Desired New Heroes and New Hero Banners Discussion

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Myrrh breathes fire by default in FEH and is the only thing she can breathe in SS, but is Green. Why? 

Myrrh is argument against what you just said, while also being an argument for Nasir as Red, since they divorced the normally associated element from its matching color with her. Nasir could be Red and still have White (clearly light-based, which should mean Blue) Breath.

Because the color of dragons has nothing to do with the type of breath they use, but the type of dragon they are. As best as I can tell, the categories are roughly

• Tiki is red.
  • "Exalted" dragons are green.
  • Legendary Robin gets to be colorless to be different and special.
  • Everything else is dumped into blue.

But wouldn't, if Strikes could be inherited across colors like Breaths,

Which is why they won't be inheritable across colors, obviously.

That's like literally the exact reason why I made all breath strikes red, all beak and talon strikes blue, all fang and claw strikes green, and all Galdrar strikes colorless. It wouldn't be too weird for a lion to equip a claw or a cat to equip a fang, but a tiger should clearly not have a beak or breath weapon.

and made Colorless Strikes count as magical

Which is not a requirement at all. Radiant Dawn's magic swords all dealt physical damage. Judge had both physical and magic versions that used the same animation. I would not find it weird at all if they made colorless strike physical.

Heck, Pokémon has the attack Psyshock which is a special attack that targets the opponent's physical defense. A magic attack that inflicts physical trauma could make total sense as targeting Def, and attacks that target the mind can be argued either way in Fire Emblem. Hell, you can even be creative and assign each specific weapon to target a specific defensive stat (even things like Atk or Spd could be used as the defensive stat).

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think handling strikes in about the same way they handled dragons would be fine, just use a more generic strike term which is inheritable across all users, then for more unique strikes you can use something less generic(great fang, great talon, etc.), to force a bunch of weapons into a single summoning pool overcomplicates how weapons will be distributed for that pool, if we assume that IS will do what they have always done and trickle more beast units down the line rather than flood the pool with them then we are left with a painfully hard to use units from the start with minimal general use, I feel like it would be easier to add the dragons to the regular dragon pool rather than create a new classification which over complicates how they are used(does nasir get fortify dragons or not, does falchion effect dragon laguz), then make strikes the same as breaths for inheritance, I doubt that they can add so many beast units to the point that they can have a good fodder pool for more alternative strikes even within the first month of adding beast units.

I guess that regardless of anything beast units have a stupid time being added, a complete overhaul of some systems may even be necessary, that is an update that I would appreciate though, if IS was smart they would have added them initially, but nope they just had to hold off tellius, the only game with remotely profitable beast units to they point that now that everyone is wondering there they are, they must now add a new bunch of new unit types, the worst part is that it may take them years to add them in general, which also means no Wolveskin, Kitsune, or even taguel(yuck, maybe beast units are a bad idea).

and ever since halloween IS has shown just how racist they are, after sakura was running around appropriating beast tribe culture in such a way, combined with their reluctance to employ any laguz, just look at the company portrait it is a sea of beorc (though more like humans if you ask me), not a single laguz employee, not even one of the dragon tribe and they look closer to beorc than any other, no this is just plain racism.

Honestly, more sacred stones. Selena and duessel for sure. I would LOVE neimi and colm (i always liked their relationship dynamic) I was thinking Tethys but she has no weapon. We ALL need daddy moulder though.

Edited by Masquerade

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the only game with remotely profitable beast units to they point that now that everyone is wondering there they are

Fates scored higher than any other game in CYL and the first four characters from that game that received the most votes in CY2, that were not already in the game are the 4 beast units. All of them, and Panne, scored better than Tibarn, the highest rated laguz.

So it's not just Tellius shapeshifters that would be profitable.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

1. It references the canonical magic weaknesses of the Laguz units with beast Laguz weak to fire, bird Laguz weak to wind, and dragon Laguz weak to thunder.
  2. It makes weapon inheritance and passive skill inheritance incredibly easy to implement because red strike would be breath weapons, blue strike would be talon and beak weapons, green strike would be claw and fang weapons, and colorless would be Galldrar weapons.

