind magic makes him a shoe-in for green, and I see the dragons split up by breath type (Nasir is blue, Ena is red, etc.).

But if they did those laguz-only banners listed above, to get them all in, THAT WOULD BE SO TIGHT. Especially if they changed the colors around, but getting the laguz into Heroes in bulk like that would be very exciting.

18 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Colorless strike weapons would be offensive Galdrar skills. They'd work similarly to staff weapons, but have 1 range.

Is is really better to seperate them in colours based on the tribes (beast/bird/dragon)

Yes.

1. It references the canonical magic weaknesses of the Laguz units with beast Laguz weak to fire, bird Laguz weak to wind, and dragon Laguz weak to thunder.
  2. It makes weapon inheritance and passive skill inheritance incredibly easy to implement because red strike would be breath weapons, blue strike would be talon and beak weapons, green strike would be claw and fang weapons, and colorless would be Galldrar weapons.

and I just don't see Nasir as a red unit.

Chrom is red because he wields a sword. Chrom is not blue because his hair is blue and he wears blue clothes.

9 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

It crowds green once you add taguels and kitsunes,

Green is currently the least crowded color in the game. Adding more green strike units and fewer red strike units actually serves to better balance the color distribution.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Seems like there will be some ornery responses no matter how they integrate the Laguz.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Chrom is red because he wields a sword. Chrom is not blue because his hair is blue and he wears blue clothes.

And Myrrh breathes fire by default in FEH and is the only thing she can breathe in SS, but is Green. Why? 

Myrrh is argument against what you just said, while also being an argument for Nasir as Red, since they divorced the normally associated element from its matching color with her. Nasir could be Red and still have White (clearly light-based, which should mean Blue) Breath.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Reyson (colorless strike flier)
  • Leanne (colorless strike flier)
  • Rafiel (colorless strike infantry)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Colorless strike weapons would be offensive Galdrar skills. They'd work similarly to staff weapons, but have 1 range.

But wouldn't, if Strikes could be inherited across colors like Breaths, it be possible to arm Rafiel with lion fangs? And the Galdrars would have to be physical damage by the same token. Remember how Reyson punched Oliver, and despite him being 90% squishy lipids, ended up breaking every bone in his fist? 

Unless IS specifically prevented cross-color Strike inheritance and made Colorless Strikes count as magical, which in theory they could do, we just don't know if they would. They could by a similar token make Rafiel physically tankier than the tankiest thing presently around.

If they made Strikes only inheritable within a color, well there wouldn't be that much weapon variety I'd think, not that it necessarily need to be. And they could always add Seasonal Strike units, like Black Cat Sonya.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer