• Nino
  • Rath
  • Lowen
  • WIlbecca
  • Karla
  • Guy
  • Isadora
  • Karel

Hopin' to have a good mix of good units and bad units, but I'll whittle it down to about 12, and I'll try not to make you have about 12,000 hero crest users so you can promote everyone.

What do you think of an army with units like that?

Edited by Benice

It’s not absolutely horrible but maybe you should throw on a Hector or Oswin and a healer because the only unit on there that doesn’t die in two hits is Lowen IF he gets good levels (which doesn’t happen.)

Why am I up 3 hours before my alarm?

6 hours ago, Benice said:

What do you think of an army with units like that?

You said a mix of good and bad. That list is almost exclusively bad ('cept for Karel maybe). You do know that I'm bad at FE, right? Right?!

--------

Idk. Never watched it. I've only seen the memes.

Why is Benice dead set on making me play with bad units? 😛

Because the writers are good at their job. Maybe.

Why does the Zelda franchise as a whole consistently have the best video game music I’ve ever heard?

Ninja’d, the answer is because benice is being benaughty. Karla isn’t absolutely horrible, and Nino’s problem only lies in the fact that she’s a waste of exp, she’s still really good. So is Dart as a matter of fact and I think Rath... I think.

Edited by Sooks1016

Because unfortunately you won't end up using most of what you learn, tbh. I took physics, chem, plane geom, precalc, Spanish, and typing, but I haven't used any of those beyond the classes I learned them in.

Why do I like Marth so much?

Eh, depends. Weak units for the most part, janky hit rates, and ambush spawns are the biggest issues it has. But if you arena abuse, like I did, you’ll stand a better chance.

Why do I love FE10 despite how difficult it is?

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Karla isn’t absolutely horrible

Wait, I thought Karla was basically useless. I guess I killed Bartre, so I won't know, but she's in a bad class with bad bases...

3 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

So is Dart as a matter of fact and I think Rath... I think.

Dart's actually not that bad-Very, very fast and strong. He's a total glass cannon and he's not superb, but he is a terrific unit once trained and will probably ORKO everything in sight with a hand axe even without a crit. His bases aren't great, though.

And Rath...Well, Rath is an archer. Still, he's got very good growths, workable bases, a horse and a very good promotion.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

That list is almost exclusively bad ('cept for Karel maybe). You do know that I'm bad at FE, right? Right?!

Wha-? B-but Lowen is amazing, and Erk is quite good! The only really bad units there are Bartre, Guy, (who is fine but is swordlocked) and Wilbecca! Eh, I'll add a few better ones... Like Wallace.

26 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Would I get destroyed if I played fe6?

Nah. The only thing that makes it hard to play blind are the ambush spawns.

It's different from the other GBA games, in that it is more player phase based, (albeit moreso on hard mode) which means that enemies are (close to) more powerful than your own units-Rather than sitting back and tanking them, you have to get rid of them before they take out mage or healer-chan. There are still plenty of units and I'd argue that everyone is very workable, (except for Wendy) so it's not too bad, and you get a lot of excellent prepromotes. The growths in FE6 are also overall a lot lower than the other two GBA games, which is something a lot of people dislike.

I would also like to just mention that, even on Hard Mode, which is very difficult, the game can be beaten with 0% growths.

The game is much better on hard in my opinion, though. Each unit's strengths and weaknesses become more apparent.

Because it feels good to overcome challenges.

Why is Cog of Destiny so painful?

Edited by Benice

Because destiny is always painful.

Why might I eat a dessert and nothing else at 10 am?

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, I thought Karla was basically useless. I guess I killed Bartre, so I won't know, but she's in a bad class with bad bases...

True but you’re forgetting one small thing... he said Eliwood normal 😝

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dart's actually not that bad-Very, very fast and strong. He's a total glass cannon and he's not superb, but he is a terrific unit once trained and will probably ORKO everything in sight with a hand axe even without a crit. His bases aren't great, though.

And Rath...Well, Rath is an archer. Still, he's got very good growths, workable bases, a horse and a very good promotion.

Wha-? B-but Lowen is amazing, and Erk is quite good! The only really bad units there are Bartre, Guy, (who is fine but is swordlocked) and Wilbecca! Eh, I'll add a few better ones... Like Wallace.

I agree wholeheartedly with your stance on Dart.

Rath, Rath, Rath... see the funny thing is I just kind of assumed bows had a 1-2 range option in fe7, and with his higher bow rank when he joins I therefore assumed that would be easily accessible for him... apparently they don’t exist in fe7. Rip. He’s still good enough on player phase with good growths, good-ish bases, and a mount, at least. But I agree with you there too.