Ohhhhhhh okay, I get where you're coming from now, and I really like it! The inheritance point is incredibly solid, and pulling from the lore is SUCH a great way to influence gameplay. You thought this out a lot more than I did :)

Here are two I’d like to see

The Dawn Brigade: Edward (Sword), Nolan (Axe), Leonardo (Bow)

Siblings Reunited: Kaze (Dagger), Boyd (Axe), Conrad (Lance), Rolf (Bow, TT reward), Flora (Dagger, GHB) 

Assuming a trend of 3 banner units (one "star", one "co-star", and one "demotion"), 1 related TT/GHB unit, and 1 Legendary Hero per game/theme, so far we've had:  

FE10 (Radiant Dawn)

Banner: Micaiah ("star"), Zelgius ("co-star"), Sothe ("demotion")

GHB: Oliver

LH: Vanguard Ike

FE8 (Sacred Stones)

Banner: ("Lyon route") Eirika alt ("star"), Myrrh ("co-star"), L'Arachel ("demotion")

GHB: Lyon

LH: promoted Ephraim

FE13 (Awakening)

Banners:

- (Grima) M!Robin alt, Hardin, possessed Celica alt

- Exalt Chrom alt ("star"), F!Morgan ("co-star"), M!Morgan ("demotion")

TT: Gerome

LH: (Grima) F!Robin alt

I should also note that the first banner for FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) fits this pattern, if imperfectly:

Banner: Sigurd ("star"), Deirdre (the only "co-star" listed here with a 4/6 base kit), Tailtiu ("demotion")

TT: Arden

"LH": Ayra (isn't a part of the elemental blessing system)

The other two post-CYL banners, Farfetched Heroes and Children of Fate, either lack a dedicated GHB/TT, or lack the addition of the minimum "fifth" character who has at least 1 nonweapon uninheritable skill, a base kit that uses 5 out of the 6 slots, and is put on a banner separate from the main new character banner.

Predictions are that Thracia is going to continue this trend. If so, then my wish/predictions are:

FE5 (Thracia 776)

Banner: Leif ("star"), Nanna ("co-star"), Finn ("demotion")

TT: Eyvel; or else GHB: Ishtar (even though her presence in FE5 is very minimal, I write this latter guess only because of that figurine silhouette)

LH: Ced (evidence suggests the next one will be green, but nothing says it has to be Thracian)

After Thracia, some other banners I'd like to see... excluding laguz/beastshifters, because we still don't know when or how IS plans to implement them:

FE6 (The Binding Blade)

Banner: Guinivere ("star"), Rutger ("co-star"), Lugh ("demotion")

GHB: Jahn. Or Idunn. M!Robin already took the title of "first male dragonstone unit", but I'd still like to see more of them. And the only f2p dragonstone unit we've ever gotten was that F!Corrin months ago, and that was for Android users only, anyway.

LH: The realistic answer here would be a Hector alt. Still, part of me wishes they could give the attention to someone else. Like FE6 Karel. Or even Elphin.

After FE6 finally gets its own dedicated banner, though, every game in the franchise will have had a turn. At that point, I really hope we finally get some FE16 news... because otherwise, we're probably looking at a whole crapton of alt banners. Not the worst thing that could happen, for sure; but boring.

Edited by domilea
prematurely hit submit by accident

Anyone else feel...meh about beast units?  I'm not particularly impressed by their design, and in each game their main contribution to the game is "this one-dimensional villain emperor is trying to kill us all because waaacism", which is kind of lame.  Then again, maybe I shouldn't be playing expect much from a game made for teenagers.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Anyone else feel...meh about beast units?  I'm not particularly impressed by their design, and in each game their main contribution to the game is "this one-dimensional villain emperor is trying to kill us all because waaacism", which is kind of lame.  Then again, maybe I shouldn't be playing expect much from a game made for teenagers.

Well it is a little more complicated than that.

Racial strife got so out of hand a goddess split herself in two and flooded the world because she was so frustrated by it.

Then to make the goddess whole again, four people promise racism won't ever get out of hand again. Otherwise half the goddess will nuke the world.

Then they invent racism against mixed race children to avoid worsening racism by the first two races against each other.

Then the continent splits from 2 countries to 7, mostly over racism.

And then a political with racist undertones murder accompanied by a racial annihilation drives someone to want the goddess to nuke the world because racism is hopelessly impossible to get rid of.

Tellius- solving racism is possible... but who are we kidding? Expect it to take hundreds of years and plenty of awful stuff along the way.

Not to say it was handled perfectly, it wasn't.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well it is a little more complicated than that.

Racial strife got so out of hand a goddess split herself in two and flooded the world because she was so frustrated by it.

Then to make the goddess whole again, four people promise racism won't ever get out of hand again. Otherwise half the goddess will nuke the world.

Then they invent racism against mixed race children to avoid worsening racism by the first two races against each other.

Then the continent splits from 2 countries to 7, mostly over racism.

And then a political with racist undertones murder accompanied by a racial annihilation drives someone to want the goddess to nuke the world because racism is hopelessly impossible to get rid of.

