• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Awakening. The characters look cool, and i've heard some good things about it. I'm also considering shadows of Valentia/echoes, because i remember seeing that at a store on the day of release and a bunch of people were at gamestop talking about it and it seemed kinda interesting but i was just there to buy pokemon or something, i forget. But now i do want to actually play it.

Why did I forget to add a question?

Edited by Emmy
Added a litteral question.

Echoes I would recommend emulating and trying out first before you buy it. It's very much a like or dislike kind of game. Because it's a remake of an older FE game, the map design suffers quite a bit and the gameplay has some quirks, although the overall presentation, voice acting, music, and story surpass Awakening and Fates in quality in my opinion. I personally loved the characters and story, but the gameplay itself annoyed me enough that I didn't want to continue.

Why can't playing the Tellius games be easier for everyone?

I was gonna emulate it, but it kept crashing for some reason. I tried special edition, conquest and birthright, but they all crash right after the title screen and selecting my difficulty.

Do you know how i would fix this?

Edited by Emmy

Just now, Emmy said:

Do you know how i would fix this?

No, I don't unfortunately. Might be a computer issue.

Just now, The Great Contender said:

Why is coffee bitter?

Because that bitter taste is delicious.

Why is coffee a drink for people of culture?

For people to have an excuse to shove a ton of sweet stuff in there, like real men do.

What kind of computer was Emmy emulating on?

12 hours ago, Benice said:

Because you're talking with Sooks, which is entertaining.

3 hours ago, Emmy said:

What FE game do you reccomend to me the most?

If you're looking for casual mode to be a thing still-FE12, New Mystery Of The Emblem works. Aside from that, I'd recommend FE8 to play if you want to try something without casual, as it is very easy, both to play and emulate. Both are quite easy to emulate, but DS might be a bit rough on your computer.

The story's not amazing, and Kris exists, but the gameplay is excellent and the story is good enough, and you will care (probably) about at least a few units. Note that IMO, none of the other games will match FE16's cast, so temper your expectations.

Oh, TearRing Saga exists too-It's apparently pretty easy for the most part, and the story's great. It's also got a mid-chapter save function and a few units who absolutely crunch the game in half. That said, I haven't played it, so don't ask me. It is old, though, and the game's graphics haven't aged too well.

2 hours ago, Emmy said:

I was gonna emulate it, but it kept crashing for some reason. I tried special edition, conquest and birthright, but they all crash right after the title screen and selecting my difficulty.

What did it say, exactly? I may be able to help, since I also have been using Citra a little as of late. (Granted, I'm still not great at computer-ing.)

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

For people to have an excuse to shove a ton of sweet stuff in there, like real men do.

Kinky.

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

EHehhheehehheehhh! You'll never knoooowwww!!!!

Yep! Not that much Bigger in the Brain now, tbh.

Will Raphael make a good archer?

ELIMINE DAMMIT, I GOT NINJA'D!

Because the game accidentally keeps making it seem canon and occasionally -Such as their personal weapons being named after siblings a norse legend in which two siblings are seperated at birth, then meet later and get married due to not knowing that the other was their sibling. They get cursed by the gods.

Edited by Benice

Well, t'was my very first FE, so I played on normal. Hard should be fairly manageable. Really, the two things that make the game very easy are Seth and the fact that you can map grind-I wouldn't recommend using the world map to grind, though, unless you're trying to get Summoner!Ewan. (Prolly his best choice.)

Why is Amelia the best unit?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why is Seth a god?

Well, his base stats are good enough for endgame and he's in a good class, with good weapon ranks, soo... He can literally solo the whole game while rescuing Eirika. I think.

Personally, I'd actually nerf his base stats so that the game can have challenge. Without Seth, the game ain't THAT brainless.

Because Annette is a precious cinnamon roll.

Who should I S-Support in my first playthrough when I get a switch?

(YES I KNOW I'M SIMULTANEOUSLY HATING ON THREE HOUSES AND BEING EXCEEDINGLY HYPED FOR WHEN I GET TO PLAY IT.)

Edited by Benice

Because people don't understand her decision in chapter 18. Personally, I really do, but most people think she's an idiot. I think that the scene was very well-done, though.

Is Alois S-supportable?