But that last line... you’re joking right?? He has 40% growths in magic and skill! He will be doing nothing for you offense wise, and he’s a mage so I’ll let you guess how his defense is. Like most Lyn mode units, his bases are god awful if you don’t play Lyn mode, however even if you do his magic won’t be great, and his speed is 50%, which is very very easy to screw over with fe7’s rng. Lowen is somehow even worse... he has 90% hp, hooray! 50% in luck? Fine I guess. But then... his defense is 40%, and everything else is 30%... yikes. What is he even gonna do with that? He’s not necessarily tanky, he just has high hp. In my opinion, he’s the worst cavalier in the game. Kent and Sain have at least reliable offense, Isadora has good bases and weapons right off the bat, and Marcus... is Marcus. Hp and defense alone just don’t make for a good unit, at least in my opinion. Marcus clearly wasn’t a very good teacher 💀

Edit: As far as no Lyn mode Erk bases I just remembered that he joins pretty early. So they might not be horrible, idk.

Edited by Sooks1016

39 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

He has 40% growths in magic and skill! He will be doing nothing for you offense wise, and he’s a mage so I’ll let you guess how his defense is. Like most Lyn mode units, his bases are god awful if you don’t play Lyn mode, however even if you do his magic won’t be great, and his speed is 50%, which is very very easy to screw over with fe7’s rng.

He actually has comparable damage to the other two non-Pent/Nino spellcasters-

(Yes, I know it is a video about Canas but he has some cool graphs that show damage output.)

Erk is the lowest, but not by much, and he will be doubling a lot easier than Canas will, since Canas needs his promotion to be reliably doubling.

He has 40% growths in magic and skill!

40% is good enough, since most enemies will have lower res, and with his 50% speed growth and very decent base speed, he'll double most enemies. And skill doesn't matter too much. 40% is middling. Sain has 40% speed and is considered one of the most potent threats you have.

his speed is 50%, which is very very easy to screw over with fe7’s rng.

I am pretty sure that of combat units, 50% is the second or third highest. Lyn, Guy and Dart have higher growths in speed, (And possibly Karel and Karla, but their growths don't matter) and I think 'das about it.

Lowen is somehow even worse... he has 90% hp, hooray! 50% in luck? Fine I guess. But then... his defense is 40%, and everything else is 30%... yikes. What is he even gonna do with that?

40% Defense is quite high- He does indeed become quite tanky, and with the +2 from promotion, his defense will be solid. None of his other important stats pop off the board in terms of growths, but his bases are okay and he is a cavalier, and his speed issues can be fixed with a speedwings, since enemies have about 3-4 AS in the earlygame, (meaning that Lowen can double them,) and then cap out at 9 AS until Battle Before Dawn. Lowen will not have  major issues reaching 13 AS to double most everything-With a speedwing, if he promotes at level 10 he will reach 12 AS, which, again, is almost enough to last the almost the whole game on HHM, and he'd need just a few more levels as a paladin or cavalier to reach 13.

Most importantly, he has reliable access to 1-2 range throughout the whole game, so even if he's not ORKO'ing, he'll be contributing on both phases. He's not the best cavalier, (I'd argue that he's better than Sain if Lyn mode was skipped, but that it beside the point) but he can contribute to a team and his defense is very valuable. Kent and Sain have 25 and 20% defense growths, respectively, so Lowen's large lead is noticeable.

Why is the sky blue?

Edited by Benice

Because the ocean said so.

Why do I have so little to do in English?

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Erk is the lowest, but not by much, and he will be doubling a lot easier than Canas will, since Canas needs his promotion to be reliably doubling.

40% is good enough, since most enemies will have lower res, and with his 50% speed growth and very decent base speed, he'll double most enemies. And skill doesn't matter too much. 40% is middling. Sain has 40% speed and is considered one of the most potent threats you have.

I am pretty sure that of combat units, 50% is the second or third highest. Lyn, Guy and Dart have higher growths in speed, (And possibly Karel and Karla, but their growths don't matter) and I think 'das about it.

Dang this is right! I think I forgot about the fact that enemies don’t know what res is, lol. And with 50% growths too, I think I have a vendetta against 50% growths because of my mag screwed Nino.... yeah they should be fine. Curse you Nino! So Erk’s not gReAt but I guess he can be fine, shrugs

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

40% Defense is quite high- He does indeed become quite tanky, and with the +2 from promotion, his defense will be solid. None of his other important stats pop off the board in terms of growths, but his bases are okay and he is a cavalier, and his speed issues can be fixed with a speedwings, since enemies have about 3-4 AS in the earlygame, (meaning that Lowen can double them,) and then cap out at 9 AS until Battle Before Dawn. Lowen will not have  major issues reaching 13 AS to double most everything-With a speedwing, if he promotes at level 10 he will reach 12 AS, which, again, is almost enough to last the almost the whole game on HHM, and he'd need just a few more levels as a paladin or cavalier to reach 13.

Most importantly, he has reliable access to 1-2 range throughout the whole game, so even if he's not ORKO'ing, he'll be contributing on both phases. He's not the best cavalier, (I'd argue that he's better than Sain if Lyn mode was skipped, but that it beside the point) but he can contribute to a team and his defense is very valuable. Kent and Sain have 25 and 20% defense growths, respectively, so Lowen's large lead is noticeable.