Tellius- solving racism is possible... but who are we kidding? Expect it to take hundreds of years and plenty of awful stuff along the way.

Not to say it was handled perfectly, it wasn't.

Hmm, I don't rly remember all of that...it has been a while since I last played PoR.  I remember Jill hating laguz, and Lethe h8ing beorc, but that's about it.

I wonder if it all started because Greil posted crime statistics on the Tellius Twitter page.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I think most of it is because they're the last unit type that isn't yet implemented along with the fact that there are more of them in the series than there are non-Laguz dragons. Imagine if the game didn't have any bow cavalry tome units or characters from Thracia.

20 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Hmm, I don't rly remember all of that...it has been a while since I last played PoR.  I remember Jill hating laguz, and Lethe h8ing beorc, but that's about it.

Tellius's history is covered mostly in Radiant Dawn's final chapter in Sephiran's and Dheginhansea's backstories.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think most of it is because they're the last unit type that isn't yet implemented along with the fact that there are more of them in the series than there are non-Laguz dragons. Imagine if the game didn't have any bow cavalry tome units or characters from Thracia.

Counting time, fun!

Number of non-Laguz PC dragons:

Spoiler
  1. Bantu
  2. Child Tiki
  3. Fae
  4. Ninian- in story but not gameplay, and for FEH makes most sense as a Breath, unlike Xane or Gotoh who have other things
  5. Nils- see his sister
  6. Myrrh
  7. Nagi
  8. Nowi
  9. Adult Tiki
  10. Nah
  11. Corrin Male
  12. Corrin Female
  13. Kana Male
  14. Kana Female

You are correct. I counted 17 non-Dragon and Heron Laguz earlier in this topic. Awakening and Fates makes it 23 Strikers, nearly 10 more. However, if we add NPC/Villain Dragons

1. Possessed Tiki
  2. Earth Dragon Medeus
  3. Shadow Dragon Medeus
  4. Naga
  5. Jahn Yuan 
  6. Possessed Tiki 2.0- Idunno her name.
  7. Morva-tifying
  8. Gimle Guy
  9. Gimle Girl
  10. Adam's apocryphal first wife and a demon of the night- Lilith. Not that she looks like it.
  11. Anankos
  12. Mamma Mila! Here I go again! My, my, I can't ever let you go! (But you should because she is degenerating.)
  13. The Russian Parliament

And could they do something with two "fallen" Morgans? And Dragon Laguz could go the Breath way. 

As for the highlighted part, we need characters who are actually bow cavs in their base games. I don't care who, just someone.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Dragon Laguz could go the Breath way. 

I would assume dragon Laguz would be given a strike weapon instead of a breath weapon for the previously stated lore reasons.

If you do add dragon and heron Laguz to the list, you'd get 32 strike users (adding Ena, Nasir, Gareth, Kurthnaga, Reyson, Leanne, Rafiel, Dheginhansea, Rajaion), which still outnumbers your list of 30 dragon plus their canon alts.

9 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

You forgot Roy on your list.  Considering he's half-dragon, he should be on there.

Then we need Shigure and every other kid in Fates as a Manakete. And while we're at it, Sophia as a dragon, and then Soren. And then Micaiah with black feathered wings and Zelgius and Stefan as a literal beasts just because, and Amy and Petrine as whatever they are. And maybe every Major Blood in Jugdral plus the Fates Royal Families and Chrom's family as dragons. Shapeshifters for all!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then we need Shigure and every other kid in Fates as a Manakete. And while we're at it, Sophia as a dragon, and then Soren. And then Micaiah with black feathered wings and Zelgius and Stefan as a literal beasts just because, and Amy and Petrine as whatever they are. And maybe every Major Blood in Jugdral plus the Fates Royal Families and Chrom's family as dragons. Shapeshifters for all!

Now you're talking.  All characters who can use dragon veins are included as well.  Literally an ARMY of dragons to bathe the bite-sized mobile game landscape in a TORRENT of flame, while Tharja and Nino stand by giving them the thumbs up sign and saying "Nice bakuretsu!"

There’s a lot I really want to see:

Pretty mages (FE7) Pent, Canas, Erk

Have some more mages (FE8) Artur, Knoll, Saleh 

Birb (Tellius) Reyson, Tibarn, Naesala

Some princesses + the second best character in this game (FE11) Elice, Nyna, Etzel 

For science! (Awakening) Miriel, Laurent, Cervantes 

I’ll add more when I’m awake 

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea for a new Hero Banner. Not sure if it goes with this forum exactly but here it is.

