• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• twilit

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

You named those characters after them because you wanted to make a nod to all of them and you’re fighting the Spaghetti Monster because he’s a god and mankind should exercise killing gods that aren’t trying to improve the lives of its people.

If you were a Bard in FE, what instrument would you play?

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Because you were bored. But it was the best thing ever thank you.

You're welcome :D

Current question: A lute that somehow manages to sound like an electric guitar.

How many ants would you need to lift a semi off the ground?

All the blood rushes to your brain, which can lead to black outs, which have the potential to be really bad.

Why is Niime the only female Fire Emblem character over the age of 30?

She isn't, there's also Hannah and if you count long lived races, pretty much all the manaketes and some laguz.

Can the Elibean fire dragon actually fly with those flaming wings?

In response to Dragoncat's question (And including my own)

Heat rises and fire is an excellent source of heat. Ergo not only can the Elibean Fire Dragon fly with those flaming wings, it can do so much better than a dragon with standard wings.

In response to Purple Mage's question: Because their madness twists their bodies like a warp spasm. Cú Chulainn - Wikipedia

Is Super Smash Bros really Ness' further adventures after Earthbound? His crits had a "Smaaaash" effect in Earthbound, and the home-run bat, despite supposedly being "smash only" is basically in line with the weapons Ness uses. Also the Mother series didn't recycle protagonists, so it's the only place he's been playable since leaving. Most importantly, given most people didn't play Earthbound when it came out, the majority of Earthbound's fanbase trickled in from Super Smash Bros.

33 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

She isn't, there's also Hannah and if you count long lived races, pretty much all the manaketes and some laguz.

Also Nyx. She just doesn't look it.

Edited by Mad-manakete
ninja'd

1 hour ago, Mad-manakete said:

Is Super Smash Bros really Ness' further adventures after Earthbound? His crits had a "Smaaaash" effect in Earthbound, and the home-run bat, despite supposedly being "smash only" is basically in line with the weapons Ness uses. Also the Mother series didn't recycle protagonists, so it's the only place he's been playable since leaving. Most importantly, given most people didn't play Earthbound when it came out, the majority of Earthbound's fanbase trickled in from Super Smash Bros.

I both thank and curse thee for inspiring me to search up the ending to Earthbound. Giygas was disorienting, and I admit I skimmed several parts just to get a move on and avoid getting ninja'd.

As for the question itself, well, the same logic could apply to Ike. And some versions of Link.  And maybe the pokemon. Their adventures continued, and they somehow ended up in a fighting game, forced to battle each other for all eternity...

Where can I pick up a copy of Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox? (Yes, I still have one. I also have an Atari 2600, in case you were curious). 

Go to McDonalds, turn into the alley between it and the tractor shop, and find a bell hanging behind a dumpster and ring it. A little goblin will come out and sell it to you. But be warned...his prices aren't cheap.

Why have no birds accidentally flown into outer space?

Because it doesn't have a space program?

Why did the bag of potatoes I had in my cupboard go rotten and make a huge mess instead of growing roots like normal potatoes?

Blustone handles it well via transcendence and training. With the former, if you have the same two characters, you can sacrifice one to greatly improve the stats of the more powerful version, although it comes with a hefty fee, and doing it more than once is very costly (I.E. first transcendence costs one character. The second time costs two, and so on and so forth). The more powerful character also needs to be a three-star hunter in order transcend in the first place. It's a way of balancing the characters who start as three-star hunters and the two and especially one star ones. Three star hunters are powerful right from the start, and can only grow moreso, but good luck getting more than one of the same character frequently. Meanwhile, while two and especially one star hunters start out weak, once you get them to level three, they can be transcended much more often as it's easier to kidnap recruit them.

Besides, with training, you'll be happy to get the same character, as you can sacrifice them to level up another unit, and when they reach max level, you can advance them to the next rank by, you guessed it, sacrificing someone of the same rank. Heck, you're encourage to level and advance characters that you won't even use so you can have them as cannon fodder when ranking up your three star hunters into level four, and four star hunters into level five (as you need two two star hunters to advance a level two character to level three. Three three star units to advance a three star hunter to level four, and so on)! PLUS every character unlocks more conversations at three and five star rankings, meaning you get to see more of their character and story, and they even provide permanent bonuses! So even if you get another one star unit, you can be happy that you now have training fodder.

...Why is it that everytime I talk about Bluestone, I end up writing several paragraphs about the game?

Edited by Hawkwing