Does having high defense alone really make you a good unit though? Think of poor Matthew 😝

With his offensive growths, I think his ability to contribute with 1-2 range should be falling off very quickly. And while yes you could dump speed wings into him, you could also dump speed wings into someone who would do very nice with them, like Eliwood, who’s force deployed. Or Lucius, who one rounds everything with speed (speaking from experience). And if you early promote, he’ll probably fall off hard, I would assume.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

And while yes you could dump speed wings into him, you could also dump speed wings into someone who would do very nice with them, like Eliwood, who’s force deployed.

The problem with giving stat boosters to Eliwood is that in Eliwood mode, investing into him generally is a pretty bad idea-He has a good promotion, (he promotes into cavalier, essentially. Swords and lances, seven movement) but it happens after chapter 28, when there are exactly three real chapters left-The one in Ostia, Victory or Death and Light. Until he promotes, he will be a swordlocked infantry with well-rounded but overall low stats, and it is quite difficult for him to contribute. He's much better in Hector mode, since he can promote in chapter 25 with the hardest of the game still ahead. If you skipped Lyn mode, Lowen probably is the best recipient of the Speedwings. Sain and Kent also can, but their later join time somewhat neuters them.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Or Lucius, who one rounds everything with speed (speaking from experience).

Lucius is quite fast-Ten base speed is (IIRC) doubling almost everything at base, and even though 40% growth is average, his base makes it good enough. Lucius generally wouldn't be needin' speedwings, though.

10 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

And if you early promote, he’ll probably fall off hard, I would assume.

He would somewhat-I'd generally aim to promote him closer to level 13 or 14 to get more longth out of him, but he will still contribute for some time after he promotes.

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

With his offensive growths, I think his ability to contribute with 1-2 range should be falling off very quickly.

Well, if he doubles, he should ORKO most things. He's not the most efficient at it, but he can do fairly well.

12 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Does having high defense alone really make you a good unit though? Think of poor Matthew 😝

Well, high defense + decent speed and 1-2 range makes him a but of a juggernaut once trained, even if he's not as destructive as the other cavs.

You broke my mind.

How did I kill my only thief in ch. 10 of HHM?

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

The problem with giving stat boosters to Eliwood is that in Eliwood mode, investing into him generally is a pretty bad idea-He has a good promotion, (he promotes into cavalier, essentially. Swords and lances, seven movement) but it happens after chapter 28, when there are exactly three real chapters left-The one in Ostia, Victory or Death and Light. Until he promotes, he will be a swordlocked infantry with well-rounded but overall low stats, and it is quite difficult for him to contribute. He's much better in Hector mode, since he can promote in chapter 25 with the hardest of the game still ahead. If you skipped Lyn mode

I agree with all of this, but the problem is that Eliweak is force deployed in certain chapters, but every chapter on his own story mode where he also sucks. And his death causes a game over, regardless of mode, so even if you don’t use him unless you have to on Hector mode I would consider investing into him, he could just hide with the rest of your army and not do anything, but have fun getting durandal, lol.

Well, if he doubles, he should ORKO most things. He's not the most efficient at it, but he can do fairly well.

Really? With his very poor strength I would imagine that proving quite difficult.

Well, high defense + decent speed and 1-2 range makes him a but of a juggernaut once trained, even if he's not as destructive as the other cavs.

OH MY GOD— I can not believe I actually wrote that. You know that Matthew quite right above? Completely disregard it, I- I meant to say does having one good area make you good... Matthew having defense... that’s actually really funny 😂 I was trying to say that Matthew has doubling speed and barely does damage, although he doesn’t have access to lances. Still though, Lowen shouldn’t really be invested into in my opinion when doubling with low strength won’t really do much. He can defend, sure, but if you use your speed wings wisely they won’t be going to Lowen, and with that strength you should just use Oswin, imo.

——

By refining your battle tactics incorrectly.

Why do I like sweet things so much?

Edited by Sooks1016

Because they're tasty.

9 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

By refining your battle tactics incorrectly.

"Watch and learn what refined battle tactics look like!" ~ Black Heart/Next Black, Megadimension Neptunia VII

Why does the idea of a Fire Emblem game where the lord has a story death before the final chapter intrigue me?

Edited by DragonFlames

Because he becomes the hero of RD and Miccy gets stomped by Ike and another person.

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

and with that strength you should just use Oswin, imo.

Well, Oswin is a knight, so he'll fall way behind the rest of your army, and he needs a LOT of speedwings to double.

18 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Really? With his very poor strength I would imagine that proving quite difficult

His strength isn't great, but it should be good enough to deal with a majority of enemies with a hand axe-at level 12/1, he'd be dishing out 36 attack every round- which is about enough on HHM at the point that he'd promote, and on ENM it should be an easy ORKO.

Why did Ike have to be the hero of RD?