Question on events between Thracia 776 and Genealogy of the Holy War

Noax

I read on the the FAQ section of Genealogy that the events of Thracia 776 happens during Genealogy's Chapter 6-8. I'm currently on my first playthrough of Genealogy (Currently starting Chapter 4) and was wondering when the chapters of the two games align. For example, I would assume that Chapter 1 of Thracia would occur somewhere during Chapter 6 of Genealogy and that Thracia's Endgame would occur around Genealogy's Chapter 8. I suppose the big question is what Chapter would Thracia be on during Genealogy's Chapter 7. I was thinking, maybe I could split my playthrough between the two games when said events occur, like one big Jugdral Chronicle. Please try to keep the answers Spoiler free please, and thanks!

It may be a bit harder to explain the why's and stuff without going into spoilers... but no, it's not how think.

Both games don't start at the same time. Thraccia begins way before 2nd Gen Genealogy.

Basically, it's like this:

-Thraccia776 begins

-Genealogy Chapter 6 begins sometime after Thraccia's Chapter 19

-Genealogy Chapter 6 and most of 7 happens between Thraccia's Chapters 19 and 20

-The last part of Genealogy Chapter 7 ends more or less aligns with Thraccia's Chapter 20

-Genealogy Chapter 8 up until the last third and the rest of Thraccia more of less happen concurrently

Kinda like that.

Okay, now it should be fine. Kinda had a mistake there.

---

If you want a more defined chronology:

-Play Thraccia until Chapter 19

-Play Genealogy Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 until Melgen Castle

-Play Thraccia Chapter 20

-Finish Genealogy Chapter 7

-Play Thraccia Chapters 21 to 22

-Play Genealogy Chapter 8 until Connacht Castle

-Finish Thraccia

-Finish Genealogy Chapter 8

This more or less is how it goes chronologically. Not perfect, though, but it should be fine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Noax said:

I read on the the FAQ section of Genealogy that the events of Thracia 776 happens during Genealogy's Chapter 6-8. I'm currently on my first playthrough of Genealogy (Currently starting Chapter 4) and was wondering when the chapters of the two games align. For example, I would assume that Chapter 1 of Thracia would occur somewhere during Chapter 6 of Genealogy and that Thracia's Endgame would occur around Genealogy's Chapter 8. I suppose the big question is what Chapter would Thracia be on during Genealogy's Chapter 7. I was thinking, maybe I could split my playthrough between the two games when said events occur, like one big Jugdral Chronicle. Please try to keep the answers Spoiler free please, and thanks!

I suggest you should not play FE5 between 2 gens of FE4, because FE5 retconned many things, and that was not the way those 2 games were made.

Just finish FE4 first before FE5

On 4/3/2018 at 7:26 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

If you want a more defined chronology:

-Play Thraccia until Chapter 19

-Play Genealogy Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 until Melgen Castle

-Play Thraccia Chapter 20

-Finish Genealogy Chapter 7

-Play Thraccia Chapters 21 to 22

-Play Genealogy Chapter 8 until Connacht Castle

-Finish Thraccia

-Finish Genealogy Chapter 8

This more or less is how it goes chronologically. Not perfect, though, but it should be fine.

19 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I suggest you should not play FE5 between 2 gens of FE4, because FE5 retconned many things, and that was not the way those 2 games were made.

Just finish FE4 first before FE5

Thanks for replying. I'll finish FE4 all the way before FE5, but I think I'll try my idea on a second playthrough out of interest.

1 hour ago, Noax said:

Thanks for replying. I'll finish FE4 all the way before FE5, but I think I'll try my idea on a second playthrough out of interest.

First time around, it's better to play both separately. Trying to fit 5 in between 4 is probably better for subsequent play throughs.