Basically, it is inspired by the Fallen Heroes Banner. This includes 4 characters for the summoning and one for both a potential Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial exclusive character. Too many mages though here I will admit. 

Dark Heroes:

Julius: Dark Heir (Geneology of the Holy War) Blue Tome User (Weapon: Loptyr)

Lyon: Possessed Prince (Sacred Stones)(His appearance when the Demon King controls him) Red Tome User (Weapon: Demonic Naglfar)

Nergal: Quintessence Absorber (Blazing Blade/FE7) Red Tome User Probably (Weapon: Ereshkigal)

Gunter: Knight of Betrayal (Fates)(What he looks like when you fight him in Revelations) Axe User (Weapon: Devil Axe)

Dark Heroes GHB: 

Validar: Grima's Faithful (Awakening) Red Tome User (Weapon: Grima's Truth)

Dark Heroes Tempest Trials Character:

Idoun: Dark Shaman (Binding Blade)(What she looks like when wearing her robes) Green Tome User (Weapon: Dragon's Tome)

OR 

Idoun: Dark Dragon (Binding Blade) Blue Breath (Weapon: Dark Breath+)

Please feel free to tell me what you personally think of my idea. I would love it if they could do this but hey, what are the chances of that happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I just recently did my own topic on this, but then someone showed me that this thread existed :P I'm just gonna place my most wanted characters here

Shadow Dragon: Julian, Lena, Frey, Norne

Shadows of Valentia: Python, Tatiana, Valbar, Forsyth

Mystery of the Emblem: Feena, Ryan, Cecile

Genealogy of the Holy War: Lewyn, Lex, Azel, Jamke, Brigid, Erinys, Patty, Ced, Arthur, Tine, Faval, Travant

Thracia 776: Orsin, Mareeta, Dagdar, Fergus, Asvel, Lara, Pahn, Dean, Kempf, Galzus

Binding Blade: Miledy, Sue, Gonzales, Lugh, Sin, Rutger

Blazing Sword: Pent, Louise, Canas, Kent, Sain, Geitz, Wil, Linus

Sacred Stones: Gerik, Cormag, Duessel, Natasha, Ross, Knoll, Neimi, Colm, Rennac, Dozla, Forde, Franz, Kyle

Path of Radiance: Laguz units, Jill, Haar, Shinon, Gatrie, Rhys, Rolf, Boyd, Kieran, Zihark, Marcia, Ashnard, Calill, Largo, Devdan

Radiant Dawn: Laguz units (again), Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Heather, Pelleas, Sephiran, Jarod

Awakening: Gregor, Maribelle, Sumia, Panne, Yarne, Nah, Kellam, Libra

Fates: Silas, Charlotte, Benny, Orochi, Kaden, Keaton, Nyx

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Laguz units

I hope they realize that there are some fans out there who prefer their waifus to be furry/hairy instead of bald/clean shaven. I want to see some pussy cat Laguz already.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

I hope they realize that there are some fans out there who prefer their waifus to be furry/hairy instead of bald/clean shaven. I want to see some pussy cat Laguz already.

The laguz mostly seem to have tails, animal ears, but don't seem to be hairy/furry.  Still you have good taste, I have the same preference.  I mean we are talking about fictional characters after all, so why focus on regular old humans which are all around us IRL.   Selkie, Nailah, Lethe I'm sure these will have huge appeal for waifu reasons.  

I'm in the camp of wanting beast units - Laguz, Taguel, Beastkin (Fates'), all that.  I think they could be really interesting if you made them wield their own kind of weapon - probably claws (since, despite them using stones like the Manaketes, most don't use breath weapons).  Pretty sure that Dragon Laguz could stick to breath weapons as theirs, but either way, I'd love to see beast units integrated into the game.

Other than that, I can't wait for some more of the Shepards: Sumia, Libra, Maribelle, Kellam, Miriel...And I'd love to see more of the Awakening kids (excluding Yarne, since he'd be a part of the Laguz/Taguel representation), like NAH, Cynthia, Kjelle, Brady, and Laurent.  I know we're kind of drowning in Awakening, but I can't lie that's what I want to see ^^

It'd be great to see more Valentia characters, like Kliff, Python, Silque, Valbar, Tatiana, Luthier, CONRAD, and, bit of a pipe dream, but maybe even Mila herself?  I know she'd have to be super nerfed, but hey, we had Grima, so why not Mila?

Also wouldn't mind seeing Nyx, and maybe even Nils?

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

but don't seem to be hairy/furry.

Panne is not completely covered in fur, but some parts of her body are pretty furry, like her wrists and pelvic region. In fact, her crotch is so furry that she does not even wear panties or anything down there.