Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Toilet paper doesn't exist in the animal world.

Why did I have a dream about the Laguz entering the Olympics last night?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Because your brain comes up with the most awesome stuff. Seriously, I want to see laguz play sports so bad.

Speaking of laguz playing sports, how would sports leagues work in worlds with multiple highly diverse races? Like would there be a rule in basketball that says bird people can't flap their wings to get extra air on a jump?

Edited by Dragoncat

Considering that several sports in real life have different leagues for male and female athletes, they may have to separate them by species, as racist as it sounds. Some creatures may not be able to compete against a different one in the same sport, and they may even have different rules depending on who's playing. Heck, some races may not even be able to participate in certain sports at all, simply due to biological differences (I.E. Species that cannot naturally fly may not be able to participate in a flying race. Underwater sports can't be done by species that can't swim, etc.). These kind of occurrences may be the exception rather than the rule, however, as it depends on the universe in question. House rules or something along those lines may apply when two different species are participating in the same sport recreationally.

Why do several famous mathematicians and physicists have interesting lives?

They may think it's a good idea at the time, but when they're back to being sober they might look back and be like "seriously?"

Why are autocorrect fails so funny?

It's amazing both how advanced and how stupid modern technology can be. It's also hilarious (and even a little insightful) how one word can change the entire context or meaning of a sentence.

Why are so many fighting game characters able to shoot balls of fire, energy, or what-have-you at their foe?

Maybe because it’s way too easy for a Zelda veteran? I did a minimalist run once and it wasn’t difficult at all.

Am I the only one that was very happy that the first three dungeons in Link’s Awakening were fun and challenging, and then very disappointed that the rest of the game after that was way too easy?

6 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

It's amazing both how advanced and how stupid modern technology can be. It's also hilarious (and even a little insightful) how one word can change the entire context or meaning of a sentence.

And that is one of the many reasons I decided to study linguistics amongst other things. Our language is a lot deeper and more complicated than we think.

As for the above question: Probably not. Peeps just won't really criticise Zelda games on the internet. If you do...... *evil music starts playing in the background  while someone screams in the distance*

Which kind of movie genre would you like your life to be?

Edited by DragonFlames

According to Wikipedia, a bloop was an ultra-low-frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in 1997. No really.

Why do some video-game and movie characters carry their sword on their back, when it is extremely impractical to do so in real life?

Because the English language loves saving space in the dictionary, no matter how many different definitions they have to give to a single word.

How many memes do you predict will arise from the Nintendo Direct yesterday?

Either because the game is beautiful, a character you wanted didn't get in, or everyone (except) Kirby died. Or all the above.

Could Raiden from the Mortal Kombat series work as an echo of Pikachu?

Probably not because of different body types, but who knows.

Would Sakurai really force an adventure mode where only Kirby is playable for the entire thing?

Yes. It's call the Kirby's Dream Land.

Speaking of which, why did Kirby have a habit for a while of his games coming out right when Nintendo was switching systems?

Never noticed. Never cared. Maybe it's related to new Zelda games coming out when Nintendo gets a new console?

Speaking of which, why did the moon in Majora's Mask have a face on it?

Edited by Dragoncat

Maybe, because the first one I owned was TP and that's my favorite. Played a bit of others with my friend first though.

Do humans ever spontaneously combust?