Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Those birds have @XRay vision. Ha!

Did the Black Eyed Peas made milk and coco puffs more interesting to you?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

I think I started hearing about them around the time I started to drop music so not really.

Anyone else hoping the Iggy and Spike rap at the Boom Boom Bar has been discovered from the recently unearthed extended version of the Super Mario Bros. movie?

There's an extended version of the Mario Bros movie?

Why do I get the feeling it's going to take me a while to relearn how to type on a keyboard since I haven't typed on one in four years?

Because many Fire Emblem fans are infamously hard to please (no offense, everybody).
It's also a compromise for those who are particularly... vocal about their views, since "mediocre" usually means "average" and "average" sits comfortably between "good" and "bad".
Personally, I think Three Houses has a fantastic story with great writing. But that's just me. After Echoes, I'm kinda tired of arguing about this kind of stuff.

How long can a human being stand on his/her head?

Nah, one is an entire brand of cars, the other is a very specific car from a different brand. Both are related in that they had many successes in motorsports in the past.

Will the "Mercedes/Celica is a car" joke ever get old?
I'm voting no.

Edited by DragonFlames

When a meme dies.  You know how long that takes.

15 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Why does it always seem like Fire Emblem storylines come up as “mediocre” in quality in the eyes of the fans?

Because well... they sort of are.  Sort of the nature of the beast considering the storylines in these games are focused on concentrated battles of big conflicts and explanations on the motivations on how the characters get there are usually pretty minimal by comparison.  This is a franchise primarily about battles and strategizing first and everything else after.  And as with every Nintendo franchise that isn't Xenoblade or Golden Sun, the story is pretty much the last thing on their mind.

14 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

There's an extended version of the Mario Bros movie?

A webstie called The Super Mario Bros. Movie Archive recently found an extended rough cut on ebay from one of the former producers and started posting never before scenes like this one.

Why did I bother answering those two questions even though I couldn't respond fast enough?

EDIT: Because you knew you would ninja me.

They'll get old when I get tired of Sigurd jokes.

Why do I suck when it comes to writing about myself?

As @DragonFlames and @Dragoncat can confirm, I can come up with several ideas regarding the series I'm interested in writing, but I'm horrible about writing about myself, which sucks because I have to write a report about myself for my blackbelt test.

Edited by Espurrhoodie

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

As @DragonFlames and @Dragoncat can confirm, I can come up with several ideas regarding the series I'm interested in writing, but I'm horrible about writing about myself, which sucks because I have to write a report about myself for my blackbelt test.

Well good luck anyway! If it helps, pretend you're Percy Jackson maybe? Like use that style of first person story telling that Rick Riordan uses?

If a person wakes up in the middle of the night because they shit themselves and cries, does that mean they slept like a baby?

It means just about the same as a "Family Restaurant" having awful cooking and an argument at every table.

Have you ever met a date during the Christmas season that looks so bad that you wanna hang him/her and kiss the mistletoe?

No, because i am a lonely dude.

When will we get Mishy Emblem?

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Why does it always seem like Fire Emblem storylines come up as “mediocre” in quality in the eyes of the fans?

Didn't play FE16 yet, so it's not included in the answer
but what makes FE stories meh for me is that ''Dragon mindcontrol/corruption'' is the answer to everything. Tellius is the exception there, and even it has the Blood contract.

Mushroom Emblem.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Well good luck anyway! If it helps, pretend you're Percy Jackson maybe? Like use that style of first person story telling that Rick Riordan uses?

I am, but I can't go 100% Percy Jackson since this is supposed to be a professional paper.

How weird would the AU be where Marianne actually is Berkut and Rinea's daughter?

About as weird as not lighting Rinea on fire.

Would you prefer Rinea on fire or Berkut on fire?

Set them both on fire.

Aside from the fact they're both voiced by Ben Diskin, why can I easily imagine Lorenz as Takarada from Kill La Kill? For reference (fun fact! The guy in the blindfold shares his voice with Sigurd and Clive!)

Because they fit together?

Would a cube of slime 10 cm in length and 1 liter in volume be threatening enough to be a basic RPG monster level threat if they came in hordes of 50 and ate stuff pretty quickly? (also they can merge into bigger slime monsters)

Edited by Purple Mage

36 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Because they fit together?

Would a cube of slime 10 cm in length and 1 liter in volume be threatening enough to be a basic RPG monster level threat if they came in hordes of 50 and ate stuff pretty quickly? (also they can merge into bigger slime monsters)

they attack you simultaneously, then yes. they are line up and wait patiently in orderly fashion to beat you, then no

why is it the one who gets to criticize story (in games or other medium), usually not a writer. how can they be so sure its bad/good?

Because bad/good is a matter of taste. That's all there is to it. Some will like a story, others won't. And no matter how much arguing you do, that will rarely (if ever) change. It also doesn't mean one side is wrong or one side is superior to the other for whatever reason (usually self-proclaimed "professionalism"), it's ultimately just a difference of opinion. And that's perfectly fine in my books. People need to get over themselves sometimes, honestly. Myself included.

A little off topic, but this kind of subjectivity is why literature studies is incredibly hard. Because the criteria of what is and isn't to be included in the "literary canon" (i.e. the "better" literature - I hate that kind of thinking. Elitism in general pisses me off) are incredibly arbitrary and will change depending on the individual. There are people out there that genuinely despise Shakespeare, for example. My old English teacher was one of those.
Makes you question the purpose behind that entire thing, tbh... And this is coming from a literature major.

Many moons ago, we all had a dream, but can't remember. Do you recall the Dream of Eternity?

I remember one time I dreamt I was peeing and I peed the bed, if that counts.

Why do North Korean generals have so many medals despite never being in wars?

All I know is Lima IV and Anankos are not allowed in any Dad Games for being douches and Greil offers Gallian whiskey on occasion and Elbert turned a sickly shade of green and Jeralt downed a liter of the stuff like nothing and wanted more.

If Emmeryn wanted to extend this to Dead Relatives Club, how long would she be able to tolerate the dads?